Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

mr grizz

mr grizz you forgot to send everyone else

omg dont give me the inkbrush now

but but but :<<<<

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Smiles posted:

mr grizz

work harder, slacker.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I wish there was a solo salmon run challenge mode where you pick a weapon and have to get enough eggs that would be satisfied by 4 players

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Kraken posted:

The only bad part of getting the ink brush in SR is if your team completely drops the ball when it comes to killing steelheads.

It's... doable on Marooner's Bay and Spawning Grounds with all the ledges, but good loving luck in the Lost Outpost where it's all flat ground and shallow slopes.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

I'm jealous of everything in this picture.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

what's the name of the currency? G? Is it gold? Can we call them Squidloons?

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

work harder, slacker.

i made up for it

gotta stop though, inkbrush and nozzlenose aggravates the old carpal tunnel

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

well why not posted:

what's the name of the currency? G? Is it gold? Can we call them Squidloons?

Quids.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Guppies.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dollarydoos

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Squids

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Heavy Splatling feels extremely satisfying in Salmon Run- so many masses of slow-moving things to shoot at!

some good random teams this morning before work, not counting the player who kept squid-ing through the grates into the water and dying lol (I.... did it once too)

also which goon has squid_loss.jpg as their drawing thing in the lobby now

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
TIL that Salmon Run doesn't call the loss even if everyone is dead so long as there is a splat bomb out somewhere.

Ask me how I learned this.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Smiles posted:

mr grizz

I wish it could handle drops better. Losing access to even one weapon type can be killer.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The L-3 has an odd amount of delay between shots and still takes 2 of the 3 to kill a regular fish, I'll be glad not to see it for a good while. Plus makes it hard to paint and run when things get tight, which is why the N Zap is in fact good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Smiles posted:

mr grizz

DO YOUR JOB!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Smiles posted:

i made up for it

Do you guys get these numbers playing with pubbies? I think the best I've done is like 160 or so, and that was with the really good weapon set a week or two ago.

LethalGeek posted:

The L-3 has an odd amount of delay between shots and still takes 2 of the 3 to kill a regular fish, I'll be glad not to see it for a good while. Plus makes it hard to paint and run when things get tight, which is why the N Zap is in fact good.

The H-3 is what they have today and it's even worse with the delays, you have to wait like a good second or so in between shots. At least the L-3 you can shoot out another burst prettty much immediately.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

raditts posted:

Do you guys get these numbers playing with pubbies? I think the best I've done is like 160 or so, and that was with the really good weapon set a week or two ago.

The H-3 is what they have today and it's even worse with the delays, you have to wait like a good second or so in between shots. At least the L-3 you can shoot out another burst prettty much immediately.

The higher you get the better the pubbies are the higher you get, etc, etc. There is a survivor bias once you get to 250%++ while the lower difficulties are full of players who fail upwards.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Only 8 more run speed up chunks until I can get my loadout finished.

This is way grindier than it needs to be.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smiles posted:

mr grizz

:capitalism:

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Re: People making ridiculous mistakes at high ranks.

Sometimes I feel like Agent 4 -- dodging, rolling, and splatting fools like an artist, all while still having time to Booyah! throughout the match.

Other times I feel like Pearl -- roll into the water, stand too close to the rainmaker shield, get splatted by the guy who started with his back to me, etc.

It also kinda depends how baked I am.

The game is streaky as hell but that's what keeps everyone coming back. It's like poker... If the best players won every time, there would be no bad players left and the game would die.

Last night in Tower Control we splatted their whole team, shouts of Booyah! unite as we all dash forward to take more ground and pin the enemy. Things are going great until I look at the map and see the Tower has slowly coasted back to the middle because we all ran off without it, so our counter is only at 71.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 29, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Never splat under the influence

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

ALWAYS splat under the influence

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Especially alcohol. My bucket is powered by liquor.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Deltron 3030 posted:

Re: People making ridiculous mistakes at high ranks.

Sometimes I feel like Agent 4 -- dodging, rolling, and splatting fools like an artist, all while still having time to Booyah! throughout the match.

Other times I feel like Pearl -- roll into the water, stand too close to the rainmaker shield, get splatted by the guy who started with his back to me, etc.

It also kinda depends how baked I am.

The game is streaky as hell but that's what keeps everyone coming back. It's like poker... If the best players won every time, there would be no bad players left and the game would die.

Last night in Tower Control we splatted their whole team, shouts of Booyah! unite as we all dash forward to take more ground and pin the enemy. Things are going great until I look at the map and see the Tower has slowly coasted back to the middle because we all ran off without it, so our counter is only at 71.

