Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

something posted:

uhhh, trying to remember what i last posted here but i think multiple resolutions are in (under settings), equipment merging (basically take 2 items that are the same and drag one onto the other, kind of like boosting. It'll gain a level, and increase its caps by 1%, to a max of double caps at level 100.

some bugfixes, 24 hour challenge is sort of in. Couple minor things that are technically in, but don't do much yet. Probably a lot of changes to exp costs and such things.

Oh you should really put in a tooltip on that menu that tells you about the drag/combining. Also can you make drag combining in the inventory slots? Having to drag back to the inventory then back to equip is kind of a drag.

Also what does energy power/magic power mean? My guess is that it imparts more levels per bar tick, is that right? Would probably be nice to have a tooltip.

Also bug or feature: you can equip rings in both accessory slots?

Also broken time machine's progress bars don't reset on rebirth, only the full ones.

Also for the money pit, I've used it once and got something, used it again with a what I thought was similar or greater amount of money and got a message saying I needed to throw more. Is it just really random? It's kind of sad to lose all your money, get nothing and get locked out of the feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
The icon for accessories when there's nothing in them is just an aesthetic thing, not saying " this MUST be a ring" any kind of accessory will do. Though i'll likely make some very special accessories that will have a limit of 1 of its kind equipped overall. And yeah for now i only coded it to work within the inventory, but I'll try to get it to work from equipment=>inventory real soon.

Money pit is basically a shell that I'll fill in with something eventually, but it's meant to just be a thing you do just before rebirth to toss all your gold down the hole and get a little reward maybe.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
quote is not edit

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Sword Fight is picking up some steam now that i have 3 masters, a bunch of buildings, researching scrolls etc.

The game is kinda dragged down by how you get 20% more gold by selling something than it cost, and how the game inevetably requires you to do this. Im just sitting there clicking in the same spots on my screen; is there a program i can automate this with? Like a program that moves my mouse cursor and clicks buttons. I don't want a super c onvoluted autohotkey script (if that even works here) but something super simple that i set up myself.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ineptitude posted:

Sword Fight is picking up some steam now that i have 3 masters, a bunch of buildings, researching scrolls etc.

The game is kinda dragged down by how you get 20% more gold by selling something than it cost, and how the game inevetably requires you to do this. Im just sitting there clicking in the same spots on my screen; is there a program i can automate this with? Like a program that moves my mouse cursor and clicks buttons. I don't want a super c onvoluted autohotkey script (if that even works here) but something super simple that i set up myself.

You are looking for ahk, it is simple and ready to setup yourself

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I wrote this in PowerShell.

When getting it set up, modify these two lines:
for ($i=1; $i -le 5; $i++)
$delay = 150

the -le 5 is the number of loops. Set it to 1 or 2 to start.
Set $delay to 1000 or higher while getting the coordinates set.
John Bartels is the guy that wrote the mousebutton function, the portion underneath it is a sequence that will buy two swords, and then max out the items in the 3rd and 4th slots, then sell them.

code:
function Click-MouseButton
{
param(
[string]$Button, 
[switch]$help)
$HelpInfo = @'

Function : Click-MouseButton
By       : John Bartels
Date     : 12/16/2012 
Purpose  : Clicks the Specified Mouse Button
Usage    : Click-MouseButton [-Help][-Button x]
           where      
                  -Help         displays this help
                  -Button       specify the Button You Wish to Click {left, middle, right}

'@ 

if ($help -or (!$Button))
{
    write-host $HelpInfo
    return
}
else
{
    $signature=@' 
      [DllImport("user32.dll",CharSet=CharSet.Auto, CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
      public static extern void mouse_event(long dwFlags, long dx, long dy, long cButtons, long dwExtraInfo);
'@ 

