Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Calaveron posted:

Like doesn't Ike win literally every popularity contest
Guy is just a no nonsense guy who uses a huge sword and can essentially solo both of his games

He can use axes in the 2nd game and a Hammer is his best friend for one fight in particular. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Zoran posted:

Wow, Target's gone super alt-right, huh?

Arrgh goddamn iphoney spellcheck

They were giving away free rabbid poppers with purchase of Mario XCOM..

https://www.target.com/p/rabbids-popper-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle/-/A-52697925

The one near me ran out, told me to drive to another Target to get one, gently caress that.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Ike is pretty cool in FE9, being someone who has an honest heart and eventually is given the title of Lord after helping a princess, taking the side of a race of people who are looked down upon by the society he knows... Really, FE9 is a coming of age story for a young man to not only right personal (His father's death) and societial (The Mad King and how people perceive humans and animal people) wrongs, but also a story about how the Greil Mercenaries eventually become legends in the sequel game.

I may have gotten a few factoids wrong, because it's been a really long time since I touched on Ike's games, but he's a pretty neat character in my opinion. ... Even if I decided to side with Purple Sis in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't even like Camilla much but I think she's more interesting than Ike. Ike is boring as hell.

Ike fights for his friends. What more could you ask for?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Once a character appears in Smash Bros, it overwrites their previous personality.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is Ike the only protagonist who starts as a commoner?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zelder posted:

Lyn was just a regular rear end nomad (who turned out to be a princess) and I guess Sothe was just a filthy street urchin if you want to call him a protagonist (no one wants to though)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Zelder posted:

Alm, sorta-kinda

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

enojy posted:

Put my JP account back on my Switch for the MHXX demo. Ugh, it's great. Ugh, tons of News articles I can't read. I sure hope it gets localized eventually. It'd be pretty weird if it didn't.

It won't, since we're getting a simultaneous release of World instead.

The upside is that World also looks baller, but it remains to be seen if it'll come to the Switch.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

enojy posted:

Put my JP account back on my Switch for the MHXX demo. Ugh, it's great. Ugh, tons of News articles I can't read. I sure hope it gets localized eventually. It'd be pretty weird if it didn't.

There's probably a good chance still. I might be remembering wrong, but most MH games haven't gotten confirmed for the US prior to their Japanese release? MH4U is the weird outlier I can think of, and that's because it got pushed hard with the launch of the New 3DS in general. If we don't hear about it by the end of the year, that window's probably gone, but I'd give it a couple months of radio silence before I'd write it off. Plus there's always the weird chance Nintendo will scoop it up to localize like Stories.

MH World is making that a bit dicey since MHXX is the last of the old-style games and it coming out along or even after World might seem pretty weird, but since the two systems MHXX are on are the two systems not getting a version of World I wouldn't be surprised if it's still in the cards eventually.

SpaceDrake posted:

It won't, since we're getting a simultaneous release of World instead.

The upside is that World also looks baller, but it remains to be seen if it'll come to the Switch.

World is being really pushed as the first real HD-era Monster Hunter. The Switch's status as a toaster with handles isn't going to do it any favors when it comes to getting a World port.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 4, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Lessail posted:

It won't :(

But MH5 will

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah World is coming out here and it's gonna be great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

World looks kinda iffy to me. I'm getting Dead Rising 4 vibes from it. I hope XX does get a western release since I really enjoyed the demo from the JP eShop.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 4, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

sold agents of mayhem to make a deal with the devil named Ubisoft. lets hope this is as good as what i've seen of it

game only gets better and better, you just made the tradein of the year

SeANMcBAY posted:

World looks kinda iffy to me. I'm getting Dead Rising 4 vibes from it.

you get a grappling hook in MH World, that alone makes it awesome. it looks eons better than the older games just in terms of locomotion and combat stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I got my rear end kicked on 2-1 yesterday and didn't get a chance to go again, but thought it, and today after getting home, our kid fell asleep in the car and we didn't want to wake him, so I just grabbed my Switch and played straight through 2-6 getting all gold while he napped. It was kind of the quintessential awesome Switch experience.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I got my rear end kicked on 2-1 yesterday and didn't get a chance to go again, but thought it, and today after getting home, our kid fell asleep in the car and we didn't want to wake him, so I just grabbed my Switch and played straight through 2-6 getting all gold while he napped. It was kind of the quintessential awesome Switch experience.