I love your posts and have noticed the running theme of gambling running through them.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Smiles posted:

i made up for it

nice

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

raditts posted:

i exclusively solo queue with randoms and honestly i dont think theyre as bad as a lot of people make them out to be. occasionally you do come across a squid (or three) who arent on the ball, i mean ive cleared shifts where i end with 10+ revives because they keep overextending or tunnel visioning, which means i have to put some work in. on the other hand, ive played with squids wholl throw a bomb into a flyfishs left launcher at the same time you throw a bomb into its right, squids who wait for the scrapper to come up narrow walkways before ganging up on it in a more open area or squids with a crowd control weapon clearing out the cannon fodder around you while you charge up your long range weapon at a steelhead. so yeah, if youre on top of things you can tilt the scales in your favor but when everyones on the same page its easy street.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
You can rely on randos to do the most basic in-front-of-them thing.
I'd imagine getting higher than 100 profreshional and keeping it is peacing out to take care of targets off the beaten path.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JackDarko posted:

I love your posts and have noticed the running theme of gambling running through them.

Well, Deltron is a Neuromancer. They do that.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Manuel Calavera posted:

Well, Deltron is a Neuromancer. They do that.

A perfect blend of technology and magic, you might say

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I played a match of Salmon Run where a flyfish spawned first, I blew up one of its pods then died. My teammates promptly all went away and focused on other things, leaving that flyfish there.

Needless to say, we wiped.

Always kill the goddamn flyfish

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
what the gently caress... I plan to get a couple solid hours of this game in tonight after being constantly busy, and then server maintenance.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

I got both super bonuses today with only one crew wipe. This set is really good. N-zap isn't great and I'm still not sure how good the nozzlenoses are, but the splatling gun and ink brush are two of the best Salmon Run weapons. Having them in one set is great.

What are your tactics with the splatling gun? I drew it a couple times and had a pretty bad time with the thing, but I'm sure I'm doing it wrong...

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

what the gently caress... I plan to get a couple solid hours of this game in tonight after being constantly busy, and then server maintenance.

Nintendo's way of telling you to take a break for some Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

It's actually really good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Astro7x posted:

When's server maintenance?

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Boy, it sure is annoying when I'm running up in front of the one carrying the rainmaker, shooting a straight path up the pedestal, and they decide to help me out by just shooting constantly in front of me instead of, yknow, SWIMMING

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

super nailgun posted:

What are your tactics with the splatling gun? I drew it a couple times and had a pretty bad time with the thing, but I'm sure I'm doing it wrong...

Well its DPS output is absolutely insane, easily mowing through groups of Salmonids. Its has the range and firerate to comfortably take out every boss. So it can do literally everything.

The hard part of using it is working around your limited mobility when firing. You have to be really mindful of your positioning when using it. Use shorter bursts if you only have to kill a few enemies, reserving full charges for bosses and large groups. If you need to run through enemy ink, you may not have time to lay down a path before getting hit. If you end up in a situation like that, jump while firing single shots. You'll create just enough ink that you can hop from puddle to puddle. Its inefficient but it lets you move fast enough to avoid getting hit. Also if a smallfry is nipping at your feet you can kill it with two single spurts.

There's no really big secrets to it though. Its just a gun that emphasizes the importance of proper positioning even more than usual, so if that is something you struggle with it might not seem good. When you really get a feel for its charge rate and the movement of salmonids though, it becomes really easy to quickly and safely tear through everything with it.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 30, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Today I noticed that the reflection in your sunglasses on the results screen is different depending on which map you played on.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Boy, it sure is annoying when I'm running up in front of the one carrying the rainmaker, shooting a straight path up the pedestal, and they decide to help me out by just shooting constantly in front of me instead of, yknow, SWIMMING

This times a million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Well its DPS output is absolutely insane, easily mowing through groups of Salmonids. Its has the range and firerate to comfortably take out every boss. So it can do literally everything.

The hard part of using it is working around your limited mobility when firing. You have to be really mindful of your positioning when using it. Use shorter bursts if you only have to kill a few enemies, reserving full charges for bosses and large groups. If you need to run through enemy ink, you may not have time to lay down a path before getting hit. If you end up in a situation like that, jump while firing single shots. You'll create just enough ink that you can hop from puddle to puddle. Its inefficient but it lets you move fast enough to avoid getting hit. Also if a smallfry is nipping at your feet you can kill it with two single spurts.

There's no really big secrets to it though. Its just a gun that emphasizes the importance of proper positioning even more than usual, so if that is something you struggle with it might not seem good. When you really get a feel for its charge rate and the movement of salmonids though, it becomes really easy to quickly and safely tear through everything with it.

I'd add to this that since you can't bolthole with the Splatling, just stand your ground. It will work more often than not.