$SendMouseClick = Add-Type -memberDefinition $signature -name "Win32MouseEventNew" -namespace Win32Functions -passThru 
    if($Button -eq "left")
    {
        $SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000002, 0, 0, 0, 0);
        $SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000004, 0, 0, 0, 0);
    }
    if($Button -eq "right")
    {
        $SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000008, 0, 0, 0, 0);
        $SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000010, 0, 0, 0, 0);
    }
    if($Button -eq "middle")
    {
        $SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000020, 0, 0, 0, 0);
        $SendMouseClick::mouse_event(0x00000040, 0, 0, 0, 0);
    }

}
}

[system.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("System.Windows.Forms") | out-null

for ($i=1; $i -le 5; $i++)
{
$delay = 150
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Start-Sleep -m $delay
#Select Shop
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(700,300);
Click-MouseButton left

Start-Sleep -m $delay
#Buy
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(440,380);
Click-MouseButton left

#Select Sword
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(730,600);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

#Buy two Swords
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(500,500);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

#Select Equip
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(630,330);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

#Select Sword
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(600,700);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

#Max Sword
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(550,600);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

#Select Sword2
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(670,700);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

#Max Sword
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(550,600);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

#Select Shop
Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(700,300);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(540,380);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(650,600);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(500,500);
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left

Start-Sleep -m $delay
[System.Windows.Forms.Cursor]::Position = New-Object System.Drawing.Point(650,600);
Click-MouseButton left

Start-Sleep -m $delay
Start-Sleep -m $delay
Click-MouseButton left
Start-Sleep -m $delay

}

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Ineptitude posted:

The game is kinda dragged down by how you get 20% more gold by selling something than it cost, and how the game inevetably requires you to do this.

I never did this except one time to get Master Blacksmith, and I got to the end of the game's content in just a few days without ever feeling like it was slowed to a crawl. Just don't bother doing the sell loop and you'll still play fine.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
When you do a Baal Challenge in ITRTG, do you get your might back when you finish like the GP?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Sindai posted:

When you do a Baal Challenge in ITRTG, do you get your might back when you finish like the GP?

I'm pretty sure that everything you added gets folded in yes. But I will admit I never checked for might because an extra 100 or so from a UCB would barely register. Once I get my planet to 50 in a week or so I'll be grinding out the remainder of the UBCs I need. Assuming I remember I can check before and after to be certain.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

We're starting a fall newbie drive in Amaranthine so if you want to check it out or if you took a vacation from it now's a good time to start / return because it's harvest season.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I just found the RG subreddit has a Discord chatroom and they apparently made this very cool graph:

I just wish I'd known about it earlier. :(

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Wow thats pretty good and really gets the information across.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that's a really cool chart

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Does anyone have the Mine Defense guide laying around? Google isn't pulling it up, just got to Alchemy and I remember there being something better to alchemize rather than instantly Sandshrews ---> Queens.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Merijn posted:

I just found the RG subreddit has a Discord chatroom and they apparently made this very cool graph:

I just wish I'd known about it earlier. :(

This is really good also the username "nyanlathotep" is making me lol

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Carados posted:

Does anyone have the Mine Defense guide laying around? Google isn't pulling it up, just got to Alchemy and I remember there being something better to alchemize rather than instantly Sandshrews ---> Queens.

Might be worth it to go for Baggers/Rock Golems to get moving on Industry

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, if you need gold there's the sandshrew -> gold recipe, but other than that I think it's just a matter of increasing your alchemists, queens (for more ants into gems) and the baggers needed to start industry.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 30, 2017

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Is the build on G00F's site for DC6 the thing you want to do for the challenge? It doesn't seem to take off at all, but I have grand balance only at t3 so IDK. The build doesn't even use a lineage but I guess druid/druid is how you reach 200k mana regen and 300k mana at this point in the game (r64). Getting that A1500 would help too?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
It is, yes. If the build has A1500, you should have A1500. It just means it'll be another 6 hours on top of the 2-3 days required.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
Once I posted here complaining about how the Lost Idols game had daily quest type things that required you to click. Well I want you to know that in my game I posted here a little while ago I added not just daily click events but also achievements that require you to complete daily click events because I'm just the worst person :kheldragar:

The click events have a low chance to appear, at least.

