Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Harlock posted:

I'm not sure they have a lot of faith in the game. It looks kind of bad imo and still had performance issues last I saw.

I've been meaning to ask about the game. I've not really followed it at all, yet I've started seeing stuff show up like: "I used to be really hyped about Fire Emblem Warriors, but now I'm not!" or whatever.

And I can't tell if the game is a bad Musou... Or if this is just the usual hate of Musou games some people have (meaning I'm seeing the reactions of people who couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realize "Fire Emblem Warriors" was another Musou/Warriors game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

MaxDuo posted:

I've been meaning to ask about the game. I've not really followed it at all, yet I've started seeing stuff show up like: "I used to be really hyped about Fire Emblem Warriors, but now I'm not!" or whatever.

And I can't tell if the game is a bad Musou... Or if this is just the usual hate of Musou games some people have (meaning I'm seeing the reactions of people who couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realize "Fire Emblem Warriors" was another Musou/Warriors game)

I think a lot of the hate is coming from long-time Fire Emblem fans when they finalized the fact that the characters are almost universally from the last two games (one of which was generally agreed upon to be mediocre). The only pre-Awakening character is Marth and that's just because he's from the first game.

If you liked the GBA or GameCube fire emblems like a lot of people, you're just poo poo outta luck.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What's the cast look like anyway

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

MaxDuo posted:

The hate comes moreso from Fire Emblem fans being down on the character cast; the actual gameplay looks supercool and on the side of good Musous in my opinion.

Calaveron posted:

Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates: Basically the oldest, the newest, and one that is kinda in-between in terms of FE mechanics (+ also being popular).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

irlZaphod posted:

Hope ya got time to play 90 hours of a Musou in a week.

And then I got like three days to beat Mario before the next Splatfest

goddamnit Nintendo, slow down with the games already

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Fluffy posted:

They've been hiring for positions that are absolutely Pokemon Switch related for the last 9+ months, IIRC. It was absolutely in the design stage by the time the Switch's hardware was finalized and I don't doubt they are fully underway with its development by now.

I wouldn't expect to see anything until e3 2018, and even then it might just be a basic "this exists" trailer. Big JRPG's take time to build from scratch.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Calaveron posted:

All the royals from Fates, most of the shepherds from Awakening (Chrom, Lissa, Fred, Robin, etc), and Marth. Probably Tiki as well, but she hasn't been officially revealed yet iirc.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
We like Ike

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like doesn't Ike win literally every popularity contest
Guy is just a no nonsense guy who uses a huge sword and can essentially solo both of his games

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Chaos Emeralds 6 and 7 were piss easy compared to the other ones. But the final true boss kicked my rear end five times in a row.

What's the best level for extra life farming?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Calaveron posted:

Like doesn't Ike win literally every popularity contest
Guy is just a no nonsense guy who uses a huge sword and can essentially solo both of his games

The last round of Fire Emblem Heroes' most recent character gauntlet was Ike against Camilla and Camilla loving crushed him.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Elman posted:

I tried Hyrule Warriors on a New 3DS and I wasn't impressed, is it just a lovely version or is that genre not for me?

I mean I liked the general idea of it but the combat seemed kinda grindy and not all that interesting.

The game is a mile wide but an inch deep, after 20 minutes you've basically seen everything the game has to offer. I've never played any other Musou games but that seems to be par for the course so they're basically just trash.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It provides plenty of spectacle. While the combat isn't deep, it's fun. And it's fun to see all the references and characters doing cool poo poo. In that regard the closest have I can think of to it, though in a completely different genre, is Lego games.

Now I'm imagining a Lego musuo.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Omg the bricks flying everywhere. Must have.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Regular XCOM on Switch when??

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

The only Bethesda game I'll buy on the switch is New Vegas, and I'll believe that's happening when I see it.

That's because it's an Obsidian game and Bethesda (the publisher) is bad and even dumber than Bethesda (the developer)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

njsykora posted:

The last round of Fire Emblem Heroes' most recent character gauntlet was Ike against Camilla and Camilla loving crushed him.

Well because as I understand it Camilla touched a deep, deep chord of fetishes with the average fire emblem slash anime pervert (she got big tiddies she obsessed over you and she your sister but not really) while Ike is just a punchman with huge appetite and who takes no poo poo from no one but for regular normal people Ike should be more popular

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Unfortunately normal people don't play Fire Emblem.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It provides plenty of spectacle. While the combat isn't deep, it's fun. And it's fun to see all the references and characters doing cool poo poo. In that regard the closest have I can think of to it, though in a completely different genre, is Lego games.

