Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Seems like it has a lot of area denial potential. It already comes with the Suction Bombs and the gun itself has a lot of range. The question is, how well will the Bubble Blower work out in practice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Sub Power Up is one of those abilities that aren't necessary to have. For most subs it'll just give you a longer range, which is useful at some situations, but not something that really demands it. So what could it possibly offer to the Beakon?

The ability for anyone to super jump to them more quickly. Basically one main Sub Power Up translates to one main Quick Super Jump on the Beakon. That's an intriguing feature and something that could make a difference in some games.

There's even a video comparing the results although it's in Japanese - but you can clearly see the test results.

Close, but not quite! Here's their findings:

Any super jump with no power ups = 4 sec.

Jumping to a beacon placed with 3 main Sub Power Ups = 3 sec. (for self and all allies)

Any super jump with 3 main Quick Super Jumps = 2.67 sec.

So the Sub Power Up is not quite as powerful as a Quick Super Jump, but it affects anyone jumping to that beacon.
*If you have Sub Power Ups and jump to a teammate's beacon, you don't get the shortened time. It only applies to beacons placed by a player with Sub Power Up.

It would be interesting to see how they combine, and how quickly you could jump with maxed out Quick Super Jumps to a beacon placed with max Sub Power Ups.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Modus Pwnens posted:

Close, but not quite! Here's their findings:

Any super jump with no power ups = 4 sec.

Jumping to a beacon placed with 3 main Sub Power Ups = 3 sec. (for self and all allies)

Any super jump with 3 main Quick Super Jumps = 2.67 sec.

So the Sub Power Up is not quite as powerful as a Quick Super Jump, but it affects anyone jumping to that beacon.
*If you have Sub Power Ups and jump to a teammate's beacon, you don't get the shortened time. It only applies to beacons placed by a player with Sub Power Up.

It would be interesting to see how they combine, and how quickly you could jump with maxed out Quick Super Jumps to a beacon placed with max Sub Power Ups.

Yeah, that was what I meant, but clearly I wasn't articulate enough. Oh well.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

ooo a sweet new vest and an awesome weapon set this salmon run, thanks mr grizz

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I hope we get like, zinc head item to complete a lifesaver cosplay.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Trip report: The Brella loving owns on this map, especially during hightide.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Okay, this is ridiculous. I just cleared an entire trash mob and rezzed two teammates from across the map with the shield launch.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
With a nice pair of boots and the helmet you can look like a mighty miner squid.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh my god the Brella loving rules in Salmon Run.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fedule posted:

Oh my god the Brella loving rules in Salmon Run.

The brella rules in every game mode

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I like the life vest and I like it's still following the theme of stuff Mr. Grizz finds in the old work clothes bin and makes an "exclusive" item

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope we eventually get the overalls to wear in other modes.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Jade Mage posted:

I just bought this game yesterday, mostly because the OP made it sound like an absolute riot. Is there a bunch of stuff I should learn before getting into it, or can I just start painting things?

Like, is the effort post a few posts up something I should try to figure out, or will it just come with time?

*Note* I never owned a Wii U and so know nothing about Splatoon 1 or 2. I'm essentially entirely blind

They are pretty much right with 'just play', I'm barely ahead of you doing the same thing, never played 1, bought 2 a week ago. The single player makes you use each type of weapon and it's handy for getting the hang of things. It's not totally useless for MP either as you can get tickets that temporarily increase rewards from MP.

In turf war, I'd just kinda keep your head down and play. Matchmaking seems pretty non-existant in Turf War so you will get stomped and early on it will probably be your fault. The starting gun is not a joke despite what it looks like, so don't feel pressured to use a new gun if you like the Jr.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

The brella rules in every game mode

a good brella user can gently caress your day up in Splat Zones

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

Good morning, it's time to decide.
  • US and AU/NZ Starts September 1st @ 21:00 Pacific Time / September 2nd @ 2:00 AEST
  • EU Starts September 2nd @ 16:00 CEST
Splatfests will last for 24 hours.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Curious what the new Shifty Station will look like

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

Good morning, it's time to decide.
  • US and AU/NZ Starts September 1st @ 21:00 Pacific Time / September 2nd @ 2:00 AEST
  • EU Starts September 2nd @ 16:00 CEST
Splatfests will last for 24 hours.

Team Flight will show up ready to rock and rule the skies, Team Invisibility will all be arrested for indecent exposure.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

a good brella user can gently caress your day up in Splat Zones

Any points on that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ConanThe3rd posted:

Any points on that?

Use the shield to deny the other team inking the Zone(s).

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I'm thinking flight will be more popular so it's team invisibility for me!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/903671350593822720
Manta looks awesome at night.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

pokeyman posted:

This is the worst way to choose a side in a splatfest.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I feel like flight/invisibility is gonna be pretty even

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Team Flight will show up ready to rock and rule the skies, Team Invisibility will all be arrested for indecent exposure.

I'm excited for the first Splatfest that's tough for me to choose sides.

I'm ketchup-obsessed and not a loving weirdo, so my choices so far have been easy.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm ketchup-obsessed and not a loving weirdo

:thunk:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

pokeyman posted:

Lol if you think team invisible will be that less popular with Marina frontin'

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I have seen more flight then invisibility in my plaza, but when one team is invisible it's hard to see which one will be more popular :v:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Team Flight will fly team perverts to jail, where they belong.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Lost my first two rounds of Salmon run wave 1. I don't want to derank but I want to actually try the brella :cry:

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I picked invisibility because it's cool.

Shame on all that pick based on idol or popularity.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Dugong posted:

Lost my first two rounds of Salmon run wave 1. I don't want to derank but I want to actually try the brella :cry:

Don't stress deranking. Seriously. It's easy to climb back up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Not a Children posted:

Don't stress deranking. Seriously. It's easy to climb back up.

Ranked modes are less stressful when you realize it's just artificial and means nothing in the grand scheme of things, and you should just play because you're having fun, and stop playing when you're not having fun.
The only problem I have with it is the plethora of braindead teammates, but that seems to be something you somehow get across the board of every rank in every ranked mode.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Forge Splattershot Pro comes today at 19:00 PT. Set includes Suction Bombs and the long awaited Bubble Launcher special.

If I run into any of you this weekend, I apologize ahead of time for my brutality.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Rexroom posted:

Forge Splattershot Pro comes today at 19:00 PT. Set includes Suction Bombs and the long awaited Bubble Launcher special.

I was worried bubble launcher would only be on chargers, so I am excited about this.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Woomy

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?

NGYES

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP4pks9CtSE

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I picked invisibility because it's cool.

Shame on all that pick based on idol or popularity.

I was going to go flight but I don't know if I can support putting mayonnaise on cake.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Keiya posted:

I was going to go flight but I don't know if I can support putting mayonnaise on cake.

Good thing you're voting on flight vs invisibility then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

asked this in the discord once but didnt really get any response: whats a good general set of abilities for using with the sloshing machine? my previous set was special up and at times im considering just outright ignoring the sting ray,its so terrible.

for that matter, is there something specifically i should be doing with sting ray? i feel like i could just splat people normally in the time it takes to take them out with this thing.