I'll probably actually release the game (on web) in October. Maybe.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

shs posted:

Once I posted here complaining about how the Lost Idols game had daily quest type things that required you to click. Well I want you to know that in my game I posted here a little while ago I added not just daily click events but also achievements that require you to complete daily click events because I'm just the worst person :kheldragar:

please reconsider this

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

shs posted:

bad post

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

shs posted:

Yeah, that's a great way to get zero people excited for your game. I literally can't wait to not play it right now.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

that's bad on all sides. not only is requiring clicking in an idle game something nobody prefers, but "at least they have a low chance to appear" also means that it's going to be a pain in the rear end to get those achievements.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
There's 5 possible daily bonuses that can appear each day, all of which are counted for the achievements, and one of which involves clicking between 250 and 500 times, which you'll probably get without thinking about when you're trying to push through a boss. Not only will this likely not ruin the game or make it unplayable, you might even enjoy the free items you get afterwards.

shs fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 4, 2017

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

shs posted:

There's 5 possible daily bonuses that can appear each day, all of which are counted for the achievements, and one of which involves clicking between 250 and 500 times, which you'll probably get without thinking about when you're trying to push through a boss. Not only will this likely not ruin the game or make it unplayable, you might even enjoy the free items you get afterwards.

There's only a 1 in 5 chance of poor idle game design, cool, cool

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

shs posted:

I checked your posts because I missed what game you were talking about, and the first thing that confronted me was this:

shs posted:

my least favorite part of clicking games is the part where I have to actually click

:haw:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i'd just not play the game by a dev who adds his least favorite mechanic to his own game, because who knows what's gonna follow.

shs
Feb 14, 2012
I've posted things I've made here in the past and have just about always made change when people have made suggestions. There's not really a need to run a smear campaign against me me because 1 brand new feature that's not in the release yet (because the game isn't actually going to be released for another month or two).

Since it's not a popular thing, I'll remove the daily click bonuses.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

shs posted:

I've posted things I've made here in the past and have just about always made change when people have made suggestions. There's not really a need to run a smear campaign against me me because 1 brand new feature that's not in the release yet (because the game isn't actually going to be released for another month or two).

Since it's not a popular thing, I'll remove the daily click bonuses.

I wasn't trying to start a witch hunt, I just seriously had no idea what game it was, looked for the first time you posted about it, and thought that post was a funny coincidence :shrug:
Incidentally, is there any accessible version of the game anywhere since I missed it the first time around?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I don't mind running an autoclicker for twenty seconds while I look at something else.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I do

When it becomes an obligation rather than something you can do if you want it becomes annoying

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
20 seconds of running an autoclicker is far superior to "completely redesign your setup to complete this one task that will take 15 minutes then revert everything back".

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Nah it's bad

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Events are my least favorite part of Realm Grinder because you gotta click on stuff

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Captain Foo posted:

Events are my least favorite part of Realm Grinder because you gotta click on stuff

I hate how the things always seem to pop up right on top of the buttons I want/need to click most so I have to tiptoe around them if I want to collect a whole stack for an achievement

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In Realm Grinder, is there a good build for getting the 5500 excavations I need for research/eventually doing the associated challenge? I'm on R53 and it bugs me that I don't have this unlocked yet. The usual wiki pages aren't any help.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Take the normal Titan/Dragon build but replace E275 (mana regen based on Royal Exchange bonus) with E290 when you can reincarnate. Typically you'll want to wait for R54 because that's when you can actually do DC2 and the research bonus it unlocks isn't really used in the main gem progression.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Cool, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Just curious, what kinds of elements do you guys look for in an idle/clicker/incremental game? What separates the wheat from the chaff?