Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
I don't get the thinking behind the agitator. How is "a bronze card, but also three extra power" at all a decision to make. It can be a tutor for very specific dwarves or just be a guaranteed over value bronze with practically no downside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Electronico6 posted:

They're both CDPR guys, Burza is the communiy manager or something. He spent the last days organising their booth and tourney at Gamescon so he did look a bit beat.

Farseer - SCO, Bronze, 8 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Elf, Mage.
If any Ally or Unit in your Hand or Deck is Boosted during your turn, Boost self by 2 at the end of the turn.

Sage - SCO, Bronze, 3 Strength, Siege, Loyal, Elf, Mage.
Resurrect a Bronze Alchemy or Spell card.

Mahakam Pyrotechnician - SCO, Bronze, 5 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Dwarf, Support.
Deploy: Damage a random Unit on each Row on the other side by 3.

Mahakam Marauder - SCO, Bronze, 8 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Soldier, Dwarf.
Whenever this Unit is Boosted, Damaged, Strengthened or Weakened, Boost it by 2.

Dwarven Agitator - SCO, Bronze, 3 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Dwarf.
Deploy: Spawn a Base Copy of a random different Bronze Dwarf in your Deck.

ty sir.

dwarf units looked real good as usual

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Magic Underwear posted:

I don't get the thinking behind the agitator. How is "a bronze card, but also three extra power" at all a decision to make. It can be a tutor for very specific dwarves or just be a guaranteed over value bronze with practically no downside.

The risk of just copying another agitator? It's an interesting card on when and how to play it, what dorfs you include and how to mulligan them. Like everybody is thinking of Defenders, but it's copying those Marauders that are the real dream.

Anyway here are the other factions new cards

Nilfgaard:

Alba Armored Cavalry - NIL, Bronze, 3 Strength, Agile, Loyal , Soldier.
Deploy: Look at the top 3 Units in your opponent's Deck. Choose 1 and Boost self by its Power.

Assassin - NIL, Bronze, 1 Strength, Agile, Disloyal, Agent.
Deploy: Damage the Unit to the left by its base Power (but by no more than 10).

Nilfgaardian Standard Bearer - NIL, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Soldier, Support.
Whenever you play a Soldier from your Hand, Boost an Ally by 3. Deploy: Boost an Ally by 2.

Magne Division - NIL, Bronze, 8 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Soldier.
Deploy: If neither player has passed, Draw the top card from your Deck and create a base copy of the top Bronze unit in your opponent's Deck that then they draw immediately.

Infiltrator - NIL, Bronze, 9 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Soldier.
Toggle another unit's spying status.

The Armoured Cavalry is really cool, the Magne Division is weird but offers some weird deck building around mill and steffan.

Northern Realms:

Ban Ard Tutor - NOR, Bronze, 9 Strength, Siege, Loyal, Mage, Kaedwen
Deploy: You may Mulligan a card in your Hand, but choose a Bronze Spell or Alchemy card from your Deck to replace it. Then shuffle your Deck.

Poor Flanking Infantry
- NOR, Bronze, 6 Strength, Melee, Loyal, Soldier, Temeria.
Deploy: Spawn a Left Flanking Infantry (2 Strength, Melee, Doomed, Soldier.) to the left of this unit and Right Flanking Infantry (2 Strength, Melee, Doomed, Soldier.) to the left of this unit.

Witch Hunter - NOR, Bronze, 3 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Soldier, Redania.
Reset a Unit. If it's a Mage, play another Witch Hunter from your Deck.

Temerian Drummer - NOR, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Support, Temeria.
Every turn, at the start of your turn Boost a random other Unit by 1.

Battering Ram - NOR, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Machine.
Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 3. If it was Destroyed, Damage another Enemy by 2. Fresh Crew: Increase the initial Damage by 1.

