Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.

H110Hawk posted:

Correct. What level are you interviewing for?

Is there a way for me to find that information? It's at least a level 4 because it's salary and appears to be targeted at someone college grad+mid career so maybe level 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Agrikk posted:

Hey everyone,

I'm now back from vacation and be able to finally get to all of your emails and resumes and will be contacting y'all this week.

My apologies for the delay. I know this is people's careers on the line here...

Shot you an email.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Curious, what should I expect out of the Amazon Onsite interview?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Tab8715 posted:

Curious, what should I expect out of the Amazon Onsite interview?

Expect four individual hour-long interviews with four groups of different people. Probably they'll be about leadership, one about executive function, and then 2 on your core competency.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

eonwe posted:

Thanks! Ill keep an eye out!

OK backfill for Tech Support in our Dallas office just went up:
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/sr-techical-support-agent-1190

Looks like they're also hiring a similar position for the other products we support:
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/technical-support-agent-1189
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/tech-support-agent-1185

1190 should be more focused on our Authentication line, so 2-factor authentication stuff (enter your token code, what's your mother's maiden name etc).

1189 and 1185 are for our PKI side, which is more server and cert security.

If anyone ends up completing a submission and wants to pass me your name I can ask HR to keep an eye out for your resume. I don't check this email often but I'll keep an eye on the inbox for the next few days: 77777thatsfivesevens at gmail

Peristalsis
Apr 5, 2004
Move along.
Two positions are opening up at the Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center at the University of Wisconsin, in Madison:
http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/496084/ (The person hired for this job will probably end up being my officemate)
http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/496083/

Note that the minimum salaries are just that - minimum. There's a pretty wide pay range for most positions, but apparently there's some HR rule that discourages posting ranges. If you're an attractive enough candidate, you could conceivably be hired on at a substantially higher salary than the ones listed here (like tens of thousands higher), at least for the non-lead position. I'm not sure how flexible the lead develper position is - I'd imagine it's similar, but I won't swear to it.

We have gone through (and are still going through) some changes, both in personnel and structure. We recently learned that we'll be getting 5 more years of funding from the Department of Energy, though we don't know the exact funding level yet due to the current chaos in the federal government. Also, this team currently has two interim supervisors, who share responsibility for managing things. That isn't ideal, but it's working out better than I thought it would. That said, I'd hope to have a permanent person in place around the end of the year (but as far as I know, they haven't even posted a job listing for that position yet).

For the foreseeable future, I expect that we'll continue to focus on building and improving our home-grown replacement for the commercial LIMS system that we have used for years (and that all the users hated), as well as taking on other, smaller projects from time to time. We use Ruby on Rails, but if you have any sort of MVC web application development experience (Python with Django, Java with whatever framework is fashionable for it now, etc.), we can work with that. Having some genomic, biological, or other scientific knowledge is a plus, but is not required. If you haven't done web development, but have substantial other kinds of dev experience (network applications, mobile development, or even console apps), feel free to apply - you'll just need to impress us a bit more. We'd prefer not to have to teach you everything from SQL to HTML to the aesthetics of web design.

We're a pretty laid back group. Right now, we have 3 developers at UW, two at another campus, and an hourly student intern. There are also 4 or 5 network/sysadmin/hardware type folks in the larger group. It's a public sector job at UW, so nobody here is getting rich, and nobody will expect 60 hour workweeks. It's not a sinecure, however, and we do want competent, capable people - we just don't mind if they have a life outside of work. The benefits at the university are pretty decent - nothing that would impress most Europeans, but better than most private companies in the US.

Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions, or want more information. Or just upload a resume, apply, and see what happens.

Peristalsis fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 5, 2017

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Salt Fish posted:

Expect four individual hour-long interviews with four groups of different people. Probably they'll be about leadership, one about executive function, and then 2 on your core competency.

What's the best way to prep and primarily on the first two.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Tab8715 posted:

What's the best way to prep and primarily on the first two.

