Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mehall
Aug 27, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

I read it as the assassin didn't know the appropriate protocol, and sticking the utensils out there like any other dinner, in error, is what gave her away to Padme

Same, the assassin stood out due to not being the correct servant and not having been briefed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A bunch of people did a review of the Battle of Atollon (S3 finale): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suj_JJbgDNA Pretty neat.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/886017458422784000
:gbsmith:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

"Oh the Imperials You'll Kill" by Dr. Fulchrum.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Time yet again for Melancholy Fridays with Dave Filoni:

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/888614246593871872

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cross-Section posted:

:unsmith:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Filoni is real good at this. I hope they keep letting him make Star Wars as long as he's willing to.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cross-Section posted:

"Ashoka is real," Dave Filoni said in a live Q&A earlier. "Star Wars is real. Kanan is real, and strong, and he's my friend."

The earnestness of these really bad fanfic-y posts he does is one of the rare things that makes me kinda self-conscious and ashamed of liking Star Wars.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chickenwalker posted:

"Ashoka is real," Dave Filoni said in a live Q&A earlier. "Star Wars is real. Kanan is real, and strong, and he's my friend."

The earnestness of these really bad fanfic-y posts he does is one of the rare things that makes me kinda self-conscious and ashamed of liking Star Wars.

Pssst? The difference between fanfic and 'official'? Is getting paid by the people who own the IP. That's it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Chickenwalker posted:

It becomes less fanfic e when you consider the fact that he's getting paid by the company to put out this free advertising. Well I guess it isn't free advertising because they have to pay him. Half of these might literally just be ideas they had it in the office but never actually did.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Chickenwalker posted:

Having low self esteem is a real problem as you go through life. You should probably address it sooner, rather than later.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, I just found this...
I don't even know where to begin.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

VolticSurge posted:

So, I just found this...
I don't even know where to begin.

By closing the browser window in which the video is playing. Rebels isn't the most amazing, groundbreaking show in the world, but it's Good and Fun and occasionally very Pulpy Star Wars.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

By closing the browser window in which the video is playing. Rebels isn't the most amazing, groundbreaking show in the world, but it's Good and Fun and occasionally very Pulpy Star Wars.

The fact that the Goron is his least favorite Zelda character indicates he has poo poo taste. We all know the smug bird's the worst.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'd start with the fact he thinks scenes with Chopper attempting to murder people is just cute kiddy stuff that is apparently tonally inconsistent with another character successfully murdering the same person a scene or two later, or the fact that a massive empire having trouble dealing with small insurgent groups apparently strains his credulity.

Actually my favourite part was him saying that a show like this needs to be able to write for two audiences, kids and older viewers. Then explain that Sabine is a lovely 2 dimensional Mary Sue character that young girls inexplicably like more than Hera, a more well developed and down-to-Earth character. Perhaps they might be written for two different audiences? :thunk:

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 30, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Only thing I can sorta agree with him on is Ezra. I personally enjoy the show in spite of him, not because.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

He liked the Speed Racer movie

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also he rants about Sabine while literally showing clips from the episodes where the writers clearly realised there was a depth issue with her and tried to course-correct and fix it because they're now focusing the show around her (presumably because girls that like Star Wars like the badass Mandalorian chick better than the dweeby emo Jedi boy shockingly)

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
All you need to say to poo poo on the show is is 'the dialogue is all super loving clunky'

Rebels is to me mostly okay but the big witless hammer plotting and writing frequently drag it down, and a less charitable critic could tear it apart on those grounds because lets be honest, it's not good.

CLone wars had some trash writing too but it had a level of imagination and scale elevating its episodes that rebels doesn't have the budget for. There's a lot to be said for seeing new ideas and rebels will have in a season what clone wars jammed into an arc.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Starting to see a wave of new behind-the-scenes videos across a few publications:

https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/900040216022573057

https://twitter.com/EW/status/899663233832943616

Wonder if we're leading up to a S4 premiere date announcement?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Gaz-L posted:

Also he rants about Sabine while literally showing clips from the episodes where the writers clearly realised there was a depth issue with her and tried to course-correct and fix it because they're now focusing the show around her (presumably because girls that like Star Wars like the badass Mandalorian chick better than the dweeby emo Jedi boy shockingly)

I was not expecting mom to go for Rebels, but she did and Sabine is her favorite character.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

Starting to see a wave of new behind-the-scenes videos across a few publications:

https://twitter.com/nerdist/status/900040216022573057

https://twitter.com/EW/status/899663233832943616

Wonder if we're leading up to a S4 premiere date announcement?

