Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ugh I randomly checked and it was in stock... why... WHY

Sold out again by the time I finished.

Also wtf is up with this 1TB garbage? Does it use the same HDD as the PS4?

Guillermus posted:

For big hands you can buy the Nacon revolution wich is even bigger than the DS4 and has the xbox layout (and still cheaper than the elite). Razer has a big one too for PS4.

No cordless=no bueno. Thumbstick extenders helped.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I thing Gamepass is only worth it if you're really into indie games and have missed all the GwG's up to this point, since alot of those titles feature in that list.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ugh I randomly checked and it was in stock... why... WHY

Sold out again by the time I finished.

Also wtf is up with this 1TB garbage? Does it use the same HDD as the PS4?

No cordless=no bueno. Thumbstick extenders helped.

700 worthless canadian dollars

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Exactly. With Trump threatening to dump NAFTA again, it's the responsible thing to do to spend all my money as quickly as possible.

A two bedroom condo costs $700,000+ in my city, so this is actually a real good deal.

And other such rationalizations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Buy 1000 xbox and live in them

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

Buy 1000 xbox and live in them

Buy the giant prop Xbox One they used for the Dead Rising promotion.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

limaCAT posted:

Buy the giant prop Xbox One they used for the Dead Rising promotion.

That was actually right by my place. Somehow that brilliant marketing campaign didn't work on me despite buying an og xbox and 360 at launch. Mostly because none of the tv/spworts stuff ever worked outside of the US and A.

https://twitter.com/XboxCanada/status/395610160208433152

The famous Nintendo Switch rooftop party was no more than a few blocks away too.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Finally, something interesting in Vancouver.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I did not win an Xbonx. My toilet won some upcoming horrors, though.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Your first sentence is at least a relief to your toilet bowl, knowing that the horrors going into it could have been much worse.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

TheScott2K posted:

Keep going. Keep buying those boxes.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That was actually right by my place. Somehow that brilliant marketing campaign didn't work on me despite buying an og xbox and 360 at launch. Mostly because none of the tv/spworts stuff ever worked outside of the US and A.

https://twitter.com/XboxCanada/status/395610160208433152

The famous Nintendo Switch rooftop party was no more than a few blocks away too.

FINALLY
*runs to closet, digs out a CD-R labelled "Xbox is Huge Memes 01/23/04 - 07/16/04"*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
ReCore apparently just got a massive patch that improves a lot of loading times (especially respawning times,) puts in new weapon types like grenade launchers and split beams, a new (big-ish?) area and the 5th frame, the tank one, that you can ride on and cover more ground with.

Better late than never, but still, should have been like this out of the box.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

FINALLY
*runs to closet, digs out a CD-R labelled "Xbox is Huge Memes 01/23/04 - 07/16/04"*

Xbox is, indeed, huge memes

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
When I win the Xbox One X from Taco Bell I am going to rub it in ya'lls' faces.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

When I win the Xbox One X from Taco Bell I am going to rub it in ya'lls' faces.

The tacos?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I'm going to get an Xbox One X Xbox and continue using it primarily for YouTube and GTA Online.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

fishmech posted:

I'm going to get an Xbox One X Xbox and continue using it primarily for YouTube and GTA Online.

Gonna LoL at the nerd rage when every GTA V patch includes more expensive multiplayer cars and no Xbonx upgrades.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I played the Madden 18 "Be the guy" movie game mode (Longshot) and let's just say Spike Lee and NBA 2k should have their moviemaking licenses revoked. It was shockingly well done, and made me forget I bought Madden for the 300th year in a row.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I played the Madden 18 "Be the guy" movie game mode (Longshot) and let's just say Spike Lee and NBA 2k should have their moviemaking licenses revoked. It was shockingly well done, and made me forget I bought Madden for the 300th year in a row.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

ReCore apparently just got a massive patch that improves a lot of loading times (especially respawning times,) puts in new weapon types like grenade launchers and split beams, a new (big-ish?) area and the 5th frame, the tank one, that you can ride on and cover more ground with.

Better late than never, but still, should have been like this out of the box.

Is it worth the $19.99? Being one of the few Hdr games I was thinking of picking it up. I played the demo and it was intriguing as kind of a chill relaxing explorer type game.

Xbox's poo poo version of Nier Automata is what I gather it is.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blind Rasputin posted:

Is it worth the $19.99? Being one of the few Hdr games I was thinking of picking it up. I played the demo and it was intriguing as kind of a chill relaxing explorer type game.

