Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

flerp posted:

man can u have at least a bit of respect for me. i dont get to play scum game that often but im not THAT bad where i'd do a nk that bad.

What's wrong with the nk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, ##vote flerp

That post about the nk is really scummy in combination with the other post I quoted. He's fronting the issue of him looking scummy way too much.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

flerp (4): Podima, WrenP-Complete, GenericGirlName, merk
WrenP-Complete (1): flerp
Podima (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (1): 2 penny bottle imp

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 01st, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 5 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That looks like it was :redhammer:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:cabot: On Day 3, flerp, Cat-Aligned Vanilla, was sent to Uncle Jonny's Ranch! :cabot:

It is now Night 3. Please send in your actions ASAP.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:cabot: On Night 3, WrenP-Complete, Cat-Aligned Vanilla, was carried off! :cabot:

It is now Day 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (4): 2 penny bottle imp, GenericGirlName, merk, Podima

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 01st, 2017 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 25 minutes.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Son of a cat!

Merk I'm really suspicious about that hammer. 8 hours of discussion lost.

Since the game isn't over with 4 people left, that means there is 1 mafia left (2 would be game over).

If anyone has role based information, we are nearly in Lynch-Or-Lose territory here. If we no-lynch though, we get one more kick at the can. If we lynch wrong, we lose.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That was a mistake on the scum kill, I was just starting to talk myself into Wren possibly being scum.

2 penny, remind me - how much Mafia have you played?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

That was a mistake on the scum kill, I was just starting to talk myself into Wren possibly being scum.

2 penny, remind me - how much Mafia have you played?

Ive played a few forum games and a bunch of vanilla IRL games.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

And Wren, for future reference the continual reminders of how new you are to this was really suspicious. It was to the point that it felt like a request to be ignored under guise of innocence.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

:rip: me! Thank you for the advice/help playing, all. :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Looking back at coac's interactions with the unflipped players:

2 penny - town call on Day 2 "haven't done anything to make me think they're scum"
Generic Girl Name - light scum call Day 1 "might be in league with merk"
merk - pushed for quasi-lurking (meowing)/"panic-posting" Day 1, reiterated same Day 2
Podima - D2 tried to make a case against me based on Nevergirls voting me and then dying

Looking at others' interactions with coac:

2 penny - 2nd vote on coac, solid arguments against him
Generic Girl Name - hammering on coac, theoretically didn't realize he was the hammer
merk - never voted coac or mentioned him on D1, was not present at all on D2 when coac got turboed
Podima - I am a town hero and got him lynched :colbert:

Out of that, the weirdest thing to me is GenericGirlName trying to clear coac a bit before voting him (without realizing it was hammer):

GenericGirlName posted:

Just reading up to this post I would say I think coab is a newbie who's bristling at the vets dictating the pace of the game, but reading 2penny's posts and going back and rereading coac's posts from D1 I think there might be more going on here.

2 Penny's read of "He is waiting for town's permission to vote merk. Like with the near-lynch yesterday, he will only vote once his name isn't the most prominent." is interesting and I think its accurate. My only issue/question is why wouldn't he vote merk again today? If you post three or four times saying a person seems scummy and are on the day after a nolynch, why not recast you. This could be a newbie mistake (being afraid to vote D1 and his other D2 posts suggests he's been put on the defensive. In IRL Mafia games I've seen plenty of town get put on the defensive by early scum hunting and wind up basically lynching themselves with defensive behavior that gets capitalized on by scum) and he's overly focused on clearing his name/"not looking suspicious" etc. etc. But also could be the experience of an inexperienced scum, wanting to lead a vote without drawing as much attention.

fake edit: I look away for a moment and then there are all these posts.

##vote Cold on a Cob

merk not mentioning coac on Day 1 is a bit iffy but he was zoomed in on me, and wasn't around at all on D2 to comment.

Right now I think I actually feel a little worse about GenericGirlName than merk, but I want to do more rereading this afternoon. It's worth noting that coac tried to push a case on people based on the NK targets, so going to reread with an eye on NK targets and see who they might be trying to set up.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

Out of that, the weirdest thing to me is GenericGirlName trying to clear coac a bit before voting him (without realizing it was hammer)

Interesting to see looking back that the vote at the end is listed as a fake edit.

