Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Gohan is the only saiyan we've seen at any point between tiny child and muscle man, I imagine this will hold true for Goten and Trunks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Protecting the island will cause Goten and Trucks to grow 2 feet each.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

bobjr posted:

Protecting the island will cause Goten and Trucks to grow 2 feet each.

They already have two feet each.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I have to imagine it's intentional after this episode that most of U7's opposition are younger fighters so far when they're much older. It's the same situation Goku found himself in when he fought Master Roshi, and that was ultimately a good thing for him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i miss the following boys:
- Jaco
- Gowasu
- Satan

that is all

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They should have brought Hercule instead of Freeza. He would definitely last to the end.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nessus posted:

The other universes probably just grabbed their people with the highest power level readouts or something.

Nothing we've seen suggests the gods use anything as crass and misleading as scouters.

It's been a gimmick-fest.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Burkion posted:

[Deleted full version of Limit Break X Survivor]

gently caress that's good

Even The Gods of Destruction Appear Puny

I wonder if the new part where the lyrics go "This is the climactic fight scene!" will actually play over the climactic fight scene.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think the robot universe is gonna start to be a big pain in the rear end for everyone eventually so that might make for a good episode coming up

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mabels big day posted:

I think the robot universe is gonna get ragdolled by u7 so that might make for a good episode coming up

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJ8qzUyAEE
A cool video showing where the Blue Super Saiyans got their attacks from.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJ8qzUyAEE
A cool video showing where the Blue Super Saiyans got their attacks from.

The amount of reverence Arc System Works is treating DB with is amazing

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I agree. There's other videos on this guy's channel showing the other characters, and he superimposes some manga panels over the screen and they line up perfectly. It's insane.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spidder posted:

I wonder if the new part where the lyrics go "This is the climactic fight scene!" will actually play over the climactic fight scene.

Wonder if the part where he goes 100times kaioken will play when he goes 100 times kaioken too.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

video game art is better. i dont like how toriyama's characters have gotten skinnier and more cartoony over the years. its like self-parody

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Calibanibal posted:

video game art is better. i dont like how toriyama's characters have gotten skinnier and more cartoony over the years. its like self-parody

It's got more to do with saving animation budget and making the series easier to draw.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
buff swole-as-gently caress goku was cool though

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah but the manga looks like that too

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

or was toriyama pushed to match his art to the lazy animation studio? thats even worse

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I imagine it's more that Toriyama's style has changed. Manga/anime as a whole has shifted away from the giant buff beatdown men that was popular when Z was a thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kashuno posted:

I imagine it's more that Toriyama's style has changed. Manga/anime as a whole has shifted away from the giant buff beatdown men that was popular when Z was a thing

yes this is absolutely it

nobody's style stays the same for twenty years. look at anything toriyama has done recently.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

yeah but the manga looks like that too

toriyama isn't drawing the manga of super

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

haha, well that explains the degraded art!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
It would be cool if he did a Chrono Trigger show.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i was reading something about DB Fighterz and someone expressed genuine surprise it looks better than the anime

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

OB_Juan posted:

almost positive toriyama doesn't give a fuuuuck about chrono trigger and even if he did that's not his call to make

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Toriyama has probably forgotten he ever worked on something called Chrono Trigger.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Manatee Cannon posted:

toriyama isn't drawing the manga of super

He still does character designs.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

would it be worse than the SO2 show?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Toriyama has probably forgotten he ever worked on something called Chrono Trigger.

he probs gets a little bit of the residual goodness now and then even to this day from the android/ios versions i'd imagine so probably not.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Calibanibal posted:

:psyduck: People like the muscles-on-top-of-muscles-underneath-more-muscles look?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

khwarezm posted:

:psyduck: People like the muscles-on-top-of-muscles-underneath-more-muscles look?

You joke, but DBZ has inspired a whole generation of bodybuilders.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like Saiyan Saga Goku a lot but it's not a bad change

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Blockhouse posted:

almost positive toriyama doesn't give a fuuuuck about chrono trigger and even if he did that's not his call to make

Yeah, but still would be cool.

I like the u6 sayains. The look similar to, but distinct from the u7 type. I do wonder what u6 humans look like.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

khwarezm posted:

Hell yeah.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I guess people don't remember the time a plot point in this series was that being big and muscular doesn't make you a better fighter and can actually be a disadvantage.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ultra SuperSaiyan levels of hilariously buff were indeed a plotpoint, but I still like the regular bufness from DBZ, it fir the artsyle.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also earlier, in Dragon Ball, that was a frequent point that got brought up.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Augus posted:

I guess people don't remember the time a plot point in this series was that being big and muscular doesn't make you a better fighter and can actually be a disadvantage.

So that means all muscle is bad and noodle arms are best?

Heavyweights are the best fighters irl. That's just physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Heavyweights don't use magical energy to shoot laser beams.