Think about a coworker that you had who you hated. Meditate about why they were miserable. Then, think about a coworker you really respected and what it was that you liked about them. Read their leadership principles twice and say three hail marrys.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Takes No Damage posted:

OK backfill for Tech Support in our Dallas office just went up:
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/sr-techical-support-agent-1190

Looks like they're also hiring a similar position for the other products we support:
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/technical-support-agent-1189
https://jobs.entrustdatacard.com/jobs/tech-support-agent-1185

1190 should be more focused on our Authentication line, so 2-factor authentication stuff (enter your token code, what's your mother's maiden name etc).

1189 and 1185 are for our PKI side, which is more server and cert security.

If anyone ends up completing a submission and wants to pass me your name I can ask HR to keep an eye out for your resume. I don't check this email often but I'll keep an eye on the inbox for the next few days: 77777thatsfivesevens at gmail

Thank you, Ill take a look now!

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Alzabo posted:

Please confirm thread, I am doing the correct thing by not giving them any numbers before the on-site interview? The first numbers really discussed should be their initial offer after deciding they can't live without me?

One the one hand, Amazon asks for numbers to see if you fit the role and uses the expected range as a sanity check. But no, don't give the range. Nail the interview, make Amazon want you, then make them offer what you are worth.

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008
(Please let me know if this is the right thread to post this!! Not sure if there’s a separate thread for internships or for more software dev, non-IT positions )

Education: Rising Junior at Columbia University, studying CS. I have a previous degree in Political Science from Boston College (graduated in May of 2011).

Experience: spent two years programming in C/C++, and Java in the course of my studies. I also teach CS in NYC schools part time using MIT’s Scratch platform, and work in Linux/Unix for personal projects. Also know a little bit of python for scripting. I have a github that I can share on request.

What I'm looking for: Internships, ideally in mobile development but I’m open to practically anything in software development. I’m just eager to work with production code and get some mentorship from more experienced developers.

Where I'm looking: NYC, LI, most places in the tri-state area.

When I can start: Aiming for full-time Summer 2018 internships but I am also interested in part-time Spring 2018 internships.

Can be reached via: PM, or email at cpt2132@columbia.edu

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Thanks everyone for the CV submissions! At this point I'm pretty sure I've responded to everyone who reached out to me.

If you have contacted me and not heard back, please reach out to me again and I promise that I won't delay (school has started so no vacations in my future...)

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Job Seeker

Education: Self Taught

My Experience:
Working in game development since 2012.

1.5 yrs of objective-c

c# from 2013-Present

Light java experience

Launched a game Interstellaria on steam (30k units sold) which was a solo project (art/code/etc.. everything but music which was contracted out). 3 year project.

Currently developing a new game, Duster, in my spare time.

What I'm looking for: Would love remote work, or local. Work in the game development field a huge bonus. Contract work ok

What I'm NOT looking for: Short term contract work.

Where I'm looking: Portland, OR. Vancouver, WA, Longview WA

When I can start: ASAP

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Looking for an IT person in LA for 3-6 months for a provisioning job. It's basic and a foot in the door. We are looking for some one who basically knows a little bit about AD and can follow directions. Pay is 20-25 an hour. PM me for details.

sirspen
Sep 10, 2010

Agrikk posted:

Thanks everyone for the CV submissions! At this point I'm pretty sure I've responded to everyone who reached out to me.

If you have contacted me and not heard back, please reach out to me again and I promise that I won't delay (school has started so no vacations in my future...)

Hey Agrikk, I sent you an email at Agrikk<at>gmail<dot>com but I have not heard back at all. I sent a 2nd email about a week ago. Just wondering if you got it. My email is my username @gmail.com.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

Job Posting

~40minutes from Philadelphia during rush hour traffic.

Who We Are:
Monstrously large and growing asset management company that thinks it's a software company as much of what we provide is essentially SaaS.

What We Need:

A mid-level Linux Sysadmin.
o A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in creating technical documentation.
o Solid understanding of RHEL
o Experience in programming configuration management and automation.
o Experience with messaging technologies such as WebSphere MQ, SWIFT or FIX is desirable.
o Familiarity with planning and executing DRs, migrations etc
o Strong leadership and troubleshooting skills - you must be able to take charge and lead during an outage.
o Any experience with Hadoop is a huge plus.

