Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Matt has made a three post response to that guy's ludicrously uninformed comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

CIG devs reading this forum; you loving cowards. Just LEAK ALL THE THINGS. it's a crowd-funded project, thus qualifies it as being in the "public interest". CIG can't do poo poo about it if you leak all the bullshit that's going on. Just say away from the following "media" publications: ALL of them. Especially PC Gamer! If you must, go to the fringe ones who aren't in the CIG or Swofford pockets. e.g. Kotaku, Kotaku UK, PC Invasion, Forbes (gaming).

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

panic at the zoo posted:

Someone please suggest SmellOIP on their forums. It's a USB addon that is shaped like a nose and it translates your BO into the game. Maybe he'll go for it.

~fidelity~

Welcome commando, what's your star citizen story?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Just leak the things please. It's more fun for you and us, you'll have a clearer conscience and have performed a valuable service to your fellow gamers. You'll still be a gamer when CIG is dead and gone, right?

Just take a few basic precautions, a secondary gmail account with https://cryptup.org/ is probably plenty.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 3, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Wait, if there is there toilet game play, does that mean we can role hygene inspectors?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

happyhippy posted:

Wait, if there is there toilet game play, does that mean we can role hygene inspectors?
Rubbing is in.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
We all know the answer to this one, I think.

Does it make financial sense for CIG to ever release this game?

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
A golf swing mechanic to aim for the center of the bowl.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of...
Someone got that gif of that missile being a goon and rubbing itself against a ship?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

IP over face is what I'm excited about.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Bootcha posted:

Speaking of...
Someone got that gif of that missile being a goon and rubbing itself against a ship?

This? I'm a real archivist now!

http://i.imgur.com/P0hx7Rn.mp4

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

notoriousman posted:

Oh, duh! Sometimes you'll have to hit the sides if you're trying to be stealthy about it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Matt has made a three post response to that guy's ludicrously uninformed comment.

You're Matt Brady lmao

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Berious posted:

Cute catte imo

By zoological convention, sharks are actually dogges

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Yeah, development just started ramping up

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

CIG devs reading this forum; you loving cowards. Just LEAK ALL THE THINGS. it's a crowd-funded project, thus qualifies it as being in the "public interest". CIG can't do poo poo about it if you leak all the bullshit that's going on. Just stay away from the following "media" publications: ALL of them. Especially PC Gamer! If you must, go to the fringe ones who aren't in the CIG or Swofford pockets. e.g. Kotaku, Kotaku UK, PC Invasion, Forbes (gaming).

Says the guy teasing that he is waiting for the "All Clear" from some mysterious source before writing the "ELE" that we have all been waiting for. :smuggo:

D_Smart posted:

Just wait, the worst is yet to come, and I am still waiting the "all clear" before I commit it to writing. It's completely unprecedented and is the final phase in the E.L.E.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

milk milk lemonade posted:

You're Matt Brady lmao

You're laughing now. Just wait till Shitizens read that and start theory-crafting it :laffo:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Golli posted:

It's an easy visual identifier to help goon-proof the sub.

Anyone without the 'right' badge is automatically a goon. Makes downvoting a breeze.

Because goons have never successfully infiltrated online groups to generate laughs before.

Shhhhhh... :discourse:

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Virtual Captain posted:

This? I'm a real archivist now!

I don't really understand archive development but from what I've picked up here and there you need to speculate about somebody's wang first.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Whoever you archer'd this from is p funny

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Thoatse posted:

Whoever you archer'd this from is p funny

Yeah, I pinched from the FDev thread :grin:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

notoriousman posted:

That wouldn't be very fidelitous to the backers. Make it more like Operation™ — they'll feel right at home with all that hot tweezer action.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
its an obvious photoshop

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
“Commando Takes a poo poo"
Teaser trailer
CitizenCon 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SomethingJones posted:

“Commando Takes a poo poo"
Teaser trailer
CitizenCon 2017
Shitworm in a snoopy cap was not a joke!

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Oh my god, The Agent's posts were just amazing.

It makes so much sense too, why CIG's demos for Gamescon and Citizencon 2016 were so uncharacteristically polished and smooth. They literally had nothing other than their lovely broken 2.x build and just hired Behaviour Interactive to mock up a 'game' which showed their plans.

If and when CIG financially implode, it'll be an absolutely spectacular clusterfuck, and I can imagine tons of publications will be picking through the remains afterwards trying to figure out what went wrong, and the only answer that will come up will be a big neon red flashing sign saying "CHRIS ROBERTS" over and over.

That said, Behaviour Interactive looks like they did a pretty sweet job with the 3.0 demos, maybe they should start a kickstarter for a space trading game? :v:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

And once the sperm penetrates the ship, it creates a new baby commander.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Herald was going to be an asymmetric design. But like the missing seat in the other one, concept jpegs lose their luster once released.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

happyhippy posted:

And once the sperm penetrates the ship, it creates a new baby commander.

I think I'll name him Gunner

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Latin Pheonix posted:

It makes so much sense too, why CIG's demos for Gamescon and Citizencon 2016 were so uncharacteristically polished and smooth. They literally had nothing other than their lovely broken 2.x build and just hired Behaviour Interactive to mock up a 'game' which showed their plans.

If and when CIG financially implode, it'll be an absolutely spectacular clusterfuck, and I can imagine tons of publications will be picking through the remains afterwards trying to figure out what went wrong, and the only answer that will come up will be a big neon red flashing sign saying "CHRIS ROBERTS" over and over.

That said, Behaviour Interactive looks like they did a pretty sweet job with the 3.0 demos, maybe they should start a kickstarter for a space trading game? :v:

It's all in The July Blog :colbert:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/904421505240530944

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My home away from home is sitting in my home staring at a $400 .jpeg imagining game mechanics that will never come to exist in Star Citizen

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

This seems like it could be funnier.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

*Product not available in game now or possibly ever.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenAA/status/904418745715699713

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
nvm

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
"Captain Terence Drops a Log"
Reveal trailer
GDC 2018

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Latin Pheonix posted:

pretty funny that under those circumstances cr said 3.0 will be out by the end of 2016 and then presented a roadmap for a bunch of future patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
roberts isn't accountable for fraud once they shockingly declare bankruptcy, right?