Tutor for Sile combos, and big deck support, there's some other NR units that also mulligan a card and tutor for a specific tag, so SuperJJ can bring his 40 sized deck for the next tournament and not have a mulligan minefield on his deciding matches.

Witch Hunter is some nice flavour but how many do you run, and how likely you are to trigger the effect?

Skellige

Clan Drummond Warmonger - SKE, Bronze, 6 Strength, Ranged, Drummond, Soldier, Loyal.
Veteran: 1.
Deploy: Discard up to 1 Bronze card from your deck.

Clan an Craite Greatsword
- SKE, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, an Craite, Soldier, Loyal.
Every 2 turns, at the start of your turn, if this Unit is Damaged, Reset it and Strengthen it by 2.

Whale Harpooner - SKE, Bronze, 8 Strength, Agile, Loyal, an Craite, Machine.
Deploy: Move an Enemy to this Row on its side and Damage it by the number of other Units on that row,

Clan Tuirseach Veteran - SKE, Bronze, 6 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Tuirseach, Soldier.
Veteran: 1. Deploy: Trigger all your different Tuirseach Units' Veteran abilities, wherever they are.

Herbalist - SKE, Bronze, 1 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Support.
Doomed. Deploy: Play a card from any chosen from any Bronze Organic cards and Torrential Rain cards in your Deck.

During the stream they were pretty sure that Greatsword didn't need regressing due to the timer, but I dunno. I think the dude on Reddit copied Herbalist's ability wrong. She's a tutor but for rain and stuff like Bear Roar and lacerate. Whale Harpoon and Veteran exist to give support to Axemen who got their veteran tag back, but only get buffed when a unit his damaged on the opposite row. It's neat, but the Harpoon art is annoying as gently caress, they never fire the loving harpoon!

Monsters

Wild Hunt Longship - MON, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Wild Hunt, Machine.
While this Unit is on the Board, Boost all other Wild Hunt Allies by 1. When it is Destroyed or Locked, Damage all other Wild Hunt Allies by 1.

Cyclops - MON, Bronze, 7 Strength, Siege, Loyal, Ogroid
Destroy an Ally and Damage an Enemy by the Destroyed Ally's Power. If the Destroyed Ally had the Deathwish, Strengthen self by 3.

Cockatrice - MON, Bronze, 6 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Draconid
Whenever an Ally with a Deathwish appears (incl. Golds), Boost self by 2.
Deploy: Boost self by 2 for each Ally with a Deathwish (incl. Golds).

Archespore - MON, Bronze, 5 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Cursed.
Every turn, at the start of your turn, move this Unit to a random row on its side, Damage a random Enemy by 1 and Reset self. Deathwish: Damage a random Enemy by 4.

Rotfiend - MON, Bronze, 8 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Necrophage.
Deathwish: Damage all units on the opposite row by 2.

Monsters killing monsters. That's a witcher's job!

Neutrals:

Vesemir - NEU, Gold, 6 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Witcher
Play a Bronze or Silver Alchemy card from your Deck. Shuffle the others back.

Eskel - NEU, Gold, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Witcher.
Deploy: Destroy a Bronze or Silver Unit that is not Boosted.

Lambert - NEU, 7 Strength, Agile, Gold, Witcher, Loyal.
Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 5 and damage up to 4 copies of it by on its side by 4.

Dorregaray - NEU, Silver, 2 Strength, Siege, Loyal, Mage
Deploy: Spawn a Savage Bear, Wyvern, Ekimmara or Drowner.

Artefact Compression - NEU, Silver, Special, Spell.
Transform a Bronze or Silver Unit into a Jade Figurine. Jade Figurine: 2 Strength, Agile. No Ability.

Pretty decent set of tech cards overall. During the stream the dev said that Vesemir will get a lot love in the next big batch of cards.

