Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

"The chosen ones" :wtc:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Wow the subreddit is really mad about Org flair for their posts. Top 10 orgs ghave custom flairs people can use + the one the mod put in because hes a member of it.

Especially weird considering orgs have literally 0 function in game and won't for several years (or ever).

It's literally all they have. Don't take this away from them too.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Watching them see goons under every rock is one of this thread's consistent and longest-running amusements.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Mr.Tophat posted:

If you don't wash NPCs will have a different reaction to you, they'll react by turning into Jay Sherman

I remember Crobits said you need to take a bath because npcs will notice you and know that you are a hobo.

Also everytime you die you get a scars or cybernetics augmentation Lol

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

happyhippy posted:

loving hell.

No mining, no cargo, no loving gameplay what so ever.
And they wonder if you have to use the bathroom as a game mechanic.

Poll: Should Star Citizen have toilet paper or the three shells?

THIS IS IMPORTANT!

But I don't know how to use the shells. :blush:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

quote:

I'm sorry...but are they ACTUALLY trying to see a $400 ship?

I just...I can't...this is a joke, right?
I SWEAR someone said they'd start selling "$1,000 ships before they ever finish the game,"
And told them "NAAA cmon at SOME POINT they have to stop selling ships and just make the game work. Right? They can't just sell ships for ever and keep scamming people."
Jesus. Christ.
This might be it, I might be out. 3.0 was supposed to be mid-2017, it's gonna be mid-2018 at this point.
I think I might be done. It's been a fun 5 years, but this is it. It's a scam. It's always been a scam...
Thanksgiving I didn't waste my money on a Connie. Goddamit...and after this last Gamescon?
No, yeah, I'm out. Man this sucks...

u ok commando? :ohdear:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

EminusSleepus posted:

I remember Crobits said you need to take a bath because npcs will notice you and know that you are a hobo.

Molyneux would be proud

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ash1138 posted:

CIG people reading the thread: if there's any doubt that you need to start looking for a new job, start looking for a new job

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LOL!! That guy is insane. And it's not like he doesn't know that it's actually false or anything.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 3, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

EminusSleepus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXnNwUmnl3o&t=656s
Chris: "so you'll probably need to sleep eventually, after too long you might perform worse 'cause you're tired, or you need to eat occasionally, or if you don't shower for a while some NPCs won't want to talk to you 'cause you smell, etc etc. I'm not saying we go to the level of full-life simulation, but it'd be fun to have these things have a small effect on how you're perceived or how you exist in the universe. Our goal is to make SC as much as real universe as possible"

:gary:

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
In my dream scenario when Crobbers becomes desperate to bring the world his ~vision~ but does not have enough footage to make a sensical movie or make a game around it he just releases star citizen as an escape the room ios title with fmv cutscenes

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Hey ghoul (I bet you read this forum), if it's so easy to see where CIG and SC are headed, and everything is all nicely laid out to remove all doubt as to their overall plan...

Then loving explain one, 1, uno, ONE single solitary game loop that is going to be in SC, start to finish, with a degree of accuracy worthy of your high praises. I bet you can't, and I wonder why that is. :)

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hmm, this is an old thing. I already mocked it ages ago...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
There are pirates attacking our convoy, quick go protect our tro.....wait you smell of poo!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Chosen? Chosen for what exactly?

Why are :reddit: people so fundamentally broken brained?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Bootcha posted:

So hey guys, remember when CIG was hawking those T-Shirts, hats, coffee cups, and mouse pads? You remember any other merch they sold?

Didn't they sell citizen cards as well?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Molyneux would be proud

Kojima wouldn't, since that's old hat in his book.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

xXAdmiralBekHarXx posted:

Wow the subreddit is really mad about Org flair for their posts. Top 10 orgs ghave custom flairs people can use + the one the mod put in because hes a member of it.

Especially weird considering orgs have literally 0 function in game and won't for several years (or ever).

I think it's a CIG plan to get the top orgs to compete in creating new fake Citizen accounts to get or stay in the top ten. The result should be similar to the referral system.

WTB 500 Citizen Accounts

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Xaerael posted:

Hmm, this is an old thing. I already mocked it ages ago...

