Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shame Leon doesn't doesn't really get someone like Irons. The reporter - Ben I think? - isn't memorable at all. Good line reading on "Make. Him. Pay!" though. Even though you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

CO CONSPIRATORS!!!

Ben's idea of locking himself in a jail cell while zombies and a big loving monster roams around? :discourse:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Resident Evil 7 only slightly fell short of sales projections too. It wasn't a colossal failure by any stretch for Capcom, just not quite as much as they hoped.

IIRC it was in the top 10 bestselling games this year in terms of digital sales or something, by all means it should be counted as a success for them

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Good soup! posted:

CO CONSPIRATORS!!!

Ben's idea of locking himself in a jail cell while zombies and a big loving monster roams around? :discourse:

"I ain't leaving this cell. Get outta here before you lead it right to me!"

Leon and Ada leave and Ben gets turned into a tomato salad by mutants anyway. Good job Benny boy.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

REmake2 better solve the massive plot hole of Ben getting incubated/punched in a cell with a single hallway leading to it, Birkin walking away, and somehow not running right into Leon coming down the same hallway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It better not

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kibayasu posted:

REmake2 better solve the massive plot hole of Ben getting incubated/punched in a cell with a single hallway leading to it, Birkin walking away, and somehow not running right into Leon coming down the same hallway.

Lol leon watches him explode and barely reacts,a loving giant cockroaches sprouts from ben and crawls towards the exit,leon does nothing just watches it,ada comes through the door that the cockroach ran towards and is like "huh so uh what was that all about?" ignoring the exploded body behind leon.

Oh and the giant monster got out of a single door hallway,i like to imagine he was huddled in the corner and leon just ignored it cause it's clearly a retard. lol

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Oh and the giant monster got out of a single door hallway,i like to imagine he was huddled in the corner and leon just ignored it cause it's clearly a retard. lol

It looks like in the original RE 2 alpha version, the hallway was still there, but instead of holding cells it leads to a shooting range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5at2ExPalc&t=2508s

Also originally Leon and Ada were supposed to fight a giant zombie ape in the parking lot area where they first meet. I'm kind of sad that got cut even if it makes no goddamn sense at all.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 29, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vakal posted:

It looks like in the original RE 2 alpha version, the hallway was still there, but instead of holding cells it leads to a shooting range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5at2ExPalc&t=2033s

Also originally Leon and Ada were supposed to fight a giant zombie ape in the parking lot area where they first meet.

uh, so a giant zombie ape was just kinda chillin' in a parking lot? i can get behind that.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Vakal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5at2ExPalc&t=2033s

Also originally Leon and Ada were supposed to fight a giant zombie ape in the parking lot area where they first meet. I'm kind of sad that got cut even if it makes no goddamn sense at all.

It seems like every other video I see of these builds has something completely new and weird that I've never seen before.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Kibayasu posted:

What plot hole? He clearly just crawled up the laundry chute to the clock tower on the 3rd floor of the police station. :smugmrgw:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

It seems like every other video I see of these builds has something completely new and weird that I've never seen before.

I don't know if they were like that in original unreleased game files, or just something added by the restoration team as a joke, but the name tags on the dogs kennels are "Rocky", "JoJo", "Claire" and "Piers"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mogomra posted:

What plot hole? He clearly just crawled up the laundry chute to the clock tower on the 3rd floor of the police station. :smugmrgw:

But that's where Leon starts from! There's only two things that make sense. Either Birkin ran like hell very quietly out of the cells and into the kennels/sewer or he hid under one of the cell beds and ran into the chessboard lock room when Leon was in the safe room.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Kibayasu posted:

But that's where Leon starts from! There's only two things that make sense. Either Birkin ran like hell very quietly out of the cells and into the kennels/sewer or he hid under one of the cell beds and ran into the chessboard lock room when Leon was in the safe room.
We don't know how flexible Birkin's body was at that point, maybe he just squished through a vent somewhere?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Vakal posted:

Also his hidden tortue taxidermy room behind his officer.

Seriously, you would think that someone would have raised an issue sometime during the years before the outbreak of the chief of police constantly having dead animal carcasses transported into his office.

who are they gonna report him to?
the police?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

Haha I totally forgot that part. Obviously the wild laundry chute ride took longer than it seemed!

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Lol leon watches him explode and barely reacts,a loving giant cockroaches sprouts from ben and crawls towards the exit,leon does nothing just watches it

This is what always bothered me so much about that cutscene. Leon sees a monster go full-on chestbursters in a shower of blood and gore and scurry away, and..... does not react at all. He doesn't raise his gun, he doesn't make an exclamation, he doesn't even recoil. (And don't tell me the game was sophisticated enough, they use the 'backing away' animation to show characters recoiling in other cases.) He just blankly stares at it as it crawls away.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Backhand posted:

This is what always bothered me so much about that cutscene. Leon sees a monster go full-on chestbursters in a shower of blood and gore and scurry away, and..... does not react at all. He doesn't raise his gun, he doesn't make an exclamation, he doesn't even recoil. (And don't tell me the game was sophisticated enough, they use the 'backing away' animation to show characters recoiling in other cases.) He just blankly stares at it as it crawls away.
It was just too much for him to handle, so he froze up. Making one-liners is his way of never freezing up again.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It was just too much for him to handle, so he froze up. Making one-liners is his way of never freezing up again.

