Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

If next year is Pokemon followed by Kirby, Yoshi, Prime 4(?) and a other first party titles that's still going to be pretty solid. When you look at 3rd party games that could include DQ11, Monster Hunter, and others.

Pokemon's probably being aimed at as a holiday season game for next year if they can swing it, otherwise it'll probably be a summer 2019 game.

As the 3DS/2DS production ends and games that'd have been made on that platform move to the Switch either people who'd buy those handhelds will follow or they'd abandon it entirely for mobile gaming, which is unlikely.

Pokemon didnt even have the pittance of a title card like metroid. They probably started on it like yesterday. Late 2019 at the earliest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They may very well just do an HD remaster of like SuMo that's bundled with Ultra SuMo and call it a day. Never know!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
All they need to do is show me Animal Crossing Switch and they won't have to release another game for the rest of its life span. Please Nintendo I neee to help my little animal neighbors just grind it up and shoot it into my veins

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

All they need to do is show me Animal Crossing Switch and they won't have to release another game for the rest of its life span. Please Nintendo I neee to help my little animal neighbors just grind it up and shoot it into my veins

There's no way that's not coming. It'll just be another year or two due to them just releasing a pretty big update for New Leaf.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't forget the Animal Crossing mobile app is still supposedly coming this year

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

gently caress Odyssey, gently caress Valley, just give me F-Zero Switch damnit

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Don't forget the Animal Crossing mobile app is still supposedly coming this year

With the success of the Switch, are they still prioritizing mobile development?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Coldforge posted:

With the success of the Switch, are they still prioritizing mobile development?

All the mobile stuff isn't Nintendo itself, so there's really no conflict

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Millions posted:

Thanks! I did figure it out and got everything assembled properly... except now the gyro is somehow disabled. gently caress.

I'm not even sure which part of the controller is responsible for gyro, maybe I just forgot to plug a ribbon back in..?

It's definitely a ribbon cable somewhere, I messed up the ribbon cable for the trigger buttons and my whole controller didn't work, I had break it all down again just to get to the cable and fix it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Just give me Smash DX already and put Shovel Knight in tia

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Skyrim actually looking pretty smooth on Switch. Expected garbage framerate but hey, I guess it's been a few years and they've found ways to improve this rickety poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySEbEvJn0I

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is it Skyrim SE? They fixed basically all the horrible performance and crashing problems with that release.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Is it Skyrim SE? They fixed basically all the horrible performance and crashing problems with that release.

I've heard it's closer to the SE release than the older versions in terms of visuals and it def looks better than the old one. I actually never got to play any elder scrolls game so putting a fixed up superior version on a Switch will draw me in.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I want to like skyrim but I'm afraid I'll be spoiled by going anywhere in BOTW. I never played skyrim when it first came out and I'm guessing you can't just climb everything.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I want to like skyrim but I'm afraid I'll be spoiled by going anywhere in BOTW. I never played skyrim when it first came out and I'm guessing you can't just climb everything.

My biggest hang-up now is not being able to just leap off a cliff and glide down to the ground.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Cool, they've got motion controls working and the frames look decent.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Skyrim is the friggin worst for this, you can scale steep surfaces by doing goofy jumping bullshit but it feels terrible.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I really want to play Pikuniku https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EAqEPU_Qz4

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Cool, they've got motion controls working and the frames look decent.

Skyrim is the friggin worst for this, you can scale steep surfaces by doing goofy jumping bullshit but it feels terrible.

Movement in Skyrim is misery in general. You're too slow, your sprint drains way too fast and your stamina takes forever to recover, fall damage will gently caress you up, and yeah you have to finagle yourself up mountains and hills.
Also there's a flash step like dash but it takes forever to recover and you need to upgrade it to make it worth a drat

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Calaveron posted:

Movement in Skyrim is misery in general. You're too slow, your sprint drains way too fast and your stamina takes forever to recover, fall damage will gently caress you up, and yeah you have to finagle yourself up mountains and hills.
Also there's a flash step like dash but it takes forever to recover and you need to upgrade it to make it worth a drat

Maybe it's just me but I found that knowing where to go was a bit of a pain and that on the vanilla map the mountain paths weren't clearly marked. It wasn't until I installed a map mod that I could consistently tell where the proper mountain paths were.

I think with a better map I wouldn't have ended up goofily jumping up so many cliffs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Skyrim still owns but holy hell is $60 really hard to loving justify. $30, definitely. $40, maybe. But nothing more than that.

drat Switch tax! :argh:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

If next year is Pokemon followed by Kirby, Yoshi, Prime 4(?) and a other first party titles that's still going to be pretty solid. When you look at 3rd party games that could include DQ11, Monster Hunter, and others.