This is probably why, though S4 date announcement is probably not far away either:
https://twitter.com/AshCrossan/status/900377959265034245

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

The placement of Sabine's hair is really unfortunate. In the thumbnail it looks like she has a ridiculously pointy nose.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Also, side note, X-wing is adding the Phantom II now. With Maul crew.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Dave Syndrome posted:

The placement of Sabine's hair is really unfortunate. In the thumbnail it looks like she has a ridiculously pointy nose.

Steven Universe / Rebels crossover looking good

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Dave Syndrome posted:

Tangents are bad, kids! First year art student mistake on that one.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cross-Section posted:

I dislike that approach. I'd like to think that Ashoka would be more critical of someone following the Jedi path. Especially since by this time she at least strongly suspects that Vader is Anakin so she knows where the Jedi path leads from multiple angles. The scene is better cut so we can imagine what Ashoka and Kanan's relationship was, inasmuch as it was. One of the reasons the OT works so well is because it hints at a lot more going on in the Universe than just what we see.

The critical video is meh. He brings up some good points. The Inquisitor had potential but the tweedle dee and tweedle dum were bad. Rebels contributes to the problems of the "shrinking universe" not because the Empire can't stomp out a small rebel band but because this small rebel band ends up knowing everybody.

Dude also really seems to like Thrawn and want him to be cool. That's not OK. Likewise, pronouncing "AT-AT" like at at as opposed to "Ay-tee ay-tee" is a high crime.

His objections to Sabine are pretty spot on. He gets close to the mark when he says she's like a bad D&D character since people who like the show comment on how it's clearly based off a game people are playing, down to modules.

Zeb is a waste of space, agreed. The complainer writing a fan fiction about Rex is dumb, especially since Zeb and Rex occupy the same niche.

His criticisms of Ezra are spot on. Tension with the criticism: Ezra's tension between light and dark was a lot of fun. It could have been more but it does feel like which side he lands on is because he passes/fails an initiative check.

The lack of stakes is a real concern.

I dislike the show but this guy wants the show to be Clone Wars which it isn't. It's OK that it isn't Clone Wars. It's just not what it could be because it falls down all over the place.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I saw some more realistic Rebels art today and I never thought of Sabine being asian, but I guess that makes sense.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Shbobdb posted:

Likewise, pronouncing "AT-AT" like at at as opposed to "Ay-tee ay-tee" is a high crime.

"AT-AT" is pronounced "walker."

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I saw some more realistic Rebels art today and I never thought of Sabine being asian, but I guess that makes sense.

Link?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

jfc I agree with Shbobdb. On all of it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I agree with Shbobdb on pretty much nothing.

I also hate that video.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

MonsterEnvy posted:

I agree with Shbobdb on pretty much nothing.

I also hate that video.

I'm always open for more fanart about me.

It makes me feel special.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

twistedmentat posted:

I always thought she was, seemed like a conscious decision they'd made by the shape of her eyes, and some other features

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 1, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

It was in a youtube video but i'm sure I can find the image

Well, everyone but Zeb is realistic.

NTRabbit posted:

I always thought she was, seemed like a conscious decision they'd made by the shape of her eyes, and some other features

It's just never something I thought about, mostly because of the art style. Even thought Sato is very clearly Asian.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

twistedmentat posted:

It was in a youtube video but i'm sure I can find the image

Well, everyone but Zeb is realistic.

It's just never something I thought about, mostly because of the art style. Even thought Sato is very clearly Asian.

Chopper wasn't even included in the picture, someone's gonna get cut :ese:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

Season 4 premieres October 16th.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Jesus this season is going to be an emotional rollercoaster.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Cross-Section posted:

Season 4 premieres October 16th.

Oh my, that looks very promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Wowza, lookit those weapons Sabine helped design being used on her people and home
No wonder her family is despised

And we finally get to see Space Wolves~

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 2, 2017

• Locked thread