Some intersting changes

Draug - Power changed from 7 to 9. Deploy: Spawn a Draugir on a random row on the side of each player with at least one Bronze or Silver card in their Graveyard. Added Officer Tag.
Draugir: 1 Strength, Agile, Token, Doomed. Stubborn, Soldier, Specter. Banish a Bronze or Silver card from this side's Graveyard. If it's a Unit, copy its Power as base Power. If it's a Special card, Strengthen self by 4.

This is kinda neat.

Celeano Harpy - Power changed from 3 to 5. Harpy Egg: Will Boost its Consumer by 4 (instead of 5). Deatwish: Spawn a Harpy Hatchling on a random row. Harpy Hatchling: 1 Strength, Token, No Ability.

Okay.

Foglets now only spawn 1 per fog effect. They got buffed to 4.

This one is probably the more interesting one

King Bran - Power changed from 4 to 2. Added Tuirseach Tag. Veteran: 1.

He still has the discard ability, and he gets buffed from the Tuirseach veteran. A lot of other tiny changes to discard, and the new Warmonger will probably shake up on how discard is played and it's composition.

Changes like

Clan Dimun Pirate Captain - Power changed from 5 to 4. Every turn, at the start of your turn, if this unit is in your Hand or Deck, Reset it and Boost it by the base Power of the highest Bronze Unit Discarded to your Graveyard during your turn. Added Dimun and Officer Tags.

Uh.

Donar an Hindar - Added Heymaey and Officer Tags. Power changed from 6 to 8. Deploy: Toggle a Unit's lock. Move a Bronze unit from Enemy Graveyard to your Graveyard.

Kinda nasty honestly.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 28, 2017

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Man, those cards are definitely some huge power creep. Even with the Resilience changes, Spelldorfs (well, Alchemydorfs now, I guess) is going to be rather overpowered, I'd think. Couple Marauders and Farseers on the board and now every Thunderbolt potion is a 17+ point play (oh yeah, and you can now have six of 'em thanks to the Sage, three of which include a 3-point body for a sweet 20 point swing from one bronze card...).

Also, the Mahakam Marauder is technically an infinite boosting loop, which, given the rest of the power creep, I assume is a feature, not a bug. :v: Seriously, though, is it really 8 point base strength? That's loving ridiculous; can't even Thunder the bastard away before he starts growing. And the Farseer is almost as bad.

And yeah, what the gently caress is up with Agitator? That'd work as a silver, maybe; as a bronze, it's kind of ridiculous. With the right deck builds, it's basically "run six copies of a powerful bronze dwarf and give half of 'em even more tempo".

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The game was feeling pretty stale due to the length between patches, but this feels like 2-3 patches worth of changes all rolling out at once. It's practically a whole new game with all these units and changes.

edit: wow Lambert is nuts. He's basically death to Queensguard. Like they needed another counter :(

Subvisual Haze fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 29, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

dennyk posted:

Man, those cards are definitely some huge power creep. Even with the Resilience changes, Spelldorfs (well, Alchemydorfs now, I guess) is going to be rather overpowered, I'd think. Couple Marauders and Farseers on the board and now every Thunderbolt potion is a 17+ point play (oh yeah, and you can now have six of 'em thanks to the Sage, three of which include a 3-point body for a sweet 20 point swing from one bronze card...).

Also, the Mahakam Marauder is technically an infinite boosting loop, which, given the rest of the power creep, I assume is a feature, not a bug. :v: Seriously, though, is it really 8 point base strength? That's loving ridiculous; can't even Thunder the bastard away before he starts growing. And the Farseer is almost as bad.

And yeah, what the gently caress is up with Agitator? That'd work as a silver, maybe; as a bronze, it's kind of ridiculous. With the right deck builds, it's basically "run six copies of a powerful bronze dwarf and give half of 'em even more tempo".

That's very nice. I heard that those farseers and sages are all mages, nice that you buffed them all, so I can reset all your board with my witch hunters. :v:

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Electronico6 posted:

The risk of just copying another agitator? It's an interesting card on when and how to play it, what dorfs you include and how to mulligan them. Like everybody is thinking of Defenders, but it's copying those Marauders that are the real dream.

