Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, do they take them there? :0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yeah, do they take them there? :0

Yeah might charge you a small fee to swap out

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo I should try that, thanks. I didn't know you could do that

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
xbox one been dead for years

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

EA Access seems like a tremendous value. I'm going to assume the games do not come with any post-release content - i.e. Bespin for SW Battlefront. Is that correct?

Either way I think it's worth 30 bux for a year

EA Access is one of the few good reasons to actually own an Xbone. It really is a great value especially if you like sports games.

And yes, some of the games do include the DLC. They added all the SW Battlefront DLC in July: https://www.ea.com/ea-access/news/swbf-dlc-in-the-vault

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Empress Brosephine posted:

Xbox one died last night ugh. Got hit by a lightning surge I think

His name was xbox one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zat posted:

EA Access is one of the few good reasons to actually own an Xbone.

You gotta like ea games tho

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

You gotta like ea games tho

Obviously, and preferably their sports games especially (they're the reason why EA Access is better than Origin Access for me). Not much point otherwise.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zat posted:

Obviously, and preferably their sports games especially (they're the reason why EA Access is better than Origin Access for me). Not much point otherwise.

Yeah, they're definitely a good way to get the stable of EA Sports games if you're not one of those super-obsessed people playing it daily and making it rain Ultimate Team Packs or whatever. From now until roughly 6 months after the respective games' release dates, the "newest" spworts games will have 10 hours of access which can be plenty for people who only really play for the odd get-together, and you can also have unlimited access to last year's anyway. And NBA Live might actually not be super poo poo this year! (It will probably be poo poo)

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
EA Access nailed the pricing too, $30/year is enough to justify casual interest in the games they have up.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Twerk from Home posted:

EA Access nailed the pricing too, $30/year is enough to justify casual interest in the games they have up.

Lucky they havent been joined by other publishers in the subscription game yet or something would have to give

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Lucky they havent been joined by other publishers in the subscription game yet or something would have to give

I'm actually surprised other companies haven't gone into it like EA have.

Other than Bungie with Destiny at least. :v:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Ubisoft doesn't want to risk highlighting the fact that all their AAA franchises are the same game.

They even figured out how to put the drone from Wildlands and Watch Underscore Dogs 2 into the new Assassin's Creed. It takes real creativity to maintain that commitment to your monogame.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I now own 11 XBOX One Games with 2 more on the way and I still won't have my XBOX ONE X for another couple of months.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I HAVE A DISEASE I NEED HELP

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You're going to be really disappointed.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Chris Christie posted:

I HAVE A DISEASE I NEED HELP

I told you this over a week ago.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

univbee posted:

I'm actually surprised other companies haven't gone into it like EA have.

Other than Bungie with Destiny at least. :v:

Microsoft launched a service for this already, although obviously ubi and other massive publishers arent part of it its still a real good value.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Eventually all this value gets expensive

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Barudak posted:

Microsoft launched a service for this already, although obviously ubi and other massive publishers arent part of it its still a real good value.

The Xbox Game Pass looks like it has a completely garbage selection, EA's has more stuff that's interesting to me at 1/4 the cost. What am I missing?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Gamepass has the same problem as GwG where I could save money by just buying the games I actually want on it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Chris Christie posted:

I now own 11 XBOX One Games with 2 more on the way and I still won't have my XBOX ONE X for another couple of months.

How are you going to hide all those discs from your wife? :ohdear:

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

The wife wakes up one day and finds a human lump shape made out of game discs and gamefly sleeves next to her while the actual man is next to said lump.

And when the husband gets asked: "I just wanted to get to that 5 star rank in the Rewards program, I wanted that huge rebate."

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

How are you going to hide all those discs from your wife? :ohdear:

Put them in PS4 game cases. :twisted:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Chris Christie posted:

You know what would be a better idea? Take some time off and go hit the beach.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Instant Sunrise posted:

You know what would be a better idea? Take some time off and go hit the beach.

They beach is too sandy and you get suburnt.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Beats playing PS4 exclusive remasters of games that came out 4 years ago on your tiny babysized controller though heyoooooo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually I'm playing an exclusive remaster of a game that came out 12 years ago

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

Beats playing PS4 exclusive remasters of games that came out 4 years ago on your tiny babysized controller though heyoooooo

The ds4 is the biggest controller this gen

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

The Xbox Game Pass looks like it has a completely garbage selection, EA's has more stuff that's interesting to me at 1/4 the cost. What am I missing?

Im enjoying it, but like, its not top of the line content but its a solid breadth of titles. Id never buy Mad Max or Metal Slug XX but Ive enjoyed both through it. If youre eyeing it ror specific games you should jusy buy though, obviously.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got mad max for like 5.99 and was still unhappy. games that gate content like that are on my shitlist

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

They beach is too sandy and you get suburnt.

Plus, even if you don't burn, the sun ages you pretty bad, which is why women start caking on the makeup when they hit 30.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

I got mad max for like 5.99 and was still unhappy. games that gate content like that are on my shitlist
"Gate content like that"?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Real hurthling! posted:

The ds4 is the biggest controller this gen

Not really, it might be longer and the best dualshock yet (low bar) but it's not built for big hands. My elite works way better for me.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Not really, it might be longer and the best dualshock yet (low bar) but it's not built for big hands. My elite works way better for me.

For big hands you can buy the Nacon revolution wich is even bigger than the DS4 and has the xbox layout (and still cheaper than the elite). Razer has a big one too for PS4.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Is it time for dualshock3_fumble.gif again??

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

"Gate content like that"?

Story missions locked behind map region checklists like just cause and mafia3

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

Story missions locked behind map region checklists like just cause and mafia3
Yeah that's a really disengaging way to handle progression.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mad max was straight up ruined by that poo poo, which is a shame because it was otherwise a pretty decent game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly I had the opposite problem with Mad Max, I just wanted to gently caress around destroying convoys and taking over territory but it locked all the good upgrades behind doing the story.