Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

E Rank luck is befitting of me.

Pffft. That just means you don't have EX luck if you can't get an SSR in single ticket pulls like others are getting. Spend more money imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
15 tickets and all I got is the new 4* CE, two of those lame Runestones, and some silver servants to boost their NPs. Why did I let the hype tempt me to even roll? :negative:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I don't have money to spend on Quartz.

Bills and being out of work do that.

Blight Runner posted:

15 tickets and all I got is the new 4* CE, two of those lame Runestones, and some silver servants to boost their NPs. Why did I let the hype tempt me to even roll? :negative:

Pretty much this is exactly me, except I can't even raise the NP on one of the ones they gave me.
I didn't even really care about Kintoki, I really just wanted boring old Salter, I already gave up on getting SSR's a long time ago.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I have like, D-Rank luck where I can get SR servants, but only after multiple 10 rolls and it's never the Servant that's actually on rateup.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I somehow ended up with a moon lantern, two reverse dragon scales and a serpent jewel in three runs of 30 AP monster hunting today.

The scales were all I needed for Gil's final ascension, so that's probably the most luck I'm ever going to have in this game. All downhill from here.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gently caress me, burned all my quartz and got poo poo all.

The gacha rate is horrible in this game, just piles of lovely ce.

Oh god, six of that lovely runestone ce

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 1, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gacha games are about addiction, not fun.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Got my weekly summon ticket.
And another Rin's Pendant :(

Considering I've logged in continuously for like 50+ days this kinda feels like a kick in the face for how many hours I've put in (and I'm still only at like level 60~) I don't know how so many people get to 100+ so quickly.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm level, uh, 50 something.

I've never gone beyond a single Ascension for any of my Servants. And only like, 5 or 6 have undergone Ascension at all.

It's a slowass ride but I'm getting there, and I know Saber Alter is waiting for me at the top of the mountain, her hand outstretched so she can push me all the way back down to the bottom.

It's tough love, and it's tough to love.

I'm still able to beat dungeons without having to restart, or rely on Command Seals (except the final Orion dungeon, where I burned all 3 on NP recharges), so it's all good.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Gacha game gonna gacha.

I've had great luck on both 10-draws and spamming 10-20 tickets before on my main account, getting tons of great servants during the summer re-run, then absolute squat from the 2017 summer stuff, save for a lot of Helenas. My alt-account, meanwhile, has had middling luck but then drew 5/7 of the limited servants.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I don't know how so many people get to 100+ so quickly.

1/2 ap ember gathering

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
1/2 ap in the first week got me to 90+ just casually, with a whale's Jeanne basically soloing everything while I leveled up every couple of minutes. I had 500ish stamina overflow at one point.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the first 1/2 AP event they ran was a huge boost if you could take advantage of it. You wound up with level ups coming faster than you could spend AP so if you were nuts and ground hard it was easy to get to level 70+ and cap your main servants in just a few days.

I suspect this is why ember gathering isn't included in the current event. :v:

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
You could power through Master Levels even easier with half AP treasure vaults, since the rewards per AP are the same as ember gathering and the enemies are trivial even at the hardest difficulty. Only problem is it's so incredibly dull it'd make you long for the heady days of dango farming.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Asimo posted:

Yeah, the first 1/2 AP event they ran was a huge boost if you could take advantage of it. You wound up with level ups coming faster than you could spend AP so if you were nuts and ground hard it was easy to get to level 70+ and cap your main servants in just a few days.

I suspect this is why ember gathering isn't included in the current event. :v:

Ain't it included next week? Just QP this week, and then embers and ascension mats next week, no?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah, next week's just the monster hunting/servant farming missions. Which admittedly is still pretty drat convenient.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I caved and wasted all my stuff before the Okita gacha, but at least I got Kintoki...

And by all my stuff I mean 4 tickets :getin:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Yay I got the dude. Now to farm for all his poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Everyone posting about their success here makes me a combination of jealous and desiring to spend even more resources in what I know is a futile chase.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Pureauthor posted:

Everyone posting about their success here makes me a combination of jealous and desiring to spend even more resources in what I know is a futile chase.

