Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I can't believe how good Mario+Rabbids is. And the music makes it feel like a Maro/Rabbids/Rare crossover!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

a.lo posted:

ask my wife

My wife!

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Imagine if instead of making ARMS, Nintendo made ASMR

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder if the new NMH will go back to having the assassins being super memorable characters with really cool names or just dudes with regular-rear end names like in 2 (which I understand was 100% intentional and a commentary on Travis and by extent the player getting burnt out on the whole rankings thing)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

robot roll call posted:

I can't believe how good Mario+Rabbids is. And the music makes it feel like a Maro/Rabbids/Rare crossover!

It almost makes me mad that it's so good?? Like what the gently caress

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Seriously! What the gently caress! I just bought it because it looked good enough and I wanted something to play until Metroid comes out in 2 weeks, but it's just so much fun. I think the big emphasis on movement and jumping is what makes it click for me more than these kind of games usually do. Also, awesome game to play with a detached joycon in each hand.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Nintendo is a curiosity to me. I'm trying to imagine any other company shutting off modes on a holiday weekend so that people can only play their causal, free to play, money making event.

What does this mean?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i don't know if i can sleep tonight if we don't get to the bottom of whatever the gently caress it is xyrloc is trying to complain about

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I played overcooked at a friends place tonight and it was real fun. Playing with a deaf person added an extra layer of difficulty but if I had 3 friends who could consistently hang out I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It’s a drat shame Arms was shovelware though.

tim are you saying maybe some posters got overly hyped about a mediocre game because they were starved for console exclusives? :thunk:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how do you carry your switches on travel?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

back pocket

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Bought a case. Specifically, shelled out the bux for the imported Splatoon case. Hella fresh.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Tender Bender posted:

What does this mean?

As a Hillary supporter

hth

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
ARMS is good. Just saying.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

ARMS is good. Just saying.

Words are all you have. The game is proof of contrary when speaking for itselff

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i too am amazed by how good mario rabbits is. i was confident it would be an enjoyable xcom thing and was planning to just power through and quickly resell it. now im going back to old worlds to do all the bonus challenges and secret areas and redoing any section i didnt get perfect on. its great

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HyperPuma posted:

i too am amazed by how good mario rabbits is. i was confident it would be an enjoyable xcom thing and was planning to just power through and quickly resell it. now im going back to old worlds to do all the bonus challenges and secret areas and redoing any section i didnt get perfect on. its great

But stardew is coming right?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I still think ARMS is good

I guess it's not for everyone

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Real hurthling! posted:

But stardew is coming right?

*suddenly... stardew valley and super mario world and every perfect switch game come in bringing cake, snackage, drinks, and meal items*

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mario Maker when

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

ARMS is good, but it is not for everyone. I find it to be a great game to learn patience, and I enjoy that since I have trouble with it in other fighting games. :shobon:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Kurtofan posted:

I have my carry on laptop bag with me so I just have the switch in the official Zelda case in it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

Switch in case in bag. Is there another way to do it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is ARMS fighting anything like Wii Godfather?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

In Arms you can't bribe a cop to let you throw molotov cocktails at pedestrians, so not really.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
ASMR: caring and supportive Rabbid Yoshi flanks you

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

What does this mean?

He's talking about the McDonald's Splatfest.

His gripe is that during the Splatfest, you are forced to choose a team and only play Splatoon as if it's 100% casual and for fun and that other modes are locked out. Within this, he also complains that you have to choose between two items that are sponsored by McDonalds, making him believe the event is 100% for Nintendo's financial gain.

All this is fine by me though, I like playing Splatoon, but I understand the core of his issues.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He's being that dude who gets incredibly mad that he has to play the casual fun turf war instead of the SUPER HARDCORE AND SERIOUS ranked modes for a day.

LODGE NORTH posted:

He's talking about the McDonald's Splatfest.

Which isn't for a while yet and isn't this one.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

njsykora posted:

And is only for Japan.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Bought this this week. Not only is it fresh, it also works as a stand for unstable surfaces. There is also a plain variant of the case, but who would want that?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

njsykora posted:

He's being that dude who gets incredibly mad that he has to play the casual fun turf war instead of the SUPER HARDCORE AND SERIOUS ranked modes for a day.

It's funny because Splatfest Turf War is anything but casual in higher power levels.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
higher power levels

gallilee
Jul 24, 2001

Imagine when you're about to get your dick sucked by the alien from aliens and she's like "ahaha guess i gotta bring out my little mouth for this one"
Best Switch case

https://www.sfbags.com/collections/nintendo-3ds-cases/products/nintendo-switch-cityslicker-case

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
did you guys know that SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY IS OUT NEXT MONTH, only for the perfect console.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

lmao @ people who said the switch would have a terrible first year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Scholtz posted:

It's a terrible year if you hate good games!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scholtz posted:

Generally speaking, consoles do not have a good launch year. The Switch's has been a very amazing outlier. You get whatever was made specifically for the launch window, then you're stuck waiting a year for everyone else who got their hands on a dev kit and started putting something together with it post-launch.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

What does this mean?

the free-to-play 60$ retail game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

tim are you saying maybe some posters got overly hyped about a mediocre game because they were starved for console exclusives? :thunk:

Really makes you stop and think...

[quote="“HyperPuma”" post="“476020548”"]
*suddenly... stardew valley and super mario world and every perfect switch game come in bringing cake, snackage, drinks, and meal items*
[/quote]

Hellllll yeah

• Locked thread