Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rabbids cart tastes bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm not sure what could really be done on 3ds

My friend says that some of the bosses would just straight up not have their sprite load and you'd have to fight them somehow without knowing where they were. It's a really bad port.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Here's my argument for why you should give the Rabbids game a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_mT3FwDDc

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
ARMS trip report: still waiting on package. It was meant to be sent to me on Monday and now it's "in transit delayed" still with no estimated day for delivery.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
What's a game with good HD rumble?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Improbable Lobster posted:

Tumbleseed is usually the top of the list.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

1 2 switch, but don't buy 1 2 switch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Blaster Master Zero

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

MK8, but also 1,2 Switch (do not spend money on this game)

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Thumper.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Namco Museum, surprisingly enough.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Macaluso posted:

Here's my argument for why you should give the Rabbids game a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR_mT3FwDDc

Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie boss themes... how I've missed you. :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Folt The Bolt posted:

Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie boss themes... how I've missed you. :allears:
This is really good, did Kirkhope actually do the music because it sure sounds like him

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is really good, did Kirkhope actually do the music because it sure sounds like him

It is, and it's wonderful!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
If Waluigi is playable in Mario + Rabbids I don't care how many Rabbids are in it, I'm buying it. I know there's a Waluigi and Wario Rabbid boss fight, but is my boy Waluigi playable?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
If you were worrying that your worlds in the Wii U edition Minecraft were doomed to be marooned in that dead console, worry no more: today's patch notes revealed that you can transfer them to the Switch edition.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Picked up Mario Rabbids at Target and they're giving away a pretty cool Rabbid foam shooter toy for free with it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I wanna say Best Buy is also giving away a hat? I am holding out for reviews on the game, though, because I've never played an Xcom title.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Morby posted:

I wanna say Best Buy is also giving away a hat? I am holding out for reviews on the game, though, because I've never played an Xcom title.

All the reviews are out and they're all saying it's good. It's a great starting point for newbies to tactical turn based games apparently. I always wanted to try an XCOM but they seem a little intimidating so this seems perfect for me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RE tactical turn-based games

Should I play Mario Rabbids or should I play Fire Emblem Echoes? I have played multiple Fire Emblems and zero XCOMs.

I realize that asking this question in the Switch thread might perhaps be kinda dumb because one of those is a Switch game and one isn't but still

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Dizz posted:

ARMS trip report: still waiting on package. It was meant to be sent to me on Monday and now it's "in transit delayed" still with no estimated day for delivery.

If this is from Amazon mail them every day it's late and they'll probably do something for you, I've got second copies of games this way

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

loquacius posted:

Should I play Mario Rabbids or should I play Fire Emblem Echoes? I have played multiple Fire Emblems and zero XCOMs.

I realize that asking this question in the Switch thread might perhaps be kinda dumb because one of those is a Switch game and one isn't but still

Mario Rabbids, I have both and Echoes is fine.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

loquacius posted:

Have you actually looked into Echoes? I've played and completed every english released Fire Emblem starting from the DS/Gamecube and Echoes is my least favorite by a large margin, to the point I quit like 15 hours in.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Miiverse was the only form of social media that I enjoyed using. It worked so well because the posts were sorted based on the game they were about, so you could expect your post to be read by people who know what the game is and who share your interest in it. No Facebook problem of having to explain a high-context joke to your mom, no Twitter problem of putting your video games shitposts alongside your politics shitposts.

:yeah:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

katkillad2 posted:

Have you actually looked into Echoes? I've played and completed every english released Fire Emblem starting from the DS/Gamecube and Echoes is my least favorite by a large margin, to the point I quit like 15 hours in.

Echoes is the most unusually designed FE game, and we're talking about a series where you play matchmaker in order to produce optimal time travel babies.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Dizz posted:

Was it passing near Texas? That seems to have slowed things down.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

I glanced through the OP of the thread back when there was one and it mentioned that several game mechanics are different than usual, although I don't really remember how. Did they Ruin Everything?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rexroom posted:

Apparently Nintendo Europe didn't get the memo and just released a compilation video of Nindies games coming to the Switch.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/902531295393103877

"This is the best time to be playing video games."
- Vinny Caravella

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

does anyone know what kind ofb charger the pro controllers use? I seem to have lost mine

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

USB c

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

So any usb c cable should be good? I'm seeing a two for one lightning sale on Amazon that I might just jump on if that's the case

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

So any usb c cable should be good? I'm seeing a two for one lightning sale on Amazon that I might just jump on if that's the case

Yes, IF it's a USB type A->type C cable. Type C<->type C cables need special chips to control voltage that aren't always built into cheap Chinese cables. If those chips are left out things can go 'splody.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Zelder posted:

Well, the one that came with my phone just cooked it to death, so don't use that one.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Someone save me from a housefire and tell me if this: USB Type C Cable, Snowkids USB C Cable (USB 3.0) (2-PACK 6.6ft) Nylon Braided Fast Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Google Pixel, LG V30 G6 V20, Nintendo Switch,New Macbook (Grey) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5KL10L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JFDPzbATEAVS3

Is what I'm looking for. I'm dumber than dirt, lower than a dog, and I don't wanna melt all my poo poo

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Well, the one that came with my phone just cooked it to death, so don't use that one.

Wait now I'm confused, I thought A->C were safe. Like, I literally have my Pro Controller plugged into one right now. And my phone.

*runs around unplugging everything*

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zelder posted:

Someone save me from a housefire and tell me if this: USB Type C Cable, Snowkids USB C Cable (USB 3.0) (2-PACK 6.6ft) Nylon Braided Fast Charger for Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S8 Plus, Google Pixel, LG V30 G6 V20, Nintendo Switch,New Macbook (Grey) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5KL10L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JFDPzbATEAVS3

Is what I'm looking for. I'm dumber than dirt, lower than a dog, and I don't wanna melt all my poo poo
There's a Google dude that reviews USB-C cables and chargers for compliance, this is his list of recommended cables on Amazon that won't blow your poo poo up https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/IOGWYK5NXWAE

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Just buy all your cables from Anker or Monoprice. They're already cheap enough, don't cheap out even more than that.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

homeless snail posted:

There's a Google dude that reviews USB-C cables and chargers for compliance, this is his list of recommended cables on Amazon that won't blow your poo poo up https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/IOGWYK5NXWAE

This link should be in the OP of every thread about a device which uses USB C

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Yer a peach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboFrance_29
Jul 15, 2010

GET EQUIPPED
I'm pretty sure A -> C cables are safe, there's only one power rail coming out of A

• Locked thread