Tbh while I wouldn't call the combat deep, there's more to it than a first glance reveals. You need to use the right combos to take out each group as quickly and effectively as possible, since the real danger is beating timers and getting to important map points quickly. So getting the timing down and knowing which finisher will clear this specific pack without wasting time on overkill is important. It's not "can i beat these guys," it's "can I beat these guys without wasting precious seconds so I can get to the next fort".

Of course in practice you end up doing the same combos over and over with most characters. Which is where the Zelda fanservice pays off because it's fun to see like the great fairy tormenting Link or deep cuts like the pillars you lift with the golden gauntlets in oot.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 4, 2017

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

Policenaut posted:

Unfortunately normal people don't play Fire Emblem.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Roy's my boy, I adopted him today

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The only two Fire Emblem people I know are Marth (because of the Smash Bros. announcer) and Donnel (because Patrick Klepek of Waypoint is obsessed with him for some reason)

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Mario X Rabbids is a blast.
As someone who cut their on Shining Force back in the day, this is my jam.
I hope they bring DLC out for it.

Also, I now need to pick up a Luigi Amiibo.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

What are the chances of Mario + Rabbids going on sale in a few weeks like every other Ubisoft game?

Fly with me posted:

There is a $20 season pass with one bit of story DLC planned. The rest is weapons and challenges.

the truth fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 4, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Fly with me posted:

Mario X Rabbids is a blast.
As someone who cut their on Shining Force back in the day, this is my jam.

Also, I now need to pick up a Luigi Amiibo.

There's a $20 season pass.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

the truth posted:

What are the chances of Mario + Rabbids going on sale in a few weeks like every other Ubisoft game?

There is a $20 season pass with one bit of story DLC planned. The rest is weapons and challenges.

I'll probably skip the season pass and just buy the story DLC.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Apparently Mario is no longer a plumber. If people with highly specialized, necessary and skilled trades can't survive in this economy, who can?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mario has always been more of a general contractor imo.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean he can't even go back to being a doctor because he hasn't practiced in decades and catching up to current medical practices would take up too much time and money
And sure he probably gets by fine with all of his sports money and sponsorships but dude is in his mid twenties and his athletic skills are one injured knee away from going up in smoke

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Although dated, Prince Consort isn't a bad gig if you can swing it. Just keep out of the paparazzi gutter press.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Regular XCOM on Switch when??

Pretend those rabbids are alien scum?

Target is giving away free rabbis with each Mario Xoom

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Put my JP account back on my Switch for the MHXX demo. Ugh, it's great. Ugh, tons of News articles I can't read. I sure hope it gets localized eventually. It'd be pretty weird if it didn't.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Binary Badger posted:

Target is giving away free rabbis with each Mario Xoom

Wow, Target's gone super alt-right, huh?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Calaveron posted:

Well because as I understand it Camilla touched a deep, deep chord of fetishes with the average fire emblem slash anime pervert (she got big tiddies she obsessed over you and she your sister but not really) while Ike is just a punchman with huge appetite and who takes no poo poo from no one but for regular normal people Ike should be more popular

No. Those people just like to pretend they're normal.

And that goes for the older fans too, actually.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It provides plenty of spectacle.

Yeah, the spectacle of watching dozens of character models standing around doing nothing.

At least in Dead Rising, they have the excuse of already being dead.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
sold agents of mayhem to make a deal with the devil named Ubisoft. lets hope this is as good as what i've seen of it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Mario has always been more of a general contractor imo.

Mario was never licensed and was a loving scab anyway. Good thing he's not doing plumbing anymore

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Yeah, the spectacle of watching dozens of character models standing around doing nothing.

At least in Dead Rising, they have the excuse of already being dead.

You could just turn the difficulty up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Calaveron posted:

I don't even like Camilla much but I think she's more interesting than Ike. Ike is boring as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

enojy posted:

Put my JP account back on my Switch for the MHXX demo. Ugh, it's great. Ugh, tons of News articles I can't read. I sure hope it gets localized eventually. It'd be pretty weird if it didn't.

It won't :(

• Locked thread