If it makes you feel better, I burned about 240 quartz and 30 tickets on the summer banner in JP and only got 1 new unit out of the whole thing. And it wasn't even a 5*.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Don't envy me. I spend world money on these games that could have gone to Harvey victims. I'm a monster. :(

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

I couldn't persevere with saving quartz, was just too bored. In my last 10 roll I got 3 copies of "With one Strike" in one draw and jack squat. Got more 3* CEs than Servants even.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
people need to talk about their lack of good pulls and the amount of money they spend so I can feel better about myself, thanks

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I plan to stockpile like 600 quartz or so by Gudaguda in the hopes that I can get Okita (and maybe Emiya while we're at it.)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

people need to talk about their lack of good pulls and the amount of money they spend so I can feel better about myself, thanks
Burned six summon tickets and got junk.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pierson posted:

Burned six summon tickets and got junk.

i burned 21 summon tickets :sludgepal:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I spent 90 Quartz to get D'eon.

So.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

EzEight posted:

I couldn't persevere with saving quartz, was just too bored. In my last 10 roll I got 3 copies of "With one Strike" in one draw and jack squat. Got more 3* CEs than Servants even.

I think I got at least 10 of those..

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am preserving every last bit of quartz and summon tickets until there is a rate-up for Servant I actually want, so I have something like 300 quartz and 30 tickets stored, with still most Interludes undone. Outside of the beginning and tutorial 10x pulls and friend point pulls, I don't think I rolled the gacha in F/GO even once. :shrug:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now that I have a beatstick in Saber Alter it's time to save save save for Cu Alter.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I need a roll report from the $400 guy

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I've gotten 3 copies of The Black Grail. Who is this meant to benefit?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I've gotten 3 copies of The Black Grail. Who is this meant to benefit?

quote:

Casters with offensive NPs, since they can build their NP gauges so fast. Medea especially works great for it, especially since she can heal herself, but it works with the 3* aoe buster types too.
Robin Hood, Euryale, since they're arts-types with strong NPs. Same with Orion and Vlad, though Vlad's a little risky with it since he's a berserker.
Anne and Mary, when they're added.

also pretty much anyone paired with waver

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Welp, after spending 190 quartz (including £35 of paid quartz) yesterday and getting jack poo poo I decided to try my 6 summon tickets. It was kinda weird in that I got more good stuff in these rolls than all my previous quartz rolls since I started playing 40 odd days ago:

1st ticket- a silver saber that transformed into a golden saber which revealed itself to be Saber alter. I'm guessing the weird summon animation was a result of the rate up taking effect.
2nd and 3rd : 2 black keys craft essences
3rd: GOLDEN (!)
4th: The black grail craft essence(!!)
5th: Robin hood (ehh, already have at max NP)
6th: Artoria Pendragon (!!!)

2 5 star servants and 1 4 star from 6 tickets was quite the thrill. Just wish I had more saber and berserker pieces.

On that note, is it worth bothering to level up both Artorias or should I just focus on one for now? From what I can see Artoria has better stats and skills but Saber Alters Noble Phantasm is much stronger.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Focus an alter Saber she's better than vanilla saber

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Speaking of summoning animations, as far as I can tel there are 3.

Rainbow balls is 5*

Silver card reveal flipping to gold can be 4* or 5*

Gold card reveal is 4* or 5*

Does that sound right?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you have both regular and alter, invest in the latter first since it's pretty much the same thing for less materials and cost.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

cyxx posted:

Speaking of summoning animations, as far as I can tel there are 3.

Rainbow balls is 5*

Silver card reveal flipping to gold can be 4* or 5*

Gold card reveal is 4* or 5*

Does that sound right?

one more, the ring moving too fast and not staying at the edge of the screen means CE. Very frustrating.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
!

I think I realized, it's not that I'm unlucky on NA, it'S that I'm only lucky with 4-Stars. So far, I got:

- Hercules
- Atalanta X 2
- Stheno
- Nero
- Martha
- And now Salter

That's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Motto posted:

If you have both regular and alter, invest in the latter first since it's pretty much the same thing for less materials and cost.

If you Grail Alter she's basically better.