Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This is a translation thing; Viz translation and the other scanlation clarify this a bit.

He literally says something to the effect of "for certain reasons, it's awkward" in Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Nah, he's Bi. That's why they call it "One For All."

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Brother Entropy posted:

unless i'm getting it mixed up w/a different tsuyu cosplayer i saw on my dashboard a while ago i'm pretty sure her eyes are closed and that's actually her top eyelid painted really convincingly

Huh. That'd make sense, but also mind=blown.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
too late all mights queer now we rubbed our gay faces all over him cant take it back

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
All Might is the symbol of justice he could be gay straight asexual whatever he's a true hero

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fabricated posted:

This is a translation thing; Viz translation and the other scanlation clarify this a bit.

He literally says something to the effect of "for certain reasons, it's awkward" in Japanese.
art is fake

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
It's now been injected into the public consciousness that All Might is gay, so now All Might being gay is canon.

Just like Aizawa and Present Mic

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
All Might can be whatever he wants but I doubt he had that kind of relationship with a sidekick

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

It's now been injected into the public consciousness that All Might is gay, so now All Might being gay is canon.

Just like Aizawa and Present Mic

Aizawa would never waste his precious time with relationships.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

All Might probably didn't have time for a relationship outside of being he interacted with professionally. He seems like a really lonely guy.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Aizawa would never waste his precious time with relationships.

Aizawa probably has a very normal wife who has some desk job somewhere and maybe a toddler aged daughter.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here are the official sexualities of all characters who matter:

All Might: Oneitis for Nana Shimura
Aizawa: Asexual because relationships require effort better spent sleeping
Bakugo's Mom: Horny for me specifically
Mineta: Incel
Others: Pure or unimportant.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Aizawa: Asexual because relationships require effort better spent sleeping
Bakugo's Mom: Horny for me specifically
Mineta: Incel
Others: Pure or unimportant.

🤔

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That would make All Might talking about Deku's Mom rather awkward.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can matter for bad reasons.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
All Might can't be gay because he's going to marry Deku's mom.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He can be bi if that's the case

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Shippers and related fandoms ruin everything.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Sarcophallus posted:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sarcophallus posted:

Fandoms are the grease that flows down the crevice of any given work, and once it collects into a large enough pool, it is invariably a slimy mess.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Sarcophallus posted:

People who ceaselessly bitch about fandoms ruining stuff are worse than the fandoms.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Prepare for incoming tumblr posts detailing the various gender identities and sexual orientations of every single character.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DrakePegasus posted:

Nah, he's Bi. That's why they call it "One For All."

Does that mean All For One is hardcore cis? Or asexual?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What was the tweet?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

What was the tweet?
A screencap of the All Might trivia section on the mha wikia saying "The author has said that he used a phrase that could also be translated as "we broke up" because All Might likes boys and girls"

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
E: late

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kuros posted:

Prepare for incoming tumblr posts detailing the various gender identities and sexual orientations of every single character.

:thunk:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kuros posted:

That poo poo has happened like 300,000 times already

TriffTshngo posted:

People who ceaselessly bitch about fandoms ruining stuff are worse than the fandoms.
I can pretty conclusively say that fandoms ruining stuff is way worse what with people who have gotten death threats over fanart in less chill fandoms than MHA's

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

TriffTshngo posted:

Found the shipper!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Y'all are epic

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's also fake. Neither the FA scans nor the Viz release translate it as "breaking up," merely that them meeting would be awkward. There is also subsequently no proof that Horikoshi ever said that.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RatHat posted:

Does that mean All For One is hardcore cis? Or asexual?

One For All means All Might is for everyone and so is pansexual.
All For One means everyone is for AfO and so is also pansexual but also kind of a lovely boyfriend because he's selfish.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Spiderdrake posted:

Fandoms are the grease that flows down the crevice of any given work, and once it collects into a large enough pool, it is invariably a slimy mess.

This is a very good way to describe it. Fandoms are good, they're necessary, but when they coagulate into a big gunk, poo poo tends to get broken.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I want Ochako to get really good at Kung-Fu

I don't know how she can combine that with her gravity powers to make a finisher though

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't know how she can combine that with her gravity powers to make a finisher though

Grab them with a throw, throw them up, then release.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
*One single character might be some shade of gay* PFFT get a load of these TUMBLR FANDOMS. what's next?????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheKingofSprings posted:

Holy poo poo, one inch punch. Ochako turns her back, walks away as her opponent drifts away into the skies.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

*One single character might be some shade of gay* PFFT get a load of these TUMBLR FANDOMS. what's next?????

You forget the people getting insanely defensive. Mistranslation they scream.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Depends on how exactly her power works. But ideally you punch their weightless selfs 100000 MPH in to the wall.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

My uncle works for The Author and he told me that there are secret phrases in each chapter that only have their true meaning if you translate them into English and do it the correct way which is only known to a specific fan group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kuros posted:

i'm waiting, when are they getting here