As the 3DS/2DS production ends and games that'd have been made on that platform move to the Switch either people who'd buy those handhelds will follow or they'd abandon it entirely for mobile gaming, which is unlikely.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy with it. And I agree with the last part, I really hope developers dive right in with the portable series. Fire Emblem and Pokémon ok the way are great signs. I'm interested in what the Shin Megami Tensei game is, if it's a full new entry, is it 3d with HD models, is it a weird spinoff, etc.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Vikar Jerome posted:

did you guys know that SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY IS OUT NEXT MONTH, only for the perfect console.

And also Super Nintendo in twenty five days!

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

katkillad2 posted:

At this point I'm more concerned about year 2. Hopefully they didn't blow their load and are just being smart about not announcing things too early.

Xenoblade 2, Kirby and whatever the heck Retro is working on already guarantees a stellar year 2

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

InFlames235 posted:

I never played Xenoblade Chronicles but really want Chronicles 2 - is it worth it to pay $10 over retail for the 3DS version of Chronicles? I don't have a Wii anymore so 3DS is my only option and it's hard to find right now so it's getting marked up.

If you have a Wii U, you can get XC1 on the eshop which is the best version of the game. The 3DS version's graphics really take something out of the game, but otherwise it seems functionally fine. It's still worth playing I think, though I'd really try any other version over the 3DS one really.

That said, I don't think XC2's story is much related to XC1's though (as far as we know from preview material), so you don't need to *really* play the first game I think.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Just give me Smash DX already and put Shovel Knight in tia

What do you think his dair attacks will be

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Encountered a couple glitches in Slime-san. Normally if you enter a secret room in a level, you can't get the trophy for beating it within a certain time. However this functionality messed up and I got a trophy for beating a level in a whopping 6 seconds via secret room. I went and had a legit go at the time afterwards and pulled it off but I've still got that impossible high score sitting there.

Otherwise game owns. Does recruiting NPCs from stages have any gameplay effects or is it solely to beef up Slumptown with flavour text? Not that I don't love the flavour text. Cannot find the last NPC I recruited anywhere though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sudden Javelin posted:

Encountered a couple glitches in Slime-san. Normally if you enter a secret room in a level, you can't get the trophy for beating it within a certain time. However this functionality messed up and I got a trophy for beating a level in a whopping 6 seconds via secret room. I went and had a legit go at the time afterwards and pulled it off but I've still got that impossible high score sitting there.

Otherwise game owns. Does recruiting NPCs from stages have any gameplay effects or is it solely to beef up Slumptown with flavour text? Not that I don't love the flavour text. Cannot find the last NPC I recruited anywhere though.

they're usually in the same room as those arcade coins right? I think they're just extra flavor for town in addition to finding those coins.

I've only found one secret room in like 35 levels, I'm slacking

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Cartoon Man posted:

Skyrim still owns but holy hell is $60 really hard to loving justify. $30, definitely. $40, maybe. But nothing more than that.

drat Switch tax! :argh:

Doesn't it come with all the DLC though?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Theta Zero posted:

Doesn't it come with all the DLC though?

It's overpriced no matter what it comes out with

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Calaveron posted:

console commands (and mods) fix a lot of whats frustrating with skyrim, which makes me leery that it will be any good on the switch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

No but theres scripted content in abundance so you can play it forever if you like it and always find new poo poo. I got tired after a month or two when it came out but i put like 90 hrs into it.

I wouldnt go back personally now though.

Tldr its got what zelda dont and vice versa

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Calaveron posted:

It's in an awkward place where they stripped away a lot of the older rpg mechanics, but left the framework in place and tried to have it service a more action oriented game. It doesn't really work, I love exploring elder scrolls games but everything great about Skyrim is in spite of what they were trying to do, not because of it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They also hyped it pre launch with poo poo like "finally combat is good!"

But it was still pretty bad

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Counterpoint, Skyrim is a terrible game with a garbage story and boring combat and the only reason to own it is to slap a bunch of silly mods on it. If you want it just grab the original version on PC. It's dirt cheap and you could probably run it on a rock with some copper wire wrapped around it at this point.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

yes.
it is Skyrim: Switch Edition

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll give Skyrim a shot on Switch but the combat has always looked jank and boring in those games. I hope exploring the world makes up for that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The only Bethesda game I'll buy on the switch is New Vegas, and I'll believe that's happening when I see it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The only way to play Skyrim is to install a mod that gives you unlimited stamina, magic, money, and just download every spell that allows you to make the enemies either ragdoll limply to the ground or get blown the gently caress away into the stratosphere
I don't think I'll be able to do that on the Switch version

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

You don't actually play Skyrim, you download like 5000 mods off the Workshop and the game is getting the game to load properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I still love how much everyone was WOO SKYRIM until Zelda came out and now it's status has dropped off dramatically.

• Locked thread