Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It was a madhouse today, and tomorrow will be the Friday before Labor Day weekend while also being the 1st and also the deals are fresh. Good luck, people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Costco also sells Kirkland brand tortilla chips which are really thick and delicious.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Croatoan posted:

Costco also sells Kirkland brand tortilla chips which are really thick and delicious.

Can confirm, big rear end bag of good chips.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm looking forward to buying a bunch of mochi this month.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Steak is on sale for the holiday weekend. I just bought about 5 lbs on Monday. Can I go back and get a price reduction? I mean in addition to buying more steak.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Gonna go find peace and solace at the 'stco today. Recenter my chakras using the finest of new deals and nourish my soul with a huge honking 1/4 lb PLUS hot dog along with a soda and refill. And then I will fill the collection plate with enough coin to grant me the blessing of the half cheese half pepp/sausage pizza to return home with. A good day.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Gonna go find peace and solace at the 'stco today. Recenter my chakras using the finest of new deals and nourish my soul with a huge honking 1/4 lb PLUS hot dog along with a soda and refill. And then I will fill the collection plate with enough coin to grant me the blessing of the half cheese half pepp/sausage pizza to return home with. A good day.

May the 'sco be with you. Its gonna be packed with everyone stocking up (on savings!!!) for the holiday weekend.

I wonder how many packs of dogs and burgers they will sell this weekend. Millions probably!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The pews are filled to bursting!!!!!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

You crazy fools, even this early you will die a skeleton in the long lines as retired people try to find their card in their huge fanny packs!!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yeah i'm going to go tuesday, should be ok then.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I am thinking of hitting the local up for a couple Packer Briskets to smoke this weekend. I really want to make some brisket but really don't want to go stand in a line to pay for it...

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The tomato basil soup is on sale. The 2 pack in the green packaging. It's very good to eat.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I figured it is my duty as a good disciple to give back to the community after receiving such fine suggestions as Normandy vegetables and shoyu ramen.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

This poo poo is good!! My coworker just handed me a piece literally 2 minutes before I read this post. A divine coincidence!!!

PBUC!!!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Trastion posted:

I am thinking of hitting the local up for a couple Packer Briskets to smoke this weekend. I really want to make some brisket but really don't want to go stand in a line to pay for it...

Brother, just go like half hour before it closes.

You can also go at 5PM. The olds and parents have left by then, and everyone else is commuting home.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Taima posted:

This poo poo is good!! My coworker just handed me a piece literally 2 minutes before I read this post. A divine coincidence!!!

PBUC!!!

Pbuc indeed :coffeepal:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I want to compile Normandy vegetable preparation suggestions. I like to roast them (starting frozen) with garlic, herbs, and EVOO in a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes. I'll add a can of drained sardines after I pull them from the oven if I'm feeling dadly.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I want to compile Normandy vegetable preparation suggestions. I like to roast them (starting frozen) with garlic, herbs, and EVOO in a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes. I'll add a can of drained sardines after I pull them from the oven if I'm feeling dadly.

I'm a simple boy and usually just boil them up with a lil bleu cheese. But I will try this tonight! #Blessed

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
My haul...

Was in and out in 5 minutes.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I need to go to Costco but probably won't get to go until Sunday night.

I don't think that'd going to be fun.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I'm going tonight, I find that Friday two hours before close is a good time to go. Unless this time around Labor Day insanity is happening.

Gonna buy TeJava unsweetened tea. 12 bottles for 8 bucks. Maybe check out the wine too. Caffeine by day, booze by night mother fuckers!

Can anyone explain why I should get an executive membership, in less than 20 words? Sell it to me fast.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

money back on every purchase.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I'm lame. I crudely steam them in a small pot for maybe 5 or so minutes and then season them with something.

The least amount of work possible.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hate carrots do I don't do Normandy blend.

There I said it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

I hate carrots do I don't do Normandy blend.

There I said it.

I'm not a big carrot fan either, and I'm trying to cut all unnecessary carbs, and carrots surprisingly have a lot of sugar. If it was just cauliflower and broccoli, I would have bought some Normandy Blend a long time ago.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Can anyone explain why I should get an executive membership, in less than 20 words? Sell it to me fast.

Money back on the difference if you don't make it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Also you look like a boss with your black card.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

Also you look like a boss with your black card.

only real reason you need

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Trastion posted:

My haul...

Was in and out in 5 minutes.

From one smoker to another, how do you smoke your briskets? I can smoke a decent brisket but it usually comes out kind of dry. I don't do a brine or the squirt bottle of vinegar/whatever though, maybe that's the difference?

I smoke all kinds of other poo poo no problem.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Taima posted:

From one smoker to another, how do you smoke your briskets? I can smoke a decent brisket but it usually comes out kind of dry. I don't do a brine or the squirt bottle of vinegar/whatever though, maybe that's the difference?

I am going to do one with Salt & Pepper and the other with my version of Meathead's Memphis Dust Rub. I probably won't do a mop on them but will play that by ear. I am going to cut the points off and make burnt ends with them.

Basically slow and low, 225 for 13-16 hours with the points being chopped and thrown back in for the last couple hours to crisp/burn up a bit.

If you haven't already join us in the Slow Smoking Meat thread.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 2, 2017

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Taima posted:

Do you remember to leave a can of water in the smoker?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I just took 4 kids to Costco by myself.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Trigger warning this please

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

FogHelmut posted:

Steak is on sale for the holiday weekend. I just bought about 5 lbs on Monday. Can I go back and get a price reduction? I mean in addition to buying more steak.

Yeah I got some New York for 6.99 lb.

Costcohu Akbar

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Please, friends—it is of utmost importance that children are exposed to the glory of Costco from an early age. You must learn to abide their trespasses for the good of the next generation.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
What are this month's sales?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

a hole-y ghost posted:

Please, friends—it is of utmost importance that children are exposed to the glory of Costco from an early age. You must learn to abide their trespasses for the good of the next generation.

This is true. I also have seen a woman with 4 children at the 'Co. One was in one of those papooses, 2 were in the cart facing her, and another trailed on foot. Costco grants great fertility to its adherents. And from its abundance and great deals it is possible to feed a large family. Costco bless.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

RocktheCaulk posted:

Do you remember to leave a can of water in the smoker?

Yeah I have a Weber Smokey Mountain which has the big ol' water basin. It's not like I make terrible brisket or anything, but then you watch the Franklin how to videos and it's just like... what the gently caress my brisket does NOT look like that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

One of the great joys in life is sharing a food court table at the Co with a stranger and comparing purchases. I turned a young man onto that good-rear end jerky today.

Like, I don't want to say I just cured Aspergers, but if the Kirkland brand house slipper fits...

pbuc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

No Butt Stuff posted:

:wtc: