Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

No, I'm talking about the fundamental AI problem they have with the bodies in the background; they don't loving do anything.
They won't even fight your AI allies. Every mook just stands there until you get into weapon range, before they start doing anything other than a breathing animation.
I understand the Switch is powered by two hamsters and one is sick, but it's the same even on PC hardware.
A canned sparring animation on repeat would be better than nothing, cause it just kills the suspension of disbelief when you see the teeming masses just kindly awaiting their turn to be slaughtered by you, and you alone.

musou games have been idiotic garbage forever, even nintendo knows this which is why it's being marched out to die a week before Mario Odyssey and the same week as Shadow Of Warmonies and Evil Within 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DLC Inc posted:

musou games have been idiotic garbage forever, even nintendo knows this which is why it's being marched out to die a week before Mario Odyssey and the same week as Shadow Of Warmonies and Evil Within 2

i, too, hate fun games about murdering poo poo tons of people at once

quick edit: im not actually making fun of you, we all have our opinions

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
some people hate musou games, some people hate fire emblem games, and some people hate new fire emblem games, so it's natural that a game that filled all three categories would infuriate people

I like all three and will be playing fire Emblem warriors probably more than Mario Odyssey

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll pick up FE Warriors later and probably only play the story mode. I'm not falling into another endless Warriors hole like I did with Hyrule.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

They're stocking up for tomorrow's big release of RBI Baseball 17!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

I liked how much content was in Hyrule Warriors until I was fatigued by the game. I wish more of it required interactions because they did a great job with the designs and DLC packs, too.
I think my main complaint also boils down to "why are these dumbos standing there waiting to be killed" at least swing your weapon a little guys, have some confidence!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
just started mario x rabbids, already have a problem:

Undocked switch? Cant use the pro controller with the game unless one of the joycons is physically disconnected from the switch

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

spit on my clit posted:

just started mario x rabbids, already have a problem:

Undocked switch? Cant use the pro controller with the game unless one of the joycons is physically disconnected from the switch

I think someone mentioned something about a fix by going to the home screen and re-pairing the pro controller or something, I forget if it was in here or the rabbid thread though

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I think someone mentioned something about a fix by going to the home screen and re-pairing the pro controller or something, I forget if it was in here or the rabbid thread though

i already did that, but i'll try it again

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

spit on my clit posted:

I not against the concept (who doesn't want to feel like a badass taking on the whole Empire themselves?), but they've always been a complete failure of execution (pun not intended) in convincing me that there's two armies "fighting".
If they're going to go to the trouble of having dozens to hundreds of troops onscreen, then have them actually do something- even if it's just a basic back and forth/pre-calculated victory/loss with the player's troops to keep CPU overhead down.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dqh2 feels like a clash of armies but it is not perfect for switch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm livid that Mario is no longer a plumber. This is unacceptable.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

spit on my clit posted:

i already did that, but i'll try it again

They guy in the Mario + Rabbids thread said the 'fix' he used was just turning the joycons off.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
Just realized something dumb in Mario vs Rabbids. If you want to do co-op but are apparently mid-way through a certain world, you can't go back to the castle without losing your progress for the entire world. It seems pretty dumb and means I can only do co-op after I beat the game, or if I finish a world and wait to start the next one just to do co-op

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I figured out the Rabbids Pro Controller thing, just unclip one of the joycons from your switch and reattach it while in-game, then it will give you the prompt to reassign the Pro Controller

Controller assignment has been a little sketch lately, have had it stop working when returning from sleep mode in Splatoon as well

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

angel opportunity posted:

Just realized something dumb in Mario vs Rabbids. If you want to do co-op but are apparently mid-way through a certain world, you can't go back to the castle without losing your progress for the entire world. It seems pretty dumb and means I can only do co-op after I beat the game, or if I finish a world and wait to start the next one just to do co-op

Do you mean level? I haven't done coop but I travel back to Peach's castle all the time. Progress within a level is reset but you don't go back to the beginning of the world.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Infinitum posted:

Limited play Pokken demo can kiss my rear end

You can delete the demo and redownload it to reset plays remaining. It's dumb but it works.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/toucharcade/status/904750992905854976
Another Advance Wars game might see the light of day.

On mobile.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I see someone is putting that monkey's paw to use.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
We don't have the funds to deploy more tanks commander! But with just one payment of $5.00 we can double our factory efficiency! :regd09:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

We don't have the funds to deploy more tanks commander! But with just one payment of $5.00 we can double our factory efficiency! :regd09:

Nintendo's been pretty good about not being ruthless whalers.

