Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oliax
Aug 19, 2011

Bavaro-Mancunian
Friendship Society
The division level unlocks are strange. Do they not unlock until you complete the level? I am now Level 2 on infantry, but it still won't let me attach the third primary attachment. The third box appears, but I can't click on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Oliax posted:

The division level unlocks are strange. Do they not unlock until you complete the level? I am now Level 2 on infantry, but it still won't let me attach the third primary attachment. The third box appears, but I can't click on it.

It's a bug. Select another Division, then reselect Infantry and you can then use a third attachment.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WW2... is bad. Tolerable with goons. But just straight up bad and good netcode alone won’t save it.

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

WW2... is bad. Tolerable with goons. But just straight up bad and good netcode alone won’t save it.

I feel bad taking that key now but it's certainly saved me $60. This game is garbo. I'll wait for Battlefront 2.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I really miss my hyper mobile jump mans from BO3. I get that the PLEBS were sick of the future poo poo but this just feels like a huge downgrade to me from even BO2, muchless 3. Everything feels so much slower and clunkier and I'm really not crazy about something as basic as the Stock being specific to a class.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm enjoying the second weekend of the WW2 beta. It's way more fun to me than Infinite Warfare (which was loving garbage) and BlOps3. I think it's the best since Advanced Warfare and I'm glad I pre-ordered it v:shobon:v

e: Honestly, I think the screams when someone gets killed with an incendiary shell/molotov make this game worth the $60 alone.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 3, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Weird. I've played several matches between last night and tonight and only the one I just finished was on Aachen. Wasn't that supposed to be the thing that differentiated this weekend's beta from last weekend's? :confused:

Although I've exclusively been playing TDM, so maybe that's why.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:laffo:

Good netcode is why this game will succeed.
(and microtransactions. Lots of microtransactions)

Enjoy your lovely tic rate CoD and systemic bugs by a third rate dev.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

[quote="“Mister Facetious”" post="“476027658”"]

[/quote]

4 bad maps (so far), terrible guns (thanks to 3 amazing guns), non existent hit feedback, endless grande spawning, the most horrible UI/lobby/party setup and terrible map philosophy? Sure thing sign me the gently caress up! At least I’ll have a good connecting to this slow as gently caress camping 2018 experience! - Macy’s, probably.

IW is fun as all hell and will continue to be fun as a hell. The only good things I’ll give WW2 are:
- Netcode
- Gun sounds
- Also ok loading times I guess?

You can’t soundwhore, they “fixed” the spawns so hard that now instead of constant flipping it’s hard loving camping thanks to the map layouts. Like there’s nothing fun about the game. At all. It’s just a dreary return to the 360 era CODs were there was no innovation and poo poo was bad and MWR already showed us how “popular” that poo poo is a decade late.

Actually now that you mentioned it, have they said what/how the micro transactions will work? Is it all cosmetics or will they do weapons and poo poo?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

non existent hit feedback, wrong
You can’t soundwhore, wrong
slow as gently caress camping 2018 experience! wrong. Offence has never been easier for me

Actually now that you mentioned it, have they said what/how the micro transactions will work? Is it all cosmetics or will they do weapons and poo poo? don't know, don't care

The rest of your incoherent schadenfreude is irrelevant, because the game actually works, and that's all that matters

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
I'm glad someone is getting what they wanted out of WW2, but the overall game design philosophy is not for me and it feels like whatever they did to fix Macys' connection degraded mine. Three entire toggle action shots, at arms length, eaten by the void.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We can all at least still agree that Mario x Rabbids is GOTY 2017.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We can all at least still agree that Mario x Rabbids is GOTY 2017.

Not Odyssey?

Actually, it's kinda crazy just how many the Switch will have competing for top ten.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Not Odyssey?

Actually, it's kinda crazy just how many the Switch will have competing for top ten.

This is the first time in a god drat long while I’m buying a new game almost monthly and having a drat good time. 2017 has been pretty drat good in the fun department.

(I’m sure Odyssey will be amazing).

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I need to buy me a Switch, thanks goons!

