Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
How are you getting that many concussions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Field Mousepad posted:

How are you getting that many concussions?

Got hit by 2 cars on bike, fainted at work and had a whole no memory thing where I hit my head 2 more times I was told. So 5 in all. Lawsuits all around.

poo poo, I can't even get a CT scan now, because there's concern that it'll literally give me brain cancer.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Hope it all works out CDC.

You a good dude. I'm surprised you are even alive after TWO hit by car on bike events.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

A Man and his dog posted:

Hope it all works out CDC.

You a good dude. I'm surprised you are even alive after TWO hit by car on bike events.

I think the car industry is trying to kill them.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Skwirl posted:

I think the car industry is trying to kill them.

He's actually a shill for the lawyers pushing for more bike lanes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shooting Blanks posted:

He's actually a shill for the lawyers pushing for more bike lanes.

That'd be a noble death. People who hate bikes always forget that when you're "oh no, I have to drive slightly slower for half a block in a super densely populated community" that's a car that's not on the road trapping you behind them for many, many blocks.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009
Recently moved to a smallish English style pub and I've never used fryers before outside my own kitchen. When the place was built 10+ years ago, the owners formed the layout around a bar that would sell a little bit of food on the side. It has since become the opposite. Trying to speed up our ticket times and food quality.

Wondering if you guys have had any success pre-breading onion rings. Current process is double dredge of milk + seasoned flour to order. They come out best when each "ring" is a double layered, but that can be too time consuming and frustrating to sort through them all when you have multiple orders with the limited work space.

So I've been given the semi-thumbs up to experiment a bit. Shouldn't be a problem to mix up the batter process if it'll yield better results for about the same money.

Quick google-fu showed my this 2 year old reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinary/comments/30jnxw/prepping_onion_rings_in_advance/

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2010/05/can-i-get-onion-rings-instead-of-fries.html
Don't believe we have panko/breadcrumbs currently, but I think we have ritz crackers

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah it can work, just make sure to lay them out flat, or at least staggered. Trays of onion rings on a speed rack will work.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
guys :(

gently caress

I just got word that CDC was hit by a 3rd car, suffered a 6th concussion, was in a coma and given a CT scan by a junior doctor, got brain cancer, and passed away late last night.

:( cdc you will be missed.

rip bro, pouring one out for you tonight :hchatter:

cddddddCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYY

MOD EDIT: Tables repaired.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Funny joke. A true gem.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mindphlux got into the kitchen wine again, don't mind him.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Coming from Houston, that's really not funny right now. I've got too many other people to worry about. Thanks, dick.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

mindphlux posted:

guys :(

gently caress

I just got word that CDC was hit by a 3rd car, suffered a 6th concussion, was in a coma and given a CT scan by a junior doctor, got brain cancer, and passed away late last night.

:( cdc you will be missed.

rip bro, pouring one out for you tonight :hchatter:

cddddddCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC WHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I mean, I got a good laugh out of it. lol

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

I mean, I got a good laugh out of it. lol

You probably have a concussion, so I don't trust your judgement on what's funny tbh

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

You probably have a concussion, so I don't trust your judgement on what's funny tbh

Funny story, on my way back from having my MRI just now, I walked since the place is like, 3/4 of a mile down the road. Lady coming out of the fast food place on the corner nearly hits me in a lifted F-350, so I continue to walk at my brisk pace and she rolls down her window to yell at me to "get the gently caress out of the way" and nudges me with the truck.

So I punched her side view mirror off.

Maybe not the best course of action given my history with vehicles, but is your fast food breakfast and rushing to work because you can't get your poo poo together more important than my well being? I don't think so.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Cuise, we gotta get you a friggin formula 1 helmet. With sensors and brain thingies and a comfy neck pillow.

It's going to be hilarious when your untimely death comes at the hands of a grandma on a hover round.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Hey mindphlux, your poo poo was nearly prophetic, please post that I will win the lottery and get millions from all my lawsuits, kthx.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Funny story, on my way back from having my MRI just now, I walked since the place is like, 3/4 of a mile down the road. Lady coming out of the fast food place on the corner nearly hits me in a lifted F-350, so I continue to walk at my brisk pace and she rolls down her window to yell at me to "get the gently caress out of the way" and nudges me with the truck.

