Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My status an adult is very debatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Norns posted:

I'm willing to try almost everything once

Let me tell you about sounding

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Googled that. That's NOT how you use chopsticks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got that "Mom hid my game" thing from the presentation yesterday, parts 1 and 2. As someone said it's free and each one takes about twenty minutes to complete. It was fun, and funny though! There's a whole series. If it is less than $5 I'll shoot them a couple bucks of support.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Eh, I wouldn't count on Persona 5 appearing to the Switch any time soon. This is just fan service.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whaley posted:

azure striker gunvolt looks kinda kewl

I heavily endorse the Gunvolt games as they are the real Megaman successors over Mighty No. 9 and are incredibly fun.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I'm not buying that pre-order as P5 port confirmation until we see a Jet Set Radio port on switch

Norns posted:

No I believe only playing one Sonic game and the never touching them again is the right thing to do. I'm willing to try almost everything once

Except...the other sonic games? :confused:

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oxenfree is getting a Switch release. Hard to explain it without spoiling the plot but it's a neato indie mystery horror game.

It does the Telltale thing where when you beat it it shows a pie chart of what the most common dialogue/quest choices were picked and compares your playthrough against everyone elses. Would've been neat if New Vegas had this mechanic

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Have to send my Switch back for repairs because it doesn't recognize both joycons as connected in portable mode. The CSR must have said "perfect" a hundred times while I was talking to him. Perfect. Perfect on the Switch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Every single good Sonic game is post apocalyptic, you just never noticed.

Yeah but they were filled with bright-rear end colors, bouncy music, and cute animals popped out of enemies. Everything we've seen of Forces looks like a god drat PS1 JRPG cutscene when the bad guy decides to destroy a city. Robonik is the Dick Dastardly of Sonic, but they try and make him like Sephiroth or Kefka.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah but they were filled with bright-rear end colors, bouncy music, and cute animals popped out of enemies. Everything we've seen of Forces looks like a god drat PS1 JRPG cutscene when the bad guy decides to destroy a city. Robonik is the Dick Dastardly of Sonic, but they try and make him like Sephiroth or Kefka.

The music is still bouncy, and animals still pop out.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sonic forces is gonna be bad but I'll pick it up at 40 on sheer nostalgia (for the ps4, I've heard the switch version has frame rate issues)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

This is such a simple solution to an annoying problem, and I don't think I've seen it on any other consoles besides the Switch:

Printed codes in boxes with crappy font where "1" could be "I" or "0" could be "O" aren't always as clear as they could be. So Nintendo took a different approach, and disabled the I, Z, and O keys on the code entry page and simply NEVER uses those letters.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The music is still bouncy, and animals still pop out.

Pop out into a hellscape of war where cities burn like the Middle East, because Robonik lusts for a world of fire and brimstone apparently. The mood is off. The one level in Generations that was a destroyed city with lava everyone was absolute trash, but the rest of the game was perfect. I hope the whole game is just bright-rear end 90s colors and this is just a skippable cutscene that doesn't look like any part of the actual game.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Fox posted:

This is such a simple solution to an annoying problem, and I don't think I've seen it on any other consoles besides the Switch:

Printed codes in boxes with crappy font where "1" could be "I" or "0" could be "O" aren't always as clear as they could be. So Nintendo took a different approach, and disabled the I, Z, and O keys on the code entry page and simply NEVER uses those letters.

Playing metroid on the NES sure made me careful to write very oval zeros with a line through them and very square ohs with a dot in the middle

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Norns posted:

Shut up about the persona translation it's loving fine.

Persona 5 on switch please?

lol

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Sega should just make a new Streets of Rage game exclusive for the Switch because local coop with single Joycons would work great and would be PERFECT for the Switch

Failing that someone should make a racing/battle royal hybrid video game based on SYFY's Blood Drive with random NPC crazies and innocents to feed into your engine for fuel

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 31, 2017

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Sega should just make a new Streets of Rage game exclusive for the Switch because local coop with single Joycons would work great and would be PERFECT for the Switch

Failing that someone should make a racing/battle royal hybrid video game based on SYFY's Blood Drive with random NPC crazies and innocents to feed into your engine for fuel

I've played a bit of The Takeover on PC, it's pretty Streets-ish and coming to switch
https://twitter.com/1TheTakeOver/status/850379716435509248

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

lol this is the most Nintendo thing ever. Just taking the dumbest way out possible.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

The one level in Generations that was a destroyed city with lava everyone was absolute trash

Actually Crisis City owned

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

lol this is the most Nintendo thing ever. Just taking the dumbest way out possible.

I'm confused, how is that dumb?

It's a very elegant solution and probably less expensive than recalling and reprinting a bunch of cards.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Actually Crisis City owned

It's one of the best stages in the game despite coming from the worst game in the series.

The part of classic Sonic's stage where the tornado carries away the goal ring is great.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's a very elegant solution and probably less expensive than recalling and reprinting a bunch of cards.

Yeah, it's just disabling a few characters in code generation versus changing how their cards are printed.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
That really isn't dumb at all. It's not like it limits key generation for Nintendo severely since they have a bunch of other characters they can still use.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

TFRazorsaw posted:

Having built a few similar systems, it's a good, and common, practice to not use those ambiguous characters. What's neat is because Nintendo also controls the text input they could take the extra step of presenting that custom keyboard.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

You chose...poorly

Nah they're pretty bad on the whole

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
sonic? on my nintendo? lol. i fought and lost people in the console wars of the 90's. we didn't win that just so we could play hedgehog games on our perfect systems. :colbert:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

sonic? on my nintendo? lol. i fought and lost people in the console wars of the 90's. we didn't win that just so we could play hedgehog games on our perfect systems. :colbert:

there are now games with Mario AND Sonic both in them, friend.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

The war ended a long time ago. Humans and hedgehogs have made peace. You need to move on.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr. Fetus posted:

The war ended a long time ago. Humans and hedgehogs have made peace. You need to move on.
Is Mario even human? The residents of New Donk City are ~66% taller than him and differently proportioned. Are we sure he could breed true?

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Manky posted:

I've played a bit of The Takeover on PC, it's pretty Streets-ish and coming to switch

X-Perts 2 lookin good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Manky posted:

What a disgustingly ugly game. The art just does not match up to those graphics at all.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What a disgustingly ugly game. The art just does not match up to those graphics at all.

Why do you hate plastic so much

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Oxenfree is getting a Switch release. Hard to explain it without spoiling the plot but it's a neato indie mystery horror game.

It does the Telltale thing where when you beat it it shows a pie chart of what the most common dialogue/quest choices were picked and compares your playthrough against everyone elses. Would've been neat if New Vegas had this mechanic

Oxenfree is extremely good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

can't wait for my new friends Yono the elephant and Travis Touchdown to be in the next Smash Bros

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

can't wait for my new friends Yono the elephant and Travis Touchdown to be in the next Smash Bros

Rabbids will get in first. :unsmigghh:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hot take Rabbids are good and Mario XCOM owns

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Sooo I went to ShopKo with a friend as he needed to fill up a prescription and checked the electronics section for a Switch as a co-worker was looking for one. They had a tag so I brought it to cashier and during the checkout process it knocked the price by 20% down to $240.

Didn't question it and looked at the receipt afterward and saw they have the Switch marked as a clearance item so it automatically took 20% off. Anyway, worth checking ShopKo for Switches if you want a deal.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'd rather get a Rabbid Mario than Doctor Mario, Gold Peach, or Dark Pit

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dr. Fetus posted:

Rabbids would have been better than cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

hey, something i wanted on the switch!

now, where's Armageddon.

• Locked thread