Well it says "different bronze dwarf" so you can't loop it like that. You just play it when you would play any bronze. It even provides a body to buff so you can't whiff with the guys that buff. It's literally just bronze+3 with the easiest, least disruptive deckbuilding requirement in the world. Possibly the purest manifestation of power creep you can imagine.

New foglets are really interesting, they're inverse wild hunt hounds but almost strictly better (and I think WHH got nerfed to 3 now, to add insult to injury). New foglets aren't row locked, can't whiff like WHH, and get summoned by woodland spirit and dagon.

Overall I think this will be a really good patch IF and only if they rein the power creep. What they showed shows a major change in what bronze value should be. I'll be very concerned if the values they showed went live.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

I watched only a minute or so of the developer stream, but I already feel bad for Burza. That's the look and organized thought process of a man running on 2 hours of sleep and the fumes of coffee.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Definitely concerned about the power creep. I'm glad that spygaard got some love, but I'm worried it will just outshine the other archetypes.

I was really enjoying Dashgaard, too. It's probably dead now though.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Magic Underwear posted:

Well it says "different bronze dwarf" so you can't loop it like that. You just play it when you would play any bronze. It even provides a body to buff so you can't whiff with the guys that buff. It's literally just bronze+3 with the easiest, least disruptive deckbuilding requirement in the world. Possibly the purest manifestation of power creep you can imagine.

New foglets are really interesting, they're inverse wild hunt hounds but almost strictly better (and I think WHH got nerfed to 3 now, to add insult to injury). New foglets aren't row locked, can't whiff like WHH, and get summoned by woodland spirit and dagon.

Overall I think this will be a really good patch IF and only if they rein the power creep. What they showed shows a major change in what bronze value should be. I'll be very concerned if the values they showed went live.

Dennyk was talking about combing it all with Farseers on board too.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

CDPR forgot to put something very important on Assassination tooltip.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriangularSilkyMonitorPanicBasket

:eyepop:

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

Electronico6 posted:

CDPR forgot to put something very important on Assassination tooltip.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriangularSilkyMonitorPanicBasket

:eyepop:

Watching Merchant's stream, my only thought so far is "Goddammit loving monsters weather again"

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Huh patch out.

CDPR is so weird about this things, why have a PTR if you just going to relesse the patch 2 hours later? :psyduck:

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
So there are no new cards this patch? Is that only for the story expansion? Should I keep saving my 54 kegs?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Theres new cards, I opened a few of them like Whale Harpooner and Rotfiend. The starter pack is quite nice. 400 Powder and 10 kegs for £3.99. E: AND you get a movie gold card!

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 29, 2017

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Draynar posted:

So there are no new cards this patch? Is that only for the story expansion? Should I keep saving my 54 kegs?

There are 30 new cards. 5 new rare bronzes for each faction, 2 new silvers and 3 new Golds. So go ahead and open all those kegs, the next big batch of cards will likely only come at the end of this new season in two months time.

Campaign cards will be via purchase of the campaign itself.

Flipswitch posted:

Theres new cards, I opened a few of them like Whale Harpooner and Rotfiend. The starter pack is quite nice. 400 Powder and 10 kegs for £3.99. E: AND you get a movie gold card!

And a choice for one Premium legendary out of three.

didn't see edit

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah it's a good shout, I'm starting to trawl through the changes and quite excited to play. One of the ranked rewards is the unscarred Iorveth avatar too.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Anyone have good link of what the new cards do? Stuck at work but wana see.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Electronico6 posted:

Anyway here are the other factions new cards

Nilfgaard:

Alba Armored Cavalry - NIL, Bronze, 3 Strength, Agile, Loyal , Soldier.
Deploy: Look at the top 3 Units in your opponent's Deck. Choose 1 and Boost self by its Power.

