Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
He's gathering Reddit dossiers for Legal's review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I've got a dossier of my own

D_Smart posted:

Go gently caress yourself. I built this place. You and your 2007 reg date. I was around when this place first showed up, go ask Lowtax or any of the guys who were here since the beginning. I just had to rereg because I lost my original @ix.netcom.com email address access.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

violentlycitrus posted:

Is it turning out that the big losers in all this will be the employees? I mean backers by now know what they're in for, CRoberts and co. all have escape hatches set up i imagine. So is it the people that have done the actual work on this project that will be the ones truly getting the poo poo end of the stick?

Employees with unpaid wages will become unsecured creditors, essentially. That usually means they won't be made whole. There are a few exceptions that might bump those employees up in line among the folks who are owed something in the event of bankruptcy, but Coutts & Co. and any other secured creditors would be at the head of that line and would receive most or all of the benefits of liquidation.

If your checks start showing up late or bouncing, don't wait. Aggressively seek new employment and work with your local department of labor to sort out your unpaid wages. And make sure your employer was actually paying those employment taxes, because holy wow that's a common scheme with illiquid and thieving employers.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Mr.Tophat posted:

I've got a dossier of my own

Jesus H Christ, this changes everything

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

doingitwrong posted:

Wait, when did this happen? I recognize the others from official videos. Is this one real too?

If so: who the gently caress thought it would be a good idea to include this in their official marketing materials.

It was from a "comedy" sketch about the devs training for a live Star Marine match during the tragic 2016 Holiday stream.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

MilesK posted:

It was from a "comedy" sketch about the devs training for a live Star Marine match during the tragic 2016 Holiday stream.

The term, "comedy of errors" has never seemed so...dense

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

from 70 pages back... that was painful holy poo poo

:cripes:

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

I was wondering more from an angle of will having worked on this project cause them to be personae non gratis in the game dev community? I know nothing about game development, it would suck if a bunch of people that honestly did their best were "tainted" by being involved in this.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Solarin posted:

Good discovery! It can improved however!

Open this and that same twitch clip together!

True immersion

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

violentlycitrus posted:

I was wondering more from an angle of will having worked on this project cause them to be personae non gratis in the game dev community? I know nothing about game development, it would suck if a bunch of people that honestly did their best were "tainted" by being involved in this.

Doing your best has nothing to do with being competent or honest. I hope anyone still working in this scam won't find a job again in this field.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

starkebn posted:

NPH: Loook away, looook away

The entire time he was scrobbling around the in cockpit trying to get the door out to work, then no-clip'd through the sunroof, before walking around the to open ramp at the back.

As you observed, they panned around to 'look at the turret'.

violentlycitrus posted:

Outside of a bunch of internet retards and SC supporters that fascinate them, this might make it to the level of cautionary tale, but you'd be hard pressed to fine anyone that could remember names after a decade. Management is different, obviously, but the keyboard monkeys would have fascinating stories to tell. :allears:

I work inside a company that is vaguely 'evil', so I wear a Hydra T-shirt to meetings and support the ACLU. Eventually I might be able to change something, but right now we just tease legal over the whole net neutrality stuff.

Hav fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 31, 2017

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

MilesK posted:

Ok. Well that's a relief. Nice to have a moment where "SC is bad but not that bad"

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

doingitwrong posted:

Ok. Well that's a relief. Nice to have a moment where "SC is bad but not that bad"

SC is bad!? When did this happen?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Solarin posted:

Twitch chat was loving ruthless (no editing):

quote:

> S C A M
> HEAVY SWEATING
> !remindme 20 years
> SURE LUL
> 2/10
> (EleGiggle)
> Good Demo IMO
> THICC
> no microtech arccorp hurston or crusader wow
> [loud sweating]
> LUL
> f
> right LUL
> LUL
> THICC
> Como não resgatar alguém..
> rip this guy
> KKona
> (nathanTowel)
> DONTATING MORE RIGHT NOW
> MY GAME SO GOOD HERE ARE EXCUSES
> This game looks like it will be good as the initial release of NMS XD
> RAMPS ARE HARD
> ALL GOOD I LAUGHED LOL
> morons forgetting chris said there would be bugs before starting
> You made me Rofl this deserved 5/10 xD
> (Facepalm Emoji)
> 6 Years but still alpha bois (BrokeBack)
> (Crying Emoji)
> Nice game (Kappa)
> Not bad for such a small budget game and such a small dev crew.........