Why Work Here?
+Decent salary, bonuses, employee stock purchase program.
+Stable and growing company.
+Small friendly US team. The entire group is ~80 but you will be part of the Delaware team which is ~10 people.
+Good growth potential. You will interact with pretty much every single other IT group in the firm and have an understanding of their work; we are big on internal mobility.
+Follow the sun on-call schedule - we won't wake you up at 3am.
+You will get to work on a wide variety of technologies.
+You can have decent work/life balance if you just focus on the operational aspect of what we do.

Why NOT Work Here?
-On-Call Schedule yes it follows the sun, but if you're on call which will be at least 20h a week you absolutely have to be in the office either between 11am-3pm, or 3pm-7pm in the summers or 10am-2pm, 2pm-6pm in the winters once DST kicks in - or be a hero and just do a full 8H oncall shift and get it over with in 2.5 days. If you're not on call you can WFH if you don't suck at it. Somebody does have to work holidays and weekends.
-This is an operations job supporting an overwhelmingly critical environment - doing 500 things right is overshadowed by a single mistake that causes an outage. Care and attention to detail is paramount - everyone makes mistakes but good luck explaining why you rm'd the wrong directory.
-This is mostly a support position; engineering projects come and go and won't fall into your lap on their own - but the bread and butter is tickets, phone calls and outage troubleshooting and other generally mundane sysadmin tasks.
-Much of what we support is in-house software, if you're just looking to build your resume, you won't score all that many keywords here.
-Work can totally take over your life if you get heavily into engineering or onboarding projects - and you'll need to if you want to move up.

Interested?
PM me or email agloukhoff@gmail.com and I will have HR reach out to you officially or provide even more detail.

HIRED.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 18, 2017

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Looking for an IT person in LA for 3-6 months for a provisioning job. It's basic and a foot in the door. We are looking for some one who basically knows a little bit about AD and can follow directions. Pay is 20-25 an hour. PM me for details.

Sent you a PM

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Looking for someone who knows how to build a website good, to build me a webcomic site with a (hopefully) fairly simple feature.

Happy to pay as long as its cheapish. (again, hopefully its not a lot of work.)

Need a quote basically. PM if your interested.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

BoneMonkey posted:

Looking for someone who knows how to build a website good, to build me a webcomic site with a (hopefully) fairly simple feature.

Happy to pay as long as its cheapish. (again, hopefully its not a lot of work.)

Need a quote basically. PM if your interested.

What you are looking for is a WordPress skin. It's going to be several hundred to start and at least a thousand if you need a logo done. You might want to take your creative side to a WordPress skin building tutorial and see if you can hack it yourself. Otherwise there are threads in samart where I believe you can buy this sort of thing.

I cannot do it myself.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

H110Hawk posted:

What you are looking for is a WordPress skin. It's going to be several hundred to start and at least a thousand if you need a logo done. You might want to take your creative side to a WordPress skin building tutorial and see if you can hack it yourself. Otherwise there are threads in samart where I believe you can buy this sort of thing.

I cannot do it myself.

Ah nah I have put together a wordpress site myself before with a comic skin over the top. That poo poo aint hard and Im not looking for anything as indepth as that. Or maybe a need a feature added to the the webcomic wordpress skin. As for design Im all about that so I dont need any help with logos and poo poo. I really need a quote on a feature.

And the feature is I need the next few (3 to 5) pages preloaded so they are ready to go when the reader clicks next. It sounds pretty simple but I actually have no idea if it is or not.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

BoneMonkey posted:

And the feature is I need the next few (3 to 5) pages preloaded so they are ready to go when the reader clicks next. It sounds pretty simple but I actually have no idea if it is or not.

In that case check out "WordPress prefetch plugin" and see what you get. Most of what you want though is to cache your pages server side though so that there is nothing dynamic happening per page load. That is what makes a website snappy.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

H110Hawk posted:

In that case check out "WordPress prefetch plugin" and see what you get. Most of what you want though is to cache your pages server side though so that there is nothing dynamic happening per page load. That is what makes a website snappy.

Ah dope, thanks dude.

I did put the comic up on a quick Tumblr comic skin.

https://testcomiclala.tumblr.com

The style of comic I have made makes it painful to read without near instant click through.

