Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

..not impressed
..the talky bits are the worst bits
...every panel starts like this by the way
..I'm gonna quit this thread now
..bye lazyb it was fun while you lasted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

These new pages are so loving bad.
I thought the idea was to create a more streamlined version of the comic, a la Dragonball Z Kai or something. Instead, he's inserting a huge bunch of dialogue that completely ruins the flow.

I also hate the formatting of the tiny panels with huge empty space and lines everywhere.
I could take or leave the Patreon ad at the bottom because it reminds me of the goofiness of the Deviantart watermark, but in a more pathetic way.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
These pages remind me of the Star Wars special editions. Who was asking for this, other users from deviantart?

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
New TGO page:

That's all you need.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

He has no idea why people liked it. Haha, oh god

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

These pages remind me of the Star Wars special editions. Who was asking for this, other users from deviantart?

That's a weird to thing to say, since most of his fans are probably other DeviantArt users.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Spatial posted:

That would be the cast for like, almost every person who ironically becomes popular because of a thing they did.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Still better than a three year long fight scene starring ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I like the way he re-arranged the panels because it's insanely incompetent and lovely. Same for the added "shading".

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I will say this, looks like he's going for more consistent characterization, frontloading the Amy stuff.

Unfortunately that might mean Knuckles is going to change from complete idiot for the first chapters into brooding douche.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yesssss, LazyB is literally George Lucasing his own comic. :allears:

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Spatial posted:

Yup. RIP.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Spatial posted:

He never once did, nothing has changed

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!
This is a really disappointing development.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Puke Fukem posted:

New TGTP page, looks like there's gonna be a new one every other day.

This is garbage and ruining the best comics lazerbot ever made

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
man I dunno I think it's hilarious how he's ruining his own work, just hilarious in a different way. Comparing this to George Lucas is spot on.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I love the stupid motion blur as Amy comes onto the scene in panel two. I also just realized the irony that the "polished" version looks like someone smeared dirt all over it.

I guess that's a metaphor for how the rest of the polishing has been.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

raocow posted:

man I dunno I think it's hilarious how he's ruining his own work, just hilarious in a different way. Comparing this to George Lucas is spot on.
Absolutely

when's the next VIP being redone lol

Puke Fukem
Mar 8, 2017
...Hahaha...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

An audacious move to change the genre of the comic into teen drama, let's see how it turns out

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao compare the terrible pacing of these comics to the originals in the op, lazyb used to get to the point asap and the point was they cant troll you if there dead

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

vyelkin posted:

lmao compare the terrible pacing of these comics to the originals in the op, lazyb used to get to the point asap and the point was gently caress YOU TROLLS

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I hate to say it, but I miss the interminable naruto fighting.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Pink Guy? Tell me he's not talking about the Filthy Frank character

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
The bright side of all this is that more new panels means more potential comedy

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

All it is now is endless boring dialogue, back and forth, back and forth...

That Coyote/Demaro write-up of the conclusion to their fight was so loving long and pointless. It seemed like it by itself would have needed another 20 pages. He needs to be able to cut poo poo down like he used to.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Phlegmish posted:

An audacious move to change the genre of the comic into teen drama, let's see how it turns out
I think he's just not as angry anymore. He lost the fire.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Someone needs to break his laptop

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

And remember the days when the world grinds you down so bad you can't even afford a drink from the gas station.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I still have that part of me that believes this whole thing has become a work at this point. In that, every choice he makes, which is usually committed to for a while, is specifically to get a reaction out of the people following it. I don't think it started that way, with the initial chapters, but I have some small feeling that tells me that when he noticed the rising popularity of his silly paint comic, he started doing things to see how far he could push the audience. It's a comic about trolling after all. The endless Naruto fighting after people started complaining, the crazy hiatuses, pulling a George Lucas before the story is even done (specifically adding and changing things away from everything that he knows was popular, because he was clearly aware of things like MEAN-WHILE and stuff like that), and probably most damning, pulling a Half Life Epistle 3 mere days after the real HL blog post gained attention.

I dunno. I only half believe it. But it seems really plausible.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ToastyPotato posted:

I still have that part of me that believes this whole thing has become a work at this point. In that, every choice he makes, which is usually committed to for a while, is specifically to get a reaction out of the people following it. I don't think it started that way, with the initial chapters, but I have some small feeling that tells me that when he noticed the rising popularity of his silly paint comic, he started doing things to see how far he could push the audience. It's a comic about trolling after all. The endless Naruto fighting after people started complaining, the crazy hiatuses, pulling a George Lucas before the story is even done (specifically adding and changing things away from everything that he knows was popular, because he was clearly aware of things like MEAN-WHILE and stuff like that), and probably most damning, pulling a Half Life Epistle 3 mere days after the real HL blog post gained attention.

If it wasn't lazerbot you're talking about I could entertain it as a possibility. Occam's razor is that it's just as terrible as it appears to be.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

ToastyPotato posted:

This thread already had a long phase where everyone thought Lazerbot was a subversive genius. He's already proved that belief horribly, horribly wrong.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I find this really entertaining, honestly. Look - I'm not ganna read this poo poo, but it's absolutely an in-character thing for lazy b to do.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

tiistai posted:

Pink Guy? Tell me he's not talking about the Filthy Frank character

He's talking about Espio, I think, the purplish guy who died trying to save Sonic from the Troll King. Vector seems to constantly forget his name.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Lurdiak posted:

He's talking about Espio, I think, the purplish guy who died trying to save Sonic from the Troll King. Vector seems to constantly forget his name.

Thank you

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Calico Heart posted:

I find this really entertaining, honestly. Look - I'm not ganna read this poo poo, but it's absolutely an in-character thing for lazy b to do.
"magnum opus"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Soulfucker posted:

this is why I think this is interesting. like its not a good comic, but it hasn't been a good comic in a long loving time, but what we are now seeing this turn into a perfect parody of specialized editions and reedits unintentionally

like its just really weird

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
:allears: I love how this dumbass bad comic got somehow even worse with this remake.

Any bets on if there will be another reboot in a couple years? (If that actually happens, I'm hoping it gets worse and worse with each reboot, just for the extra comedy.)

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

PLEASE SUPPORT OUR PATREON is such a good punchline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Libluini posted:

:allears: I love how this dumbass bad comic got somehow even worse with this remake.

Any bets on if there will be another reboot in a couple years? (If that actually happens, I'm hoping it gets worse and worse with each reboot, just for the extra comedy.)

The next reboot takes out all the original pages, leaving us with the trolls being sad over bullying an OC Do Not Steal koopa, and then Shadow and Amy saying ... to each other with no Tails or Sonic in sight