Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yep, I want Waver too. I didn't realize that that was him when I started, nor that he was so drat handy to have around. I look forward to fruitlessly rolling for him that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.
I will be limiting it to one ticket each on the Arturia, Waver and Vlad days. Maaaaaaaybe Altera. But Kintaro himself I have little appeal in, so the quartz is staying in its bag, awaiting Shishou and the GUDAGUDA Medusa Rate-up so I can up my waifu's NP.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
waver's a cute so he's definitely going some quartz shoved for him

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Sciencegar posted:

I will be limiting it to one ticket each on the Arturia, Waver and Vlad days. Maaaaaaaybe Altera. But Kintaro himself I have little appeal in, so the quartz is staying in its bag, awaiting Shishou and the GUDAGUDA Medusa Rate-up so I can up my waifu's NP.

How do you not just get swamped in Medusa? I've gotten her like 20 times.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm so jealous of Gilgamesh havers that can listen to his laugh 24/7

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

FP gatcha is extremely random and loves to give you plenty of servant A and few or none of B. EG my Romulus is NP 5 while FSN Cu took weeks just to get and is still only NP1

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
At this point I've abandoned hope of getting Cu's NP upgrades from the FP gacha and I'm waiting for the Okita Gacha where he's on rateup and I'm going to pour a tonne of Quartz into it anyway.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I started this game 3 weeks ago and I feel like I've gotten insanely lucky with the gacha. Got Waver the one time I did a 10 pull on the story summon, and got Orion from the one 10 pull I did from the current rate up. I'm thinking I'm going to skip the Sakata event and save for Francis, cause I like pirate ladies and could use a good rider.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I had hoped we wouldn't get Kintoki for a while... Must stay strong and save all the quartz for Okita.

He's really good btw. Nobody brings the pain better than him (and nobody falls over to a stiff breeze like him) and he works really well with a bunch of free event CEs we'll be getting later on.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Kintoki is one of the four that I really want out of this game. Gonna suck when I never get him but his rider version will ease the pain at least.

Sciencegar
Dec 21, 2013

I'm afraid its because of Super-Science.

Regular-Ass Science is innocent.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

How do you not just get swamped in Medusa? I've gotten her like 20 times.

It's all RNG: I got NP5 Proto Cu by week 2 or 3, but only got Real Cu a week ago, just after my first Medusa. Now Real Cu is at NP3 but there are no signs of any more Medusae.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
so many mataharis. 1 per summon, almost.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I'm still waiting on Medea. I was looking over some of my starter rolls I made and one had 3 of her in a single pull. Is that where she went?

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm so jealous of Gilgamesh havers that can listen to his laugh 24/7

I like his voice and animations, but his NP was crashing the app on my tablet half the time, so I had to switch to playing on my phone just for him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you want riders and pirate ladies then the okeanos banner is good for that because both drake and anne/mary are good and my friends

edit: Also, as you can probably guess, the black grail CE that's in the Sakata banner (+50% np damage, take 500 damage every turn) is insanely good for Anne and Mary.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Not having to worry about any banners until Halloween is really nice. Other then the tutorial roll and a first ten roll, I've managed to horde every single last quartz in preperation for Tamamo.

But because of that my only real standouts are Tamamo Cat, Emiya, and Liz, none of which will have an easy time with the Okeanos boss.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Rolled for Arjuna, got Tristan instead, I'm not even mad.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Going to do a tenner on Waver Day, in the vain hopes of gold. Then the other quartz I have is saved for Tammamo.

Who seems really really popular, huh?

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Mechanically, Tamamo is one of the top 3 Casters in the entire game, third to Merlin and Waver. Her skills are really good - NP delay with 100% chance to hit, 60% Defense for 1 turn, 30% Defense for the next 2, and a heal + 50% Arts buff for 3 turns, the strongest buff of its kind.

Her NP also heals, raises the party's NP by 25% her included, and most importantly is one of only three ways to reduce skill cooldowns. It's also the best of the three methods, because it reduces cooldowns on everyone in the party and is spammable, unlike the Atlas Outfit (one target on a 12 turn cooldown) and Maid Swimsuit Artoria Alter (one person 6 turns, and they lose 1000 HP in the process, and won't be available for two years.)

Compared to Waver's plethora of buffs and NP boost and Merlin's general utility, Tamamo's amazing for stall teams and provides the sheer sustain that Waver and Merlin lack in longer battles.

She's also really great as a waifu and blows Nero out of the water in every category.

Twib fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Aug 31, 2017

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Twib posted:

She's also really great as a waifu and blows Nero out of the water in every category.

But Medusa still dunks on Tamamo in Extella, further cementing her title of Best Girl.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Sciencegar posted:

It's all RNG: I got NP5 Proto Cu by week 2 or 3, but only got Real Cu a week ago, just after my first Medusa. Now Real Cu is at NP3 but there are no signs of any more Medusae.

I'm cursed with infinite Proto Cu, Boudica and Amadeus.

The only bronze servant I don't have is Sanson. I only recently got Siegfried and Marie Antoinette.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Just a reminder, Maintenance starts in just under 2 hours.

