Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's a benefit because I don't automatically assume I can't find scum on day 1 for no reason besides defeatism.

Yes town players get voted out on day 1. Yes on day 2 you can analyze who voted for bad or no reasons.

Anything you're saying about day 1 you could apply to a day 2 following a day 1 where nobody did anything.

It's not that I assume I can't find scum D1, it's that I haven't found scum D1; I don't find any of the cases that've been made on anyone particularly compelling and I'm not a big fan of jumping on a bandwagon because "killing someone is better than killing no one," personally. If there was a case on someone that I thought was actually convincing, I'd vote for it - but I'm not seeing one.

You do want an active D1 - I admit that in my last post, I'm honestly not sure how to reconcile that with my general D1 conservatism - but even after an inactive D1 you can't apply all the same reasoning because on N1 we get investigative roles gathering data, night actions firing (or being blocked), and at least some players go into D2 actually knowing poo poo. So no, you can't apply anything I'm saying to D2 after a quiet D1, but it's a nice effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Isn't it -1?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't take it for granted that a cop will bail me out of a game where everyone otherwise does nothing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It's not that I assume I can't find scum D1, it's that I haven't found scum D1; I don't find any of the cases that've been made on anyone particularly compelling and I'm not a big fan of jumping on a bandwagon because "killing someone is better than killing no one," personally. If there was a case on someone that I thought was actually convincing, I'd vote for it - but I'm not seeing one.

You do want an active D1 - I admit that in my last post, I'm honestly not sure how to reconcile that with my general D1 conservatism - but even after an inactive D1 you can't apply all the same reasoning because on N1 we get investigative roles gathering data, night actions firing (or being blocked), and at least some players go into D2 actually knowing poo poo. So no, you can't apply anything I'm saying to D2 after a quiet D1, but it's a nice effort.

It is better, in the grand scheme of things, to kill town D1. No kills get you no info, and killing scum is unlikely to help you draw any connections.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I think you're right, not sure why derp didn't show up in the vote count.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Because

derp posted:

okay i'll help kill opop i guess #vote rf seems better than the other top contenders atm

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Still -2 then.
Opop besides me who do you think is scum.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Retro Futurist posted:

It is better, in the grand scheme of things, to kill town D1. No kills get you no info, and killing scum is unlikely to help you draw any connections.

No kills gets you no info - but it also costs you no townies.

This is what I'm saying. Maybe I'm overreacting after having been burned in prior games, but I think the loss of "get no info" is offset by the gain of "didn't lose a townie." I am, obviously, not in the majority with that opinion, but it's what I think.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (5): The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. F!, flerp, this is a stickup
The Ninth Layer (2): Retro Futurist, Kashuno
Saith (1): yronic heroism
DivineCoffeeBinge (1): derp
2 penny bottle imp (0): Flamander, Flamander
derp (0): The Ninth Layer, yronic heroism, yronic heroism, The Ninth Layer
this is a stickup (0): Kashuno, yronic heroism, Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Kashuno, Mr. F!, Mr. F!, yronic heroism
Mr. F! (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup
got some chores tonight (0): Mr. F!, Mr. F!
Flamander (0): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
Kashuno (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Mr. F!

Not Voting (4): DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, got some chores tonight, Saith

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 04th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 14 minutes.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

this is a stickup posted:

it's suuuper totally okay if we just let this no lynch happen friendos! did you know some people skip d1 entirely because it's such a crapshoot?

this person is scum too though, seriously. throwing out random votes with poo poo reasons at all times just to say he participated

This reads like scum setting up the next target.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

yronic heroism posted:

This reads like scum setting up the next target.

yronic heroism posted:

Agreed

##vote Saith

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

##vote rf

Obviously nothing else is gonna happen here and I don't like the omgus they pulled on TNL.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Now it's -1

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

yronic heroism posted:

##vote rf

Obviously nothing else is gonna happen here and I don't like the omgus they pulled on TNL.

And what changed between your last vote and now?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

2 penny bottle imp posted:

And what changed between your last vote and now?

anxiety.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (6): The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. F!, flerp, this is a stickup, yronic heroism
Saith (0): yronic heroism, yronic heroism
this is a stickup (0): Kashuno, yronic heroism, Mr. F!, Mr. F!, Kashuno, Mr. F!, Mr. F!, yronic heroism
Kashuno (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup, Mr. F!, The Ninth Layer, The Ninth Layer, Mr. F!

Not Voting (4): DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, got some chores tonight, Saith

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 04th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 minute.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:f5:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Welp.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Allora!

##vote opop

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I always had the option to hammer and I also wanted to reread (which I didn't really track at first) the case against RF before throwing vote 6 or 7 on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
going by timestamps that does actually count, huh.

Votecount for Day 1

Retro Futurist (7): The Ninth Layer, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. F!, flerp, this is a stickup, yronic heroism, got some chores tonight
Saith (0): yronic heroism, yronic heroism

Not Voting (3): DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, Saith

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is September 04th, 2017 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Yeah. Of a no-kill D1.

I would be far safer not changing my vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
you can post for the 5min it'll take me to write up some flavor.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Sorry gang I dropped the ball today. I was extremely busy won't happen again

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Throughout the month, Hope Abernathy was the subject of many nasty rumors. Although the unassuming owner of 'The Village Witch - Magic Supplies for the Modern Era' had seemed harmless enough before, some said she was taking payoffs from Tesco. Civil discourse was one thing, bribes quite another. Of course, with a new shopping centre located within walking distance of her own store, which would be miraculously unaffected by the coming development, she stood to make quite a bit more.

Customers stopped coming, and soon Hope stopped leaving the house at all for fear of dirty looks. One day, there was a simple paper sign on the door that said 'Moved to Framlingham - Closed Indefinitely.' After she'd left, people commented that it was 'such a shame' and that they 'quite liked having a bit of local flavour.' Those with senses not common to the waking world realized perhaps a little too late that whatever arcane secrets she possessed were no longer available to them.

Retro Futurist, Hope Abernathy, Lychford Jack of All Trades was run out of town day one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bQsGiiPVFo
And hes oh, so good,
And hes oh, so fine,
And hes oh, so healthy,
In his body and his mind.
Hes a well respected man about town,
Doing the best things so conservatively.

saith has not met the minimum posting requirements and is a free dunk day two. a majority vote is required to execute, but their execution will not end the day and their flip will be revealed at the end of the regular game day.

twenty four hours for night actions.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 8, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hullo we're close to game time and i'm missing some actions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
As a new week began, the rain still would not let up. Everyone was holding their breath, waiting for more bad news.

None came.

No one died night two!

Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (12): 2 penny bottle imp, derp, DivineCoffeeBinge, Flamander, flerp, got some chores tonight, Kashuno, Mr. F!, Saith, The Ninth Layer, this is a stickup, yronic heroism

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote saith gently caress lurkers

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
lollll they actually targeted me

##vote saith

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote saith

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Saith

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Actually ##unvote could he get a replacement instead? Having only a "confirmed PM" post is as good as any for a replacement candidate.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Maybe merk still wants to play?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

Actually ##unvote could he get a replacement instead? Having only a "confirmed PM" post is as good as any for a replacement candidate.

Replacements are bad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If I wasn't so sure you were Town TNL I would be like scum trying to save scum team

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its so obviously scummy it must be town

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote saith

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

flamander next his post history is short and also bad and triple also scummy