Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Kate was sitting behind me at the most recent Nova Pro show so she's cool with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

APW is running another cow palace show Nov 10th. They're advertising Mike Elgin, Rey Mysterio, Penta, Johnny Mundo and others.....and I'm out of town :cry:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

The best part is her being mad about a pwg guy word searching for PWG

tbf everyone assumes PWG is just Dragon and Excalibur and not a handful of other dudes like jubs

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm PWG

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

We
ARE
PWG!

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
By perfect large boy Jonah Rock is making his BOLA debut and I am excited.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
How do you watch BOLA? I've only ever watched sporadic recommended matches well after the tourney ended last few years.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
You're either there in the room or you buy the DVDs in a couple of months.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm PWG alright

A
Pretty
Weird
Guy

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
How was watching wrestling in an oven tonight?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

mamma mia it'sa hot in this oven

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Post bola details pls

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

WAKE UP WEST COAST

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ryback

pwg

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The crowd was horribly dead.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
PWG crowd finished the night extra crispy.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Excited to go tonight but doens't look like the heatwave is breaking today. Going to be gross again.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

for those of you wanting something to watch tonight, there's some kind of Burlesque meets Wrasslin on Powerbomb.tv hyped up by Ophidian and his wife. Gonna be watching and live tweeting.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
BOLA check-in:

https://twitter.com/MichaelLangan2/status/904231856924590080

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

so proud of dragon gate's dirty rowdy boy.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
https://twitter.com/JackHeartless/status/904231111500238848

:vince:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

completely forgot Kenny was booked

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Can anyone tell me what was the last WWN show Naylor commentated on?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pre-joey styles?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rovert posted:

Can anyone tell me what was the last WWN show Naylor commentated on?

SHINE 39

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
About halfway through night 3 and this is smoking night 2 and quickly rising up to best in-ring show ive seen live.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Interesting choice with the winner. Meltzer is swooning over the first 2 nights so it seems Nights 2 and 3 are crazy awesome.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

TUS posted:

Interesting choice with the winner. Meltzer is swooning over the first 2 nights so it seems Nights 2 and 3 are crazy awesome.

Thought Night 3 ended up definitely better than Night 2. Night 2 was really good but there have been better PWG shows this year imho (Nice Guys comes to mind).

Regarding Dijak vs. Lee because you're going to be hearing about it, for an athletic spectacle of big guys it was unbelievable and I thought best match of the tournament. For my tastes it ended up being a little over the top but it did get a healthy six star chant from the crowd at the end.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/905222806044016641

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
New CZW venue is already throwing shade at them. Here is the events the venue rents for:

"Semi-professional wrestling"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/OnPointWrestlin/status/905229738377191424

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zandig is dead put gage in the thread title

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

yeah

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Powerbomb.tv posted the first two Nova Pro Wrestling shows, so here's my rundown of the cards based on my bad memory. I've been in the front row for every Nova Pro show, and have never watched any video of the shows except some single matches on Youtube, so I can't necessarily comment on the commentary or camerawork.

I'll post a rating if I remember enough to note one, if not it probably means my default rating is "whatever" and you don't have to go out of your way to see that one. If they posted the match for free on Youtube I'll link it as well.

NOVA Pro Wrestling September 25, 2015 "NOVA Project" - Fairfax, VA (Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia)

1. Brandon Greene, Dominic D. & Shorty Smalls vs. BS Tiger, Naranja & Porkchop Jackson - FUN - This is the first appearance of your new favorite indy guy, Brandon "Money" Greene, who has a perfect waxed mustache and does a rich guy gimmick very well. Porkchop Jackson was great and I was bummed they didn't ever book him again.
2. Chet Sterling vs. Prakash Sabar - Prakash is the "X-Pakistani"
3. Beau Crockett vs. Bobby Shields
4. Arik Royal vs. Chase Owens - FUN - Going to see Chase Owens live like a month after I watched every BOSJ match in 2015 was the main reason I wanted to go to this show when I heard about it. I like Chase and Arik has grown into one of my favorites after seeing him every month at Nova.
5. Brandon Day & Jay Steel vs. The Bravado Brothers - Bravados are fun
6. Innocent Isaiah vs. Kacee Carlisle
7. Chucky Wynn & Sidney Porter vs. MIA & The Reason - Chucky Wynn has the Eugene gimmick, so this was bad
8. Logan Easton Laroux vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Tim Donst - GOOD - Sonjay was supposed to face Ethan Case but Case was injured, so they combined the top two matches into this trios match. It was good, and my first look at "The Champion of the 1%" Logan Easton Laroux. Laroux (Race Jaxon in Chikara) has been the top heel in Nova the entire time and the 1% gimmick is worthy of it. He does a really good job in Nova.

