Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Dr. Fetus posted:

Goodness gracious, those bubbles are tanky. How much HP do they have!?

The case for Item Shredder just improved significantly.
People don't even pop the things, they just let them float around and be giant potentially lethal obstacles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How is the single player mode in this game?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Kurtofan posted:

It's ok but really short. Pretty much a tutorial for the controls and various weapons.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kurtofan posted:

It's five hours or more depending how good you are. It's good and varied, but somehow I feel the single player was better in the first one.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Phone posted:

I liked watching my ELO drop 100 points across two matches because we were equally matched team wise; however, with the caveat that my team just super jumped into a death pit for 3 minutes straight. Never gonna break 1900. :negative:

I liked watching my power drop 50 points because of a goddamn connection error in the middle of stomping the other team with 30 seconds left. This happened twice. :argh:

I'm a Flight King now though, so I've got what I wanted. Gotta finish my shift at Grizzco though.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, I take it more seriously than ranked. People that choose the less popular option just for a higher chance of winning are lame too. It's not about the shells.:argh:

This doesn't make any loving sense, there's no advantage to picking the less popular side.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

People think the less popular side will have better players, but the win/loss results have been basically a coinflip every time. And picking the less popular side means you have to win both coinflips.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
0 victories and 50 defeats. :negative:

Well if Team Flight loses, you'll know who to blame. :shepicide:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Hey OctoKing. Yes, you with the Squiffer. You suck. Stop being such a god drat dead weight in Turf Wars.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Dear Splatoon. I want to like you, I really do. But when I play like a demon and still lose six games in a row because someone on my team drops EVERY. SINGLE. GAME in Splatfest so far, I do find myself wanting to punch you in the throat.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

It's a series of small challenges but all it's really designed to do is teach you controls.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Supercar Gautier posted:

People think the less popular side will have better players, but the win/loss results have been basically a coinflip every time. And picking the less popular side means you have to win both coinflips.

Yeah, it's almost like matchmaking is designed to provide you with a 50% win chance. Hmm.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
:siren: Splatfest schedules :siren:

Flying vs Invisibility
  • US and AU/NZ Starts September 1st @ 21:00 Pacific Time / September 2nd @ 2:00 AEST :siren: ONGOING :siren:
  • EU Starts September 2nd @ 16:00 CEST

Fries vs Nuggets
  • JP Starts September 9th @ 15:00 JST
  • Sorry America, you're on diet.
Splatfests will last for 24 hours. Results will be published 2 hours after the event.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The Gorp posted:

The case for Item Shredder just improved significantly.
People don't even pop the things, they just let them float around and be giant potentially lethal obstacles.

I rebought the object shredder flipflops just because of that. They seem really good at area denial but you want to make bubbles close to each other because even if they're on your side they take centuries to pop individually

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pierson posted:

It's a series of small challenges but all it's really designed to do is teach you controls.

The boss fights are pretty drat fun though.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

just reached flight queen here in AU, lots of flight vs flight matches but overall made sure team invisible wont show their faces around here ever again with 24 wins and 8 losses

no mercy to newbies >:DDDD

(i thought he was like an S+50 smurf at first but actually he wasnt)

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I've been hitting quite a few invisible v invisible groups too. I guess it's just the way it goes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just two hours til EU Splatfest and I'm not stuck covering a convention this time. Pumped!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Flight seems the less popular choice; I've only faced 2 other flight teams at 58/99 Champion

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm team flight and it's still taking a long time to find matches

Just had a flight vs. flight match, I think the matchmaking is screwy like last time

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 2, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

New shifty map is loving amazing and needs to be in game full time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I am so angry at my teams.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Shiiiit I completely forgot Splatfest was on this weekend good thing I logged in today

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I do like this bouncy splatfest song though. It sounds kinda country.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

New Shifty isn't shifty enough to be called 'Shifty'.

25 Wins, 11 losses later;

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What kind of sick individual brings a Clash Blaster into Turf Wars? You're Level 30, random guy, you should know better! :argh:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You get the clash blaster at 30 so he's probably trying it out of curiosity

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
just encountered my first flight tanker

did nothing but stand around on the spawn the whole match. after a while all 3 of us were shooting at him on the spawn spamming "THIS WAY"

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zeruel posted:

The platforms that go up and down are plenty shifty. Is a great map and I'm going to miss it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lakbay posted:

You get the clash blaster at 30 so he's probably trying it out of curiosity

Huh, I thought it was 20-something. I think it's cause I've seen it go round through Salmon Run a few times.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Zeruel posted:

So what a little under 2 hours of gameplay? That's not too bad... though I don't often get winning streaks and my internet is dodgy at best. This game and the realization that online gaming is the future (10 years too late) is pushing me to get a real solid and fast internet connection.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
That's an insanely good win/loss ratio I'd say it's closer to 3.5~4 hours to hit King/Queen

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I have become a Flight King, with a win/loss of 25-25. Soo... I guess I've technically done nothing to help our side :cripes:.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Doesn't it take 4 hours or so to get to King/Queen?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Man I am getting absolutely poo poo on as invis this morning

I'm 2-8 lmao

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Afro posted:

just encountered my first flight tanker

did nothing but stand around on the spawn the whole match. after a while all 3 of us were shooting at him on the spawn spamming "THIS WAY"

Some people fight with skill, others fight with weapons-grade autism.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Another AU player checkin in with 25w 11 l for Team Flight!

Ended up switching from splat jr to N-Zap and boy I had forgotten how good that thing is.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Just got a map update?? Humpback, Inkblot, and Shifty. Not sure this was intentional, but I hope they rotate the Splatfest maps in the future.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just logged on and I'm not sure I'll be able to play any games as I'm so amused and entertained by Pearl's rapping in the Square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

deadwing posted:

Just got a map update?? Humpback, Inkblot, and Shifty. Not sure this was intentional, but I hope they rotate the Splatfest maps in the future.

It's always a rotation of 2 maps and a new Shifting Station.