New theory: Hunnigan in RE 4 & 6 is not a real person but just a mental creation of Leon's in order to give himself rational guidance in a insane world after the events of Raccoon City broke his mind.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Speaking of RE2, is that group still piecing together a version of RE 1.5 that is playable from start to finish? I remember a YouTube channel that had some intriguing updates of what they found in the code, particularly about what direction the story was going in by translating some of the intended Japanese subtitles iirc, and the idea of Irons as a rational dude trying to help you out is a hell of a turn away from the finished product

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
WHERE THE gently caress MY RE7 DLC

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Good soup! posted:

Speaking of RE2, is that group still piecing together a version of RE 1.5 that is playable from start to finish? I remember a YouTube channel that had some intriguing updates of what they found in the code, particularly about what direction the story was going in by translating some of the intended Japanese subtitles iirc, and the idea of Irons as a rational dude trying to help you out is a hell of a turn away from the finished product

I think they are but they've adopted the rarely seen tactic of "shut the gently caress up when making a fan game". I only ever hear what they're doing like maybe once every 6 months.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ah, that sounds good then tbh, I'm interested in seeing what the endings were like because they apparently left no real room for sequels, maybe it's just like "it was umbrella!!! Umbrella has been dismantled, case closed, everything is back to normal"

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Good soup! posted:

To be fair, it was locking himself in a jail cell and parking an immobilized police van in front of the cellblock door. It worked well enough that he survived the crap that happened to everyone in the rest of the building, but then Birkin shows up and that's game. You could point out here that Leon and Ada moved the van, but it's not like Birkin couldn't have; he had superhuman strength even in his first form.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Were some of those Leon lines cut from the actual game, or was that just 'flavor' dialogue strictly for the ad to get people hype about a zombie game?

I loved finding the letters/memos in the police station about the Chief. There's a few from a receptionist or something talking about accidentally bumping statues when cleaning and the Chief flipping his poo poo. The last one you find from her pretty much implies 'Welp, found the Chief's rape dungeon...'

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Kibayasu posted:

They kind of did in Darkside Chronicles by having Claire and Leon not meet Ben while he was alive. They enter that part of the station, hear Ben shouting, peek around the corner to see G1 Birkin shambling towards the kennels and decide to wait it out because hoooooly gently caress. Then when they find Ben he wrote out his file on his cell wall with...something

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Aces High posted:

They kind of did in Darkside Chronicles by having Claire and Leon not meet Ben while he was alive. They enter that part of the station, hear Ben shouting, peek around the corner to see G1 Birkin shambling towards the kennels and decide to wait it out because hoooooly gently caress. Then when they find Ben he wrote out his file on his cell wall with...something

Diarrhoea?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

LadyPictureShow posted:

Were some of those Leon lines cut from the actual game, or was that just 'flavor' dialogue strictly for the ad to get people hype about a zombie game?
Flavour dialogue for the ad. Sounds nothing like Leon ingame :U

I was playing RE2 last night (Claire A) and holy loving Christ did RNG troll me hard during the last Birkin fight. Normally he's dropped in what, roughly 15 Acid Rounds over both forms?

Nope. 17 + another 7 or 8 Flame Rounds on top of that. Seriously, like what the gently caress? I know there's an upper/lower threshold for damage but this was just bullshit. To rub it in further, the fucker wouldn't flinch at all no matter what; usually he at least sort of stumbles around a bit during his four-armed phase when hit by every other round or so, but instead he gleefully ignored all that nonsense and just floated toward me like a loving Hitler Ghost from Wolf3D, landing hits on me like I'd dropped my loving controller (which I very nearly did out of disbelief at this loving ridiculous event). If I didn't cram my inventory with healing items out of habit then I'd have been snuffed out in those opening 90 seconds and left feeling like the 150 minutes prior were a total waste of time.

loving bastard.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
More people need to play No Mercy RE5/RE6 co-op.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Lunethex posted:

Count me in for RE6. Does RE5 even have a co-op option for No Mercy?

DISCLAIMER: I'm a dumb loving mong who takes no account of mods (but will mindlessly join if they work)!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

http://steamcommunity.com/id/moontexture/

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Lunethex posted:

I only did one time and got kicked from the game for not keeping up. Didn't die, but I wasn't a pro I guess.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Mogomra posted:

I only did one time and got kicked from the game for not keeping up. Didn't die, but I wasn't a pro I guess.

this is such poo poo on PC there's already a dearth of players as is.

But I do admit I get really bothered when voice commands aren't being thrown out constantly.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
My favorite thing about Ben was that he locked himself in the cell, but opened it for an obviously mutated freak in order to get an interview.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

WHERE THE gently caress MY RE7 DLC

I sold my copy of the game last week, I've given up on waiting. If I knew the dlc was going to be this delayed I would have sold it a long rear end time ago. I guess I'll just watch it on youtube when it is released in 2041.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

blackguy32 posted:

My favorite thing about Ben was that he locked himself in the cell, but opened it for an obviously mutated freak in order to get an interview.

you gotta get that viewer engagement my dude

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Despite popular belief, Ben was the first LPer.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Vakal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5at2ExPalc&t=2508s

i guess if you take outbreak file 2 in to account those zombie apes being everywhere does make a little sense.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Added, now I can be even more useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

i guess if you take outbreak file 2 in to account those zombie apes being everywhere does make a little sense.

That brings to mind my biggest complaint about RE 5. The lack of virus infected wildlife.

I mean, the game is set in an area with some of the largest and unique animals on earth, yet the only thing they bothered to include were just regular sized crocodiles, more dogs, and a generic giant crab spider.

It was such a waste and they could have done some really neat things like having an infected bull elephant instead of just reusing a gigante for the vehicle section, or going crazy with something like a giraffe that could split its head and neck into multiples
like a hydra.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 1, 2017