Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I might have to impulse buy this if it's in the $10-20 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Evil Fluffy posted:

$60

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DLC Inc posted:

I heavily endorse the Gunvolt games as they are the real Megaman successors over Mighty No. 9 and are incredibly fun.

Okay but, CAD $55.99 is just such a kick to the nuts for a 3DS game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

Okay but, CAD $55.99 is just such a kick to the nuts for a 3DS game.

It's two 3DS games

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Welp so much for that.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Holy gently caress Gunvolt is fun.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can you explain it a bit? I watched it during SGDQ but it was fast and kind of hard to follow what was going on.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is Mario even human?

Yes. What's the 2017 PC word for "midget" so I don't get banned from something awful dot com

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

enojy posted:

Yes. What's the 2017 PC word for "midget" so I don't get banned from something awful dot com

White Short Round

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Welp so much for that.

Sorry, I'm not saying that's confirmed how much it will cost. I'm just being a little pessimistic...

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Sorry, I'm not saying that's confirmed how much it will cost. I'm just being a little pessimistic...

I remember looking at the newest Worms game on Xbox and seeing that it was priced about $20 more than I would have liked. I think they were $40?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

enojy posted:

Condensed person

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

enojy posted:

The late, great, Billy Barty used the term "little people" when he founded the Little People of America organization.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

Pop out into a hellscape of war where cities burn like the Middle East, because Robonik lusts for a world of fire and brimstone apparently. The mood is off. The one level in Generations that was a destroyed city with lava everyone was absolute trash, but the rest of the game was perfect. I hope the whole game is just bright-rear end 90s colors and this is just a skippable cutscene that doesn't look like any part of the actual game.

I'm sure all those animals I freed in the chemical plant, oil ocean, flying battery, lava reef, and Titanic Monarch zones are juuuuuuuuust fine.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the city on fire in Sonic Forces isn't any worse than the opening stage of Sonic 3 being set on fire.

The very next stage is literally Green Hill but mechanized so I don't really think you need to worry about it being super dark.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

the city on fire in Sonic Forces isn't any worse than the opening stage of Sonic 3 being set on fire.

The very next stage is literally Green Hill but mechanized so I don't really think you need to worry about it being super dark.

Where does Infinite fall?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

he's Saturday Morning Cartoon edgy, like most versions of the Shredder and Batman villains.

I mean he looks like a Noivern and shoots cubes at people

Nodosaur fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Aug 31, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Evil Fluffy posted:

Might be more around $30, considering it has all the expansions included in the pack and some more. Anyway, they did a Twitch stream where they featured the Switch version in more detail.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Where does Infinite fall?

Infinite is what grade-school us came up with for Shadow, so he's DeviantArt-Dark.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

TFRazorsaw posted:

I think the more important point is, we've only seen like 2 zones total from forces. Sonic team makes dumb decisions sometimes, but I think lack of variety in their zones would be a new one for them.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
golf story

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

:great:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have never, not one single time, cared about a golf video game that didn't have Waluigi in it.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The Bloop posted:

I have never, not one single time, cared about a golf video game that didn't have Waluigi in it.

You must be too young to have played Geometric Golfer

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
when will we get a fresh new doki doki panic

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Mario X-COM is a better game than Splatoon 2.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/tiyuri/status/903228417801256965

Stardew witch sequel when?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm sure all those animals I freed in the chemical plant, oil ocean, flying battery, lava reef, and Titanic Monarch zones are juuuuuuuuust fine.

Sonic literally blows up an oil refinery in Sonic Mania and the entire second act is a burning hellscape where you slowly suffocate from smoke inhalation until you temporarily clear the air. Honestly I am glad that Sonic Forces is leaving it all on the table and just flying the antifa flag as explicitly as possible. More politically conscious in 2017 than Taylor Swift.

Norns posted:

Hot take Rabbids are good and Mario XCOM owns

I was actually smiling at some of the Rabbid slapstick and contemplated whether I had suffered brain damage or should seek out the films of Jerry Lewis

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tap my mountain posted:

You must be too young to have played Geometric Golfer

Nope, I was in high school when that came out apparently, but this is the first I've heard of it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

THIS WHEN

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Unfortunately that sneak peak has not tided me over.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Few minutes ago I got home to find my Brook Super Converter PS3/PS4 to Switch waiting for me. Some first impressions of using it:

First thing, had to update it out of the box for the latest firmware, what it comes with doesn't have motion control (though it's advertised on the box). No biggie, plugged it into the PC (the updater is Windows only fyi) and it took 1 or 2 minutes to update.

Second thing, I had noticed some wicked input lag before updating the firmware and was sad that after updating, it was diminished but still awful. Motion control does work, and precision feels about on par with joycons, but the noticeable delay between inputs and action on screen made the one game of Splatoon 2 I played feel like I was fighting underwater. To be honest, it sucked, the performance is unusable as-is.

Miscellaneous thoughts: this does require using your PS3/PS4 controller wired at all times, fine with me but definitely another limitation. It also supports USB fight sticks, but I don't have one yet to test.

Soo right now it's $35 kinda down the drain but I'm going to keep my eye out for firmware updates.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756WNZ5L/

fe warriors special edition preorder is up on amazon.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i'd rather be playing a much different kind of game on the switch, like Pit People. I would like that a lot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Al Borland Corp. posted:

All those zones are bright and happy though (dunno about Titanic Monarch since I haven't gotten there yet), like cute chaos. It's hell, but it's adorable which is where the tone between games is different.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oil Ocean with its fires and choking chemical smog and flaming platform launchers and warships and everything

adorable

right

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mario + Rabbids has no right to be as great as it is. You dun did good crying Ubisoft man ya dun did good

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING

Manky posted:

Few minutes ago I got home to find my Brook Super Converter PS3/PS4 to Switch waiting for me. Some first impressions of using it:

First thing, had to update it out of the box for the latest firmware, what it comes with doesn't have motion control (though it's advertised on the box). No biggie, plugged it into the PC (the updater is Windows only fyi) and it took 1 or 2 minutes to update.

Second thing, I had noticed some wicked input lag before updating the firmware and was sad that after updating, it was diminished but still awful. Motion control does work, and precision feels about on par with joycons, but the noticeable delay between inputs and action on screen made the one game of Splatoon 2 I played feel like I was fighting underwater. To be honest, it sucked, the performance is unusable as-is.

Miscellaneous thoughts: this does require using your PS3/PS4 controller wired at all times, fine with me but definitely another limitation. It also supports USB fight sticks, but I don't have one yet to test.

Soo right now it's $35 kinda down the drain but I'm going to keep my eye out for firmware updates.

Thank you for the honesty. You saved me money and time. I was going to get this hooked up for a buddy of mine, but I will wait and see. Let us know if you do ever get it working in a workable way that isn't too laggy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

NBA 2K... perfect for the Switch
https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/903340333936857088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
League of Evil was always my loving jam on my iPhone back in the day. I think it will be great on the Switch and will gladly purchase it again at $7. Anyone tried it here yet?

• Locked thread