Theory: the post was intended to draw attention from coac, while looking 'reasonably suspicious' in case coac was lynched. Then on refreshing the thread before posting, generic wanted to be more clearly on the anti-coac side because the tide had turned against him.

The vote does seem a bit out of place in that context.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Of note - no lynching is not a terrible idea today, as you say, unless 3/4 of us can be fairly certain. If we mislynch today that makes it 2 town to 1 scum and that's endgame if they successfully get a kill off. No-lynching will make it 2 town to 1 scum tomorrow, so better odds if we're uncertain today.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

Of note - no lynching is not a terrible idea today, as you say, unless 3/4 of us can be fairly certain. If we mislynch today that makes it 2 town to 1 scum and that's endgame if they successfully get a kill off. No-lynching will make it 2 town to 1 scum tomorrow, so better odds if we're uncertain today.

Fully agree. Especially with only 5 hours left today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
NKs:

Night 1 - Nevergirls
- Fairly well all over the place D1
- Coac tried to set it up as a framejob on me/flerp

Cold on a Cob posted:

Is there value in looking at who Nevergirls voted for before he was carried off? Pod I notice that nevergirls voted for you a few times, before he landed on flerp.

coac posted:

I'm being "wishy washy" because I'm not convinced you're scum yet. I mentioned you because he did vote you twice, I mentioned flerp because that was his last vote. Penny and wren haven't done anything to make me think they're scum yet.
- NOTABLY Nevergirls ALSO mentioned GenericGirlName as a possible scum read, but coac left GGN out of his own post:

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

## vote flerp

- Posts feel fake-helpful
- Flip can help us learn about imp and merk and me I guess potentially
- hasn't voted

GenericGirlName also not great and can vote on them

both of you should vote for somebody

Mord voting nolynch is stupid

Night 2 - Mordiceius
- Went hard on 'of coac/wren, one is scum' Day 1' - is this why Wren was killed N3?
- Only D2 content was to vote coac

Night 3 - Wren
- Pushed coac D1/D2, pushed merk a bit D3 before swapping to flerp
- lol she quoted the exact same nevergirls post I did just above to make a point about maybe why they were the N1 kill, NICE!
- In retrospect I get what she was saying, nevergirls was the one pushing for a lynch D1 (i misread this earlier as her referring to coac)

I'm feeling pretty strongly about GGN, but for argument's sake I looked at the 3 kills' opinions on merk:
nevergirls was voting him on D1 (killed N1)
Mord refused to vote merk
wren was pushing merk early on D3 (killed N3)

hmmm.

Yeah I think I'm leaning no lynch. Want to see if both GGN and merk can contribute more today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

I'm feeling pretty strongly about GGN, but for argument's sake I looked at the 3 kills' opinions on merk:
nevergirls was voting him on D1 (killed N1)
Mord refused to vote merk
wren was pushing merk early on D3 (killed N3)

I'm not feeling this THAT strongly, FWIW (nevergirls pushed a bunch of people D1, and wren's 'push' on merk wasn't that strong to the point where she was easily talked out of it) but it lends just enough uncertainty to be worth noting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I knew it was hammer after I hit 'Submit Reply,' but I'm not that sorry about it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Podima is scum, guys. We can either not vote Podima and lose the game or vote Podima and lynch another scum. It's up to you.

##vote Podima

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh, you're right that we should no lynch with four alive and likely no town Doctor (Roleblocker flipped). I'm immediately voting Podima if I'm alive tomorrow though, so there's that.

##vote no lynch

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Oh, you're right that we should no lynch with four alive and likely no town Doctor (Roleblocker flipped). I'm immediately voting Podima if I'm alive tomorrow though, so there's that.

