Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bybus Slago posted:

This times a million.

I like when I do this and spam this way a million times and instead they turn around and try to kill other people out of their range

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rainmaker is the only multiplayer game I play that makes me honest to God angry at all the people who don't know what the gently caress their doing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is what 90% of my games look like. I can't get out of A- and now knowing that the order is based on power ranking I'm extra mad because how have these knuckle dragging poo poo heads gotten to such higher ranks than me. I usually out kill the rest of my team combined + Ink the most ground and carry the rainmaker...there sonly so much one man can do against 4

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Godspeed to the dude trying to get to S rank by maining the Gootoober in Rainmaker. :patriot:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
3 kills 9 deaths yeah that's about right for the poo tuber.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

3 kills 9 deaths yeah that's about right for the poo tuber.

It's going to be weird if someone figures that gun out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Godspeed to the dude trying to get to S rank by maining the Gootoober in Rainmaker. :patriot:

I have to assume he's just getting to the OK bar and then trying again forever. Also Im calm now, my bar cracked...tomorrow is another day though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It's going to be weird if someone figures that gun out.

I don't think there's anything to figure out, its just bad. Storing your charge for a long time doesn't matter much when you can just exit and dip back into ink to restore it anyways. Meanwhile the reduced range and longer charge time hurt a lot.

The squiffer is what the goo tuber wants to be, which is weird considering the squiffer came first.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 30, 2017

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
You can also hold your charge forever with any other charge gun you just need to exist the ink after 2 seconds and then dive back in. You can move a big distance without losing charge this way.

EDIT: I have a perfect Ink Resist Main Hat with 3 Ink Resist subs if anyone wants to try to order that from me.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

My A- ranked experience so far is that aerosprays are suddenly really popular for some reason? There's like 1-2 per game. They actually do work some of the time unlike chargers which are an automatic loss still.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I'm such a Sloshing Machine and Splatling whore that my desire to play the game is murdered by the fact that they both have stingray.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Gorp posted:

I'm such a Sloshing Machine and Splatling whore that my desire to play the game is murdered by the fact that they both have stingray.

It's a shame Recon isn't in Splatoon 2, because you could do some nasty damage with the Stingray that way.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, the Goo Tuber's charge storing mechanic really doesn't do all that much for it, and the gun on its own is mediocre.

Meanwhile, the charge storing mechanic is a complete game changer for the Squiffer since you can re-position yourself very quickly in fire fights with a full charge.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

The Gorp posted:

There's another Sloshing that has... Splat Bomb rush? And point sensor.
Or you could just ignore the special and go w+m1 :getin:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think the dumbest thing about the stingray is that you can't put it away and are totally hosed if anyone comes near you during it. Once i just walked up to a guy and started taunting him while he had the stingray out because I knew he couldn't do anything about it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
On the flip side, I love how you can cancel out of the Inkjet by turning back into a squid. I love to juke the gently caress out of snipers who think they've got an easy shot on me and then pop right back up and blast them with the cannon.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

At least stingray can pop the rainmaker bubble pretty quick, and get snipers to move I guess, and point out where the enemies are hiding using the beam? It requires some nuance to use, you can grab some kills maybe; sometimes with it but when compared game changing specials like ink armor or tenta missles it really falls short, comically short. You don't even get a freaking crosshair to aim your shots.

quote:

Post your inklings!

My feelings on farming chunks after finishing my set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMPGb73bBxk&t=193s

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Pre-release footage for the Sting Ray hurts to watch. :smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I don't notice the difference. What did they change?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I don't notice the difference. What did they change?

It's significantly harder to steer the thing in the final release.

Doctor Zaius
Jul 30, 2010

I say.
Dangit, I really like the 18k aviators and I'm currently using a pair with last-ditch effort, but I just ordered a pair from my sqare that has main ink saver. Which one should I keep?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Does anyone have an Inkvader Cap with Bomb Defense Up?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Doctor Zaius posted:

Dangit, I really like the 18k aviators and I'm currently using a pair with last-ditch effort, but I just ordered a pair from my sqare that has main ink saver. Which one should I keep?

They both do the same thing in regards to ink management. However, LDE affects both main and subs and increases ink recovery, but can only be active during a certain period of time, or if the enemy team is nearly about to win. Ink Saver Main only affects your main weapon, but is active all the time.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

In Training posted:

Today I noticed that the reflection in your sunglasses on the results screen is different depending on which map you played on.