It goes on and on and on. Whenever anything bad would happen, twitch chat would snap into warp speed LUL's, it was amazing. Especially with the weird cuts to commando making a ridiculous parp face.

Toops fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 31, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Toops posted:

Twitch chat was loving ruthless (no editing):

It goes on and on and on. Whenever anything bad would happen, twitch chat would snap into warp speed LUL's, it was amazing. Especially with the weird cuts to commando making a ridiculous parp face.

You know it's bad when twitch turns on CIG, cause we're all already banned so it can't be us lol.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free
Tang.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

It's a kick...

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

TheGodofIris posted:

It's a kick...

In a glass.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Percelus posted:

between derek smart, chris roberts, louise mensch and piers morgan, anyone get the feeling that britain is not sending america it's best people?

We sent Piers Morgan back, at least.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

D_Smart posted:

It's cute that you think I don't know who all those fuckers are by now. I have a dossier on ALL of them. And I who ALL of them are. It's my nature to know my adversaries.

You have a dossier on ALL of your adversaries?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Those folders are way too thin.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
the joke is he doesn't know anything about them

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
new kommando is kinda spicy

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

We sent Piers Morgan back, at least.
You were supposed to shoot him!

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Mr.Tophat posted:

Hey guys, remember when Sandi sang Horst-Wessel-Lied on one of the star citizen reverse the hearse vids? Good times!

I think it was AtV 6 in 2014 when tbe German soccer team won the world championship.

But, to be pedantic, it wasn't the Wessel-Lied, it was the first stanza ("Deutschland above all") of the German anthem. The third stanza is the official hymn ("Unity and justice and freedom").

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Potato Salad posted:

:ducksiren: Hey, does anyone have a link to a recording of Derek's Discord channel during the Gamescom 2017 Star Citizen demo? :ducksiren:

Dark Off posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rj4ca3ovecjvh90/discord%20recording.mp3?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6SB-B1cyoLbY3gxTWI2bU5FUjA/view?usp=sharing backup
here is the recording of discord voice chat, unfortunately i forgot to record my own voice. It causes some long pauses during the recording. i ran out of phone battery so i lost last half hour on that recording
basically its a alpha 3.0 recording

15min show start
3h 25min aftershow chat starts

if you also wanted pre stream chat and post stream chat.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
xcom 2 war of the chosen is good. you can open doors!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

I could see Roberts mocapping the funeral scene from Star Trek II and having it go terribly wrong as the coffin is launched into the Atlantic.

I see the coffin torpedo launching backwards into the ship, promptly blowing it but leaving the casket unscathed as it emerges from the flames
and spinning wreckage of the ship broken into 5 lego subsections. Spock's speedo clad corpse slowly clips it's way out of the torpedo casing

*zoom to face*

as his nipplejets begin to fire his concerned expression slowly fades into a deeply satisfied and self assured smile ...paaarp

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Beet Wagon posted:

You know it's bad when twitch turns on CIG, cause we're all already banned so it can't be us lol.

I got hit with a permaban last year durring the disasterous holiday livestream when they showed the group pictures of all the employees of the different studios and I said all these people are going to be unemployed by this time next year.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Posting from the past so apologies if missed: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6wzg4n/crash_academy_video_overview_some_extra_info/

SQ42 is back baby!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

makes u think

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/903028368865505280

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/903031281126072320

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

#actress

#actress

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Berious posted:

xcom 2 war of the chosen is good. you can open doors!

Game is loving fantastic so far. Still, I lolled after I saw a 30 GB download.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Kraiklyn_/status/903154164854816769

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

D_Smart posted:

Newsflash. I'm American; not a transplant like those three :grin:

Well, we have a xenophobic black nazi here. Check your black privilege, you biggot!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Toblakai posted:

Well, we have a xenophobic black nazi here. Check your black privilege, you biggot!

And you should check your spelling...

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Because appearing twice is always better than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

And now take your fourth smiling sandy in a row for a well beginning day.