Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Suspicious Dish posted:

nah, don't focus on the memes, focus on his work and his talents. dude's upset and depressed enough as it is

https://imgur.com/a/Hb2Ic

o dang, i only knew that those speedrun convention folks didnt take him seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Suspicious Dish posted:

dude isn't worthless and, in fact, owns

actually, you dumbass, you total idiot, you raging moron,

quote:

Commons:Deletion requests/Files uploaded by Yoshi773
Images out of COM:SCOPE. Pictures of people should include all their face, not just foreheads. No indication of user's own work, three photos, three styles, one camera, otherwise no metadata.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

o dang, i only knew that those speedrun convention folks didnt take him seriously

wait, who, what? he's super legit i didnt know anybody from the speedrun convention had any beef with him

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

A fictional talking ham sandwich appeared in an online noir serial in the late 1990s, and the publishers sued in 1999 when a similar character appeared in a television advertisement for Florida orange juice, though the suit was withdrawn.[12][13]

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
[quote="“Suspicious Dish”" post="“475959576”"]
wait, who, what? he’s super legit i didnt know anybody from the speedrun convention had any beef with him
[/quote]

supposedly pannenkoek2012 was rejected as a joke submission for the same event someone was banned for doing an owen wilson impersonation? my brother was real mad about both of them at the same time

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

supposedly pannenkoek2012 was rejected as a joke submission for the same event someone was banned for doing an owen wilson impersonation? my brother was real mad about both of them at the same time

sever

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Chronicles:_The_Dark_Brotherhood#References

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The term "sixaxis" is also used to refer to the motion-sensing technology in PlayStation 3 controllers. It is a contraction of "six axis", which refers to the ability to sense motion in all axes of the six degrees of freedom. The name is a misnomer because there are only three axes: X, Y, and Z, which allows six degrees of freedom. It is also a palindrome.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haveblue posted:

The term "sixaxis" is also used to refer to the motion-sensing technology in PlayStation 3 controllers. It is a contraction of "six axis", which refers to the ability to sense motion in all axes of the six degrees of freedom. The name is a misnomer because there are only three axes: X, Y, and Z, which allows six degrees of freedom. It is also a palindrome.

not much of a contraction when you're only removing one space

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
:goonsay: 3 for translation 3 for rotation right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

:goonsay: 3 for translation 3 for rotation right?

small brain: there are 6 orthogonal movements the controller can detect

glowing brain: translation is not the same as rotation so "axis" is not the correct term here

cosmic brain: adding a redirect from "six axis" to "six degrees of freedom" to wikipedia

galactic brain: it is also a palindrome

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 1, 2017

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chips_and_dip#Double-dipping

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

as fun as it was to ridicule the "in popular culture" sections that thing is just a hollow shell without aseinfeld reference

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Schaal guest starred on The Simpsons May 8, 2011 episode "Homer Scissorhands" in which she plays Taffy, a love interest of Milhouse. She is incorrectly listed in the credits as "Kristen Schall". This prompted Simpsons writers to issue her a unique apology on the next week's episode in which Bart's chalkboard joke in the intro to the show states "It’s Kristen Schaal, not Kristen Schall." Schaal also appeared in a music video for Weird Al Yankovic's 2014 song "Tacky", a parody of Pharrell Williams's "Happy".

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

as fun as it was to ridicule the "in popular culture" sections that thing is just a hollow shell without aseinfeld reference
seinfeld isn't an anime so it wouldn't have been there in the first place

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

seinfeld is one of those shows I get reminded of after not thinking about it for months/years. like when i was in a local public library the other day, and i saw that the doors to the restrooms had big signs saying NO LIBRARY MATERIALS ALLOWED IN RESTROOMS. they wouldn't need to put up that sign if they had their tagging system set up properly :rolleyes:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
Slippery Tilde
hoverwife has never watched an episode of seinfeld (or friends)

p sure she's a robotic facsimile of a human

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
sexaxes would make a good name for a sex swing

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
At age 16, Sedaris worked at her local Winn-Dixie supermarket. She would make fake announcements over the loudspeaker, prompting the head cashier to confiscate the microphone. After work, she egged the cashier's car in protest. Later, as a cocktail waitress at Zanies Comedy Club in Chicago, Illinois, she was fired for being five minutes late. She took her revenge on her boss: "I took his keys, and I threw them in the snow. I heard he found them in the spring."[6]

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

sexaxes would make a good name for a sex swing

or for some next-level knifeplay gear i suppose

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Whale tail is the Y-shaped waistband of a thong or G-string when visible above the waistline of low-rise jeans, shorts, or a skirt that resembles a whale's tail.[1][2][3] Intentionally or unintentionally, a whale tail is exposed above the trousers mostly when sitting or bending, or even while standing. The frequency or occasion depends on the style of trousers, the style of underwear, and the way they are worn. Displaying whale tails became popular in the early 2000s, together with the rise of low-rise jeans and thong underwear. The trend, popularized by a number of female celebrities including Christina Aguilera, Victoria Beckham, Mariah Carey, Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, waned within the decade.