Assassin - NIL, Bronze, 1 Strength, Agile, Disloyal, Agent.
Deploy: Damage the Unit to the left by its base Power (but by no more than 10).

Nilfgaardian Standard Bearer - NIL, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Soldier, Support.
Whenever you play a Soldier from your Hand, Boost an Ally by 3. Deploy: Boost an Ally by 2.

Magne Division - NIL, Bronze, 8 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Soldier.
Deploy: If neither player has passed, Draw the top card from your Deck and create a base copy of the top Bronze unit in your opponent's Deck that then they draw immediately.

Infiltrator - NIL, Bronze, 9 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Soldier.
Toggle another unit's spying status.

The Armoured Cavalry is really cool, the Magne Division is weird but offers some weird deck building around mill and steffan.

Northern Realms:

Ban Ard Tutor - NOR, Bronze, 9 Strength, Siege, Loyal, Mage, Kaedwen
Deploy: You may Mulligan a card in your Hand, but choose a Bronze Spell or Alchemy card from your Deck to replace it. Then shuffle your Deck.

Poor Flanking Infantry
- NOR, Bronze, 6 Strength, Melee, Loyal, Soldier, Temeria.
Deploy: Spawn a Left Flanking Infantry (2 Strength, Melee, Doomed, Soldier.) to the left of this unit and Right Flanking Infantry (2 Strength, Melee, Doomed, Soldier.) to the left of this unit.

Witch Hunter - NOR, Bronze, 3 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Soldier, Redania.
Reset a Unit. If it's a Mage, play another Witch Hunter from your Deck.

Temerian Drummer - NOR, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Support, Temeria.
Every turn, at the start of your turn Boost a random other Unit by 1.

Battering Ram - NOR, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Machine.
Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 3. If it was Destroyed, Damage another Enemy by 2. Fresh Crew: Increase the initial Damage by 1.

Tutor for Sile combos, and big deck support, there's some other NR units that also mulligan a card and tutor for a specific tag, so SuperJJ can bring his 40 sized deck for the next tournament and not have a mulligan minefield on his deciding matches.

Witch Hunter is some nice flavour but how many do you run, and how likely you are to trigger the effect?

Skellige

Clan Drummond Warmonger - SKE, Bronze, 6 Strength, Ranged, Drummond, Soldier, Loyal.
Veteran: 1.
Deploy: Discard up to 1 Bronze card from your deck.

Clan an Craite Greatsword
- SKE, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, an Craite, Soldier, Loyal.
Every 2 turns, at the start of your turn, if this Unit is Damaged, Reset it and Strengthen it by 2.

Whale Harpooner - SKE, Bronze, 8 Strength, Agile, Loyal, an Craite, Machine.
Deploy: Move an Enemy to this Row on its side and Damage it by the number of other Units on that row,

Clan Tuirseach Veteran - SKE, Bronze, 6 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Tuirseach, Soldier.
Veteran: 1. Deploy: Trigger all your different Tuirseach Units' Veteran abilities, wherever they are.

Herbalist - SKE, Bronze, 1 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Support.
Doomed. Deploy: Play a card from any chosen from any Bronze Organic cards and Torrential Rain cards in your Deck.

During the stream they were pretty sure that Greatsword didn't need regressing due to the timer, but I dunno. I think the dude on Reddit copied Herbalist's ability wrong. She's a tutor but for rain and stuff like Bear Roar and lacerate. Whale Harpoon and Veteran exist to give support to Axemen who got their veteran tag back, but only get buffed when a unit his damaged on the opposite row. It's neat, but the Harpoon art is annoying as gently caress, they never fire the loving harpoon!

Monsters

Wild Hunt Longship - MON, Bronze, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Wild Hunt, Machine.
While this Unit is on the Board, Boost all other Wild Hunt Allies by 1. When it is Destroyed or Locked, Damage all other Wild Hunt Allies by 1.