BoneMonkey fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 17, 2017

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
yup

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 11, 2022

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Looking:

EE Degree: PSU (Penn State)
Comp Sci Masters: Johns Hopkins

C# 10 years, including lots of weird stuff like reflection for a production system and lots of PInvoke.

Python, Java, SQl, TCL...etc I can learn whatever.

TS SCI Cleared.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Plinkey posted:

Looking:

EE Degree: PSU (Penn State)
Comp Sci Masters: Johns Hopkins

C# 10 years, including lots of weird stuff like reflection for a production system and lots of PInvoke.

Python, Java, SQl, TCL...etc I can learn whatever.

TS SCI Cleared.

Where are you located?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Walked posted:

Where are you located?

Just outside of DC

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Plinkey posted:

Just outside of DC

Send me your contact info at Setash at gmail

I'd be happy to chat and offer a POC with my company - same area.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Looking:

NLP computational linguistics phd, publications in classification/clustering, primarily using nltk/scikit-learn, focus on feature selection and data structure to improve authorship/genre classifiers (but the techniques are applicable to any sort of data, really).

10 years python/prolog/java research work, experience with various SQL and NoSQL databases and interacting programmatically with them from python, php, whatever.

2 years writing primarily python for a network analytics company, recently bought by Nokia. Lots of data wrangling, high-throughput multi-stage data pipelines, work with pandas dataframes. A fair bit of hdfs cluster administration/troubleshooting, mostly on AWS instances.

I'm in the Ann Arbor/Detroit area, but I could be convinced to go elsewhere.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Looking!

SysAdmin with 2 years experience, 6 months on helpdesk. Sec+ certified. Experience with Windows, O365, onprem/hybrid/migration Exchange. VmWare 5.5-6, server 2003-2016. Supporting around 250 users.

Looking for something in Boston MA or Phoenix AZ, but I'm willing to consider other places. Not expecting a ton, but willing to do whatever

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Plinkey posted:

TS SCI Cleared.

I've been told this means you get free blowjobs from multiple government contractors as part of a competitive bidding process for your skills, is that not the case?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Hey, serious Comp Sci types, quick question: is it ok to rep a friend in here? A buddy of mine needs work and he's basically a goon who never discovered SA.

e: Also he's a computer guy

Grand Prize Winner fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 26, 2017

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Hey, serious Comp Sci types, quick question: is it ok to rep a friend in here? A buddy of mine needs work and he's basically a goon who never discovered SA.

e: Also he's a computer guy

you should buy him an account then!

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I just might. Should I tell him to post an introduction thread in GBS?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

baquerd posted:

I've been told this means you get free blowjobs from multiple government contractors as part of a competitive bidding process for your skills, is that not the case?

Basically, if you match the skill set that they are looking for and they don't have to pay for your clearance.

E: if you already have a clearance you're not going to cost the company nine months to a year of salary at like 150k while you sit around and don't work on the things they hired you for.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 26, 2017

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

MJP posted:

Who we are: A media company, headquartered in another state. The company has radio, TV, and publishing clusters in I think 9 cities in the US. Another division of the company has also recently developed an Android app that allows you to listen to live radio from stations around the country.

Where we are: This office is in NYC in the West Village, with easy and fast walks from Christopher St. PATH stop, Houston St. 1 train stop, or West 4th B/D/F/M/A/C/E stop. There's also a few parking garages nearby if you want to chance Holland Tunnel traffic.

What we're looking for: A part-time (3 days a week or thereabouts) 1st tier helpdesk/desktop support. You'd be working with me (senior sysadmin) as your supervisor and my boss (director of integrated technology) as your manager. My boss is your boss, so you don't have some weird two-manager situation or whatnot. 1-3 years experience in some form of full-time end-user IT support minimum. As much as I'd like to be a mentor, we need someone who can come in understanding how to do the job.

The job will be part-time, and come the start of the new fiscal year in March 2018, if the company's done well enough, we'll look at making it FT.