Its more a collectathon platformer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Its more a collectathon platformer

Yeah. More shooting than Banjo-Kazooie, but there's an annoying gate near the end that needs over half of the available Maguffins. I made it to the last level and peaced out, too much collecting for my blood.

Blind Rasputin posted:

It's a shittier Metroid Prime, shittier because of the mandatory collecting.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looking at games coming out this fall/winter, choosing November 7 for xboxox release seems pretty dumb. The only "big" game left that I'm even a bit interested in after that date is Battlefront 2, and that's only if they fix a lot of things from 1.

For current Bone owners it makes no difference but for those of us who want to be lured back from Sony it means waiting a while to play all the big holiday releases. They really should have made it available by September at latest.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is anyone (besides Chris Christie) being lured over from PS4? People buying the Xbonx probably already have a bone and just want the new one. They will buy games on xbone, play them, then continue playing them on xbonx when it comes out and they download their cloud saves.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think the main market for the Bonx are current Boners in search of an upgrade and aging PC owners who wanna buy a decent midrange gaming system without dropping $500+ on a super hype graphics card.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Is anyone (besides Chris Christie) being lured over from PS4? People buying the Xbonx probably already have a bone and just want the new one. They will buy games on xbone, play them, then continue playing them on xbonx when it comes out and they download their cloud saves.

Thats how the pro sales went.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I think the main market for the Bonx are current Boners in search of an upgrade and aging PC owners who wanna buy a decent midrange gaming system without dropping $500+ on a super hype graphics card.

DF did some testing with Destiny 2 and found that you really didn't need much to hit 60fps on PC. At 1080p with almost max settings, this was achievable with a 750 Ti and a Pentium. As in, not an i-series, a Pentium G4560 is what they tested with. Sub-$200 for processor and GPU and you get double the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X framerates.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-what-does-it-take-to-run-destiny-2-at-1080p60

If you're a PC gamer but with aging PC you're probably cost-conscious and not someone who cares about going beyond 1080p60, and it's unlikely you'll suddenly decide to defect to Xbox and start paying $60 a year for multiplayer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I do think there is a niche for people who would otherwise enjoy playing games on the PC that don't want to fiddle around with installing new hardware or relentlessly tweaking their settings. A $500 proprietary Win10 machine that can run every current gen title at high to very high settings is good enough for them. I don't think it's a particularly huge slice of the market, but you can't underestimate the people who still prefer convenience to maximum performance. Destiny 2 is one isolated example of a particularly well-optimized PC port, but that is the exception rather than the rule in many cases.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I'm exactly that niche. I use a Mac for work/life and I can't really justify a whole other gaming PC, but I can drop $400 every ___ years (last gen being so long was a huge blessing for me). So I'll wait until the Xbonx drops in price a bit and get that if it seems like this gen will hang on.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I do think there is a niche for people who would otherwise enjoy playing games on the PC that don't want to fiddle around with installing new hardware or relentlessly tweaking their settings. A $500 proprietary Win10 machine that can run every current gen title at high to very high settings is good enough for them. I don't think it's a particularly huge slice of the market, but you can't underestimate the people who still prefer convenience to maximum performance. Destiny 2 is one isolated example of a particularly well-optimized PC port, but that is the exception rather than the rule in many cases.

The big issue is that console running high/very high launched a year ago for $100 less and with more games. It further narrows the hypothetical market who are ultimately settling on this specific console.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

But more power = better than. Much confuse!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

But more power = better than. Much confuse!

This is true, and why the Neo Geo AES outsold the SNES.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Once you've seen Minecraft running in true native 4k you'll never want to go back.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

To some degree I'd guess they are hoping to take some of the non-exclusive market away from Sony. Like, touting a higher frame rate or whatever to get people who own both to play on Xbonx, because afaik nearly every multiplayer game has a larger PS4 than Xbox install base atm.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Unless you're in North America and maybe the UK multiplayer games on the Xboner are a ghost town and that isn't going to change this console generation or the next.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

To some degree I'd guess they are hoping to take some of the non-exclusive market away from Sony. Like, touting a higher frame rate or whatever to get people who own both to play on Xbonx, because afaik nearly every multiplayer game has a larger PS4 than Xbox install base atm.

Everybody bought systems in the past 4 years

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

There's literally a hundred reasons to get a ps4 pro over the xbonx. I can't believe they're gonna end the year with just Forza 7(!) for the next 4 months. The switch at least can be played on the go.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
This Path of Exile skill tree is the funniest thing in video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

veni veni veni posted:

so far it seems none of the multiplats are actually going to a higher framerate than ps4pro though, just marginally higher resolutions