Cyclops - MON, Bronze, 7 Strength, Siege, Loyal, Ogroid
Destroy an Ally and Damage an Enemy by the Destroyed Ally's Power. If the Destroyed Ally had the Deathwish, Strengthen self by 3.

Cockatrice - MON, Bronze, 6 Strength, Ranged, Loyal, Draconid
Whenever an Ally with a Deathwish appears (incl. Golds), Boost self by 2.
Deploy: Boost self by 2 for each Ally with a Deathwish (incl. Golds).

Archespore - MON, Bronze, 5 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Cursed.
Every turn, at the start of your turn, move this Unit to a random row on its side, Damage a random Enemy by 1 and Reset self. Deathwish: Damage a random Enemy by 4.

Rotfiend - MON, Bronze, 8 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Necrophage.
Deathwish: Damage all units on the opposite row by 2.

Monsters killing monsters. That's a witcher's job!

Neutrals:

Vesemir - NEU, Gold, 6 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Witcher
Play a Bronze or Silver Alchemy card from your Deck. Shuffle the others back.

Eskel - NEU, Gold, 7 Strength, Agile, Loyal, Witcher.
Deploy: Destroy a Bronze or Silver Unit that is not Boosted.

Lambert - NEU, 7 Strength, Agile, Gold, Witcher, Loyal.
Deploy: Damage an Enemy by 5 and damage up to 4 copies of it by on its side by 4.

Dorregaray - NEU, Silver, 2 Strength, Siege, Loyal, Mage
Deploy: Spawn a Savage Bear, Wyvern, Ekimmara or Drowner.

Artefact Compression - NEU, Silver, Special, Spell.
Transform a Bronze or Silver Unit into a Jade Figurine. Jade Figurine: 2 Strength, Agile. No Ability.

Pretty decent set of tech cards overall. During the stream the dev said that Vesemir will get a lot love in the next big batch of cards.

Some intersting changes

Draug - Power changed from 7 to 9. Deploy: Spawn a Draugir on a random row on the side of each player with at least one Bronze or Silver card in their Graveyard. Added Officer Tag.
Draugir: 1 Strength, Agile, Token, Doomed. Stubborn, Soldier, Specter. Banish a Bronze or Silver card from this side's Graveyard. If it's a Unit, copy its Power as base Power. If it's a Special card, Strengthen self by 4.

This is kinda neat.

Celeano Harpy - Power changed from 3 to 5. Harpy Egg: Will Boost its Consumer by 4 (instead of 5). Deatwish: Spawn a Harpy Hatchling on a random row. Harpy Hatchling: 1 Strength, Token, No Ability.

Okay.

Foglets now only spawn 1 per fog effect. They got buffed to 4.

This one is probably the more interesting one

King Bran - Power changed from 4 to 2. Added Tuirseach Tag. Veteran: 1.

He still has the discard ability, and he gets buffed from the Tuirseach veteran. A lot of other tiny changes to discard, and the new Warmonger will probably shake up on how discard is played and it's composition.

Changes like

Clan Dimun Pirate Captain - Power changed from 5 to 4. Every turn, at the start of your turn, if this unit is in your Hand or Deck, Reset it and Boost it by the base Power of the highest Bronze Unit Discarded to your Graveyard during your turn. Added Dimun and Officer Tags.

Uh.

Donar an Hindar - Added Heymaey and Officer Tags. Power changed from 6 to 8. Deploy: Toggle a Unit's lock. Move a Bronze unit from Enemy Graveyard to your Graveyard.

Kinda nasty honestly.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The power level seems high.

The very unique behavior of the devs of this game is that they are actually trying to remove variance from the game even if the players don't think it's a problem. One of the statements is that the devs didn't like that players who drew more golds had an advantage.

