Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
loooooool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZgLFhNhD0g

New Breakdown from Zirene regarding Longzhu vs. SKT game 4. This is how you play an early game focused comp. The fact that Cuzz didn't base for a good 3 or 4 minutes just to set up those dives top is crazy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It seems so obvious, but the amount of times I've seen a team pick an early game comp and not go aggressive to hammer home the early advantage is ridiculous. Also I never noticed watching the game how huge the Jayce advantage was, 3 levels and double the CS and gold at 9 minutes is an insane lead.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Thought I might start watching LoL again after not playing for a couple years and I'm checking out the new champs and this tree-man Ivern seems cool as heck. Any good pro matches with him?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

FillInTheBlank posted:

Thought I might start watching LoL again after not playing for a couple years and I'm checking out the new champs and this tree-man Ivern seems cool as heck. Any good pro matches with him?

He was a fixture a while back then got nerfed through the floor and hasn't been seen since. Also apparently every pro jungler hates playing him because he's like a support hardwired into the jungle.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

njsykora posted:

He was a fixture a while back then got nerfed through the floor and hasn't been seen since. Also apparently every pro jungler hates playing him because he's like a support hardwired into the jungle.

Any good series you remember him being in?
I did play mostly support before ARAM came along and brought joy into my LoL play time.

Leagues own website is missing the last 3 champions :psyduck:

Vapor Moon fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 31, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

FillInTheBlank posted:

Any good series you remember him being in?
I did play mostly support before ARAM came along and brought joy into my LoL play time.

Leagues own website is missing the last 3 champions :psyduck:

Not really, like I remember some sick early game tangleseed ganks but in terms of total presence on the game Ivern isn't exactly the sick playz type which probably explains why no-one wants to play him.

Also League's website is hopelessly out of date for actually current info.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

It seems so obvious, but the amount of times I've seen a team pick an early game comp and not go aggressive to hammer home the early advantage is ridiculous. Also I never noticed watching the game how huge the Jayce advantage was, 3 levels and double the CS and gold at 9 minutes is an insane lead.

I dunno if Kkoma realized what a dogshit level 1 comp he was drafting, but it effectively cost them the game. Blank easily gets muscled out of red side by level 1 Taliyah/Gragas/Jayce, he can't get a blue leash without putting his bot in serious danger against pre-nerf Caitlyn and Thresh, and Bdd is just permashoving in Faker's Corki 100% of the time, making trying to steal red insanely dangerous. Cho'Gath does eventually beat out Jayce, but he needs jungle pressure (or, at least, the implied threat of jungle pressure) to be able to farm early on. Longzhu forcing Blank to hug his botside (which then also got dumpstered by Pray/Gorilla) meant that Khan could play as aggressively as he wanted with zero repercussions.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

njsykora posted:

Not really, like I remember some sick early game tangleseed ganks but in terms of total presence on the game Ivern isn't exactly the sick playz type which probably explains why no-one wants to play him.

Also League's website is hopelessly out of date for actually current info.

The biggest impact he had outside of being a second support in team fights was in his unusual jungle routes and ability to counter jungle, and I'm pretty sure the nerfs changed that aspect of Ivern pretty dramatically, so watching old professional vods of him isn't really useful for seeing how he plays now. Oh, and the vision denial that he had on baron/drag was pretty big and doesn't work the same way either now.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

To actually answer the question, try watching some G2 games from either spring or summer split 2016. Trick was one of the first players to pick him up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
LPL (China) finals start in around half an hour for those still awake. Their finals are always loving weird

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is the shittiest audio ever and I have no idea what the gently caress is going on

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy posted:

This is the shittiest audio ever and I have no idea what the gently caress is going on

but enough about pulse's casting...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im all of the people dancing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm glad that group from If You Think You Can Dance got work after their cameo in Azis Ansari's show

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Pulse being a taking head for 30+ minutes is the same season I stopped watching every match in EU.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Honestly rooting for RNG because I feel like Korean pros crippled and detailed China for years and there's so many good players in China right now that that aren't getting the recognition they deserve.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Can someone page Bond for his input on ezreal rn

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

loving Ezreal pick in the first game of the finals god I love Uzi

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
not watching unless cool + gogoing + vasili + that stupid bot lane that died all the time at s5 worlds + cute boy xwx are all playing

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Honestly rooting for RNG because I feel like Korean pros crippled and detailed China for years and there's so many good players in China right now that that aren't getting the recognition they deserve.
the flameingblack curse continues

E: what the gently caress is china

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

not watching unless cool + gogoing + vasili + that stupid bot lane that died all the time at s5 worlds + cute boy xwx are all playing

vasili plays sometimes for newbee and also sleeps nude in an oxygen tent and is no longer jacking it or having sex to restore his power.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
What a tragic dive

pope archibald
Jun 20, 2006

:420::350:DABS ALL DAY :350::420:
this is a wonderful bloodbath

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

vasili plays sometimes for newbee and also sleeps nude in an oxygen tent and is no longer jacking it or having sex to restore his power.

LFT LPL CN - 4K ELO ADC - NOFAP, VOLCEL

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

uzi never misses a Q wtf

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

wtf has pulse done to his hair

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

wtf has pulse done to his hair

his hair is more down than usual but i assume you havent seen him in over a year apparently?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

But why Evelyn

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

his hair is more down than usual but i assume you havent seen him in over a year apparently?
The is the first time I've watched LPL live and not a vod/highlight all year also that doesn't answer my question :colbert:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why did he pick lucian mid against cass when taliyah corki and (i think) malz are up

he just countered himself hard af

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

The is the first time I've watched LPL live and not a vod/highlight all year also that doesn't answer my question :colbert:

his hair is normally like this but all straight up like a mega ducks rear end

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

China is still Bronze solo queue with Korean Challenger mechanics.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

why did he pick lucian mid against cass when taliyah corki and (i think) malz are up

he just countered himself hard af

mid lucian is one of his specialty champs so he doesnt care about counter picks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

his hair is normally like this but all straight up like a mega ducks rear end
His hair is the second worst part of LPL only to his casting

e: I will never stop being thrown off by Froskurrin's NFL references

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 1, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

mid lucian is one of his specialty champs so he doesnt care about counter picks

ah ok

also mlxg has been playing super well on grag

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

c'mon RNG, 3-0 boys let's goooooo

e: that is one fat Cho'Gath

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Sep 1, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Uzi winning LPL and Pray/Gorilla beating SKT in finals would be such a great year for regionals. Looking for that miracle IMT and Misfits win too

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

xiaohu is probably the best mid in lpl right now, although if you wanted to argue for rookie i can see that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

xiaohu is probably the best mid in lpl right now, although if you wanted to argue for rookie i can see that too
Despite how well he's integrated with China I still think he'd be a top 3 mid in Korea with a full team that spoke his native language. Rookie is still a monster