Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Reading this LP makes me excited for DV3 when it comes out.

You'll do that too, riiiight? :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Glazius posted:

What kind of luck makes up for your friends dying, I wonder?

...getting your memory wiped? So you can't remember? poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo.

Them being rich and you inheriting their wealth? I dunno.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: As mentioned last time, we're going to finish up Nagito's Free Time Events today. He's hanging around Strawberry Tower right now.

: Wow...I can't believe how huge these buildings are...

What should I do? Should I hang out with Nagito?

> Invite Nagito to hang out

: Ah, I'm so blessed! I'm so happy I'm about to wet myself!
: Do you want to share our ideas about this building?

I spent time with Nagito today exchanging ideas. I guess Nagito and I grew a little closer today.

> Definitely!

Mukuro's Knife: A knife with Hope's Peak Academy's crest on it. The blade is too rusted to use.

: O-Oh my goodness...! I never expected to find something like this here...! I see... I was brought to this island just so I could obtain this...! I can't tell you how happy I am right now!
: Later on I realized what a bad idea it was to give Nagito a knife as a gift. Thankfully, presents don't actually contribute to the plot, though on the other hand Hajime's carrying around about 20 different food and drink items right now...
: Anyway, this present has an Amazing rating.

: To tell you the truth, I'm really happy, Hajime. With everything you've learned about me, you're still talking to me like this.
: ...Don't get the wrong idea. I'm...just a coward... I'm scared to leave someone like you alone when I don't understand you at all.
: Personally, I think it shows great courage to try to understand something you don't understand. You are definitely someone who embodies hope.

: Ahhh...I wonder what kind of light your talent is going to unleash.
: I really want to find out soon!
: Who cares about me...? Let's talk about you.
: Sure thing! I'll talk about anything you want!
: So let's start talking about the moment I came into this world!
: Do you even remember that...?
: Hahaha! Good point!

: But before that, can I ask you something?
: What do you think good luck is?

Good luck, huh... I'm not really sure I understand...but I think what Nagito's trying to say is...

> The opposite of bad luck

: Isn't good luck...just the opposite of bad luck?
: Of course not! For me, bad luck is just a part of having good luck.

That's right, you talked about nurses or whatever last time... Then...what is it?

> Absolute power

: Are you trying to say...good luck is absolute power?

: Precisely! For me, that's exactly what good luck is! Regardless...it's a power that has terrible results due to the fact that I can't wield it with my own will.

An absolute power you can't wield with your own will...? Isn't that a dangerous thing to have? No...I see... That's just how Nagito views it...

: Now then, let's start talking about me! Hmmm, where should I start...? I know! This happened when I was in elementary school.

: One day, my family and I were planning to board an airplane from the San Cristóbal Airport.

Where in the world is that?

: (It's an airport on the Galapagos Islands of Ecuador.)
: But surprise, surprise! After we boarded, the airplane was hijacked! Don't you think that's the worst luck? But surprisingly, a meteorite fell at exactly the right time...
: ...Well, for a meteorite, it was only the size of a closed fist. Anyway, that falling meteorite struck the hijacker and prevented any further problems. Don't you think that's an amazing act of good luck?
: But...the meteorite also hit my parents, and they died instantly. ...Don't you think that's a terrible act of bad luck?
: But in the end, I obtained my freedom and an immense inheritance. See? It was really amazing good luck all along, right!?

Nagito spoke about this even so optimistically, and my understanding just couldn't keep up with him... A plane hijacking...and a meteorite...? And his parents died right in front of him...?

: Ah, there was also this one time in middle school when I was kidnapped by a murderer. Man, don't you think that's just the worst luck?
: But coincidentally, I found a lottery ticket inside the trash bag that the murderer stuffed me in. After I was safely taken in by the police, I checked out the numbers without giving it much thought...
: Surprise! I won $300,000,000! Even I was amazed by this splendid act of good luck!

It's no use... My head's starting to hurt...

: And right before I entered Hope's Peak Academy...
: ...

: No, I shouldn't tell this story. It's impertinent of me to burden you with all this because of my pointless situation. Hahaha... *leaves*

After dominating the conversation, Nagito left... I feel like I still don't know much about him... But it seems like he has an understandable reason for his blind faith toward hope.

I feel like...I was at least able to understand that.

I was completely exhausted...so I left the area.

There...should be time for me to move around more freely...

: The final free time takes place in the Monokuma Archive. Considering Nagito's character, this somehow feels fitting.

