Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I wish death upon the heretics

God dammit, they even look exactly like the sort of people you'd expect to be doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I think the food court line rule-breakers are worse with their refusal to follow the yellow line on the floor.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It is always parents. I think the exhaustion of dealing with kids burns out the 'be a decent human being' part of their brains.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

There needs to be a lane for families/samplers/browsers/olds. Get them out of my way so I can get to my cheese faster tia

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Trip report, 8.28.2017

1. Had the brat w/beverage. Used deli mustard and onions.

2. Bought a 32" Visio TV to replace the one on my desk that died.

3. Didn't get these today, but these $20 Costco hiking shoes are probably the best shoes in which I've ever hiked. I bought them exclusively for a hiking vacation out in Arizona and Utah, put about 35 miles on them in a week, they have great grip while rock scrambling, and I never felt a minute of foot pain. I was genuinely surprised at that. Some reviewers say that don't last long, but gently caress it... they're $20. Practically disposable.

4. They had these as samples and I liked them so I bought a bag.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Peachfart posted:

It is always parents. I think the exhaustion of dealing with kids burns out the 'be a decent human being' part of their brains.

As a parent, I'm constantly thinking "get the gently caress out the way so I can get this kid home and to bed and then I can drown myself in this inexpensive booze I'm trying to purchase."

Ron Zacapa $30 at Costco this week. One of the best rums at a fantastically low price. I picked up two bottles.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I love Costco. I've never been there though.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

EXCUSE ME really loud tends to work.

Risky
May 18, 2003

Costco: Fix your hours, they are really horrible. That is all.

PBUC

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i attribute me smelling good(as reported by others) to the kirkland bar soap ive been using for years now

thanks costco

thostco

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Risky posted:

Costco: Fix your hours, they are really horrible. That is all.

PBUC

Nah, I think it's great that their employees get to go home at a decent time even at the late shift.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hours are fine yo. Dog makers and other employees need a good work/life balance to keep quality up.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2017/08/29/costco-drops-trucking-company-accused-labor-violations/612743001/
PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

PBUC

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I had a dog for lunch today. It was a good day

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

binge crotching posted:

I had a dog for lunch today. It was a good day

I had one, too. I hadn't known you could ask for extra condiments at the cash, so it was the first time I'd had a 'Co dog with sauerkraut. Also, they stocked Clif Builder's protein bars again after several weeks without, so it was an extra good day.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The proposed Costco in our city is now asking for 2x the tax breaks or else they're moving across the street to another city instead

Hok
Apr 3, 2003

Cog in the Machine
Opening day for a shiny new Costco 15 minutes away from me and I don't get to be there opening. Day because this idiot booked a work trip and I'm interstate

Tomorrow I will be there to pay my respects, because otherwise I wouldn't get there until he weekend and that will not be pretty

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

The proposed Costco in our city is now asking for 2x the tax breaks or else they're moving across the street to another city instead

Costco is at the end of the day, capitalism refined.

I, for one, would support tax breaks for companies such as Costco who practice good business and treat their (large) employee base fairly. :shrug:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

FCKGW posted:

They'd better lay down palm branches as the Costco exec strolls in to town to sign the papers.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

City council already announced they were coming in so they've got not leverage lol

There's 1000 homes going in across the street from this place so they city will do anything to keep them happy.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
My Costco is located near a movie theater so I was able to have dinner at Costco and go see spider-man. Too bad the tickets you can get for cheap at Costco can't be used on Marvel movies. Still, praise be!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I just bought some AMC theater tickets from Costco as a gift a couple weeks ago, they don't say anything about Marvel movies on them, do yours?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Croatoan posted:

My Costco is located near a movie theater so I was able to have dinner at Costco and go see spider-man. Too bad the tickets you can get for cheap at Costco can't be used on Marvel movies. Still, praise be!

