Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
So those of you missing out on the Hachette Definitive G1 Collection are actually not missing out on much at all. Both issues 16 and 17 have had misprints. Issue 17 was just a weird sizing issue where a page was enlarged and cropped weirdly cutting off dialogue boxes. Issue 16 though...

THAT fucker is the Monstrosity/Primacy collection, but has a re-printed page from Dreamwave's War and Peace randomly in the middle because gently caress basic quality control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arquinsiel posted:

So those of you missing out on the Hachette Definitive G1 Collection are actually not missing out on much at all. Both issues 16 and 17 have had misprints. Issue 17 was just a weird sizing issue where a page was enlarged and cropped weirdly cutting off dialogue boxes. Issue 16 though...

THAT fucker is the Monstrosity/Primacy collection, but has a re-printed page from Dreamwave's War and Peace randomly in the middle because gently caress basic quality control.

Jesus, can you post some pics? I need to see this.

Edit: Just scored two more TW baseplates!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 28, 2017

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Comfortador posted:

There's something with their heads that I don't like.

Is that they have the regular seeker helmet shape with a cone on top so they look like they have super thick eyebrows?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

So let's play a game called "I'm irresponsible with money and should have my bank account locked."

August acquisitions.

Did I already ask if anyone had unwanted Toyworld baseplates?

loving OWNS.

My Sixshot gets here this week. So stoked for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still need Sixshot! Diamond pushed off his release til 12-27-17 which is code for "we're not actually getting this product" so now I have to wait for it to come back into stock on Amazon for a not stupid price.

We have an odd archway in our apartment and I realized I could put two floating shelves on the side that faces the den and fill it with bots so that's my project for wednesday. I made a vow that if I didn't have it on display I didn't need to own it so I'm trying to squeeze as many shelves in as possible.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

I still need Sixshot! Diamond pushed off his release til 12-27-17 which is code for "we're not actually getting this product" so now I have to wait for it to come back into stock on Amazon for a not stupid price.

We have an odd archway in our apartment and I realized I could put two floating shelves on the side that faces the den and fill it with bots so that's my project for wednesday. I made a vow that if I didn't have it on display I didn't need to own it so I'm trying to squeeze as many shelves in as possible.

I got mine for 50 bucks shipped on eBay.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

I got mine for 50 bucks shipped on eBay.

TOO MUCH.

SRP is like $40 and that extra $10 is another baseplate!

EDIT: JUST SCORED 6 MORE PLATES HAHAHAHAAAAHAHA

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 28, 2017

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I just found a Sixshot at Wal-mart, so maybe there's a revision case that has him and Sky Shadow?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

I just found a Sixshot at Wal-mart, so maybe there's a revision case that has him and Sky Shadow?

That would be nice. I guess I could start checking Walmart.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

TOO MUCH.

SRP is like $40 and that extra $10 is another baseplate!

Ah dammit

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Woo, just picked up TFP Swerve (a voyager Breakdown repaint) for $40. The Breakdown mould has been a small grail of mine, so I'm glad I finally get to own at least a version of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Woo, just picked up TFP Swerve (a voyager Breakdown repaint) for $40. The Breakdown mould has been a small grail of mine, so I'm glad I finally get to own at least a version of it.

Nice score! He is indeed an amazing mold.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah as I mentioned before it might feel a little flimsy in hand but both modes look great and the transformation's pretty good too.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Rhyno posted:

Jesus, can you post some pics? I need to see this.
lovely quality because late and holding books on my knees:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That is incredible.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Arquinsiel posted:

lovely quality because late and holding books on my knees:

Lmao I had to scroll up to find the context because this took me off guard

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rhyno posted:

That would be nice. I guess I could start checking Walmart.

Went back to the same Wal-mart and they had 2 more Six Shots. So yes, go.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it Indiana sucks. I made a stop and they had nuthin.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'd say come to Kansas, but no, don't. It sucks.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Also North Carolina.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hmm, there's a rumour going around that HasTak have issued a C&D to Fans Toys. Flying a little too close to the sun?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, there's a rumour going around that HasTak have issued a C&D to Fans Toys. Flying a little too close to the sun?

Any idea for what in particular? Or just a general C&D? Cause if they're pulling the trigger on Fans Toys they're gonna be gunning for the rest soon enough.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Kapow in the U.K. claimed to have gotten one. Hadn't heard about Fans Toys though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Interesting.

I dunno if there's even a need for it though, because I feel like a lot of third party stuff has been dying down or being made obsolete by Hasbro\Takara.

I've been boxing a lot of figures to sell at DC and just thinking of all the money I wasted on those, given that their prices have just tanked in the aftermarket and are way lower than their initial retail. I mean, I went into it realizing this is what would probably happen.

3rd party CHUG is more or less gone and the market has been cornered into Not-Masterpiece figures, which you'd think could last a while because Hasbro only makes a few new MP figures each year. Maybe that's why they'd finally pursue legal action.