: Hajime, are you getting along with the girls at Grape House?

What should I do? Should I hang out with Nagito?

> Invite Nagito to hang out

: Your gracious invitation makes me want to cry... There's no way I could decline...!

I spent time with Nagito today talking about various things... I guess Nagito and I grew a little closer today.

> Definitely!

Hope's Peak Ring: A school ring emblazoned with the Hope's Peak Academy school crest. It stands as proof of friendship between those who spent their youth together.

: O-Oh my goodness...! I never expected to find something like this here...! I see... I was brought to this island just so I could obtain this...! I can't tell you how happy I am right now!
: This present has an amazing rating.

: Hajime, why are you...?

: No, the reason doesn't matter. I just want to feel grateful for this good luck. I want to be thankful that there's someone who's interested in trash like me.
: The reason I'm here is because I wanted to hear the rest of what you were going to say earlier.
: I don't mind. It's no big deal anyway. Like I said before, my parents are dead. Since I had no other relatives, "it" took direct action against me.
: What does "it" mean...?

: My diagnosis. Stage 3 malignant lymphoma, and to top it off...it's accompanied by frontotemporal dementia.
: ...Huh?

: Even now...my brain is deteriorating bit by bit while I'm speaking to you...
: Y-You're kidding me, right...?
: My life expectancy is between half a year to a year... But right after I was diagnosed, I was accepted into Hope's Peak Academy... I believed that balanced things out... But now these killings are occurring, you know?
: As soon as my life entered the final round, it quickly became a rollercoaster ride! But it's going to be all right... No matter the bad luck that happens, good luck always lies just beyond it.
: The reason I'm alive is because I always believe there's hope...no matter what.

: Do you understand me now...Hajime...?

No matter what his reasons were, I couldn't forgive all the things Nagito had done.

That's...what I'd been believing. But still...

: Hajime...you and I are a lot alike....
: That's why you understand my feelings... I felt that from the start. I don't feel the unique aura that exists in those who have talent from you... I only detect the scent of a miserable bystander...just like me.

That...may be so, but...

: I'm not miserable.
: I'm...different from you!

: It seems there's no one who's willing to inherit my soul. I have no parents, no siblings, no relatives... Not even friends or acquaintances... Because of my self-righteous thoughts, everyone has distanced themselves from me.
: I was fine with that while I was still healthy, but it's quite lonely to die alone... Now that I'm on the verge of death, I've finally realized what I wanted all along: somebody's love.
: Y-You...!

: ...I read a book about something like that the other day.
: Huh...?
: It was right of me to cite a book written for the masses. Thanks to that, I was able to gain your empathy.
: Yes, I'm satisfied now.
: You...were lying...just now...? No...everything you've said up to this point...all of it... It was all...lies...?

: ...Have you finally decided to kill me? If you want, I'll prepare the perfect crime. Then you can kill me...and you'll be saved...
: Hahahahaha! Let's commit the crime together so despair can become the foundation of hope! You can do it! I believe in you! After all, you tolerated someone like me this entire time! I'm sure a bright hope is sleeping inside you, too!
: Nagito...just tell me one thing, and be honest. If you didn't have your Ultimate Luck...what would you be doing instead?

: I...
: I guess I would probably be living a peaceful life... A boring, normal life with no hope and no despair.
: ...I see.
: That's all. Goodbye.

I turned my back to him and as I walked away, I could hear Nagito's voice in the distance.

: Please, don't forget... From the bottom of my heart...I am truly in love with the hope that sleeps inside you.

In the end, everything Nagito said... I don't know what was true and what was lies. But even so, there might've been a definite truth hidden somewhere in his words...

If there wasn't...there's no way I could feel this mysterious bond between Nagito and me.

If...he does obtain the hope he wants, what is he going to do...? Strangely enough...I feel like I want to see that...

: Trance is a skill I've never used before but it's made for the Panic Talk Action minigame. Supposedly it helps speed up the tempo at a lower combo threshold. PTA is probably the minigame I have the hardest time with so hopefully this skill will help out.
: Completing Nagito's Free Time Events also unlocks a trophy/achievement titled Hope Springs Eternal.

I left the area...deep in thought...

No Music.

: Um...what time is it right now...?

Huh...it's already 10:00 p.m. Just as I thought...I can't get a sense of what time it is when there are no windows or Monokuma Announcements. It's still a little early but...I should go back to my room...

: Everyone's in their rooms, so there's no reason to hang around.

