Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Did you know? Quote is not edit! :doh:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Argas posted:

She's a fake cat.

Foxes are canines running feline software.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

a kitten posted:

Foxes are canines running feline software.

Technically Tamamo no Mae isn't even a fox but that's mostly splitting hairs at this point.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
What's everybody's issue with Saber Lily?

I find her quite serviceable considering how poor my luck with Golds are and she's currently my best character until I can ascend EMIYA, Medusa and Jing Ke to third Ascension (Which they have the items for, just not the levels.)

Plus she's adorable and my only Saberface. :3:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I find her quite serviceable considering how poor my luck with Golds are and she's currently my best character until I can ascend EMIYA, Medusa and Jing Ke to third Ascension (Which they have the items for, just not the levels.)

Her and Caesar are my only freakin Sabers.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

a kitten posted:

If it weren't for free 4* servant selection at the beginning of the game netting me Chevalier it'd probably be the same honestly.

The rest all just evade me.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

IIRC, it's just that for being a 4* servant, her stats are pretty low.
Sure, she does in a pinch, and hell, she was my go-to Saber until I pulled Nero and Altera, but, you can certainly do better

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Saber Lilly is usable. Basically any Servant in the game is. But Lilly has problems other Servants do not.

Their original plans were for Free Servants to not be comparable to Servants you roll. Thus, while Lilly has the cost of a 4 star, her stats are more comparable to a 3 star.

Her max attack is 7,726, by comparison Caesar's is 7,497.

She can be worked into a team. Her Journey of Flowers ability is, at max, a 20% NP gen buff, which is pretty good if you have an offensive Arts Servant.

Once the Saber Wars event happens and people can Max out her NP it does do decent damage, especially with her Mana Burst. Her NP will make decent filler then and heal her up to 5000 HP depending on overcharge.

After Lilly the developers decided that they were going to make Free Servants comparable to other 4 Stars, so she's kind of an anomaly.

a kitten posted:

:same:

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Aug 30, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also her 4* Status also screws her in another way - 3* Servants have theoretically 30 levels of Grailed stats to work with - Lily will only have 20 despite working on the same stat baseline as 3* Servants.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

As my defacto Saber of choice my frustration Faber is he needs Forbidden Pages, which you cannot get any of right now. Heck I got a few servants waiting on mats we can either not get at all or can barely get without expending thousands of AP.

I see people talking about having tons of mats in the Japanese version once in a while, is that because the drop rates becoming more generous eventually or just because grinding the shops during events gives lots of materials that have slowly been stockpiled?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I see people talking about having tons of mats in the Japanese version once in a while, is that because the drop rates becoming more generous eventually or just because grinding the shops during events gives lots of materials that have slowly been stockpiled?

It's both, I think.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Dr Pepper posted:

It's both, I think.

Personally, it's more events.

It's also because you eventually cross a threshold where you've got a lot of materials because you don't have the exp to level up your servants to use up your materials.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh, you can get the dango ce even after the event is over? thanks, I guess.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Tired Moritz posted:

oh, you can get the dango ce even after the event is over? thanks, I guess.

Moon Cell Automaton gets put into the general pool but I think this is one of the few if not the only cases where an event CE sticks around in the non-event gacha.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Heads up:

The Kintoki rateup will include another 5* Servant every day on rotation.

So if you really want Waver/Vlad/etc you have the chance to get absolutely nothing except Black Keys if you roll on the correct sate.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I already have Waver and Vlad but I'm really interested in this 5* etc.

What class is etc?

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Ehhh I only care about saber alter and it's bad enough to have Martha as the rateup at the same time. But I wouldn't have minded kintoki but I really don't want any of the other SSRs so that kind of blows for me.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Hate-Senpai posted:

What class is etc?

MOON CANCER :black101:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

cyxx posted:

Ehhh I only care about saber alter and it's bad enough to have Martha as the rateup at the same time. But I wouldn't have minded kintoki but I really don't want any of the other SSRs so that kind of blows for me.

3 days of the 2 weeks have Kintoki as the aole rateup if that's your jam.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

cyxx posted:

There are two days where Kintoki is alone as the SSR rateup.

(screenshot because I can't find a copy pasteable source and I'm not typing all that poo poo out, second week of rateups is just a repeat of the first)

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Oh sweet thanks guys. I didn't realize they updated the news page with the rate up info. Guess I'll be rolling for salter on kintoki only days!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nothing there to tempt me away from Tamamo.

Maybe a ticket or two.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Pureauthor posted:

Heads up:

So if you really want Waver/Vlad/etc you have the chance to get absolutely nothing except Black Keys if you roll on the correct sate.

who cares, no gilgameshu

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Dr Pepper posted:

Maybe a ticket or two.

:same:

The hoarding for the Fox continues.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Dr Pepper posted:

Maybe a ticket or two.

Same.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Just to confirm: A critndoes twice the damage and the total damage is then multiplied by 1 + critmod? Any additional effects?
And the rock paper scissor class system is also an actor 2?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tired Moritz posted:

who cares, no gilgameshu

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

genericnick posted:

Just to confirm: A critndoes twice the damage and the total damage is then multiplied by 1 + critmod? Any additional effects?
the class system is 1.5x, not 2x.

crits also double the the amounts of stars and np you gen. crit damage up doesn't further increase those effects, however.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
JP version is getting class-specific gachas for the next couple weeks.

http://view.fate-go.jp/2017/class2017_02/

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

genericnick posted:

Criticals also double your NP gain and add 20% to your star drop rate.

The RPS modifiers vary. Usually they're x2 or /2, but there are exceptions - most notably berzerkers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Criticals also double your NP gain and add 20% to your star drop rate.

The RPS modifiers vary. Usually they're x2 or /2, but there are exceptions - most notably berzerkers.

dang i was wrogn on both of those some pro i am

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Schubalts posted:

JP version is getting class-specific gachas for the next couple weeks.

http://view.fate-go.jp/2017/class2017_02/

Boooooo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

About as obvious a bait gacha as you could ask for.

Assassons are an Extra class. It is known.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Another bait gacha where i can get baited into not getting Nightingale

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Another bait gacha where i can get baited into not getting Nightingale

What do you even want her for? I find her really awkward to fit into teams.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's cool and her buster buff and healing stuff is actually pretty good. You need to use her as like a secondary support character, but if you can keep aggro off of her/keep her protected/swap her in for Buster memes then she's a very solid support. Her problems are more being Berserker makes her niche really weird, but she is actually pretty good.

Mind you the character herself is actually pretty funny and she's voiced by Sawashiro which helps a lot too.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

RanKizama posted:

Does Tamamo Cat ever become not squishy? I want to use her, but can't find any reason to pick her over Lancelot.
When you get the special CE made for her in halloween. Then she pretty immortal unless the enemy crits her.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

Heads up:

I kind of would like to try for Waver but this otherwise feels like a trap.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nate RFB posted:

Same. Waver is the only one I'm somewhat interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Nate RFB posted:

I'll probably do a single 10 pull on Waver day.