Also, the inklings in the windows during Off The Hook's welcome/intro is accurate to who is actually in your instance of Inkopolis Square.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Zeruel posted:

Or you could just ignore the special and go w+m1 :getin:

I just climbed from A- to A+ in splat zones and tower control by ignoring that I have a super.
It really works.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Ability drinks are supposed to make certain abilities easier to get while leveling gears, right? Well, I did just that, and I got just one piece what was supposed to be in the drink.

Random chances are such bullshit. Just gimme the stuff already!

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I just drink random poo poo so the rate you get gear xp is increased.
What the drink is doesn't matter because the effect doesn't do poo poo.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

In Training posted:

I have to assume he's just getting to the OK bar and then trying again forever. Also Im calm now, my bar cracked...tomorrow is another day though.

I went from S to A in Rainmaker one night, only consolation is that A ranks queue is super speedy at any time of the day

Rexroom posted:

Ability drinks are supposed to make certain abilities easier to get while leveling gears, right? Well, I did just that, and I got just one piece what was supposed to be in the drink.

Random chances are such bullshit. Just gimme the stuff already!

I think dataminers found out that the splatfest tee and like 6 other pieces of gear aren't affected no matter what type of drink. Drink tickets only work if they're used on a brand that doesn't favor them too. So if you used ink refill on a Tentatek piece of gear you just wasted a ticket. When it does work the chance is pretty low anyways but I've gotten lucky and have had all 3 slots on a gear roll the drink's ability

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Doctor Zaius posted:

If you want to improve your gear for ranked stuff don't use last ditch effort. You'll find most games end in KOs so your ability never pops. It's really only for turf war.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Boy, it sure is annoying when I'm running up in front of the one carrying the rainmaker, shooting a straight path up the pedestal, and they decide to help me out by just shooting constantly in front of me instead of, yknow, SWIMMING

My favorite is when you've killed the 3 enemies in front of the rainmaker carrier and paint a path into the enemy base spamming "This way!" all the while, then you see "We lost the Rainmaker!" and turn around to see that the carrier either did not move from the spot where you started painting, or has in fact moved backwards toward your own base.

I finally clawed my way to S rank, so I guess I'll see if people are any better at it now.

In Training posted:

A couple days ago I miraculously filled up my A+ bar without a single loss, and had one win to go in order to rank up... then had like 8 of the most offensively lovely teams on the planet in a row and cracked the bar.
But yesterday I managed to get there finally, I'm equal parts relieved and terrified to be at S rank now. Keep hope alive.

JackDarko posted:

You can also hold your charge forever with any other charge gun you just need to exist the ink after 2 seconds and then dive back in. You can move a big distance without losing charge this way.

EDIT: I have a perfect Ink Resist Main Hat with 3 Ink Resist subs if anyone wants to try to order that from me.

Is Ink Resist worth it in this game? I remember it was almost essential in Splatoon 1 until they nerfed it so far as to almost be negligible.

raditts fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 30, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That looks like what it's like trying to avoid that poo poo when a Stinger uses it in Salmon Run.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

If you want to improve your gear for ranked stuff don't use last ditch effort. You'll find most games end in KOs so your ability never pops. It's really only for turf war.

That said, Last Ditch Effort is really a top tier Turf War perk, since the last 30 seconds are all that really matters unless it's an absolute stomp.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hell yes give me that takoroka windbreaker that poo poo owns

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

I thought last ditch effort works differently in objective game modes

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Hell yes give me that takoroka windbreaker that poo poo owns

Oh my god I've been waiting forever for it to get something that wasn't cold blooded. Now I can finally use my garish mtb helmet + crazy arrow combination with it in ranked

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

dragon enthusiast posted:

I thought last ditch effort works differently in objective game modes

It does. It activates if the enemy's counter goes below 30.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

raditts posted:

It does. It activates if the enemy's counter goes below 30.

I read 30 I think

Edit I can't read

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I think I found the recipe for Pearl's mayo cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I run LDE and it's noticeably powerful when it pops and can really help push back, especially in Tower Control and Rainmaker. Splat Zones is rarer, if someone gets below 30 it's gonna be hard to really turn the tide