Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Von Sloneker posted:

As long as we're talking about the Very Bad and Embarrassing

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Fatelancer/Black_Metal_Against_Communism/662345

Lyrics are, of course, typed in all caps.

You didn't post the best part, the promo shot of the band:

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
last week I learned about the existence of a metal band called "The misty woods of Kekistan."

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

quote:

YOUR WHOLE LIFE IS A SHAM
A MAN OF MYSTERY
PHOTOSHOP A FAMILY PORTRAIT
TO HIDE THE FACT YOU MARRIED A MAN

(it's about Obama)

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
What are the coolest black metal album covers? Picked up the Interequinox vinyl and it's gorgeous, looking to add some more to my collection.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not a cover but the slip case to Greyhaze's Sarcofago's complilation is great.

It's done by this guy whose art is top-notch for this genre.

http://www.graphic-noise.com/zbigniew-m-bielak

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

What are the coolest black metal album covers? Picked up the Interequinox vinyl and it's gorgeous, looking to add some more to my collection.

Don't buy albums based on their cover art. That said, aesthetics are important to BM.

There are a billion covers in the vein of Necrolord and romantic or medieval paintings, some of which are good (I really dig the ones Danny LaFever posted for example), but here are a couple that are a little different. I don't know if you can find all of them as vinyls.

Few do the "three dressed up dudes staring menacingly at the camera" right, but Cult of Fire does.

Would be "just" a classical cover if it was black and white, but the warm colors make this one stand out more.

This DSO cover reminds me of classical art but also clearly isn't. Captures a feeling of total despair really well somehow.

This Emperor is in the same common style that I mentioned above but it's just so drat simple and stylish. Marduk - gently caress me Jesus also goes here.

Another classic, Total Death. Lots of bands make music about space but most covers are either very cheesy (Midnight Odyssey), or they slap a monochrome Hubble telescope image on there and call it a day (Besvikelsens dystra monotoni), or they're just black, like space (Darkspace). This one captures the coldness and lifelessness of space, while still being interesting to look at.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
David Herrerias' art for Nightbringer and the related project Akhyls is great.

Nightbringer - Ego Dominus Tuus

Nightbringer - Terra Damnata

Akhyls - The Dreaming I

Some others I like for some reason or another.

Urzeit - Anmoksha

Anicon - Exegeses

Yellow Eyes - Sick With Bloom

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

This distro has a bunch of records with great art including that Cult of Fire one that I want to get: http://larval.storenvy.com/

Got my copies of both Caveman Cult albums there, good stuff.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

This is the best black metal album cover imho

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Smirr posted:

This is the best black metal album cover imho

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/bQjfiiS.jpg :nws:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Lol, wow. Yeah I was wrong.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Denis Forkas Kostromitin has done some nice stuff as well, often in the same vein of style as David Herrerias.

Kristian Wåhlin/Necrolord was responsible for a lot of early album covers. There's a number of artists who repeatedly show up, this can be good and kinda bad.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Kostromitin's stuff is neat. It isn't black metal but I'm fond of the cover art he did for Horseback.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I dunno, this is pretty high on my list of "Best" BM album covers.

It's never not hilarious. The alternative covers are way less hilarious than this one.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Detective Thompson posted:

Akhyls - The Dreaming I

I decided to listen to this because I found the album art very unsettling. The music is rather intense as well. Cool find!

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

joylessdivision posted:

lmao

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Always the right answer.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

It's never not hilarious. The alternative covers are way less hilarious than this one.

I thought that one said "Thorr's Hammer" at first and was like :wtf:

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I can't remember either album names, Blasphemophager has an amazing album cover that has this huge black hole renaissancesque painting, and Sigh has an interesting painting on their last or one previous album.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The Blasphemophagher one is also festooned with malformed dicks. It's real good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I'm disappointed that's not a bong.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

This is probably familiar to a lot of you already, but I stumbled across it last night and liked it a lot and wanted to share with those that haven't heard it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33TN43M4n48

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Cobra Commander posted:

I can't remember either album names, Blasphemophager has an amazing album cover that has this huge black hole renaissancesque painting, and Sigh has an interesting painting on their last or one previous album.

Sigh in general has a lot of interesting coverwork. In Somniphobia is the one that you're mentioning.

:stare:

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
yeeees

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

When?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
November

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
This exists and it may be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpLrXXiCEo

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Track from the new Yellow Eyes album.
https://gileadmedia.bandcamp.com/album/immersion-trench-reverie

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkF5jKONA9Y

Strong contender for best BM album cover

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:thunk:

Although the music is legit.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Yeah, that cover rules.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Is smiling but not a skeleton. :confused::confused:

Alright music, though.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Wolves in the Throne Room's new album is streaming here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1EOSgJwSY8

Only just now started listening, but it sounds promising so far.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

gently caress yes

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I was just listening to the normie radio for normies and they had a concert recommendation, which was for Zeal and Ardor. It included the words "black metal". I feel like I'm 14 again and someone was wrong on the internet, and probably also how I'll feel when that stupid Lords of Chaos movie comes out.

What part of "If you are a false don't entry" is so hard to understand :corsair:

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
zeal and ardor loving sucks and that project's popularity is inexplicable

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Smirr posted:

I was just listening to the normie radio for normies and they had a concert recommendation, which was for Zeal and Ardor. It included the words "black metal". I feel like I'm 14 again and someone was wrong on the internet, and probably also how I'll feel when that stupid Lords of Chaos movie comes out.

What part of "If you are a false don't entry" is so hard to understand :corsair:

Well he is a black guy playing metal :D

Also RYM and Wikipedia include black metal in their genre descriptors. Metal-Archives doesn't even include him, but M-A is gonna M-A

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well he is a black guy playing metal :D

Also RYM and Wikipedia include black metal in their genre descriptors. Metal-Archives doesn't even include him, but M-A is gonna M-A

who gives a drat poo poo what the head nerds at rym and wikipedia think

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

A human heart posted:

Listen here buster, I spent 10 years working my way up the corporate ladder so I could be Head Nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

RYM nerds are even more pedantic than regular metalheads so I find them trustworthy when it comes to genre classification