Specially designed trousers like low-rise jeans or hip-huggers and higher cut thongs led to greater exposure of the whale tail.[1][4] The trend was also associated with the trend of sporting lower back tattoos.[5] The word was selected by the American Dialect Society in January 2006 as the "most creative word" of 2005.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
A lower-back tattoo (also known as a tramp stamp)[1] is a tattoo that became popular among some women in the 2000s and gained a reputation for its feminine appeal. They are sometimes accentuated by low-rise jeans and crop tops, and are considered erotic by some.[citation needed]

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tankboy_TV

Not actually worthless, but I am furious that we're being out 'Murka-ed by foreigners.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

darthbob88 posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tankboy_TV

Not actually worthless, but I am furious that we're being out 'Murka-ed by foreigners.

quote:

the show's tagline "Girls, Guns and Tanks!" has become infamous with the politically correct.[1][2][3]

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

quote:

In 2008, a rabbinical ruling determined that giraffes and their milk are eligible to be considered kosher. The giraffe has both split hooves and chews its cud, characteristics of animals considered kosher. Findings from 2008 show that giraffe milk curdles, meeting kosher standards. Although kosher, the giraffe is not slaughtered today because the process would be very costly. Giraffes are difficult to restrain, and their use for food could cause the species to become endangered.[26][27][28]

this may not be worthless because i find it very funny

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

quote:

On May 8, the jury in the highly publicized case found Chase guilty of six counts of first degree murder and Chase was sentenced to die in the gas chamber. They rejected the argument that he was not guilty by reason of insanity. His fellow inmates, aware of the graphic and bizarre nature of Chase's crimes, feared him, and according to prison officials, they often tried to persuade Chase to commit suicide.[5]

Chase granted a series of interviews with Robert Ressler, during which he spoke of his fears of Nazis and UFOs, claiming that although he had killed, it was not his fault; he had been forced to kill to keep himself alive, which he believed any person would do. He asked Ressler to give him access to a radar gun, with which he could apprehend the Nazi UFOs, so that the Nazis could stand trial for the murders. He also handed Ressler a large amount of macaroni and cheese, which he had been hoarding in his pants pockets, believing that the prison officials were in league with the Nazis and attempting to kill him with poisoned food.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

man modern banking is weird

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Alan Tudyk as the voice of Dangerboat

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
In 2017, Corian marks its 50th Year with a whole new look, a whole new way of expressing brand beliefs and a new range of products and aesthetics.[10]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogo_(dog_type)

im the categories

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

I'm the well aged Bordeaux

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

i'm the bandogge

quote:

The term Bandog (also known as Bandogge) is believed to have originated in the Middle Ages in England. Johannes Caius published a book in Latin in 1570, translated into English in 1576 by Abraham Fleming under the title, Of Englishe Dogges, in which he described the Bandog as a vast, stubborn, eager dog of heavy body.[1]

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

chevy took it hard, getting fired from community, huh? :(

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
The 2002 TV film It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie has the buildings in an alternate reality where an angel shows Kermit the Frog what the world would be like had he never been born.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
The most immediate impact to television was the loss of David Angell, a co-creator and co-executive producer from the NBC show Frasier, who was among the passengers on American Airlines Flight 11.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
The Christian rap metal band P.O.D. released their album Satellite that day, spurring success for the album and its lead single "Alive" as having a positive message in the aftermath. Other bands associated with aggressive heavy rock genres such as nu metal and rap metal experienced a downturn in sales due to the attacks. These genres continued to decline in popularity during the following years.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

maskenfreiheit posted:

The Christian rap metal band P.O.D. released their album Satellite that day, spurring success for the album and its lead single "Alive" as having a positive message in the aftermath. Other bands associated with aggressive heavy rock genres such as nu metal and rap metal experienced a downturn in sales due to the attacks. These genres continued to decline in popularity during the following years.

omfg

shithead wikipedo who monitors this thread for anything funny and removes it

kill this with fire strong enough to melt steel beams

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

maskenfreiheit posted:

lol i remember the band anthrax put out a press release to announce that it did not condone the anthrax attacks

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

syscall girl posted:

omfg

shithead wikipedo who monitors this thread for anything funny and removes it

kill this with fire strong enough to melt steel beams

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

sorry it doesn't matter if you call them out though, they still do their horrible awful boring unpaid duty

and if you think 9/11 was why rap-rock and party of the dook died well, i totally respect your opinions

i really do

but there may have been another contributing factor around the turn of the millennium that makes sense and we'll always have your post preserving a counter-theory

filed in the LoC

didn't mean to offend