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Kapow in the U.K. claimed to have gotten one. Hadn't heard about Fans Toys though.

Well, if they're sending retailers C&Ds, I just hope I can get that really cool DX9 Powerglide before they pop the third party bubble.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Aren't Kapow just a retailer?

Has/Tak are C&D-ing someone selling products legally brought to the UK, not C&D-ing the maker of the products?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The rumor about Fans Toys is from a twitter post from some random guy, I really wouldn't get worked up over it.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Finally opened up Seaspray and boy he sure does have some clownshoes!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The rumor about Fans Toys is from a twitter post from some random guy, I really wouldn't get worked up over it.

I would be more concerned if they started going after retailers than 3P companies anyway. Most of them are in China so a C&D would mean jack poo poo, but somebody has to carry them. Places like BBTS would be fine but smaller sites that focus on just Transformers like TheChosenPrime would take a huge hit from that.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Probably my last purchase in a gooood while but finally got a hold of this bad boy:

Quite bigger than I imagined him to be, sad that it isn't an actual Jas Gripen but it's still a cool made up Jet.

Complex transformation but the result is a badass robot armed to the teeth. Thankfully I got a stable neck connection so it's not wobbly a all. I feared he'd be that horrible AoE Galvatron gray but it's got way more white to it. I'm not sure if I want to paint him now though because the body folds up inside itself like a motherfucker for transformation and even with a coat I fear it's gonna scratch. As I said transformation isn't easy but everything does peg together securely and it's entertaining overall if you're into creative conversions.

My only TLK figure and I'm pretty glad I got him. Now I'd kinda like to have some Titanmaster that fits him so he can have both an alternate head and a pilot for altmode but oh well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hey so if anyone needs Blitzwing/Octone I have an extra set because I decided I didn't want to hunt around for them in stores so I said screw it and pre-ordered from BBTS and then a month later I decided I didn't want to hunt around in stores for them so I pre-ordered from BBTS.

Cost is $50 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Probably my last purchase in a gooood while but finally got a hold of this bad boy:

Quite bigger than I imagined him to be, sad that it isn't an actual Jas Gripen but it's still a cool made up Jet.

Complex transformation but the result is a badass robot armed to the teeth. Thankfully I got a stable neck connection so it's not wobbly a all. I feared he'd be that horrible AoE Galvatron gray but it's got way more white to it. I'm not sure if I want to paint him now though because the body folds up inside itself like a motherfucker for transformation and even with a coat I fear it's gonna scratch. As I said transformation isn't easy but everything does peg together securely and it's entertaining overall if you're into creative conversions.

My only TLK figure and I'm pretty glad I got him. Now I'd kinda like to have some Titanmaster that fits him so he can have both an alternate head and a pilot for altmode but oh well.

That is a real fuckin nice robot. I recommit to buying him.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Medullah posted:

Hey so if anyone needs Blitzwing/Octone I have an extra set because I decided I didn't want to hunt around for them in stores so I said screw it and pre-ordered from BBTS and then a month later I decided I didn't want to hunt around in stores for them so I pre-ordered from BBTS.

Cost is $50 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

$50 for the two plus shipping?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

History Comes Inside! posted:

That is a real fuckin nice robot. I recommit to buying him.

I really wanted one until I actually saw the thunderwing headmaster on that body and now.....eh.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hasbro is suing Warner Brothers and DC over the Bumblebee trademark, claiming that the lady that shrinks might be confused with the giant transforming robot.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Blackheart posted:

The robot looks nice, and the plane looks nice, but I don't really see any of the parts from the one on the other, so I have to wonder how interesting the transformation beyond all the robot parts folding up underneath the plane top as most plane transformations go.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Hasbro is suing Warner Brothers and DC over the Bumblebee trademark, claiming that the lady that shrinks might be confused with the giant transforming robot.

Isn't that the wasp or am I thinking of another superhero.

SlothfulCobra posted:

The robot looks nice, and the plane looks nice, but I don't really see any of the parts from the one on the other, so I have to wonder how interesting the transformation beyond all the robot parts folding up underneath the plane top as most plane transformations go.

The plane does have the torso and legs mostly tucked under, but the arms actually go inside him to form the exhaust (that's his arm cannon) and the cockpit (the other arm's shield/pickaxe thingy that somehow is screen accurate) and the wings fold up behind him to form his turbine thingies. The only plane leftover is the tailfin that hangs behind him like it happens with Lugnut. It's actually kind of impressive how he transforms. I found the plane undercarriage less bothersome than I'd expected once in hand though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Blackheart posted:

Isn't that the wasp or am I thinking of another superhero.
The Wasp does that, yes, but she is a Marvel character.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think they have a strong case.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I'd like a black/gold Nitro Zeus repaint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

The Wasp does that, yes, but she is a Marvel character.

gently caress I remember her from the Teen Titans and even then I thought it was the Wasp :doh: