Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Hihohe posted:

Can i get a GIF of Enid ripping good music out of her chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-dnoyUxR7I

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 24, 2017

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Of course the old lady who takes the candy of youth happens to be so old that the only thing that changes is her hair color.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this is really good. it's exactly the right amount of funny, sweet, and idiotic with a good bit of things hidden in it for huge nerds to laugh at

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
We all knew someone like Middle School Enid.

Or were like her.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like how this world's version of Naruto is a Naruto/Sasuke slash fic.

Also, all the updogs.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey, who voiced Cupid in the episode "second first Date"? That voice was so familiar, I know I've heard it before, but I just can't place it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Hey, who voiced Cupid in the episode "second first Date"? That voice was so familiar, I know I've heard it before, but I just can't place it.

Diedrich Bader.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pakled posted:

Diedrich Bader.

Holy cow, I just looked him up and he has done a LOT of stuff.

And I figured out why his voice sounded so familiar: The voice he uses for Cupid is the same one he used for Johnny Concussion when he's pretending to be an evil genius on a recent episode of American Dad.

Anyway, I've really been liking OK KO so far. It's both fun and funny.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Its also the voice he uses for Hoss Delgado from Billy and Mandy

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Pretty cool special.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, I hope this special sets the tone for stuff to come. Fun, a little story, but keeping to what IanJ said about this mostly being just a "light" show.

I also like how Prof Venom seems like he'll be a recurring antagonist. "We're Captured" left a pretty good first impression of him and Fink and this is even better.

Also, I have to know--what was Rad supposed to be when he was trying to out-brood TKO?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Hey, does anyone know the meaning or reference behind Eind's name?

I've managed to get all of the others (K.o. = Knock out, Fink = Rat Fink, Elodie = Melodie without the "M", Rad =Rad, etc.), but I can't figure out what hers is.

Is it just a cool word they made up? Am I over thinking this?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Elodie is a real name.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Bongo Bill posted:

Elodie is a real name.

Well, I just learned a thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Enid is also a real name.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Heh, super edgy TKO was using his mom's eyeliner.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Who voices Fink? She sounds familiar.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mraagvpeine posted:

Who voices Fink? She sounds familiar.

Lara Jill Miller.

She's Kari from Digimon as an example role.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This series is great

"NO! My moth collection!"

:allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scene where I lost my poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoN_0qEU564

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I wish Cartoon Network/Amazon would get their poo poo together so I could actually watch the latest episode. First I had to get a refund, and then they uploaded the episode before this one again instead of the actual episode.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I wish Cartoon Network/Amazon would get their poo poo together so I could actually watch the latest episode. First I had to get a refund, and then they uploaded the episode before this one again instead of the actual episode.

I hope that whoever's making these mistakes gets their life back together so they can focus on their work at work.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Keith David! :D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DOUBLECROSS!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Bongo Bill posted:

I hope that whoever's making these mistakes gets their life back together so they can focus on their work at work.

Generally at any given time one of the major streaming services will be several episodes behind for no immediately apparent reason.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It's interesting that Boxman seems to attack the Plaza specifically to hurt the kids and their friendship, and doesn't seem to care particularly about Mr. Gar.

EDIT: Although it isn't that surprising since Mr. Gar appears to have no friends since he turned his last remaining one into a shopping center.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

He's a villain of the old school, increasingly alienated from a world that values pragmatic ruthlessness over malicious panache.

I like how they conflate emotions and scenarios in the Boxman-centric episodes. His paternal attitude to his disposable robot minions, the romantic dinner date, the addiction and intervention storyline. The decision to turn his episodes into sitcoms and then lean hard into the weirdness and incongruity that results is paying off for me, at least.

But I know some people that just can't stand Jim Cummings, and he's certainly bringing a lot to the role.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I also like the way the robots (especially Shannon) seem to have really unclear ages, much the way that KO does.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
There's gonna be an OK K.O./Captain Planet crossover

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh. Okay then. Weird.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Yeah, that's a Captain Planet who just heard we pulled out of the Paris accord.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Its weird but i love it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bongo Bill posted:

But I know some people that just can't stand Jim Cummings, and he's certainly bringing a lot to the role.

... how?

Jim Cummings is a GOAT-tier voice actor

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Wait? Does this mean Captain Planet is getting a reboot? Because if so good, we need him now more than ever.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

... how?

Jim Cummings is a GOAT-tier voice actor

Yeah he is great.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I've started having the Captain Planet theme song randomly pop into my head for the first time in like fifteen years and I hold Ian Quincy Jones personally responsible. I plan to sue him for emotional distress.

GO PLANET: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkwKoZropI

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Heart is the dumbest power

Except that one single episode where it was the most important power

Because it was the dumbest power and they needed an episode to 'prove' it wasn't worthless

(It's worthless)

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Heart is a minor form of mind control, it's not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
~why are you in my van~