I'm trying to do my very best not to worry...but even I have my limits...

: I'm...hungry...

: Oooo, I heard that!
: Jeez...are you whining already? It's only your second day. It's so "Jeez!" of you to do this that all I can say is "Jeez!"

: You should just stop being stubborn. Hurry up and start the killing already!
: ...What do you want?
: My my, you don't even have the energy to be mad, huh?

: Well, I have good news for you guys! You've all lost your drive ever since you guys got here, right? You have the drive of an old man in his fifties.
: In order for you guys to get your energy back, I'm providing a special service with all my heart. Sooooo everyone please gather at Grape Tower tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m.!
: S-Seven in the morning...? There's no alarm clock in this room. How do you expect us to wake up!?
: That's your responsibility so you figure it out! By the way, being late is strictly prohibited!
: Okay then, good byeeeeee! *leaves*

Service with all your heart...huh...

It's no use...my stomach feels so empty, I can't stop thinking about food... If I know Monokuma... There's no way he'll provide that for us...

: ...Dammit.

I pulled up the thin covers of my futon, desperately trying to ignore my hunger pangs...and went to sleep.

: Today, I interviewed random strangers on the street and asked them, "What do you hate about Monokuma?" Here are the results!

-"He has a foul mouth, a terrible personality, and he's a rude pig...but he's still popular despite all that."
-"He's a lazy rear end who doesn't work hard at all, and yet he's more skilled and better than people who do."
-"Not only did God give him both hands, God gave him everything."
-"He always talks crap about others, but nobody really talks crap about him."
-"That he's willing to die to protect the woman he loves."
-"That he can't live without me."
-"He's usually cold toward me, but he takes good care of me when I'm sick."
-"He always slaps me around when he drinks, but afterward he cries and gently hugs me."
-"I hate that his job changed every time he gets a new job."
-"He's extremely responsive when other people say things like, 'drinks', 'group dates', and 'promotions'."
-"I hate that my daughter suddenly got curvier after she enrolled in middle school."

: Those were the results! Aw, I'm so loved! I don't think I'll belong to one person for a while!

----------

Nagito Komaeda's character art.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Nagito helps prove that he is the best character. He is very much like the Joker in that the audience doesn't know how much of his given backstory is the truth and how much of it is lies.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I could honestly believe that his parents were killed by a meteor.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

So, this was mistranslated, kind of? Someone already did an in-depth write up if you want that, but TLDR this is supposed to be an aborted confession of love.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I can believe he has dementia.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

Nagito helps prove that he is the best character. He is very much like the Joker in that the audience doesn't know how much of his given backstory is the truth and how much of it is lies.

I think interviews and other media like the DR3 anime and maybe despair girls imply at least the disease is the truth and he presented it as a lie because...well that's just how Nagito is

It would have been fun if, for this section, all of your food items defaulted to "Amazing" rating.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

FPzero posted:

: It seems there's no one who's willing to inherit my soul. I have no parents, no siblings, no relatives... Not even friends or acquaintances... Because of my self-righteous thoughts, everyone has distanced themselves from me.
: I was fine with that while I was still healthy, but it's quite lonely to die alone... Now that I'm on the verge of death, I've finally realized what I wanted all along: somebody's love.

My impression has been that these are the only two lines he recycled to get some empathy, although the whole thing is pretty soap opera-y so i get why people would think otherwise.

dancingbears posted:

So, this was mistranslated, kind of? Someone already did an in-depth write up if you want that, but TLDR this is supposed to be an aborted confession of love.

Although the translation would probably be more accurate with an ellipses between "love with" and "the hope", it still got through to me that Nagito is in love with Hajime in his own weird way.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I can believe he has dementia.

So do I... But do you see how he's so much more of an amazing character than Naegi, especially in terms of luck? For Naegi, his luck manifests as something that has a generally good outcome in the long run, even if there are short term consequences for Naegi himself, which contributes to his optimism, but Nagito's luck as he tells it here seen works a little differently... almost parasitic in nature, like a vampire, as he tells the story of his parents and his illness (true or not). And it paints a different story here: at last we can see the heart of what he's getting at: he has made his ultimate "foundation of hope" a religious belief, and he follows it with the fervor of a zealot. Because such an endpoint means that the terrible things that have happened to him and because of him will grant meaning and purpose to his life.

So yeah... he's a little broken. Wouldn't you be?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The difference between he and Naegi is that Naegi is truly the ultimate hope student, whilst Nagito represents what it means to be the ultimate lucky student.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Just imagine if they were in the same room together...

