Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fallout on a Nintendo console would be wild, provided they've hashed out that poo poo framerate enough to put it on a Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd rather have the classic Fallouts on Switch.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Stardew was submitted to Nintendo for testing! :dance: StardewSoon!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I think I might be the only person on Earth who likes Grape-Nuts

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
[quote="“LionArcher”" post="“475973057”"]
[/quote]

:kiss:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LionArcher posted:

CERTIFICATION FAILED
Reason given: Unfortunately this game was not perfect for the Switch

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

This is the game that I've been working on in total secrecy up till now. So far people seem really excited about it, so i'm pumped!

LionArcher posted:

yup, hopefully we won't have to wait too long to hear back from Nintendo.

Kernel Monsoon fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Sep 1, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hope your new magician harvest moon also comes to Switch, it looks neat

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
witch game when

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Stardew, then.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

It'd be cool if Stardew comes out before I go back to university later this month

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's great if you're 85 and/or like making GBS threads your rear end in a top hat off

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I like Cracklin' Oat Bran. The most old people cereal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

It's great if you're 85 and/or like making GBS threads your rear end in a top hat off

Boy do I

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Luckily in both situations the Switch is perfect to have.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So submitting to Nintendo for testing, is that just to finalize test to put it up on the shop, basically, or does that mean Nintendo will take a crack at testing it?

Considering the amount of shovelware on the Switch, I'll just assume the former. But Stardew does seem to be a pretty huge deal, so I dunno.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo just assures it meets their format specifications and junk

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Considering Nintendo were fine with releasing Troll and I as it was, I can't see the testing being too vigorous at all.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

CERTIFICATION FAILED
Reason given: Unfortunately this game was on Dr. Tim Whatley's must-have list

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Frankston posted:

Considering Nintendo were fine with releasing Troll and I as it was, I can't see the testing being too vigorous at all.

:lol:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Supernorn posted:

This is the game that I've been working on in total secrecy up till now. So far people seem really excited about it, so i'm pumped!

wait...

so the answer to "Stargoon when?" would be "all along"?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

I like Cracklin' Oat Bran. The most old people cereal.

Me too but its like half of your daily fat intake at breakfast

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

Me too but its like half of your daily fat intake at breakfast

Are you on a 200 calorie a day diet?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Yes i am 6 inches tall

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

CERTIFICATION FAILED
Reason given: Unfortunately this game was on Dr. Tim Whatley's must-have list

:negative:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Stardew Valley Wii U Edition

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Severe calorie restriction has been shown to greatly extend lifespan

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol

Supernorn posted:

Lol so Stardew was in the thread the whole time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Supernorn posted:

Does anyone on the team say "Stardew when?" if so I will die happy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What are the odds that Mario XCom gets an eshop sale in the next few months? Trying to decide if I buy it for the long weekend or just play the many other games I've got waiting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Tender Bender posted:

What are the odds that Mario XCom gets an eshop sale in the next few months? Trying to decide if I buy it for the long weekend or just play the many other games I've got waiting.

Zero. Play your other games, it's gonna be the same price for quite some time. Not going anywhere.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tender Bender posted:

Somewhere between 0 and never.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nintendo games take years to drop in price, even if they're bad, which that one isn't.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bongo Bill posted:

Nintendo games take years to drop in price, even if they're bad, which that one isn't.

It's an Ubisoft game so maybe it's more possible. I don't see being discounted for at least a year though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I think it being a Mario game trumps it being a Ubisoft game for price drop purposes.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
Donkey Kong Country on Switch when?!
Im playing Sonic and that's such a beautiful game, I want them to do the same with DKC. Not Returns, but like, actual rear end loving spritework. God drat is Sonic Mania loving beautiful.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Devoyniche posted:

Donkey Kong Country on Switch when?!
Im playing Sonic and that's such a beautiful game, I want them to do the same with DKC. Not Returns, but like, actual rear end loving spritework. God drat is Sonic Mania loving beautiful.

wanting to go back to silicon graphics sounds weird when Tropical Freeze was beautiful. Sonic going back to sprites works because it still looks great + that was the last time anyone thought Sonic was good

I'd absolutely want a new Retro DKC though

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

But the way DKC looks has not aged well. I do not think a psuedo 32 bit aesthetic would lift it any more than Returns or Tropical Freeze.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tropical Freeze is the nicest looking 2.5D platformer. I really hope Retro is working on a third one and that they bundle Returns and Tropical Freeze with it on Switch. Those games are so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

RVWinkle posted:

That show aired at like 4:30pm on weekdays. You be spoiling your dinner son.

The only thing I remember about the cereal was that it was so dry and sharp that it would cut my mouth to ribbons.

The show aired at 6:30am where I lived.

Judging by the posts in this thread there's a lot of Grape Nuts fans here.

• Locked thread