Yeah but I'd forgotten it and seeing it again still made me laugh.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

boviscopophobic posted:

What's that little upward jog at the end of the curve there? Could it be... yes, it's another probable completionist possibly followed by a Javelin! It's been a few months since we saw this type of activity.

loving :laffo: if someone saw the GC2017 presentation and went "Yah, that looked totally legit; amma go give them $20K"

This is just more evidence they have have to be manipulating that funding chart.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 3, 2017

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Virtual Captain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXnNwUmnl3o&t=656s
Chris: "so you'll probably need to sleep eventually, after too long you might perform worse 'cause you're tired, or you need to eat occasionally, or if you don't shower for a while some NPCs won't want to talk to you 'cause you smell, etc etc. I'm not saying we go to the level of full-life simulation, but it'd be fun to have these things have a small effect on how you're perceived or how you exist in the universe. Our goal is to make SC as much as real universe as possible"

:gary:

If you don't bathe, subsumption AI NPCs will go have drinks with the Agent and call you a weirdo smell guy

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

It's an easy visual identifier to help goon-proof the sub.

Anyone without the 'right' badge is automatically a goon. Makes downvoting a breeze.

Because goons have never successfully infiltrated online groups to generate laughs before.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Sillybones posted:

They are spending money making this instead of a game. The game they are meant to be making is a burning pile of garbage.

Is Star Citizen the most expensive game ever yet?

With every dollar spent on SC being equal to 4 dollars at a scrub tier studio it's by far the most expensive game ever attempted. Thank you for reading.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I want to touch on this momentarily because I was thinking about it the other day.

CIG has, what, something like 400 employees, with additional ex-employees and contractors, some of whom have obviously left on not-the-best terms. In a company like that, leaks are effectively inevitable. Surely even the most devoted of SC backers have, at some point, been stuck at or fired from a job where they hated the higher-ups and would have loved to gotten revenge; if there was a dude with a sandwich board outside yelling about how terrible the place they worked at is, isn't it understandable to want to slip them some inside information under the table to stick it to the man?

So with that in mind, we turn to the fact that Derek's public pronouncements when he claims to have an inside source are pretty consistently incorrect. Derek says CIG is closing a studio-- CIG keeps the studio open. Derek says CIG is naming a ship one thing, CIG names the ship another thing (with an amusing side trip to the Aegis Potato, but that's neither here nor there). Derek says they're going to show one thing at a show, CIG has a buggy-rear end presentation about another thing that's strangely shorter than you'd expect for something planned so far in advance.

So there's two options:
- Derek is making up things wholesale, nobody would ever talk to him, and unlike literally any other company in existence, everything is absolutely perfect in CIG land and there are no current or ex employees who would ever leak information to a vocal and very visible company antagonist. :mensch:

- There are actually people leaking to Derek.

And if the latter is the case, if any (not all, not even most, just any) of the information that's been leaked to him was accurate, publicly stated by him and turned out to be wrong, that means CIG is intentionally making modifications to their roadmap to for the sole purpose of spiting an internet blogger. That's way more :psyduck: than any of the hosed up presentations or missed deadlines, in my book. If you're running your company and changing the entire roadmap for the sole purpose of "making an internet forum poster look bad", nobody should be trusting you to run a McDonalds drivethrough, let alone a $156 million dollar development effort.

tl;dr: People blaming Derek Smart for ruining Star Citizen may be closer to a sickening and heartbreaking truth than they realize.

:perfect:

Also consider that when they called me out in the media - during which they lied - after I wrote a blog, then croberts subsequently wrote an entire diatribe with me as the focus, I think it stands to reason that they (by way of Chris, Sandi, Ortwin), made it personal. So, seeing as they know that there are people talking to me, and that there are public people reading my writings, I see how they would do everything they can to thwart and discredit me.

I think my 3.0 revelations since last year, hit them harder than most, since it was 100% on the money.

Just wait, the worst is yet to come, and I am still waiting the "all clear" before I commit it to writing. It's completely unprecedented and is the final phase in the E.L.E.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Tippis posted:

Kojima wouldn't, since that's old hat in his book.

I was more saying that Molyneux would be proud for the reckless and unfettered promises, but ya, you're right. Did your fellow soldiers at mother base complain about the smell when you approached them? It's been a while.

panic at the zoo
Aug 3, 2017

EminusSleepus posted:

Someone please suggest SmellOIP on their forums. It's a USB addon that is shaped like a nose and it translates your BO into the game. Maybe he'll go for it.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
I can't wait to see one of these imaginary orgs loosing a gigantic 500 ship fleet battle because everybody had to go to the toilet and then wash their hands

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Just wait, the worst is yet to come, and I am still waiting the "all clear" before I commit it to writing. It's completely unprecedented and is the final phase in the E.L.E.

ETA? A month? Two weeks?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Berious posted:

it's sickening and heartbreaking that youtube is tarnishing a bunch of real games with the star citizen logo

:perfect:
:five::five::five:

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Original content do not steal

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Mr.Tophat posted:

I was more saying that Molyneux would be proud for the reckless and unfettered promises, but ya, you're right. Did your fellow soldiers at mother base complain about the smell when you approached them? It's been a while.