##vote no lynch

You're incorrect on multiple counts, friend, and have been for pretty much this whole game! Also just to make sure you don't gently caress this up at LYLO if GGN is the last scum and they take out 2 penny, I'm the doctor. I protected myself N1 and 2 penny N2, but not telling who I protected N3 to make scum sweat about who to try and kill tonight.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Podima posted:

You're incorrect on multiple counts, friend, and have been for pretty much this whole game! Also just to make sure you don't gently caress this up at LYLO if GGN is the last scum and they take out 2 penny, I'm the doctor. I protected myself N1 and 2 penny N2, but not telling who I protected N3 to make scum sweat about who to try and kill tonight.

Literally voting you out of the gate tomorrow if you don't kill me. a Town Roleblocker and Doctor with only a flipped Vanilla Scum so far? SOUNDS LEGIT, FRIEND

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You basically have to kill me anyway because you called me town, Mord called me town, and COAC tried to actually get me lynched on day 1. I hope the town votes Podima and wins the game tomorrow!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Podima, if you're actually a doctor, you should be screaming at me for wanting to no lynch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WHAT ARE WE DOING

##VOTE PODIMA

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Podima posted:

Bold claim.

At this point with a roleblocker flipped, 2 scum/ 9 players, I think a detective existing is unlikely. Which is unfortunate because the info would have been nice.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's GGN. They've been lurking The Game Room for the last half hour.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
merk, explain to me why no lynching is bad with a doctor in play - I may be missing something.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also remember, a Town Roleblocker is a neutral role since they can block both scum and town actions!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

merk posted:

Podima, if you're actually a doctor, you should be screaming at me for wanting to no lynch.

Why? Nolynch is a good outcome as the doc iant guaranteed to target town, meaning an immediate loss is possible on an incorrect lynch.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
But really GGN lurking and not saying jack poo poo screams terrified newbie scum to me.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Why? Nolynch is a good outcome as the doc iant guaranteed to target town, meaning an immediate loss is possible on an incorrect lynch.

Also :lol: at "YOU SHOULD BE SCREAMING AT ME" when there's only 10 min between your two posts for him to refer to what you've said.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
GenericGirlName, get your lurking butt in here and convince me it's merk and not you. That's pretty much your only chance here.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

:ghost: Let's Go Town, You Got This! :ghost:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Podima posted:

It's GGN. They've been lurking The Game Room for the last half hour.

Podima posted:

GenericGirlName, get your lurking butt in here and convince me it's merk and not you. That's pretty much your only chance here.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Ruh-Roh!

I don't like this type of meta-argument in general, but that's pretty damning.

I'd still like to wait for another day though, I think.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
First, I've literally won a game as scum by no lynching with a fake Doctor claim, holding the nk, and then being all 'I protected [someone] so it has to be [someone else].'

Second, if we actually lynch someone, Podima (if actually town) blocks a kill, then we get two lynches instead of one lynch. Also, lynching right now (if Podima is actually town), gives the doctor LESS TARGETS TO PROTECT THEREFORE INCERASING THE CHANCE OF B LOCKING THE NK HOLY poo poo PODIMA IS SO OBVIOUSLY SCUM WHAT ARE WE DOING

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm scum, except Mord was killed when he said he didn't think I was scum and COAC went after me d1 with actual effort. Can we please just remove me completely and focus in on the real scum : Podima?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

merk posted:

First, I've literally won a game as scum by no lynching with a fake Doctor claim, holding the nk, and then being all 'I protected [someone] so it has to be [someone else].'

How does this make sense? If Podima say, protects me, and then generic gets killed, that in no way proves who scum is. It gives zero such information

quote:

Second, if we actually lynch someone, Podima (if actually town) blocks a kill, then we get two lynches instead of one lynch. Also, lynching right now (if Podima is actually town), gives the doctor LESS TARGETS TO PROTECT THEREFORE INCERASING THE CHANCE OF B LOCKING THE NK HOLY poo poo PODIMA IS SO OBVIOUSLY SCUM WHAT ARE WE DOING

In a general sense I see your logic but (a) that relies on the doc targetting the correct person and (b) IT RELIES ON US NOT LYNCHING THE DOCTOR!

• Locked thread