Is that an American thing? I definitely used Costco tickets to see Civil War and Guardians 2.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
The AMC ones have a stupid stipulation that they can't be used on anything released by Disney. Unfortunately that means no Marvel films, Star Wars films, Pixar films and regular old Disney films. I honestly have no idea if that's America only. It was quite a shock to me when I tried to use them when taking a group to see guardians of the galaxy two "on me". Fuuuuck that got expensive quick.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
That's crazy! Sometimes I buy the Regal passes from Costco because I get Regal points even with passes, and my favorite theater is a Regal sandwiched between Rubio's Coastal Grill (fish taco joint) and a great pizzeria. I never buy the AMC passes because you actually have to pay to join the AMC loyalty program, which makes no sense to me. I can vouch for the Costco Regal passes having no restrictions.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Croatoan posted:

The AMC ones have a stupid stipulation that they can't be used on anything released by Disney. Unfortunately that means no Marvel films, Star Wars films, Pixar films and regular old Disney films. I honestly have no idea if that's America only. It was quite a shock to me when I tried to use them when taking a group to see guardians of the galaxy two "on me". Fuuuuck that got expensive quick.

I did not know that was a thing. I've actually got some AMC tickets from the 'co in my wallet, looking at them I don't see anything about Disney movies. It says there will be a surcharge for 3D or premium formats (IMAX, AMC Prime), special promotions. It does say that is certain locations may also have surcharges, notably Disney and Unviersal owned properties operated by AMC.

https://www.amctheatres.com/exchange-tickets-terms

I'm in California so Costco sells the black ticket here. I'm not sure if other states use other colors but I see that Yellow and Red aren't valid in CA. I'm pretty close to the Downtown Disney AMC so I assume that wouldn't work or I'd get charged extra. I guess I've gotten lucky and just not tried to use the AMC tickets on Disney movies.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Good Dog posted:

I'm in California so Costco sells the black ticket here.

I think that's the issue. I'm in Georgia and they sell the "red" tickets here.

Edit: Actually I don't know if they still sell the red ones here. The tickets I had were from a couple of years ago and just forgot them on the fridge forever. The website is offering the yellow or black ones so maybe someone could scope it out?

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Aug 31, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
It’s yellow in Georgia now, which are pretty open I believe.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Okay, I'm also in Georgia with yellow tickets, that's why my tickets aren't restricted.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I emailed Costco and they are about to restock Ling Ling's Potstickers.

You're welcome.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Sweet! I was pretty bummed, glad they fixed it!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

They never left my Costco.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Today I visited the Costco food court with one of my coworkers. Turns out he's one of the unclean and has a membership at Sams Club. He had a chicken bake and was converted! He's signed up for a membership right now.

Praise be!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Hambulance posted:

Today I visited the Costco food court with one of my coworkers. Turns out he's one of the unclean and has a membership at Sams Club. He had a chicken bake and was converted! He's signed up for a membership right now.

Praise be!

A shepherd leads his lost sheep to the herd.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Went to the Costco eye doctor for an exam and also picked up some decongestants. On the way out I passed a group of high school cheerleaders eating lunch. They know the value of $1.50!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

So it begins, and so it ends. All in savings.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Was think about those dogs, went to the co and got a churro and smoothie instead. Did my good deed for the week by giving my table seat up to a young mother with baby in cart that looked like she needed a table to pull the cart next too. She was thankful.

Then I went and got gas before the prices go way up from Hurricane Steve Harvey flooding Texass.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
The new gospel of deals started today. I believe I will make the pilgrimage tomorrow; I didn't even come close to my fast food budget last month because I focused on getting dogs instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
So Costco has single loaves of Greenlee Bakery's hand-made cinnamon bread for about 7 bucks.

Pan frying a piece in butter results in a consumption experience similar to an orgasm or at least a really lovely drip of cocaine.

Don't put them in the toaster or the toaster oven, they will set fire to something with their lessened viscosity and the ejaculation of flavor on the burner below. Make sure that happens in your mouth, not in a toaster.