It's an AD environment, 95% Windows 7 PCs, eventually moving to Win 10 with a rollout of new equipment. Remaining 5% are Macs on OSX 10.10.5 and I think 10.12.something. MS Office, basic PC hardware/software troubleshooting, networked printers and a few direct attached ones, other basic things. Building systems using SCCM and a spec document (it's step-by-step, just follow the doc and you'll be fine), ensuring built machines are adhering to all internal audit requirements, AD account management, and other basics. The job description is still being developed and we haven't posted it yet anywhere, so when it's finalized I'll post here again.

What we're not looking for: The previous candidate had problems showing up late or not at all, and only calling or emailing the boss about it halfway through the day. We would occasionally have to have a talk with him about his body odor. He would also over-promise and under-deliver, leave tickets idle, and while he would fix things and respond to them, he didn't do so reliably. We need someone who is the opposite of those, someone who knows how to deal with different personality types. There aren't serious lawyer/trading-floor Type A people, but we need someone who's got the balance right between soft skills and technical skills.

We're basically three radio stations, so the culture is very laid back. It's really a very big family, so if you're a shirt-and-tie kind of person, it may not work out, but once you get used to things here it's very easy to relax and actually enjoy your job. Plus you'll work for a goon who tolerates and encourages spending your downtime as you like it, so long as the work and projects/tasks are done.

Benefits: I'm not sure what benefits are being offered for a part-timer and will update once I find out. Monthly office-wide catered lunch meetings with huge amounts of really good food, promo swag, hip-hop luminaries in and out of the office, no dress code (you can wear a T-shirt and jeans whenever the hell you want, I'm wearing a loud Hawaiian shirt while writing this). Pay is hourly, probably in the $18-$22/hr range DOE.

PM me your email or post it here and I'll reach out.

Made some changes since 2-4 weeks turned into 2-4 months thanks to a hiring freeze. It's now PT.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Looking for some contract or temp work...

Education:
B.A. in something related to media

Experience:
2 Years as a sysadmin for a small business
3 Years for a startup in a variety of roles, mostly network engineering and sysadmin
Cisco, HP, Aerohive, Ubiquit, Dell routers/firewalls/switches.
macOS, Windows 7-10, Fedora, centOS deployment/configuration/administration.
Active Directory, freePBX, Exchange, various MDM, VMWare.
HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, Wordpress, Apache.
Also, my startup just got bought out, so I have experience navigating the waters of a corporate takeover and technology integration.

Where:
Chicago or remote

What I'm looking for:
Some temp/contract gigs to help squash some debt. Startup/small business would be fantastic. If there is something unpleasant that you really don't want to do, I'm your man. I am very resourceful and thrifty, so I would also be a good tech consultant.

Maybe you are a small business who needs to get a VPN up, or a basic AD domain. Maybe you just purchased 150 new laptops and need them imaged and configured. Maybe a simple website for your restaurant.

Or heck, maybe you need someone to set up solid WiFi in your Lincoln Park mansion.

What I'm not:
I would prefer nothing related to the finance industry

When:
Whenever

Reqs:
Temp or contract outside of normal 9-5 since I have a full time job

PM please

a_pineapple fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 7, 2017

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

Position filled FINALLY

a_pineapple fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 17, 2017

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

Job Posting

~40minutes from Philadelphia during rush hour traffic.

Who We Are:
Monstrously large and growing asset management company that thinks it's a software company as much of what we provide is essentially SaaS.

What We Need:

Two entry level Linux Sysadmin.
o A four-year degree specializing in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
o Solid understanding of Linux fundamentals.
o Programming experience in at least one of the following: Java, Python or Perl or shell scripting experience.
o Basic understanding of SQL

Why Work Here?
+Decent salary, bonuses, employee stock purchase program. (And the later isn't a minor thing as the stock price has almost doubled in the past 4 years)
+Stable and growing company.
+Growing friendly US team. The entire group is ~90 but you will be part of the Delaware team which is ~15 people.
+Good growth potential. You will interact with pretty much every single other IT group in the firm and have an understanding of their work; we are big on internal mobility.
+Follow the sun on-call schedule - we won't wake you up at 3am.
+You will get to work on a wide variety of technologies.
+You can have decent work/life balance if you just focus on the operational aspect of what we do.