So I punched her side view mirror off.

Maybe not the best course of action given my history with vehicles, but is your fast food breakfast and rushing to work because you can't get your poo poo together more important than my well being? I don't think so.

hahaha I always think that the trope of people smiling and not being huge dickholes in Cleveland/Midwest are exaggerated but after commuting via bike for three years and never having any experience even coming close to yours I'm inclined to believe it.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
People honestly have no loving patience anymore and you can see it everyday.

I honestly see people lose their poo poo cause OMG I HAD TO WAIT 3 MINUTES!!!!

Chill out everyone.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Just make weed legal so people will chill the gently caress out.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

WHERE THE gently caress IS MY WEED, DENNIS? I'VE BEEN WAITING IN YOUR LIVING ROOM FOR 5 MINUTES!

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

WHERE THE gently caress IS MY WEED, DENNIS? I'VE BEEN WAITING IN YOUR LIVING ROOM FOR 5 MINUTES!

I take benzos and lexapro, so I'm always chill now. It's a loving game changer, that's for sure. Made me a better manager like overnight almost. e: and I've lost a ton of weight from not drinking myself to sleep every night, and stress eating.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Weed is legal here and people are definitely not chilled out.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Weed is legal here and people are definitely not chilled out.

I might end up moving out that way in a year or two, if this other job offer comes through. Got an exec offer from FOX restaurant concepts. If the money is right, might take it.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i started lexapro and jesus it makes me feel...fuzzy? like i feel better overall but gently caress if my attention span ain't shot to poo poo now. would benzos help there or should i stick to my original plan to supplement with an adderall scrip?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Trebuchet King posted:

i started lexapro and jesus it makes me feel...fuzzy? like i feel better overall but gently caress if my attention span ain't shot to poo poo now. would benzos help there or should i stick to my original plan to supplement with an adderall scrip?

It depends. The fuzziness goes away after about a month. I also take 1mg clonazepam twice a day. I'd ask your doctor, it also depends on how much lexapro you're taking. I just upped to 20mg, and that seems to be right for me. Benzos definitely help with the attention span though, they sedate you, so depression/anxiety is gone, and you're calm and can focus.

But again, talk to your doctor, not everyone's the same.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
There's two main ~things~ about any SSRI you gotta keep in mind:

1. The rampup kinda sucks and its really easy to mistake your brain evening out the sharply jagged peaks and valleys of your serotonin curve as "fuzzy".

2. There will come a moment after that rampup passes where the sun will come out from behind the clouds, and a voice will tell you its fine. Everything is fine and surmountable and thanks to your meds you're thinking clearly enough to recognize that you're strong as gently caress and you got this! You see this clearly now, you don't need them anymore! THIS IS THE VOICE OF SATAN, AVOID ITS URGINGS WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Yeah, this one's been weird just because my previous experience was with viibryd/viladozone which had a faster rampup but also gave me gnarly shits.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Willie Tomg posted:

There's two main ~things~ about any SSRI you gotta keep in mind:

1. The rampup kinda sucks and its really easy to mistake your brain evening out the sharply jagged peaks and valleys of your serotonin curve as "fuzzy".

2. There will come a moment after that rampup passes where the sun will come out from behind the clouds, and a voice will tell you its fine. Everything is fine and surmountable and thanks to your meds you're thinking clearly enough to recognize that you're strong as gently caress and you got this! You see this clearly now, you don't need them anymore! THIS IS THE VOICE OF SATAN, AVOID ITS URGINGS WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT

This describes my ex girlfriend exactly. Holy poo poo is was rough when she went off her meds.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

My experience with fluoxetine was that the first few days were awful. I was incredibly wound up and it felt like everybody was in slow-motion compared to me. It reminded me of the irritability I felt when I was quitting cigarettes. Eventually, this switch turned on and my brain no longer felt like this static of momentary bursts of thought (I always likened it to having every TV and radio in the house on and blasting at the same time). This resulted in less stress and the ability to focus on what was most prescient (kind of like defragging my brain). It also had the added effect of my chronic headaches just disappearing.