Also I got a quad feed somehow doing what I do best.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Alright it seems the grip does nearly jack poo poo just like how it used to back in Black ops 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knrri-CL_qM

Take that poo poo off and just go with quickdraw and something else (high caliber, FMJ (quite useful this time around), advanced rifling etc)

Also after dealing with propulsion abusing nerds in IW, there's a certain satisfaction in knowing people won't be coming at me from 1 mile above me, but I must say IW really has really good gun balance, even during the beta it was great.

Bonby fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 3, 2017

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Mister Facetious posted:

nobody on earth buys games for the strength of the netcode

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

eleven extra elephants posted:

nobody on earth buys games for the strength of the netcode

And yet, people like CS:GO; a terrible game with zero variety to it except cosmetics, but uses the best servers money can buy.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

I got the beta late but I am not feeling it atm. 90% of my games are smg spam and endless call on streaks in non war game modes. War is like a small version of BF RUSH which is fine if i could get people not wanting to play TDM all day and do the loving objectives.

Maybe if i stop playing with pubs it will be better. Add me on xbox: SuperXArmour.

TacticalHoodie fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 3, 2017

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I actually don't mind the new map but it is a sniper paradise.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

Add me on xbox: SuperXArmour.

Yeah, never play alone, only play with goons. Your frustration will go down, and your wins will go up.

Last night, we couldn't get the damned tank to the finish line (the enemies just respawn too loving fast), but we stuffed them completely at the bridge, because they'd only go one at a time.

All the maps thus far have been crap though, except mayybe the Ardennes.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 3, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Garand is kind of blah but the new rifle (the M1A1?) is pretty solid. The penetration isn't great but it's better than SMGs.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The Garand is kind of blah but the new rifle (the M1A1?) is pretty solid. The penetration isn't great but it's better than SMGs.

Weird, I find it to be the opposite; I love the Garand. The carbine just doesn't hit hard enough for me.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
m1a1 is a 3 hit kill at any distance, no recoil and with decent penetration, the Garand is a two hit kill at any distance but with significant recoil, I feel the penetration isn't as good as the M1A1 however.

Overall I feel safer playing with the m1a1 but the garand can make you dangerous up close as well.

Shotgun wise I've been having a good ol' time with the pump action (1st shotgun), adsing helps a lot to land those 1 hit kills at a decent distance. Though I've got to say so far all you need in this game to do well is PPSH for close distances, STG for medium ranges, commonwealth for sniping.

Sadly 3 of the 4 maps have really great corner whoring capabilities so the PPSH dominates the beta.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

BobbyBaudoin posted:

m1a1 is a 3 hit kill at any distance, no recoil and with decent penetration, the Garand is a two hit kill at any distance but with significant recoil, I feel the penetration isn't as good as the M1A1 however.

Overall I feel safer playing with the m1a1 but the garand can make you dangerous up close as well.

Shotgun wise I've been having a good ol' time with the pump action (1st shotgun), adsing helps a lot to land those 1 hit kills at a decent distance. Though I've got to say so far all you need in this game to do well is PPSH for close distances, STG for medium ranges, commonwealth for sniping.

Sadly 3 of the 4 maps have really great corner whoring capabilities so the PPSH dominates the beta.

Pretty much this, it's a death laser if you rattle off shots but if you can compensate for the Garand recoil it is more efficient. I am just a scrub lord and have difficulty compensating, so the zero recoil M1A1 strikes a better chord for me.

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

I feel like the only person using the grease gun but with quick draw and fmj i am just ripping people apart. I hope they dont change it on release.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The reload spring from the M1 is the third most offensive thing about this game. Holy poo poo is that sound louder than it needs to be.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I used to love the semi-auto rifles from back in the day, and the FAL is probably my favorite gun in the series, but I can't get either of the semi-autos to work for me in WW2. I routinely have both guns just stop firing after 1 or 2 shots, and then die. I don't hold down the triggers when using semi-autos, and I have this situation every game where I will be tapping the trigger and having nothing happen.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Whiskey A Go Go! posted:

I feel like the only person using the grease gun but with quick draw and fmj i am just ripping people apart. I hope they dont change it on release.