Why NOT Work Here?
-On-Call Schedule - 4h shifts so you're not always stuck working evenings - it follows the sun, but if you're on call you absolutely have to be in the office 10am -2pm or 2pm– 6pm during winter DST and 11am -3pm, or 3pm-7pm during the summer. Somebody does have to work holidays and weekends -but our team is large enough that we generally find volunteers who want comp days.
-This is an operations job supporting an overwhelmingly critical environment - doing 500 things right is overshadowed by a single mistake that causes an outage. Care and attention to detail is paramount - everyone makes mistakes but good luck explaining why you rm'd the wrong directory.
-This is mostly a support position; engineering projects come and go and won't fall into your lap on their own - but the bread and butter is tickets, phone calls and outage troubleshooting and other generally mundane sysadmin tasks.
-Much of what we support is in-house software, if you're just looking to build your resume, you won't score all that many keywords here.
-Work can totally take over your life if you get heavily into engineering or onboarding projects - and you'll need to if you want to move up.

Interested?
PM me or email agloukhoff@gmail.com and I will have HR reach out to you officially or provide even more detail.

HIRING 2 MORE. Yes. I keep hiring.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 20, 2018

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Job Posting

Preferably in the US but we're also hiring globally. Large emphasis on DC if you have a clearance. Work is entirely remote or traveling to client sites so as long as you're near an airport you're good.

International cities we're hiring in:
  • Paris, France
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • Ultrecht Netherlands
  • London, UK

Who We Are:
Up and coming enterprise NoSQL database company that's signing large contracts with top banks, governments, healthcare providers, etc. We're still under 500 employees so that means we're generally punching above our weight class when it comes to the contracts we're landing. Fortunately everyone here across all levels of all departments is incredibly smart and hard working so things have been going well. We had our final fundraising round back in 2014 and have been cash positive for quite a while now. We're still pre-IPO / buyout though so get in while the getting's good.

What We Need:
We're looking for senior consultants who will be leading customer engagements through all phases of a project life cycle. You must have prior consulting experience. Unfortunately we can't be flexible on that requirement. You'll also need a strong programming background and experience with database design. NoSQL experience isn't necessary but is a plus- will help you with the ramp up training.

We have an expanding pipeline and are looking to fill a few positions. We're very conservative with hiring though so once these positions are filled it will probably be a while until we open up again. If you're interested do not procrastinate reaching out to me.

Why Work Here?
  • Very competitive pay. Quarterly bonuses, spot bonuses, MBO bonuses, stock options, etc
  • Work is very interesting and sometimes groundbreaking. All of our customers are big and solving big problems. Some of these problems are things that can now only be solved due to our tech being available.
  • Company has a bright future. We're one of those moron companies that actually makes a useful product and charges money for it. Crazy.
  • Very good work culture here. No 'tech bro' bullshit that you see in some other startups. Everyone here is an adult.
  • Management is incredibly competent and engaged at all levels. Lots of recognition both verbal and in hard cash.
  • Tech we're building and deploying is borderline revolutionary. Will let you decide on that though. Get the chance to get in on the ground floor of something that could be very big.

Why NOT Work Here?
  • TRAVEL. 75% travel. Realistically will be closer to 50% but you have to be willing to do 75%. On rare occasions it can be 100%. This is the big one that filters out most of our promising candidates. Lots. of. travel. If you're a consultant already you know the drill so this shouldn't be a surprise to you.
  • Niche technology. I'm of the opinion that our tech is going to continue to flourish and this is a very good niche to settle into, but not everyone will be comfortable with that gamble. I regularly have recruiters hitting me up on linkedIn asking specifically about my experience with this technology. So it's a niche that's in demand.
  • The other cons are more just generic consulting gripes. If you're in the industry already you know what to expect. As long as you're ok with the consulting lifestyle there genuinely aren't any other major cons with this job. Management is solid, pay is very good, lots of emphasis on career development and technical training, etc.
  • 401k match is a bit ehh

Interested?
PM me or post an email so I can reach out to you. We can have a call so I can give you more details / give a brief screening just to be sure I'm not about to throw you into something way over your head.

PIZZA.BAT fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klenath
Aug 12, 2005

Shigata ga nai.
Posting closed! Thanks to all who applied!

Klenath fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 24, 2017