Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's all downhill from here boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can they get a twitter account instead

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

NRVNQSR posted:

It's only for the specific quests listed in the announcement.

Haha poo poo. I misread it. When I saw "1/2 off campaign commences" I thought it meant the singularities as the campaign.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
To many million more and quicker events/releases...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is that a good rate for DLs? JP had it's Gil banner for 3M didn't it? Apples and oranges I suppose though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Is that a good rate for DLs? JP had it's Gil banner for 3M didn't it? Apples and oranges I suppose though.

this game's dl count was never going to match jp's but this is still very good

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Does Tamamo Cat ever become not squishy? I want to use her, but can't find any reason to pick her over Lancelot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like in japan this game is bringing in 6 million dollars a day. not yen, dollars. and that's averaged out, so there's huge spikes every time there's a big event. this game being even 1/6th as successful as it is in japan would still be insanely successful and make sure it keeps running for as long as the jp version does.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

RanKizama posted:

Does Tamamo Cat ever become not squishy? I want to use her, but can't find any reason to pick her over Lancelot.

I couldn't find a use for her after I pulled lance either. Even at a lower level he was out performing her. Her heal on the NP doesn't seem worth it, especially when Lance gets the attack up, crit gather, and doesn't stun himself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tamacat has higher attack stat, a self-attack buff, and an interlude to further buff her np

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

tamacat has higher attack stat, a self-attack buff, and an interlude to further buff her np
Is that at max? Because my Lancelot seems to out-perform her in every conceivably way. His crit generation seems pretty solid as well which makes for additional fun after you've blasted everything with his NP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lancey's good and if you want to stick with him that's totally fair and his crit generation is way, way better and hes deffo. the better of the two just tamacat does have some things to herself

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Endorph posted:

lancey's good and if you want to stick with him that's totally fair and his crit generation is way, way better and hes deffo. the better of the two just tamacat does have some things to herself
My only gripe with TamaCat is that she dies so loving quick. She's usually lucky to make it past Round 2.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Round 2 of what? 40AP hands? I've got her at level 60 (70 as soon as I can get another chaos claw) and as long as she survives to get her NP off earlyish in Round 2 I usually don't have trouble keeping her alive unless she gets unlucky and focused down*. I give her a 60% NP CE and have Hans with a +NP Gain CE so between that and my Master heal and evade, she usually makes it. If I had a Kaleido she'd do even better.
* I admit I sometimes bitch out and force close and restart the game and throw up the evade master skill to prevent this.

Is she as good as Berserkerlot? I dunno, but she's my only Gold (shut up Lily) so she gets used. Honestly once I get her 3rd ascension that +18% Defense for 3 turns skill should really help ensuring she stays alive long enough to get her NP off.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 29, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

RanKizama posted:

My only gripe with TamaCat is that she dies so loving quick. She's usually lucky to make it past Round 2.

That's berserkers for you. My herc gets 1 rounded sometimes too if enemies decide to focus in and I don't pop Guts.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Is Monster Hunting new in NA or is that just something I missed?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's been there since release so probably missed.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

RanKizama posted:

Honestly that's my same gripe with Lancey as well, if anything pays even the slightest attention to him he dies.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Tama Cats NP hits really hard; she's been one of my favorites for wave clear. I use a combination of George and the evade master skill and she always makes it through the 40 AP for me.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Robviously posted:

Is Monster Hunting new in NA or is that just something I missed?

That's their name for the Wednesday/Thursday daily with the skill gems and materials, just like the mon/tue/sat/sun events are Duels or whatever.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RanKizama posted:

It's all just level curves. At level 80 Tamacat is defensively tougher than Lancelot in every way: She has a DEF up skill, a self-heal NP, and 11,458 HP. Lancelot has no defensive skills, a purely offensive NP, and 10,327 HP. The difference is that Lancelot gets most of his HP by level 50, whereas Tamacat doesn't catch up with him until the late 70s.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I only need 3 more stupid monuments to get her to 80. :argh:

But yeah, her Def up skill helps a lot as does throwing that Evade on if things look sketchy. Her NP tears through waves just great and the cheesy pissed off cat sound effect is just the best. (The healing it does is nice as well)

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

NRVNQSR posted:

It's all just level curves. At level 80 Tamacat is defensively tougher than Lancelot in every way: She has a DEF up skill, a self-heal NP, and 11,458 HP. Lancelot has no defensive skills, a purely offensive NP, and 10,327 HP. The difference is that Lancelot gets most of his HP by level 50, whereas Tamacat doesn't catch up with him until the late 70s.
This is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Tamacat is also a very good cook and makes meals with Emiya

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Tamacat is great and would have been my first 4th ascension if not for Berserker monuments being a pain in the rear end to grind for.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I just watched a vid of Leonidas soloing the hell out of Sir Tristan and now I'm even more hyped for...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3dZl3yfGpc

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Compendium posted:

Tamacat is also a very good cook and makes meals with Emiya

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

By the way, what is that food she's carrying, and what is written on it in sauce?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty sure it's an omelet.

No idea what's written on it with the ketchup though

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The first three characters is kana for 'Tamamo' but I have no idea about the second half.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

By the way, what is that food she's carrying, and what is written on it in sauce?

It's omurice, which is...well an omelet over rice. It's served with ketchup, in comics and stuff people are always writing lovey-dovey stuff with it.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I need this on a shirt

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Dr Pepper posted:

Pretty sure it's an omelet.

No idea what's written on it with the ketchup though
I think its supposed to be "nyan" which is the Japanese equivalent of "meow" but it looks more like an h than a y.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh huh, i think you're right. The "y" is upside down.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TamCat isn't THAT stupid though, is she?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
She seems mighty dumb to me. Dumb cat.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

TamCat isn't THAT stupid though, is she?

She's...a little loopy.

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Sub:Tamamo_Cat/Dialogue

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

She says woof even though she's a cat....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Plutonis posted:

She says woof even though she's a cat....

She's a fake cat.