Also, if a mobile Advance Wars will bring me a new real AW game, I'm all for it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I see someone is putting that monkey's paw to use.

This isn't true monkey's paw until they announce it and it's based on Days of Ruin.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
im going to 100% the loving ubisoft mario rabbid game

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The gameplay part of Fire Emblem Heroes is fine, it's just attached to gacha. Gacha is always terrible but the particular implementation is one of the more merciful ones. If it leads to a revival of proper Advance Wars, I'm for it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

HyperPuma posted:

im going to 100% the loving ubisoft mario rabbid game

I've got 4 challenges left and 3 are probably going to be rough as hell, one of them is rage inducing RNG as gently caress

I get that the mechanics of the world 4 midboss were "different" but their obsessive reuse of it in challenges is grating

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

sometimes the monkey paw gets you Ubisoft Mario Rabbids But Xcom, to be fair.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Real hurthling! posted:

Im waiting for a goty package for rabbids. 80 is insane imo. No shade tho.
Including the season pass cost is silly. The game is 60, I'm not sure how many hours it is but either that's worth it to you or it isn't. I'd say that at the moment the season pass probably isn't worth getting since so far it's only just DLC weapons.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm renting Mario XCOM from Gamefly but I just keep going back to Spla2n help

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

UK goons can get £5 off when they spend £20+ on the eShop using paypal https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=Y6ZELEVCHBLJA

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Frankston posted:

UK goons can get £5 off when they spend £20+ on the eShop using paypal https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/offers?view=details&offerId=Y6ZELEVCHBLJA

If I understand the small print this is only for the first 500 people (it says 2500 credits, assuming £1 is a credit) so maybe move on this while you can. Grabbed the Shovel Knight collection, I had the first game on Wii U but never finished it.

arsegrit
Oct 22, 2004
It says
"This Offer is valid until 2,500 credits ("Credit Cap") have been saved into customers’ PayPal accounts",
"Once an Eligible Customer has logged into their PayPal account and successfully saved the Offer, they will be credited with a £5 Credit (the “Credit”) into their PayPal account, to be spent on Nintendo eShop before the end of the Promotion Period.",
and
"Only one Credit can be saved and redeemed per customer"

So I read it as:
- There's 2500 credits available
- One credit is worth £5.
- If you grab one, you have until the 25th to actually use it. So grab the offer quick, but once you have it there's no rush to actually buy anything immediately.

Either way, thanks for the heads up!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

njsykora posted:

This isn't true monkey's paw until they announce it and it's based on Days of Ruin.

I've never understood this beef with DoR. It's a good game, and the story is pretty alright too, especially compared to the non-stories of the earlier games.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Amppelix posted:

I've never understood this beef with DoR. It's a good game, and the story is pretty alright too, especially compared to the non-stories of the earlier games.

no lash, no sonja, no sell

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Amppelix posted:

The tonal whiplash of an incredibly colourful and silly series suddenly deciding to go incredibly serious colours my opinion of it heavily granted, but I also think it's just nowhere near as good a game as even the first Advance Wars. I don't think the unit changes they made were fun to play with is the main thing, like you could change the tone back and bring characters back and I still wouldn't go back to pushing Anti-Tanks around over Stealth fighters and Megatanks.

Also it didn't have the best music the GBA ever produced

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I don't think that DoR is a bad game, in fact I think its quite good. The problem lies in what njsykora just said. When held in contrast to what came before it, the game wasn't as good, and a lot of the flavour was lost (both in terms of music and gfx). I'd be happy to see any advance wars come to Switch and I hope wargroove does well.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the music and aesthetics of DoR were definitely not as attractive, and neither were the godawful maps. the first few stages are literally just wide open plains with two sides rushing each other, it was like the map creator took off.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I found it was a lot easier to care about stuff that happened in Days of Ruin. This was when Fire Emblem was first making the rounds so I don't think it was a bad move trying to make things more serious and more tonally consistent with a war game.

Also can you use Paypal on the eshop now? Whoa.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
MarioXrabbids trip report:

Third boss is hilarious and good. I'm a bit surprised at how difficult it is to perfect, but it doesn't seem unfair.

game good.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Amppelix posted:

I didn't like it at all, probably because they took the entire premise of Advanced Wars and changed everything about it. I didn't like the story [Seriously? contagious flower infestation or whatever?], I didn't like the COs, I didn't like the music, I didn't like how the units looked, and I didn't like how you can softlock the game on the final stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

YES

• Locked thread