Oh yeah and everybody's right in that it takes forever to cum when you're on them.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Man and his dog posted:

I honestly see people lose their poo poo cause OMG I HAD TO WAIT 3 MINUTES!!!!

3? People get pissy as gently caress over a minute wait.

I was walking through a grocery store parking lot, past a car with tinted windows. They kept pulling out slowly right behind me. I should have considered just stopping and staring at them. Like, "yes? I have the right of way here gently caress you?"

e - Also I feel alone here in not taking any sort of medication. Aside from ibuprofen/acetaminophen for my pinched sciatic nerve. Which is a lot better than it was uhhh, about a month and a half ago or so. It's not back to normal yet, but I can get around at work fine on 2 ibuprofen/1 acetaminophen a day, rather than hurting by the 4th hour, but being responsible and waiting to take another two aceta. Which is good.

Also the occasional drinking. But nothing crazy, and it's mostly lately been during Splatoon because I think I play better slightly intoxicated. :shrug:

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 1, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

I was walking through a grocery store parking lot, past a car with tinted windows. They kept pulling out slowly right behind me. I should have considered just stopping and staring at them. Like, "yes? I have the right of way here gently caress you?"

e - Also I feel alone here in not taking any sort of medication. Aside from ibuprofen/acetaminophen for my pinched sciatic nerve. Which is a lot better than it was uhhh, about a month and a half ago or so. It's not back to normal yet, but I can get around at work fine on 2 ibuprofen/1 acetaminophen a day, rather than hurting by the 4th hour, but being responsible and waiting to take another two aceta. Which is good.

Also the occasional drinking. But nothing crazy, and it's mostly lately been during Splatoon because I think I play better slightly intoxicated. :shrug:

If you're not drinking or using other drugs there's almost no reason to not take as much to take as much ibuprofen or tylenol as you want.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Manuel Calavera posted:

You may want to look into a muscle relaxer for a pinched nerve. I had a compressed disc and nerve in my lower back about 5 years ago, took Flexeril for 2 months, and it cleared itself up.

There are also non-narcotic muscle relaxers, like skelaxin you could take as well. I took that while I went through PT for a torn rotator cuff, helped a lot with keeping from over exerting myself.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Skwirl posted:

If you're not drinking or using other drugs there's almost no reason to not take as much to take as much ibuprofen or tylenol as you want.

ibuprofen is hard on your stomach, acetaminophen plays hell on your liver. So you're correct, but it's important to pick your OTC painkiller based on your habits.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

ibuprofen is hard on your stomach, acetaminophen plays hell on your liver. So you're correct, but it's important to pick your OTC painkiller based on your habits.

Skwirl posted:

That bolded disclaimer was written for a reason, and if you're drinking or doing other drugs enough that taking more than four Advils in a day puts you at risk of other health problems, the Advil is probably not the problem you should be worried about.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

My MRI came back clean, so now I just get to see a neuropsychologist regularly for a few years to get my cognitive abilities back.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but I like my liver/kidneys and didn't wanna gently caress them up. I was just being extra careful. Plus it's gotten a lot better since the original diagnosis.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

My MRI came back clean, so now I just get to see a neuropsychologist regularly for a few years to get my cognitive abilities back.

I honestly expected you to sit up too early when getting up from the MRI machine and bang your head and get a concussion

And then get hit by a car in the parking lot.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lol.

Yeah I'll do some pills every now and then but I'm not prescribed to anything.

Whatever helps you out though. I just start my day out with a long walk and some orange juice and go from there.

Oh gently caress it's Labor Day weekend. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

ok pet peeve posting time:

when i'm setting up the patio, and it's half an hour until we open for service, and i've told you that, but you just lurk watching me set up for half an hour. it's like, would you turn up early at a friend's when they invite you over for dinner so you can watch them clean and set up and poo poo?