Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

On the subject of physical games, I'm not playing Mario + Rabbids right now because it's 2pm and Amazon haven't delivered it yet. Also I threw out about 60-70 game boxes last time I moved. All I kept was my PSP boxes because I have nothing decent to put UMDs in and my Vita boxes because they're tiny. Given how small Switch boxes are I have no issue building a collection of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

It's more for travel than home use. The dock is nice but it's a lot of bulk to travel with.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Hopefully the end of Miiverse also means the end of having separate logins for "Nintendo Acccount" and "Nintendo Network ID". Trying to figure out what accounts connected to what pissed me off enough that I packed my 3DS back into its box about a year ago and haven't touched it since.
This definitely seems like something a sane person would do and not a weird overreaction.

Especially considering the only thing you can login to a 3DS with is a NNID, and there's no mention of Nintendo Account on it at all.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Especially considering the only thing you can login to a 3DS with is a NNID, and there's no mention of Nintendo Account on it at all.

Unless you link the accounts, in which case it becomes random what combination of usernames and passwords work on a given day. Then if you try to set both accounts to have matching passwords you get locked out of both until you do a password reset. :lol:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Unless you link the accounts, in which case it becomes random what combination of usernames and passwords work on a given day. Then if you try to set both accounts to have matching passwords you get locked out of both until you do a password reset. :lol:

No?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Apparently Nintendo Europe didn't get the memo and just released a compilation video of Nindies games coming to the Switch.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/902531295393103877

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I assume the showcase will have more info, clips showing better context of what's going on, narration, and some release dates.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wargroove is the only one on that list that I'm like "well that looks neat". I mean Hollow Knight is fine but that's been out for a while now

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I never got Owlboy on PC so I'll play it on Switch happily. Also I want to see if a full tank rush in 8-Bit Armies makes my Switch explode.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the Yoku game is basically metroidvania but what if every area was a big pinball puzzle so I'm really high on that concept

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So I bought MARIO + Rabbids this morning. It's been like 15 minutes and it still isn't even on my home screen as an icon. When I go to the store page it's grated out as Purchased. How do I kick this poo poo off? Am I hosed??

Ed: found the redownloads section. Nm

Feenix fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 29, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Owlboy I think is the only notable new thing shown there, hopefully we get release dates for some of those as well. Stardew notably absent.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nintendo has stated what the end of Miiverse means.

Super Mario Maker (Wii U): Users will still be able to share levels, but will no longer be able to comment on them.
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS): While users will still be able to play Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars and complete all 88 levels in the main game, the Community feature will be discontinued, preventing players from sharing levels and receiving additional Stars. As there will be a limit to the number of Stars that can be obtained, not all objects may be unlocked from the Workshop.
Splatoon (Wii U): Miiverse posts will no longer display in Inkopolis Plaza or the game's stage maps.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS): The Miiverse stage will still be playable, but Miiverse user posts will not display in the background. Players will also be unable to post replays to YouTube/Miiverse, share stages or create tournaments.
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U): Players will not be able to upload game-play videos to YouTube since they also post to Miiverse at the same time. The tournament function will also not be available.
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U): In Super Mario 3D World, the Miiverse posts that appear on the course select screen and when selecting courses will disappear. Players will still be able to collect in-game stamps, but not post them to Miiverse.
Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U): In Xenoblade Chronicles X, the BLADE report feature will no longer be available.

Users can download their old Miiverse posts (without comments or messages from others) by visiting http://miiverse.nintendo.net and registering before the Miiverse service ends on Nov. 7, 2017 at 10 p.m. PT. Once registered, users will receive an e-mail via Nintendo Account mail a few weeks after the Miiverse service ends, which will include a unique URL to download their past Miiverse posts.

This makes me really sad. Smash and Mario Maker need ports right the gently caress now. Also Super Mario 3D World and maybe just the amazing drawing game from WarioWare.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

Owlboy I think is the only notable new thing shown there, hopefully we get release dates for some of those as well. Stardew notably absent.

upsetting that Golf Story isn't in that reel, unless like Stardew it's right around the corner

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Hollow Knight AND Owlboy? Well burst my pumpkins!

Nephzinho posted:

Stardew notably absent.

chucklefish strikes again

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
All those posts lost like tears in the amazing looking rain.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Little Mac posted:

This makes me really sad. Smash and Mario Maker need ports right the gently caress now. Also Super Mario 3D World and maybe just the amazing drawing game from WarioWare.

I can't imagine why they would add this as I think I was literally the only person making that kind of level but I'd LOVE it if Mario Maker Switch added in a real mine cart level or general auto scrolling function so I didn't have to just McGyver up a minecart/rocket barrel level with the water physics

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

upsetting that Golf Story isn't in that reel, unless like Stardew it's right around the corner

The Golf Story trailer that just came out says "Summer 2017", so I assume it's coming soon.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
8 Bit Armies looks likes its stuttering constantly I've messed around with it on Steam and know how frantic it can get.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Reggie here. Many of you have been asking "Stardew when." I just wanted to say, "Stardew now."

*End of Nindies event.*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Away, Nine Parchments, and a couple others look neat.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
That state of mind game looks rad but I bet it’ll be indie poo poo.rip

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I wonder when Terraria will come to the Switch

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So we get two advanced wars games but no harvest moon games? I guess we know which games are qualified for the Switch :smug:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Away, Nine Parchments, and a couple others look neat.

Yeah that is high on my "couch co-op" purchase list. Most of the Nindies from the last presentation still are, whenever the hell they're coming out. Wargroove has been one of my most anticipated titles for the console.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My friend, I was terribly wrong about Mario x Rabbids. It is not a good game as I erroneously said earlier.

It is a GREAT game and it’s super charming and fun and here I am playing Mario XCOM during lunch break in the perfect system: the Nintendo Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I look forward to playing Mario + Rabbids tonight during Smackdown and then tomorrow during lunch.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Little Mac posted:

The issue of "can no longer create tournaments" for Smash 4 has to mean that Smash 4 DX is in the pipeline, because holy cow, what a mistake that would be.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/902553786618667009

I guess Stardew Valley won't be showcased tomorrow, unless this is a big fake out.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Submitting to who? Does Nintendo test these?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My friend, I was terribly wrong about Mario x Rabbids. It is not a good game as I erroneously said earlier.

It is a GREAT game and it’s super charming and fun and here I am playing Mario XCOM during lunch break in the perfect system: the Nintendo Switch.

Still can't believe that I'm going to wind up buying this game.

:yeah:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Xcom give it to ya
What?
Rabbids wait for you to get it on your own,
Mario deliver to ya,
Download, open up the game it's real
With the non stop pop pop if stainless steel

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Detective No. 27 posted:

I look forward to playing Mario + Rabbids tonight during Smackdown and then tomorrow during lunch.
I look forward to purchasing Mario + Rabbids this evening, but then probably not playing it because I won't be home till 9pm or some poo poo.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Xcom give it to ya
What?
Mario deliver to ya,

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Xcom give it to ya
What?
Mario deliver to ya,

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Xcom give it to ya
What?
Mario deliver to ya,

Please stop updating my thread title.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0anr7mSsoI

It's another retro game, from Nicalis!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Despite it being a little grating with "GEEE ISN'T NOSTALGIA GREAT GUYS!" it looks cute and fun.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0anr7mSsoI

It's another retro game, from Nicalis!

Nicalis? ehh...gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon