Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah I think I am still comfortable voting bif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mayor Glowku posted:

So let's kill Fisk and sort it all out then

Are you seriously advocating lynching someone not on my list.....

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The fact that I can not seem to get a wagon rolling on Anidav should be proof enough that he is scum.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Bifauxnen posted:

The fact that I can not seem to get a wagon rolling on Anidav should be proof enough that he is scum.

Haha what. You try to wagon me every game. Your action is common and meaningless.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Haha what. You try to wagon me every game. Your action is common and meaningless.

You need to die

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

CapitalistPig posted:

Are you seriously advocating lynching someone not on my list.....

It was a joke I'm 100% for lynching bif

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav what did you do last night

For the record, I did nothing and visited no one last night.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

This is a BAD post.

HEY GUYS WHY NO ONE WANNA LYNCH? THEY MUST BE SCUM LOL

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Look just because the pressure is on you and your magic baby doesn't mean you have to cling on to me because you know i have a limited amount of time to try and defend myself.

Look at me I woke up during a snowball on myself.

Oh by the way I may have been bus driven

Oh Anidav is on that list hey guys look over here. Not at me, over here.

I'm not sure if I should be in the list or not maybe my action counts as a visit but your circumstances are far weirder with multiple layers to almost ensure you could live multiple days.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lynch bif tomorrow maybe

##vote anidav, sure.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

YOU ALL MUST SUFFER WITH ME

Anidav posted:

Memes aside. Why are we all posting music and possibly signalling our first choices?

I doubt it would lead to people guessing powers but it seems counter-productive and pointless.

Also where is Infinitum? He usually has 20 posts by now and it's unlike him to miss the shitposting season. :shrug:

Anidav posted:

Wew I'm starting a new job tomorrow I dont know how I'm gonna keep up when Monday happens :S

Anyway, postcounts seem kind of low which is weird because we've had basically a day zero to shitpost and pad our numbers with faeces.

Infinitum and b-minus1 will probably be modkilled.

Weird amount of players below 20 posts given the game had a night zero which was basically a shitposting season of jokes and music.

Okay so lets say there's six or seven scum, how many of them do you think are active posters? I think the below 20 club here is a decent stab for day one given that the playercount is much higher than usual so rather than town suspecting that the a singular lurker in a pool of lurkers could be inactive scum we might be looking at two or even three scum in a below 20 posts pool. for example.

See, to add to this, a team of 6 to 7 scum I would reckon a decent chunk of them will be nocturnal unless they are required to interact with the thread, atleast on a basic level. Basic thread interaction can and probably will in most cases equal a lower post count because the highly active posters bounce posts off one another in a game of tennis until they decide to lynch eachother.

I think given how high the amount of players is, a spray and pray on day 1 might actually be more effective than usual.

Anidav posted:

I disagree with your light concern and head trauma and will continue my efforts to find a reasonable conclusion to day 1.

Anidav posted:

I think it's too early to determine anyone is scummier over another. Taking a cluster of posters however and taking an action on them on day 1 version 2 means that such assumptions like lurker scum are less of a concern in the later days.

By day 3 or 4 one of two things usually happens

1. town lynches a lurker and finds nothing
2. town lynches a high post count player and finds nothing

By removing option 1 early, town can easily examine the higher post count players without the lazily convenient scapegoat of "yeah but this guy hasn't posted much since day 2, can we lynch this guy?"

or a bunch of lurkers reviving to say:

"this high post count player is trying to direct the conversation, this is clearly a scum move!"

Both situations appear to recently lead to town death which I want to avoid.

If we take a higher scum count into account then the setup could be:

a scumdoc of 6 or 7
two scumdocs of 3 OR
two scumdocs of 3 and a lone wolf

OR

Six or Seven lone wolves.

3 out of the 4 possibilities will lead to, hopefully scum nightkilling or lynching eachother while the remaining possibility makes the chance of low post count scum higher because I would imagine it to be difficult to co-ordinate a scumdoc of 6 or 7 to post actively and plan actively.

So if we test the theory that there is a scumdoc of 6 or 7 early then that will dwindle the insignificant scum players effectively giving town the chance to examine the other possibilities of setup, while if the theory is invalidated by not finding scum withing a cluster of low posters then one of the other theories of setup will eventually prove themselves as scum may simply lynch or nightkill themselves.

Anidav posted:

I have concerns about my lack of spare time next week so I'm trying to win the game early.

Anidav posted:

Trust me, we can win this.

Anidav posted:

Yes, kill the lurkers now. :orks101:

Anidav posted:

Like legit though, can't we all just follow Anidav for once?

Anidav posted:

Tired Moritz understood my post :kiddo:

Anidav posted:

Which reads are worth our attention because I haven't really seen that much yet.

Anidav posted:

Tldr scum are more likely to be lazy when there is a high player count because the probability of thread pressure being put on them as an individual decreases as players increase.

Anidav posted:

I made a graph.

Anidav posted:

I think I will miss the deadline because of work :bang:

Should I just vote now?

Anidav posted:

gently caress it I agree with Lid. ##vote CapitalistPig

Good night, good morning and probably good afternoon. Sorry if I'm wrong!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gif Probst is a modified bus driver. It is mod confirmed in my pm.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

tithin posted:

Anidav what did you do last night

For the record, I did nothing and visited no one last night.

I get a power up like a shmup ship per destroyed player.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Gif Probst is a modified bus driver. It is mod confirmed in my pm.

"Modified" how?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Yes and he felt the need to claim this for absolutely no reason except to prove ~how useful his role is to the town~~~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

to be clear, bif has all the attention now. We can investigate, track, etc and figure out what she is without lynching her six ways from sunday

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

"Modified" how?

He has to include himself.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

to be clear, bif has all the attention now. We can investigate, track, etc and figure out what she is without lynching her six ways from sunday

"let's keep this 80% scummy player alive to watch for science"

Lol.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

So you're claiming you did nothing last night, and the lack of action powered up your base ability?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Bifauxnen posted:

"Modified" how?

the bus has spinning rims on all of the tires

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anidav posted:

"let's keep this 80% scummy player alive to watch for science"

Lol.

gently caress off, idiot

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I got an ability from Flam being lynched but I'm not sure if alignment has anything to do with the strength of the power and I'm not sure if it counts as visiting Flam corpse which seems odd.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I don't think I've been to any games where you can visit dead people

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

I don't think I've been to any games where you can visit dead people

Shine IV had one.

You should really read that game in its entirety before you ever think of calling me Betsy again.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Boy it sure will be interesting when Probst shows up to weigh in on his night action, hey

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

does anyone have a dayvig for him

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I still don't get how any of it makes you town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Look just because the pressure is on you and your magic baby doesn't mean you have to cling on to me because you know i have a limited amount of time to try and defend myself.

Look at me I woke up during a snowball on myself.

Oh by the way I may have been bus driven

Oh Anidav is on that list hey guys look over here. Not at me, over here.

I'm not sure if I should be in the list or not maybe my action counts as a visit but your circumstances are far weirder with multiple layers to almost ensure you could live multiple days.

You are still mixing up CPigs list with dipj's watch claim, come back when you have any clue about the loving gamestate

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

bif if you're scum can you kill me tonight please

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't understand why this doesn't apply to both players under suspicion? I could say Anidav will be under massive scrutiny tonight so we shouldn't kill him.

The big claim currently is that there was a bus drive on Hal that means that his scum result on Bif is wrong.

Plausible of course, this is role madness, anything could have happened.

But I'm currently failing to see play from Anidav that's so scummy as to ignore the claim from Hal.

I'm going to run a full update for all the claims flying around, but this is my position atm.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I don't understand why this doesn't apply to both players under suspicion? I could say Anidav will be under massive scrutiny tonight so we shouldn't kill him.

The big claim currently is that there was a bus drive on Hal that means that his scum result on Bif is wrong.

But I'm currently failing to see play from Anidav that's so scummy as to ignore the claim from Hal.

I'm going to run a full update for all the claims flying around, but this is my position atm.

anidav has been a loving waste itt

bif is the leading poster

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

anidav has been a loving waste itt

bif is the leading poster

That means nothing.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I have work now. Goodbye

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

bif if you're scum can you kill me tonight please

Would help ya out if I could mate

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anidav posted:

That means nothing.

like the sum of your posting itt

if we're going to kill somebody out of two candidates of equal scumminess and one is actually present and in any way worthwhile, choose the other

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A good scum is always present.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anidav posted:

A good scum is always present.

sorry youre shite at scum

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jonathan Fisk posted:

like the sum of your posting itt

if we're going to kill somebody out of two candidates of equal scumminess and one is actually present and in any way worthwhile, choose the other

Reasonable

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The busdrive was on me not Hal, to clarify.

And failing to see Anidav as scummy? Really? The waste of space stats talk? The loving graph?!

And you don't want to ignore Hal's claim, but you do want to ignore Fisk's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hmm yes the person who magically woke up during a snowball without external prompts is more useful.

Sorry for working and sleeping.

• Locked thread