Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I hate the Bizarros...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Is this based on / a parody of Maoist propaganda?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You can't post that stuff here! You'll get sixers!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

starkebn posted:

Is this based on / a parody of Maoist propaganda?

No. It's real.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

So what if my food is a bird?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

What a flamer

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Now those I get!

Heh it's a clown car.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rolo posted:

Now those I get!

Heh it's a clown car.

Now explain the other cartoon where there's a slice of pie on the road, a tiny UFO hovering over the cop motorcycle and there's a giant pink rabbit driving a car (and doing a road rage???)

Edit: And then explain the link between the two cartoons with the car in the second one being a K2 model and the car in the first one having a K2 licence plate

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Now explain the other cartoon where there's a slice of pie on the road, a tiny UFO hovering over the cop motorcycle and there's a giant pink rabbit driving a car (and doing a road rage???)

Edit: And then explain the link between the two cartoons with the car in the second one being a K2 model and the car in the first one having a K2 licence plate

The author likes to throw in these things in all his strips (You can see the alien up by the word balloon in the second comic). I'm surprised there's no pie in the second one, and no lit dynamite in either.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The door on the woman's apartment says k2

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

According to the author's own website (Warning: Lolrandommonkeycheese within) there are apparently thirteen possible symbols he hides in his strips. Also, if you look just above his signature, there will be a number, this is how many of his regular symbols appear in that particular strip.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

So is it just 'hidden' so trashily that it looks like part of the comic? Which I still dont get.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Choco1980 posted:

According to the author's own website (Warning: Lolrandommonkeycheese within) there are apparently thirteen possible symbols he hides in his strips. Also, if you look just above his signature, there will be a number, this is how many of his regular symbols appear in that particular strip.

In the cop comic: eyeball headlight, alien to the right, pie under car, k2 and weird thing driving car in background I guess?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

So is it just 'hidden' so trashily that it looks like part of the comic? Which I still dont get.

They used to be well hidden but he's being doing newspaper comics for like 15 years ago I imagine he just stopped giving a poo poo

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Rolo posted:

In the cop comic: eyeball headlight, alien to the right, pie under car, k2 and weird thing driving car in background I guess?

The weird thing is a pink bunny, and yes.

Besides pictures of Olive Oyl, and "O2", he seems to make a lot of references to her as well throughout without counting them as symbols. Reading the webpage, I think he does it as a nod to his wife (casting himself as Popeye I suppose). K2 apparently stands for his daughters, both of whom have "K" names :3:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bombadilillo posted:

These are comics for babies and children.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My favorite part of going to the doctor as a kid was reading Highlights magazine and looking for the hidden pictures stuff.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Cartoon Man posted:

My favorite part of going to the doctor as a kid was reading Highlights magazine and looking for the hidden pictures stuff.

That's a regular bird not an eagle and it's easy to find.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
good news, everyone!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Drops chum*

We're gonna need a bigger thread.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

GOOBLANS posted:

The series aims to turn the comic into a professional, high quality cartoon.

Something something the comic isnt professional or high quality something soemthing

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Phil LaMarr is way too good for that

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

yeah I was surprised that both those guys seem to be pretty solid working voice actors. Not many main roles but tons of characters/shows I actually recognize.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
:nws: Oglaf: Standing Ovulation :nws:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I hope Oglaf never stops

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

starkebn posted:

I hope Oglaf never stops

If your Oglaf lasts for more than four hours, please consult a physician.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My favourite Perry Bible Fellowship is

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

:unsmith:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I have new ghost goals post-mortem.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I guess the modern equivalent of this would have the ghost showing the kids how to get past the parental control firewall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I guess the modern equivalent of this would have the ghost showing the kids how to get past the parental control firewall?

the ouija board point to A-D-M-I-N A-D-M-I-N