Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/rxrm80/status/904034882795462656

5 defeats, 22 victories. Team Flight have this EU fest in the bag. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Just had a 7 win streak for team flight before the invisibullshitters managed a victory.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah I think Flights got this in the bag. Every victory for invis has been super hard fought because I keep getting teamed up with chargers that manage a stunning 0 kill rate. You can't expect someone as mediocre/passable as me to win the whole match for you guy :negative:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
23-18 for team flight, took me about 4 hours to hit King

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I somehow managed to get a 50+ losing streak for Team Flight. :suicide: So I probably wouldn't count yourself out yet.

Losing to a team with 4 Aerosprays is probably one of the most pathetic things that can be accomplished in the game, and yet somehow I managed to do just that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

I somehow managed to get a 50+ losing streak for Team Flight. :suicide:

Christ, my condolences

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like 4 Aerosprays are tougher than you'd expect, given that they can cover ink than a motherfucker

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
4 Aerosprays can't do poo poo. Even in Turf Wars, they're one of the worst weapons in the game. Their range is terrible, and their time to kill is greater than most other weapons. They should all be dead before they can ink anything. The fact that they can cover ink well is negated by the fact that it's really easy to keep them down since there are barely any matchups they can win in direct firefights. If they win the match, that means you played badly enough for them to have complete control of the map.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 2, 2017

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Is the umbrella any good? It looks so cool and I wanna be a pretty purple princess for team flight. (I'm working for another eight hours though so I might not make it to Flight Queen)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's cool as hell.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the sound of the pellets was a little deeper but that's whatever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Umbrella's a little weird because you have to keep tapping the button for rapid-fire, otherwise you'll activate the shield. The sub-weapons (sprinkler and rain bomb thingy) are clearly intended to be thematic rather than necessarily complementary. Still getting the hang of how to actually use the shield effect, aside from the obvious use case of protecting teammates as they jump in.

Rather hoping there's some umbrella reskins (besides the Hero Brella), because there's lots of potential for nice designs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I wish the current brella had a better sub/special set. Also finally able to play today and I'm going to keep calling it lovely Station

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
This morning has been a non-stop carnival of clownshow awful matchups, both where my team dominates 70%-30% and vice versa.

It's frustrating that Nintendo seems so incapable of providing consistent matchmaking. Is it because the game's population is much higher during the Splatfest and a lot of those players play rarely, so there isn't good matchmaking data for them?

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
Climbing the 1900s, things are looking pretty good for Team Flight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's just turf war

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Inescapable Duck posted:

Umbrella's a little weird because you have to keep tapping the button for rapid-fire, otherwise you'll activate the shield. The sub-weapons (sprinkler and rain bomb thingy) are clearly intended to be thematic rather than necessarily complementary. Still getting the hang of how to actually use the shield effect, aside from the obvious use case of protecting teammates as they jump in.

Rather hoping there's some umbrella reskins (besides the Hero Brella), because there's lots of potential for nice designs.

The data mine has another Brella set with toxic mist and splat-bomb launcher.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Guess what? My team of four aerosprays won against team invis.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Aerospray is awful it takes so long to kill and everything outranges it and and and"

And I'm pretty good at getting 10-15 kills with it every other round. I really don't get where this meme began but it's dumb. In the ranked modes it's a little different but still.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

This morning has been a non-stop carnival of clownshow awful matchups, both where my team dominates 70%-30% and vice versa.

It's frustrating that Nintendo seems so incapable of providing consistent matchmaking. Is it because the game's population is much higher during the Splatfest and a lot of those players play rarely, so there isn't good matchmaking data for them?

I think matchmaking is less the issue than it is people frequently being dropped from matches and netcode that has me utterly destroying the enemy one match and not being able to hit a goddamn thing the next.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I wish you could win weapon skins from Salmon Run.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"Aerospray is awful it takes so long to kill and everything outranges it and and and"

And I'm pretty good at getting 10-15 kills with it every other round. I really don't get where this meme began but it's dumb. In the ranked modes it's a little different but still.

I think Aerospray would be pretty bad in Turf War if all the players were good and taking advantage of the aerospray's weaknesses but a lot of the time you see players who ignore aerosprays or jump down from the high ground into their line of fire and when someone doesn't shut down the aerospray players they can gain a lot of ground really quickly. Since Turf War tends to have fairly loose matchmaking, if you know how to use an aerospray well there are going to be plenty of opportunities to benefit from it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hey is color for team flight purple or blue?

Edit: Please answer as condesendingly as possible.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 2, 2017

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey is color for team flight purple or blue?

Light blue, it turns out.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

What Zoran said.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I was 100% sure it was purple until Jonas and I started talking about it, and now it looks like a purpley blue except in some light where it looks completely blue and I just don't know what's real anymore :negative:

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

The ink is most definitely a sky blue, that's not up for discussion.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
22-7 w-l for my invisible bros before getting to Queen :toot:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

I was 100% sure it was purple until Jonas and I started talking about it, and now it looks like a purpley blue except in some light where it looks completely blue and I just don't know what's real anymore :negative:

lol owned

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

ZeButler posted:

The ink is most definitely a sky blue, that's not up for discussion.

If it's any blue, it's royal blue!

What planet am I on?!

E: At least on the screen, the ink itself is maybe a periwinkle blue, I don't know!

Parasol Prophet fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 2, 2017

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I'm 100% positive I had one match where it was neon green. I remember it clearly because it seemed really strange at the time. It was not a flight vs flight match either, it was flight vs invis.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I dunno if it's different in splatfests but the matchmaking takes so loving long in this game, I feel like I spend almost as much time sitting in lobbies as actually playing.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Tender Bender posted:

I dunno if it's different in splatfests but the matchmaking takes so loving long in this game, I feel like I spend almost as much time sitting in lobbies as actually playing.

It's definitely much longer during splatfest

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Usually I find matchmaking to be pretty fast but if you're on the more popular team during Splatfest it can be a bit of a wait.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It's a different shade depending on the battle. I've seen it range from a purple shade, to sky blue, to a deeper shade of blue.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I forgot how much I hated the lighting during the last splatfest, it's fine on a TV but it makes it a little harder to see people in tabletop mode.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah I think Flights got this in the bag. Every victory for invis has been super hard fought because I keep getting teamed up with chargers that manage a stunning 0 kill rate. You can't expect someone as mediocre/passable as me to win the whole match for you guy :negative:

I managed to win 3 and lose 6 or 8, I didn't bother to keep count (where do you guys get your stats or do you just bother to remember?). The matches I won I was the leader of my team, which astonished me.

Also it's me. I'm a Aerospray guy, and other rapid fire weapons. I suck so much at aiming that I don't bother with them. When I do kill it often takes me and the victim by surprise. I've been enjoying the Sploosh-O-matic as well lately.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Marina censorship

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I managed to win 3 and lose 6 or 8, I didn't bother to keep count (where do you guys get your stats or do you just bother to remember?). The matches I won I was the leader of my team, which astonished me.

Also it's me. I'm a Aerospray guy, and other rapid fire weapons. I suck so much at aiming that I don't bother with them. When I do kill it often takes me and the victim by surprise. I've been enjoying the Sploosh-O-matic as well lately.

The Splatoon 2 part of the Nintendo Switch Online app on mobile devices shows your last 50 battles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish it had a total matches played stat somewhere just out of curiosity.