This is at odds with every other ccg I've seen, where the devs try to add as much variance to the game as possible without the players noticing (the devs of Eternal are the most brazen about this)

I'm expecting a narrowing of the power gap between bronzes/silvers/golds even more than it has existed in the past. I'm not certain this is a good idea, and it goes very much against the behavior of other devs, but Gwent is different, we'll see if it works.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Morenn (and maybe all ambush cards) now turn over at the end of a round even if they arent triggered. Kind of big for her

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Are golds targetable now like silvers and bronzes?

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

MarshyMcFly posted:

Are golds targetable now like silvers and bronzes?

Unless a card specifies that it can only affect bronzes/silvers/both everything will hit golds.

A lot of existing golds are going to be really lovely.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Just milled 34 blue stripes scouts, can anyone beat that.

edit: 39 reaver hunters

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
wow, I thought for sure the rewards for climbing ranked would be one time only. nope, another dozen free kegs and a thousand free scrap for anyone laddering!

CDPR is the best.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

I'm on vacation so I can't play for another two weeks (my friend is milling cards for me though.) Hopefully the meta will stabilize by then, but I'm a little freaked out by some of these changes. It seems like Dagon, Discard, and Dwarfs are all going to be amazing.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Duckbag posted:

I'm on vacation so I can't play for another two weeks (my friend is milling cards for me though.) Hopefully the meta will stabilize by then, but I'm a little freaked out by some of these changes. It seems like Dagon, Discard, and Dwarfs are all going to be amazing.

Dorfs are alright, the real ST powerhouses are mulligan and the return of Spelltael because CDPR though Defenders were fine and didn't merit a change while their Dsicard and Reveal counterparts did. If you thougth the weather version was bad, get ready for the 9 Earth Elementals on board from tremors version. :barf:

Though so far I'm happy that Spy Nilfgaard is playable again, and doesn't need to weird tempo or ciri dash nonsense to do cool stuff.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I had some good fun with deathwish monsters, archespores seem quite nasty! I dread when I get high enough rank to start meeting everyone playing mulligan elves and spellatael...

The combo of 'mulligan something and boost yourself by its strength' and 'boost all elves by one when played and mulliganed' and Francesca so you can fish out a specifc card definitely initally seems like it will become one of the new decks to beat.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Huh, they swapped the abilities of blue stripes scout and kaedweni sgt, got rid of trio abilities, and nerfed henselt so he can only summon kaedweni or machine allies. There goes my favourite MR strat. (Henselt on sgt to summon 3x and activate + boost blue stripes, triggering ves to cover). Going to have to totally relearn this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There was a Henselt nerf? It's like he's being nerfed out of habit at this point.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

No Wave posted:

There was a Henselt nerf? It's like he's being nerfed out of habit at this point.

Yep, he can only summon all copies of certain cards now (kaedweni, machine and I think support maybe?)

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
mulligan is insanely good and strong. I feel vindicated and supreme

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Haven't played in awhile and I saw my wild hunt frost deck got killed off so scrapped everything that was full value. I used the scrap and made a mulligan elf deck and wow is this thing strong with the new changes. Buffs flying all over the place and basically letting you pick what you want from your entire deck with Francesca.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

The new spellatel is actually good and fun and quite difficult without a tracker. I'm enjoying it despite random brainfarts.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

uhhhhhh why did they change Spotters, did I miss an OP reveal deck somewhere

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

frajaq posted:

I've seen a few pretty nasty reveal decks so far, old style full power spotters would have been pretty over the top.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

frajaq posted:

People on reddit made fun of their discard/mulligan/reveal design so they decided to do something better.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still holding on to my Gravelord strategy, it's unique and throws people off a bit but I do wish there was more support for non-discard stuff in Skellige cards. More Clan An Crait will be welcome, at least.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wow Menno got a probably deserved nerf but I love that card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I saw a calveit deck based around assassins that was pretty annoying to play vs, but also I had the bad luck of not having any buffed units. don't know if they are quite good enough against the buff spam scoiatael is now