Just reminding you guys, since the game going with UTC for it's time zone can get confusing.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BlazeEmblem posted:

Just a reminder, Maintenance starts in just under 2 hours.

Just reminding you guys, since the game going with UTC for it's time zone can get confusing.

Ends up being midnight Eastern Daylight anyways.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

And 12 noon SGT.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Why did they put Robin Hood and Boudica in the Rateup? They're already two of the most common servants in the goddamn game they don't need to have a higher chance of obtaining them.

Also Kintoki and Eurayle are already programmed into the game right? I've fought both of them but they show up as greyed out in the Spirit Origin Archive and don't even come up afterwards.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Also Kintoki and Eurayle are already programmed into the game right? I've fought both of them but they show up as greyed out in the Spirit Origin Archive and don't even come up afterwards.

They are in the game data, but not available. They will only go from grey to showing a picture when they become available in the game, with Kintoki starting with his rate up, and Eurayle when we get Okeanos.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I can't wait to dolphin out for chances at kintoki, waver, and Jeanne.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ashsaber posted:

Going to do a tenner on Waver Day, in the vain hopes of gold. Then the other quartz I have is saved for Tammamo.

Who seems really really popular, huh?

Tamamo is great if you want to make an arts team. You take her, Waver, and any servant that does damage and has at least a couple arts cards. Waver fills up everyone's np and buffs them, Tamamo heals everyone, gives them more np, and lets you use waver's skills more, and then you just arts combo all day and bust out an NP every turn.

She's also good for stall teams for the same reasons (NP charge, healing, and skill speed). With a stall team you load up a bunch of defense and stuff that reduces enemy charge, and then never let the enemy get an np off while you slowly chip away at their health. It's a really strong tactic, with the one problem that it takes hours to kill anything.

She's a bit more niche than Waver (who fits everywhere) or Merlin (who can do most of the same stuff but also has a buster buff and full party invulnerability skill) but she can still act as the core of a lot of different teams.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Got a gold saber but got spooked by d'eon. 4 tickets and 90 quartz later and got the Saber Alter I was looking for and a black grail. Who is a good candidate for black grail?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cyxx posted:

Got a gold saber but got spooked by d'eon. 4 tickets and 90 quartz later and got the Saber Alter I was looking for and a black grail. Who is a good candidate for black grail?
Casters with offensive NPs, since they can build their NP gauges so fast. Medea especially works great for it, especially since she can heal herself, but it works with the 3* aoe buster types too.
Robin Hood, Euryale, since they're arts-types with strong NPs. Same with Orion and Vlad, though Vlad's a little risky with it since he's a berserker.
Anne and Mary, when they're added.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 31, 2017

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Did a 10 pull and got Saber Alter along with a Holy Shroud of Magdalene and With One Strike, along with some copies of a few other good things. I'm pleasantly surprised.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
YOLO 5 tickets and got 5 CEs, Black Grail and Verdant Sounds. Meh

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Will spend 90 quartz or thereabouts. Hope I get something at least.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Can somene explain healing skills to me? Looking at Nightingale she heals for 4k every 5 turns on max. If she gets hit twice by the weakest mob in a battle where anything at all matters she'll take more damage than that and even the best tank only protects for 3 turns every five. So even under moderately optimistic scenarios her heal is about as useful as a self evade with all the uncertainty at the more risk side.
Am I missing something?

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
In my 90 quartz that I spent I got 3 moon cell automatons. Somehow those made me feel worse than getting keys or shinji

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No Kintoki but I did get Saber Alter and Kalediscope in 31 pulls so I guess I'll be satisfied with that and save Saint Quartz for months until Cu Alter is available.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Of course the only gold servant I get is Marie which I already have. I guess I can max limit break Iron willed training for George now.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

genericnick posted:

Can somene explain healing skills to me? Looking at Nightingale she heals for 4k every 5 turns on max. If she gets hit twice by the weakest mob in a battle where anything at all matters she'll take more damage than that and even the best tank only protects for 3 turns every five. So even under moderately optimistic scenarios her heal is about as useful as a self evade with all the uncertainty at the more risk side.
Am I missing something?

Healing isn't that great in FGO except as part of a larger stall strategy mostly involving damage avoidance/mitigation. If the rest of your party can keep damage down to a manageable level, healing can help deal with the damage you do take.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
Are rare CEs more common than rare servants when pulling? I've been playing a couple weeks and I have a billion 4* CEs, but I've yet to pull a servant above 3 stars, excepting the guaranteed one you get as part of the tutorial. Maybe that's fine, since most servants are workable anyways, but man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

VgameT posted:

Are rare CEs more common than rare servants when pulling? I've been playing a couple weeks and I have a billion 4* CEs, but I've yet to pull a servant above 3 stars, excepting the guaranteed one you get as part of the tutorial. Maybe that's fine, since most servants are workable anyways, but man.

They actually publish the stats on this, so we know: Yes, rare CEs are four times as common as rare servants.

4* CE: 12%
5* CE: 4%
4* Servant: 3%
5* Servant: 1%