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

It might be worth suggesting people look into behavior variant frontotemporal dementia (bvFTD), which is an interesting and terrifying read. Basically, parts of the front of your brain start to atrophy or decay. There's a lot of potential symptoms, but they can include: apathy, emotional blunting, mood changes, greater struggles with impulse control, loss of inhibitions and manners, difficulty reading and understanding social situations, becoming more extroverted, saying or doing repetitive things, becoming fixed in the way they do things, and an inability to self-reflect on their actions or how they've changed. That almost sounds like somebody we know!

Stage 3 malignant lymphoma would mean that Nagito has cancer in his lymph nodes, either above and below the diaphragm or above the diaphragm and in the spleen. Less than a year to live sounds about right.

Also, I am convinced that Nagito is lying about lying. He was so shocked someone was paying attention to him that he blurted out his life story, and then his inferiority complex kicked in, and he had to ruin this for himself. Nagito's actions and personality are way, way too consistent with his stated backstory to be anything but the truth.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

As I recall Naegi's luck typically made things good for him at someone else's expense, according to that short story before DR1 took place.

If that's true, then it's kind of scary to think how his luck and Nagito's would work together.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

More like he spent his time messing around with Hinata's brain.

You can't even tell how much he's lying.

He's so twisted.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Since this doesn't really spoil anything that we haven't seen yet, here is my view of the difference between Makoto and Nagito's luck, based on all of the material that is available:

The difference is in what the outcome of the luck is: Makoto's luck ultimately protects him, whereas Nagito's luck ultimately gets him what he wants.

For Makoto, winding up in Hope's peak ultimately protected him from the tragedy by keeping the class locked in Hope's peak, away from the crazyness of the outside world. As another example, getting the room with the only door that wasn't set properly protected him by making it clear that he was the only person who couldn't have killed Sayaka.

For Nagito, his luck made sure that he would be the one cleaning the party cabin in the first chapter. And in his stories, his luck first gave him his freedom and immense heritage, what he wanted, by killing his parents, and he gained even more money, which he apparently wanted as well, by having him get kidnapped. Him landing in Hope's peak gave him a friend that would try to understand him in Hajime, which of course he would want. Even his FTD and Lymphoma could be from this, but i'm not sure how outside of massive speculation.

If these theories seem weak, it's because I based them around information outside of what we have seen, but only used examples based on what we have seen in these two LPs.

Also, since Makoto's luck takes a long time for the outcome to show up, it's hard to notice and predict.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
holy poo poo :stare:

Nagito is the best character in this game. He's so hosed up and twisted, but it's also kind of like, he could really use a hug?

Though unless there's more to the story (and he did cut off partway through adding something more...) the disease has to be a lie. If he'd had a year to live before enrolling in Hope's Peak he'd be dead by now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's important to share a background with your friends, so it's super-lucky that his past is multiple-choice!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zoe posted:

holy poo poo :stare:

Nagito is the best character in this game. He's so hosed up and twisted, but it's also kind of like, he could really use a hug?

Though unless there's more to the story (and he did cut off partway through adding something more...) the disease has to be a lie. If he'd had a year to live before enrolling in Hope's Peak he'd be dead by now.

I guess, to still be alive, he'd have to be a little

Lucky

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Zoe posted:

If only he had some kind of ultimate abillity to let him defy the odds...

Edit: thats what i get for leaving a reply open for too long

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

Blademaster_Aio posted:

More like he spent his time messing around with Hinata's brain.

You can't even tell how much he's lying.

He's so twisted.

Komaeda only got the Liar Disease because he is such an honest boy, do not doubt his love

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm glad we finally know who the romantic interest is in this game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Sindai posted:

I'm glad we finally know who the romantic interest is in this game.

It took you this long?

