Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

He also has a pretty decent sized role in The Man in the High Castle. In fact, after two seasons, he's been in as nearly as many episodes of that than Z Nation after three seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

3 A.M. Radio posted:

The only reason I don't like the idea for the spin-off is because, at this point, isn't Jodi pretty much the only recurring supporting character left?
It wouldn't necessarily mean she couldn't show up in Supernatural. The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow cross over at least once a season. How often does she appear now?

And there's also still Sheriff Donna.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

GreenNight posted:

Yeah with his huge role in Z-Nation.

There is also the kids that Jody watches, they haven't been killed off yet.

And of course, those kids are the most insufferable characters in the show's run.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like Claire. And Alex seems to have ended up fine. Sure, they're damaged assholes but who isn't on this show?

Losing Jody would kind of emphasize how they introduced like a dozen potential recurring characters this season and then killed them all off. I guess except the witch brother.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/882763443798892545

Was Misha always this ripped?

Angry Pie
Feb 4, 2007
Do you want a piece of me?!
:catstare:

No, no he has NOT. Guess he's making good use of hiatus this season?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Sweet Christmas. Someone's hanging out with moose a lot.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

All the angels in alternate world are super ripped.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Misha was always very fit though. Just not bulky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQZC7sNwbUk&t=61s

I started wondering if that was faked. Right against a wall so maybe they used two guys to simulate it? Nope, he's a mutant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WnN6SkBie0

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

She needs to guest star. Per Misha's twitter.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

3 A.M. Radio posted:

The only reason I don't like the idea for the spin-off is because, at this point, isn't Jodi pretty much the only recurring supporting character left? Only other one I can think of is Garth, who hasn't been seen in forever, because apparently DJ Qualls just has too much going on.

I don't like the idea of a spin-off because the writers have completely run out of gas on the main show, which is not really the time to start a new one.

It feels like with, I don't know, a few hours more effort put into scripts and even an ATTEMPT to think things over would solve so much, but they just kind of go "Eh whatever we checked out 4 seasons ago throw some poo poo at the screen, whatever man."

Case in point the whole Men of Letters bullshit ending when American hunters just plow straight into their fortified gate and aren't devoured by machine gun fire. It was such a dumb, dumb ending that could have been awesome if they'd spent some time, I don't know, using their actual special abilities (like being friends with wizards and witches and monsters, etc) to crush the place. Don't tell me it wouldn't have been far cooler for them to hit the place with a werewolf pack, not one but two witches if they dragged Rowena and the witch guy that survived in, his tree sister and who knows what other crap they could have brought to the table.

Instead all the trained soldiers just die fighting dudes with hunting rifles because "Eh whatever we gotta end this arc for next season" laziness, combined with killing every single new character to make sure that not a single interesting thing survived that story line. In the end Ketch never got any depth and the ones that got some depth just died so a big meh from me.

Don't take it as that was my only problem and I'm nitpicking, I'm using it as an example of the non-stop general laziness on display.

ED: Also how they never, ever build off things they introduce but rather just flush plots, characters and ideas down the toilet all of the time. I think that really started in season 7, aka the season of "Enslave some poor kid to translate something that's STILL not important in the end, then after nearly killing him chicken the gently caress out, which gets him killed." I could almost hear the whole season ending with that aforementioned toilet flush.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 14, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I don't like the idea of a spin-off because the writers have completely run out of gas on the main show, which is not really the time to start a new one.

That's exactly the time. It lets them do something different without pissing off the people who want the original show to just be the same thing forever, which means they're no longer stuck in that rut.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Ownager posted:

It feels like with, I don't know, a few hours more effort put into scripts and even an ATTEMPT to think things over would solve so much, but they just kind of go "Eh whatever we checked out 4 seasons ago throw some poo poo at the screen, whatever man."

Case in point the whole Men of Letters bullshit ending when American hunters just plow straight into their fortified gate and aren't devoured by machine gun fire. It was such a dumb, dumb ending that could have been awesome if they'd spent some time, I don't know, using their actual special abilities (like being friends with wizards and witches and monsters, etc) to crush the place. Don't tell me it wouldn't have been far cooler for them to hit the place with a werewolf pack, not one but two witches if they dragged Rowena and the witch guy that survived in, his tree sister and who knows what other crap they could have brought to the table.

Instead all the trained soldiers just die fighting dudes with hunting rifles because "Eh whatever we gotta end this arc for next season" laziness, combined with killing every single new character to make sure that not a single interesting thing survived that story line. In the end Ketch never got any depth and the ones that got some depth just died so a big meh from me.

Don't take it as that was my only problem and I'm nitpicking, I'm using it as an example of the non-stop general laziness on display.

ED: Also how they never, ever build off things they introduce but rather just flush plots, characters and ideas down the toilet all of the time. I think that really started in season 7, aka the season of "Enslave some poor kid to translate something that's STILL not important in the end, then after nearly killing him chicken the gently caress out, which gets him killed." I could almost hear the whole season ending with that aforementioned toilet flush.

You seem to be forgetting they have a tv budget for what they need to do. Yea, big giant fights with tons of special effects would be amazing, but hey, they can't swing that on the budget they have. Hell was literally a big void with chains, and later it was an office where people stood in line, and even then the outskirts and cage was something knocked out on a sound stage. Purgatory was the woods in Canada, with some added cgi fog. Even the MoL base was the newest location they built after using the same hotel room and bobby's house for what, 7 or 8 years?