Grease Gun is underrated. The 3HK range is pretty substantial, and I really like it with suppressor. TBH none of the SMGs in the game right now are currently a bad pick. Even when Sledgehammer lowered sprint-out times, SMGs saw the biggest buff.

Mister Facetious posted:

All the maps thus far have been crap though, except mayybe the Ardennes.

Ardennes is the one map I like because a variety of weapons can flourish. Yet I still have a big complaint with Ardennes: all the junk in the middle lane conveniently placed to keep engagement distance limited.

Leftover MWR clip.

https://giant.gfycat.com/VigilantSelfassuredAfricancivet.mp4

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Its really hard for me to figure out how big the grenade radius explosion is in WW2.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

soggybagel posted:

Its really hard for me to figure out how big the grenade radius explosion is in WW2.

Icon is red, you're already dead. Icon is black, you're okay, jack.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If anybody wants to party up on PS4 tonight while the gettin's good, I'm on at the moment, ViewtifulJeff.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

JackGeneric posted:

Icon is red, you're already dead. Icon is black, you're okay, jack.

:golfclap:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

widespread posted:

Would you recommend rapid fire for it? I tried it and oof, it feels slow for a follow up.

From I used with it, it seems a bit better

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Today I learned that airborne can drop shot

VVV I meant the scorestreak, not the class

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 4, 2017

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
that's weird, I leaned that 24 seconds into my first match

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Facetious posted:

The rest of your incoherent schadenfreude is irrelevant, because the game actually works, and that's all that matters
Not for me it doesn't. Finally got to spend some time and it's the same old hitching, no-hitmarker, killed around a corner poo poo. At least in BO3/IW I can jump around like an rear end in a top hat, I didn't even use/need my Scuf because you jump 6 inches in the air and dolphin diving is only good for capping points in style. I'll be on today if anyone is running, just to see if it's at least tolerable with goons. If even that can't save it then I'll save my $60.

e: also watching people quickscope and having the crosshairs a good 3 feet above and to the side of someone isn't making me very excited

TacticalHoodie
May 7, 2007

So I played the beta for quite a bit last night and all I can say about the game is meh. As much as I wanted the game to be like OG CoD with boots on the ground, this feels too much like the more recent games without jetpacks and wall riding. War is the only mode I had fun in because there was no kill streaks to spam across the map and there was a clear objective in mind without having people do TDM first then whatever second. Even though I died often, I still felt like I was contributing toward the objective and, doing flanking attacks and frontal assaults felt epic with the 6v6 matches.

The rest of the modes were kinda garbo. Domination was just grenade spam and SMGs with snipers everywhere. It made using anything but the PPSH or Waffen 28 ineffective. I had success with the Grease Gun only with FMJ and QuickDraw, but I wanted to use the STG44 more but the lower rate of fire meant I died before I could get a kill off most of the time. Hardpoint was just TDM in a section and just camping with SMGs and Snipers unless the other team got kill streaks and they just spammed it all the time until the end of the match. Kill Confirmed was interesting but why did they not put it as a game mode then putting it into the Mosh Pit. Most of the Maps has far too many choke points and little room to flank for side assaults.

I wish I got into the beta sooner with goons to see what the experience was but I am hesitant to put money down on it at the moment. I wanted to like it along with the challenge of playing FPS on the console when I been playing them on PC, but there are too many things that rubbed me the wrong way in this beta. I really don't want to pay 90 Canadian dollars to play War 24/7 when the majority of people are going to be playing game modes with things that do not make my game experience enjoyable. I mean I can wait for the PC beta but I know there will no community on the game in a few months time after release.

*Edit* gently caress this game. I just died 10 times in a row from Kill Streak Spam in a domination match from spawn.

TacticalHoodie fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 4, 2017

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Uh my dude the streaks in this game might be the worst in CoD history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Agreed. I'll post my eight hit, zero kill Artillery Strike later tonight.

• Locked thread