NOVA Pro Wrestling January 31, 2016 "Stay Vicious" - Springfield, VA (Annandale Sports Center)

1. Smith Garrett vs. Timmy Lou Retton - Timmy Lou Retton is very good, I am a big fan
2. Brandon Greene, Rayo, and Prakash Sabar vs. George Gatton, Dan O'Hare, and Jeff Cannonball - FUN - Next appearance from "Money" Greene. Jeff Cannonball is good too.
3. Brandon Day vs. Bobby Shields
4. Logan Easton Laroux vs. Chet Sterling - GOOD - Watched the Youtube post to refresh my memory, it was solid. I think I can generally recommend watching Logan.
5. Frankie Pickard vs. Arik Royal - Frankie's underrated and they haven't booked him lately, but I don't remember this one being one of the stand-out Royal matches.
6. Beau Crockett and Innocent Isaiah vs. The Bravado Brothers - FUN - The historic first appearance of the Cutie and the Beast tag team, Beau and Isaiah.
7. Ethan Case vs. Sonjay Dutt - GOOD - The finish to the match launches the first major program in Nova Pro, so it leads in to the main event of the third show that I really liked.

Both shows only run about two hours and they are very good about not making anything in particular overstay its welcome.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Hm, looks like some more shows are going up, I guess I have some more time this evening so here's the next two they added:

NOVA Pro Wrestling March 20, 2016 "Last Exit To Springfield" - Springfield, VA (Annandale Sports Center)
1. Ethan Alexander Sharpe and Rayo vs Beau Crockett and Innocent Isaiah - FUN - This one's got "Money" Greene AND The Cutie and the Beast, so it gets a thumbs up from me
2. Bobby Shields vs John Kermon - FUN - MMA vs. pro wrestling match, I'm a fan of this type of match and I thought they did a good enough job with it
3. Amanda Rodriguez vs Maria Manic
4. The Brutes vs Dan O'Hare and Jeff Cannonball
5. Arik Royal vs Tim Donst - This was probably fine, both guys are good.
6. Joe Keyes vs Ken Dixon vs Frankie Pickard vs Smith Garrett - I only remember this because they brought four guys out to do a four way match, for the CWF Mid Atlantic Television Title, and it's like 3 minutes long.
7. Brandon Day vs Matt Tremont - Brandon Day has no charisma, but Tremont is good of course
8. No Holds Barred: Logan Easton Laroux vs Sonjay Dutt - GREAT - This was my favorite Nova Pro match in the first five shows, but it could have been colored by just being a No DQ brawl around the building happening right in front of my face. I remember watching it back on Youtube when they posted it months later and not being as impressed, but I will stand by my original rating.

NOVA Pro Wrestling May 6, 2016 "You Only Move Twice" - Fairfax, VA (Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia)
1. Timmy Lou Retton vs. Frankie Pickard - FUN - This was a nice showcase for Timmy Lou Retton
2. Mecha Mercenary and Aaron Biggs vs. Jeff Cannonball and Dan O'Hare - This is four large guys in the ring and they're all fairly good big guys. This is the first appearance of the Mecha and Biggs team that is now known as "The Sandwich Squad."
3. Amanda Rodriguez vs. Veda Scott - Veda Scott's first appearance, but I don't particularly Amanda being anything special
4. Money Greene and Donnie Dollars vs. Cutie and The Beast - FUN - Once again you have CatB and "Money" Greene and I'm going to recommend that every time.
5. Bobby Shields vs. Cedric Alexander - Don't remember this one, but Cedric rules
6. Reed Bentley vs. Sean Studd - FUN - First Nova appearance of Sean Studd. Reed Bentley is one of my favorites, but the star of this match is the Sean Studd Cheering Section. For some reason every time he has been to Nova Pro there has been a contingent of literally like 20+ people that are LOUD for him and his moves and match, and then they disappear afterwards. Like, they all left after his match and the place was noticeably more empty and quiet for the last two matches.
7. Brandon Day vs. Tim Donst - Day and Donst feud in Nova Pro but I can't really remember any reason to recommend the feud other than the blow-off match on a later show.
8. Sonjay Dutt and John Kermon vs. Logan Easton Laroux and The Reason - Dutt and Laroux, the feud must continue. I think this one was fine, The Reason is not exactly a name guy to be thrown in with the other 3, and the match was billed as "Dutt and Kermon vs. Laroux and Mystery Partner" and that's who it was.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I'm going to drive up for Nova Project 3 this month. Maybe I'll finally sub PowerBomb to binge catch up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to go to it, but I have to get up early the next morning, so probably won't. Oh well.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Donovan Dijak vs. Keith Lee got five stars from Body Guy Dave.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Pro wrestling is good
https://twitter.com/IAmDJZ/status/906551656640335874

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

https://twitter.com/InsaneChampWres/status/906563377996156928