Sounds like Switch perfection, dad.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Binary Badger posted:

https://www.target.com/p/rabbids-popper-mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle/-/A-52697925

The one near me ran out, told me to drive to another Target to get one, gently caress that.

:staredog:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Policenaut posted:

Yeah World is coming out here and it's gonna be great.

I don't remember World being announced for the Switch

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zelder posted:

He's actually the son of the former general of the big evil nation so not really.

Binary Badger posted:

Why would you want this thing

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

He's actually the son of the former general of the big evil nation so not really.

But didn't greil renounce all of that, losing his status and land?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh my god popper wasn’t a typo :catstare:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

It's actually pretty cool and makes a great cat toy. It's big and a decent toy for being free.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im waiting for a goty package for rabbids. 80 is insane imo. No shade tho.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Limited play Pokken demo can kiss my rear end

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zelder posted:

But didn't greil renounce all of that, losing his status and land?

Correct, but the point is Ike still has attachments to important figures in the world, so its not like he's just some random peasant that happened to end up kicking rear end.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Infinitum posted:

Yep. I'd say redownload it to get more plays but they give you so loving little its not even worth it

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Not perfect, but

quote:

After reaching the max limit, go to the home screen
Select the Pokken Tournament DX demo
Press + or - to go to its options
Go to the second tab: Manage Software
Choose "delete software" (do not do archive software)
Return to the Nintendo eShop
Navigate to the coming soon tab
Find Pokken Tournament DX
Re-download the 765MB demo
Delete and repeat for unlimited usage

from http://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/346193-pokken-tournament-dx-unlimited-demo-cheat

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Real hurthling! posted:

Im waiting for a goty package for rabbids. 80 is insane imo. No shade tho.

What is that, Aussie dollars? Isn't that the same as any new game over there? It has roughly as much content as a new game, so.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What is that, Aussie dollars? Isn't that the same as any new game over there? It has roughly as much content as a new game, so.

Its 80 usd for game and season pass right? Or is it a cheaper than 60 dolla game?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh, season pass doesn't count, c'mon. It's a complete game. Your talking about dlc gear and at some point in the future an additional story mode. It's a whole game without that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh, season pass doesn't count, c'mon. It's a complete game. Your talking about dlc gear and at some point in the future an additional story mode. It's a whole game without that.

Its not an attack on you

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Infinitum posted:

consider buying the game

or better yet don't because it's pokken

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kaubocks posted:

consider buying the game

Pokken rules very hard

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
If you remember I was on the fence about Rabbids. I'm pretty far into world 2 right now and I can report back that it's very good. The issue I had with X-Com spawning groups of enemies doesn't bother me in this. You can see they are going to spawn and they pop out a turn later, it's not like you walk into fog of war only to randomly have 5 more guys on the field fighting you.

I like the light exploration/puzzle thing, and I really like the way the fights are just the right amount of challenging. I also REALLY like that I will probably finish the game in two weeks or so and be done with it rather than just never finishing it if it were a 100+ hour game.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pokken is gonna be good, can't wait to try out the best Pokemon Scizor

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Internet Kraken posted:

Correct, but the point is Ike still has attachments to important figures in the world, so its not like he's just some random peasant that happened to end up kicking rear end.

His attachments basically boil down to Oh, so you're the son of Gawain oh gently caress OH gently caress STOP KICKING OUR ASSES

I mean you can't even say that a Greil in his prime trained Ike because the dude intentionally crippled himself to stop kicking so much rear end and he was still the strongest being around short of the literal kings of the various beasts

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Policenaut posted:

You could just turn the difficulty up.

No, I'm talking about the fundamental AI problem they have with the bodies in the background; they don't loving do anything.
They won't even fight your AI allies. Every mook just stands there until you get into weapon range, before they start doing anything other than a breathing animation.
I understand the Switch is powered by two hamsters and one is sick, but it's the same even on PC hardware.
A canned sparring animation on repeat would be better than nothing, cause it just kills the suspension of disbelief when you see the teeming masses just kindly awaiting their turn to be slaughtered by you, and you alone.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kaubocks posted:

consider buying the game

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Pokken is a good fighting game worth playing, and generally pretty cool imo if you just like seeing cool pokemon stuff

demo kinda sucks tho, but the full release is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

why are they (Nintendo) releasing the older brick versions of the 2ds

• Locked thread