They didn't complain — after all, you're The Boss… kind of… — but it could trigger a couple of special scenes and affect how animals and enemies would react to you. It might have had some effect on morale as they “complained behind your back”, but I don't quite remember either.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

happyhippy posted:

There are pirates attacking our convoy, quick go protect our tro.....wait you smell of poo!
lol

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Coutts and co's ballifs burst into CIG's studios and start picking up everything of value

Chris Roberts gets up from his chair and confronts them, "What's the gently caress is the meaning of this? Put those computers down! Leave those desks where they are! I demand an explanation!"

"Sir I've been told to tell you this on behalf of Coutts and co," a bailiff says as he reaches into his jacket pocket and produces a small piece of paper. He clears his throat and reads aloud, "You clearly don't understand sequestration development."

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

http://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=ohwkcbpfdtjrzrz6
The Worm In Paradise, 1985.

Walkthrough: "If you don't shower REGULARLY the Droids may refuse to serve you."

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

quote:

The Titanic posted:

German people in general take a lot of offense at this sort of thing. I know that you won't concede that perhaps you've gone too far, and just agree to not go further, but I hope that you will.

I actually wrote a big post about your original comment where you first said this, but erased it because I didn't feel like dragging it out more and maybe nobody else would notice it and I was just being over sensitive.

Though I hope you understand when you use words like this, it's not just singly directed at your target, but a lot of people will be offended by it, both people who support you and those who don't. It's really just not a thing worth trying to continue. We can all pick on Star Citizen without bringing up topics that offend a great deal of people.

Anyhow that's my take on it. I hope we can just pick on Star Citizen in peace without insulting large groups of people. :)

D_Smart posted:
Yeah, I am actually done with it. I realize now how, regardless of context or usage, how it would be considered insensitive to some of our German friends who take that sort of thing seriously.

Thank you, friend! :)

No worries. I already removed it from the second paragraph of this GC2017 post where it first appeared.

ps: Here is another contextual use by someone else.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

CIG devs on the forum, I don't think anybody blames you for the poo poo functionality of your game, though I hope you are working towards an actual game instead of "the next scam demo to get money".

If you're knowingly doing that, I hope you see that it's not cool and just get a new job. :(

And if you're not, I hope you get a new job. You may have talent but it'll never come to pass underneath CR, which I know you're probably very cognizant of at this point.

I'm sorry you guys have to be on the inside of this poo poo. It's funny for us to laugh at and be shocked at, but it's an entirely different situation when you're working under these conditions. I've been there and done that and felt horrible and crushed and hopeless, too.

Ultimately though you lead your own destiny, and you're never "stuck" anywhere so long as you don't give up. Don't let some washed up chump fill your head with a failure complex. Do what's right and best for you and your family.

CIG devs reading this forum; you loving cowards. Just LEAK ALL THE THINGS. it's a crowd-funded project, thus qualifies it as being in the "public interest". CIG can't do poo poo about it if you leak all the bullshit that's going on. Just stay away from the following "media" publications: ALL of them. Especially PC Gamer! If you must, go to the fringe ones who aren't in the CIG or Swofford pockets. e.g. Kotaku, Kotaku UK, PC Invasion, Forbes (gaming).

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 3, 2017

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Mr.Tophat posted:

Coutts and co's ballifs burst into CIG's studios and start picking up everything of value

Chris Roberts gets up from his chair and confronts them, "What's the gently caress is the meaning of this? Put those computers down! Leave those desks where they are! I demand an explanation!"

"Sir I've been told to tell you this on behalf of Coutts and co," a bailiff says as he reaches into his jacket pocket and produces a small piece of paper. He clears his throat and reads aloud, "You clearly don't understand sequestration development."

You laugh, but I've seen this actually happen.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Loxbourne posted:

You laugh, but I've seen this actually happen.

Wasn't there some British studio back in the '80s/'90s that had that happen to them while a documentary team was shooting for their feature on this new, up-and-coming industry and its star players?

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Tippis posted:

Wasn't there some British studio back in the '80s/'90s that had that happen to them while a documentary team was shooting for their feature on this new, up-and-coming industry and its star players?
Yeah, Imagine. Employees turned up one morning (with camera crew in tow) to find all of the doors locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Golli posted:

It's an easy visual identifier to help goon-proof the sub.

Anyone without the 'right' badge is automatically a goon. Makes downvoting a breeze.

Because goons have never successfully infiltrated online groups to generate laughs before.

:parrot: :laugh: :parrot: