Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

At least Golf Story finally confirmed a loving month; this September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Macaluso posted:

Meh. Maybe if they also put Mario in it

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I think we have our new thread title.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
skyrim is good, civ 6 is bad

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Please don't play Skyrim without mods.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I remember when SNES SimCity had Bowser as the monster attack disaster, we need more tie-ins like that.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bongo Bill posted:

Please don't play Skyrim

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Any opinions on Piczle Lines DX? It looks like my kind of thing but wanna know if anyone's played it.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Roadie posted:

Puyo vs Tetris is seriously infuriating. For anyone who can't instantly place all blocks by feel and arrange perfect T-spins every time, anyone even moderately experienced on the Puyo side can dump garbage on you so fast that you're guaranteed to lose.

I like to watch these kinds of videos and reflect on all the time or patience I will never care to commit to for getting to that level of skill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8elSZDChE

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Roadie posted:

Puyo vs Tetris is seriously infuriating. For anyone who can't instantly place all blocks by feel and arrange perfect T-spins every time, anyone even moderately experienced on the Puyo side can dump garbage on you so fast that you're guaranteed to lose.

Aspirations
https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/886069417116925952

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

I think we have our new thread title.

No we don't

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Puyo Puyo Tetris is the game I have enjoyed the most time with on the Switch, and the second-most time played

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

This is how it goes with basically every game I play with one of my friends. He's quite good at Tetris, and I'm fairly good at puyo (the only game system I had as a kid was a Game Gear, and the only game with good replayability on it was Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine).

I basically get one shot in the beginning to build a combo big enough to bury him. If it's not big enough to finish him off, and he can dig down to the trash layers, I'm completely hosed, because each row of trash only has one empty square, so he can just go crazy on combos until I'm dead.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Kaubocks posted:

skyrim is good actually

not going to buy it on the switch though

I, too, enjoyed Skyrim almost 6 years ago when it was first released, but not the second, third, fourth, fifth, or sixth time it was released

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

What will be the next garbage full price release of Skyrim after Skyrim Switch and Skyrim VR?

Well, the rumor is that Bethesda might be doing a Game of Thrones thing so they can just reskin a few characters and call it a day.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Finally had time to sink my teeth into Mario Xcom and while the tutorial levels were bland, once you get midway through world 1 the game is a freaking blast. I'm now about halfway into World 2 and the game is tough but feels really rewarding when you nail it.

I love both XCom 1 and 2, with 2 being one of my favorite games of all time, but I'm enjoying how much less stressful this game is. That's not to say it's easier, though. It's fast paced and all the wacky RPG elements plus Mario charm makes it a real joy to play.

Also, it never gets old putting Luigi in Overwatch-mode and watching him cap fools with his steely stare. It's even better when it's triggered on Mario and Luigi and they both team up to mercilessly mow down a Rabbid.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is Fire Emblem seriously coming out one week before Mario Odyssey?

What the heck, Nintendo!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Also, it never gets old putting Luigi in Overwatch-mode and watching him cap fools with his steely stare. It's even better when it's triggered on Mario and Luigi and they both team up to mercilessly mow down a Rabbid.

I just love that Nintendo have just straight-out run with the Luigi Death Stare meme :allears:.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is the animal crossing phone game still coming 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

a.lo posted:

Is the animal crossing phone game still coming 2017

I believe it's stated for this fiscal year so it could arrive before March of next year

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Pleas?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

LethalGeek posted:

I still love how much everyone was WOO SKYRIM until Zelda came out and now it's status has dropped off dramatically.
I don't think anyone was "WOO SKYRIM", it was more "Skyrim? :effort:"

I hope they don't release Fallout 4 on Switch because it's not a very good game.

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the heck, Nintendo!
Hope ya got time to play 90 hours of a Musou in a week.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

I hope they don't release Fallout 4 on Switch because it's not a very good game.

Counterpoint: I hope they do because then I would have a system that could play it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

irlZaphod posted:

I don't think anyone was "WOO SKYRIM", it was more "Skyrim? :effort:"

Come onnnn New Vegas! :rolldice:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope they release all games on the switch, even the bad ones like Bethesda games

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Finally had time to sink my teeth into Mario Xcom and while the tutorial levels were bland, once you get midway through world 1 the game is a freaking blast. I'm now about halfway into World 2 and the game is tough but feels really rewarding when you nail it.

I love both XCom 1 and 2, with 2 being one of my favorite games of all time, but I'm enjoying how much less stressful this game is. That's not to say it's easier, though. It's fast paced and all the wacky RPG elements plus Mario charm makes it a real joy to play.

I played the first few levels and was like - what the gently caress did I buy, this is clearly a kid's game - but once all the mechanics are unlocked, it actually becomes legit tough.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I tried Hyrule Warriors on a New 3DS and I wasn't impressed, is it just a lovely version or is that genre not for me?

I mean I liked the general idea of it but the combat seemed kinda grindy and not all that interesting.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Elman posted:

I tried Hyrule Warriors on a New 3DS and I wasn't impressed, is it just a lovely version or is that genre not for me?

I mean I liked the general idea of it but the combat seemed kinda grindy and not all that interesting.

It's super grindy. The general challenge isn't supposed to be the execution of your moves, it's managing your time and control of the map as you effortlessly mow down dudes.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I played the first few levels and was like - what the gently caress did I buy, this is clearly a kid's game - but once all the mechanics are unlocked, it actually becomes legit tough.

I feel like world 2 is where it feels tough, then world 3 feels like a cakewalk again

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Tender Bender posted:

It's super grindy. The general challenge isn't supposed to be the execution of your moves, it's managing your time and control of the map as you effortlessly mow down dudes.

Yeah, I spent way too much of my life refining extremely short missions to get S ranks in Hyrule Warriors. The challenge is very much not so much actually fighting enemies but knowing where you're needed most to gently caress up an entire army by yourself.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Elman posted:

I couldn't in good faith tell anyone to play a warrior game on the 3ds. I don't think a better version would fix your underlying issues with it, but that definitely wasn't the best introduction

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the heck, Nintendo!

It's out in September in Japan. You gotta give Treehouse some time in scrubbing the face touching mini-game out. :v:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Meh. Maybe if they also put Mario in it

Mario Civ would rule, and I'll finally bring the mushroom kingdom to the tech levels of Bowser's kingdom

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

That FE warriors game is still coming to the 3ds, right?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Elman posted:

Genre probably isn't for you. I can't get into them either. Gameplay can't keep me engaged for anything. Game feels like I could play it just fine even if I was asleep

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

What the heck, Nintendo!

I'm not sure they have a lot of faith in the game. It looks kind of bad imo and still had performance issues last I saw.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

a.lo posted:

That FE warriors game is still coming to the 3ds, right?
Yep

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I have seen no photos or videos for it

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Boy I wish I knew before getting to the last boss of Azure Striker Gunvolt that all the useful equipment and moves like double jump and air dash were locked behind level challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Real hurthling! posted:

Pokemon didnt even have the pittance of a title card like metroid. They probably started on it like yesterday. Late 2019 at the earliest.

They've been hiring for positions that are absolutely Pokemon Switch related for the last 9+ months, IIRC. It was absolutely in the design stage by the time the Switch's hardware was finalized and I don't doubt they are fully underway with its development by now.

• Locked thread