They SHOULD do amazingly cool ideas for things, but they have a tv budget. They can only do small scale stuff. Sort of like Smallville did. They had aspirations to be a SuperHero show and show off Superman doing world saving poo poo, but it turned out to mostly be 90% blurry cgi and a wet fart of an ending. Even the Doomsday fight ended up being a thrown taxi, 3 punches, and an off screen explosion.

One of the reasons the show has done so well, besides the fanbase, is that it's a pretty cheap show to do. The return investment on it is amazing considering what kind of budget they have in play.

Do they need to do more? Yup. Will they? No idea. Right now they are making money hand over fist on commercials and whatnot because it's the #1 show on the network. I'm just hoping any spinoff they do has the same love of the characters, and they don't try to CW it up with more "pretty people in trouble/love woes" like the rest of the network seems to be.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I love these guys

https://twitter.com/JensenAckles/status/886456941773541376
https://twitter.com/dicksp8jr/status/886452134220320768

:haw:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:flaccid:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

What are they referring to, the post they are linking to seems to have been deleted.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A tweet from Jared that said "I'm proud to have a small penis" or something like that.

Jared tweeted earlier today he had been hacked.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Probably hacked by Misha. :getin:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/JDMorgan/status/888594911062179840

It always warms my heart to see JDM showing affection for Supernatural after all these years.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Spin-off casting news

http://tvline.com/2017/07/23/supernatural-spinoff-casts-kathryn-newton-briana-buckmaster-wayward-sisters-pilot/

Looks like everybody people wanted are on board.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/EW/status/889188773665353729

Please be Gabe, Please be Gabe :pray:

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/NatalieAbrams/status/889179106369294337

https://twitter.com/KansasBand/status/889201828784553984

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 24, 2017

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

OK, now that is just loving awesome!

Also loving awesome:

"Singer added, “Spoiler alert: Mom is not dead.”

:dance:

Astroman fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 24, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtqS4Awhl_A

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

You seem to be forgetting they have a tv budget for what they need to do. Yea, big giant fights with tons of special effects would be amazing, but hey, they can't swing that on the budget they have. Hell was literally a big void with chains, and later it was an office where people stood in line, and even then the outskirts and cage was something knocked out on a sound stage. Purgatory was the woods in Canada, with some added cgi fog. Even the MoL base was the newest location they built after using the same hotel room and bobby's house for what, 7 or 8 years?

They SHOULD do amazingly cool ideas for things, but they have a tv budget. They can only do small scale stuff.

Counterpoint: 3rd world countries on no budgets turn out stellar actions sequences, shows with much worse budgets have better fight choreography and direction. Some telekinesis and a couple re-used werewolf effects isn't going to break the budget.

What I'm saying is that wasn't budget issues, that was lazy issues. Showing the hunters using intelligence doesn't require a huge amount of CGI. Much can be implied.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You know. I know what people say. I know that I KNOW Supernatural isn't near as good as it once was. But when you put it into an epic classic rock musical montage there's still not a show on television that gets me more revved up. I'm just a sucker for cool monster deaths to bitching music.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It's too bad that the people who've only watched this snow on Netflix never get to experience the great music.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GreenNight posted:

It's too bad that the people who've only watched this snow on Netflix never get to experience the great music.

I miss when the music fit the show.

Wayward Son is just not as exciting when the flashbacks are all "Uhhhhhh nothing really happened until it did," like the Darkness season.

Honestly I think every season has been a clusterfuck of varying degrees since the apocalypse. Also why I say it's not budget, the budget wasn't much higher back then and it was a whole different animal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Blazing... I agree with a lot of your criticisms.

But sometimes can you just let us enjoy some butt rock while things explode?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

The budget wasn't higher back then, it's just the cast is getting paid more now.

Angry Pie
Feb 4, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I think it's just the first season that has the terrible subbed music on Netflix, I guess they sorted out the music rights after that. I watched seasons 1-11 on Netflix and it was a noticeable change starting at season 2.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Not really surprising but Lucifer's son will be a regular for season 13

http://ew.com/tv/2017/08/09/superna...ialflow_twitter

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Blazing... I agree with a lot of your criticisms.

But sometimes can you just let us enjoy some butt rock while things explode?

If Kansas is butt rock then the phrase is loving meaningless.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/900813297036832768

Angry Pie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey I was there when he did that! It was at Van Con earlier this month, about a dozen of us in the room for photo ops with him and Rachel Miner got to see it. He literally walked on his hands for about 5-10 "steps" and then held that one handed hand stand for like 8 seconds, it was pretty impressive.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dude is ridiculously fit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Over the last few months I have been hardcore binging this show. I just got to season 10 and the school play episode. Every time I think this show has comedically peaked it gets better. We don't deserve this show.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Over the last few months I have been hardcore binging this show. I just got to season 10 and the school play episode. Every time I think this show has comedically peaked it gets better. We don't deserve this show.

I agree, but I think it could have ended at 5 and been amazing. Now it's sorta the show that might run too long

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
In sheer comedy and meta, I prefer The French Mistake, but the school play was a hell of an episode 200.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/one10151/status/903507185144971264

A Coloring Book? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

You've got season 11 to look forward to. Probably the best season since 5 with 2 all time great SN episodes. Unfortunately season 12 cratered hard.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 4, 2017