Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

:perfect:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
How is this series only like three years old with all this amazing fan poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Fixed that for you.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Has Deku had like a conversation with Tsuyu since the first time the VA showed up?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Nope. While, conversely, Tsuyu and Ochako have held hands when they were both scared.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Has Deku had like a conversation with Tsuyu since the first time the VA showed up?

There was the time he asked her to be on his team during the team headband-swiping event, but after that I think the only interaction was when Tsuyu was addressing the class as a group, so not really

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Makes me think of Lord of the Rings where Legolas speaks to Frodo like once in the entirety of the three films.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

When Bakugou got kidnapped he asked her to help rescue him? And then she got real sad for not helping after.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Have Bakugou and Mineta ever interacted? I skipped straight to the current arc in the manga after watching the first season of the anime.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He told him to shut up in class one time.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That's different, nobody likes Mineta.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vonnie posted:

Have Bakugou and Mineta ever interacted? I skipped straight to the current arc in the manga after watching the first season of the anime.

Pretty sure Bakugo doesn't even know who Mineta is.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
So in the big fight deal between OfA, AfO, Deku and Shigaraki, where does Bakugo fit in?

He's like the second most important character, but he strikes me as the wild joker that can really introduce some well needed chaos to this stalemate.

How do y'all figure it'll work out?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
He's gonna explode Shigaraki. Or try to, at least.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There's also Todoroki to fit in, really I expect the League of Villains to get more heavy hitters. Toga and Twice are great but I don't know if they're really high level combatants so much as shneaky shnakes, and yes i recall Toga stabbing Aizawa. it's a really good question and I'm not sure what Bakugo's end path is I think he has a lot of development to go through. He's the inverse of Deku who has the hero's heart, will save anyone, and throw himself into danger immediately to save others but needs to get a lot stronger. Bakugo has an amazing Quirk but is also an amazing athlete with a great combative mind but he failed the licensing exam and not because of a particular thing like Todoroki. He has a lot to learn about what makes a hero great short of just strength, like Endeavour.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Mordaedil posted:

So in the big fight deal between OfA, AfO, Deku and Shigaraki, where does Bakugo fit in?

He's like the second most important character, but he strikes me as the wild joker that can really introduce some well needed chaos to this stalemate.

How do y'all figure it'll work out?

While I can see Bakugo's battle instinct and smarts being a huge asset in coming up with counters against Shigaraki's death touch, I think it might be a nice cap to his character arc to have Bakugo be the one leading and organizing the evacuation of civilians.

While he's always been praised for his combat prowess and toughness, we've also been shown that his main hurdle with the pro hero world is his lack of people skills and a careless disregard with how he presents himself to others. So it would be nice to have a payoff to that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

EmmyOk posted:

There's also Todoroki to fit in, really I expect the League of Villains to get more heavy hitters. Toga and Twice are great but I don't know if they're really high level combatants so much as shneaky shnakes, and yes i recall Toga stabbing Aizawa. it's a really good question and I'm not sure what Bakugo's end path is I think he has a lot of development to go through. He's the inverse of Deku who has the hero's heart, will save anyone, and throw himself into danger immediately to save others but needs to get a lot stronger. Bakugo has an amazing Quirk but is also an amazing athlete with a great combative mind but he failed the licensing exam and not because of a particular thing like Todoroki. He has a lot to learn about what makes a hero great short of just strength, like Endeavour.

I bet that creepy giant guy from Kirishima's flashback will eventually come back as a heavy hitter for the League of Villains.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

I bet that creepy giant guy from Kirishima's flashback will eventually come back as a heavy hitter for the League of Villains.

We have already seen him before in the manga. (And by extension the anime.) So yeah he probably will.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, Iida just totally dropped off the map huh?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Man, Iida just totally dropped off the map huh?

There were just too many Sasukes.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Iidas not a Sasuke.

Anyway, MHA just cycles through characters so he just hasn't had a major role in the last 2 arcs. He had some fair screen time during the rescue Bakugou arc.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Okay i know the eyes are canon but man they look odd on an actual human being.

She did a drat good job on 'em.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
While I wouldn't mind more Iida, I'm so glad this arc was able to give my boy Kirishima some much needed backstory and fleshing out

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Okay i know the eyes are canon but man they look odd on an actual human being.

She did a drat good job on 'em.

What all goes in to achieving that look? I can tell there's white makeup on the edges of her eyelids, I'm pretty sure she has contacts in to make her irises bigger, and I *think* the upper line on the eyelashes helps exaggerate it further, but man the whole thing together is super convincing.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Like how do you even open your eyes that wide

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

sockpuppetclock posted:

Like how do you even open your eyes that wide
White eyeliner and big-eye contacts is my current theory.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I'm expecting AfO to give most of the League second quirks at some point as a way to up their threat. Also, Mustard will probably get out of juvie at some point.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 29, 2017

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

LostRook posted:

I'm expecting AfO to give most of the League second quirks at some point as a way to up their threat. Also, Mustard will probably get out of juvie at some point.

Or maybe he can in fact hand over AfO just like he can with other quirks, and he did so with Shigaraki because he saw his defeat coming. Deku is All Might's successor and got his quirk, Shigaraki is AfO's successor and it would be odd for a character that's meant to mirror Deku not to inherit a quirk too.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Slime posted:

Or maybe he can in fact hand over AfO just like he can with other quirks, and he did so with Shigaraki because he saw his defeat coming. Deku is All Might's successor and got his quirk, Shigaraki is AfO's successor and it would be odd for a character that's meant to mirror Deku not to inherit a quirk too.

It's all but guaranteed to be inherited by Shigaraki because the imagery of him disintegrating a hero so that all that remains is their power that he now owns is too good not to use

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's all but guaranteed to be inherited by Shigaraki because the imagery of him disintegrating a hero so that all that remains is their power that he now owns is too good not to use

AfO mutating and combining with Shigaraki's quirk would also make it mirror how One For All came to be, since that's a quirk that combines the first user's quirk of...handing down the handing itself down quirk and the stockpiling quirk that AfO gave him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Yuri_Librarian/status/902550681944440832

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
cool if true but I'm gonna need a better source on that

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Blockhouse posted:

cool if true but I'm gonna need a better source on that

Yeah, this.

Also, "boys and girls".
Uuuuuh :pedo: All Might?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One (dick) for All

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

One (dick) for All

It's a really loving good thing All Might was a prodigy with his power

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm glad it's canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

What all goes in to achieving that look? I can tell there's white makeup on the edges of her eyelids, I'm pretty sure she has contacts in to make her irises bigger, and I *think* the upper line on the eyelashes helps exaggerate it further, but man the whole thing together is super convincing.

unless i'm getting it mixed up w/a different tsuyu cosplayer i saw on my dashboard a while ago i'm pretty sure her eyes are closed and that's actually her top eyelid painted really convincingly