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Nagito's SL events did not disappoint and I can see why he's all twisted up. Having to live while horrible poo poo keeps happening to you or your loved ones, where they get hurt or worse, he's probably using his almost religious belief about luck and hope as a coping mechanism. Poor guy really needs that hug.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It's likely he's lying about lying, as someone else points out Frontotemporal Dementia really does line up with a lot of his more erratic behavior - and probably a deliberate choice, given if it's meant to be just a generic anime illness, they'd probably just stick to cancer.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
No one is talking about how Nagito is obviously Naegi - same height, weight, appearance and voice actor? And his name is an anagram of "Makoto Naegi da". So that means he's definitely not Naegi. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

Has this been talked about or has everyone silently agreed to not mention it? I think most of you have played the game before. I can't wait to find out where that goes.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
There's something that I've been wondering about Nekomaru's Free Time Events. With Nagito you had to do one event otherwise you would be locked out of the rest. Is it a similar case with Nekomaru?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

eating only apples posted:

No one is talking about how Nagito is obviously Naegi - same height, weight, appearance and voice actor? And his name is an anagram of "Makoto Naegi da". So that means he's definitely not Naegi. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.
Well, he has different hair, very different personality, and they do admit a new Ultimate Luck student every year.

And if there's any two people who could be so similar through sheer coincidence it would be them.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Has this been talked about or has everyone silently agreed to not mention it? I think most of you have played the game before. I can't wait to find out where that goes.

They are supposed to appear similar so that when Nagito goes nuts in the first trial it is that much more disconcerting.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Uh, he actually has completely different specs. He's half a foot taller, broader, and slightly heavier.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Mraagvpeine posted:

There's something that I've been wondering about Nekomaru's Free Time Events. With Nagito you had to do one event otherwise you would be locked out of the rest. Is it a similar case with Nekomaru?

All of Nekomaru and Mechamaru's Free Time Events are interchangeable. You can do his at any time, in any order.

Also on FTEs in this chapter: If the event requires you to go somewhere else (the beach, a cabin, the stock room from the party in chapter 1) then you can't do the event. Most of Chiaki's events involve going to different places, so you usually can't do anything with her here. Fuyuhiko, on the other hand, is only this chapter available for Free Time Events; he flat out vanished in every free time before this.

dancingbears fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 4, 2017

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Apparently, his name being an anagram of Makoto's wasn't intentional. Sure, it seems unlikely, but it's not impossible.

According to Sir Peter Scott, when he named the Lock Ness monster "Nessiteras rhombopteryx" (meaning "Ness monster with a diamond-shaped fin"), he had no idea that it was an anagram for "Monster hoax by Sir Peter S". He said that if it was intentional, he would have fit his whole name in it.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
Is it just my imagination, or does every person in this game have a horrible backstory?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

They are supposed to appear similar so that when Nagito goes nuts in the first trial it is that much more disconcerting.

Basically this. You're basically supposed to think of him as Naegi until he goes full on nuts in the first trial.

Truthkeeper posted:

Is it just my imagination, or does every person in this game have a horrible backstory?

Everyone in Danganronpa period has a horrible backstory.

Except maybe Hagakure.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Everyone in Danganronpa period has a horrible backstory.

Except maybe Hagakure.

The DR1 characters' backstories weren't nearly this bad.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Truthkeeper posted:

The DR1 characters' backstories weren't nearly this bad.

Nagito is definitely an outlier, but of the 3 I remember they still had it pretty rough. Taka had never had a friend in his life, so much so that he didnt even know what people did for fun. Byakuya fought in the hunger games to become heir to the Togami family. Junko/Mukuro was homeless before they got recognized for their talent.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Anyone would think these games were among other things commentaries about the idea of a school like Hope's Peak, and how their near fetishistic worship of "talent" above all else is hosed up and warps anyone who comes into contact with it.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Along with Touko/Jill's Library of Issues because you don't get a serial killer split personality without a lot of trauma.

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 4, 2017

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zakrelo posted:

Nagito is definitely an outlier, but of the 3 I remember they still had it pretty rough. Taka had never had a friend in his life, so much so that he didnt even know what people did for fun. Byakuya fought in the hunger games to become heir to the Togami family. Junko/Mukuro was homeless before they got recognized for their talent.

On the other had Naegi had an almost aggressively normal life. I don't think Asahina had any sort of issue. The worst Sakura got was a sick boyfriend. Celeste WISHES she had a traumatic backstory. Leon had nothing going on other than wanting to be a rock star.

I can't remember all the backstories in 2, but I think there's way more depressing/tragic ones over all compared with DR1's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

rannum posted:

On the other had Naegi had an almost aggressively normal life. I don't think Asahina had any sort of issue. The worst Sakura got was a sick boyfriend. Celeste WISHES she had a traumatic backstory. Leon had nothing going on other than wanting to be a rock star.

I can't remember all the backstories in 2, but I think there's way more depressing/tragic ones over all compared with DR1's

My theory of "the traitor could be better described as a undercover therapist" gains more weight.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

• Locked thread